š”—š”Æš”¢š”žš”± š”œš”¬š”² š”…š”¢š”±š”±š”¢ļæ½...

By drearyharry

"I don't want you, don't you get it?" I say through gritted teeth. He stands up quickly scaring me a little... More

Treat You Better
[2]
[3]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
Last Chapter
Sequel???

[4]

2.8K 71 52
By drearyharry

"Brush, brush, brush my teeth. Keep them nice and clean." I sing to myself as the mint toothpaste burns my tongue.

I bend down and spit into the sink, rinsing my mouth for a few minutes, enjoying my time alone.

"Oh Mayyy.." Shawn's voice drags out my name from the other side of the front door.

I can't believe he isn't tired of me yet. He's been visiting me everyday since he got here.

"Oh Shawnn.." A smile that always appears around him dances across my face and I skip happily to the door.

I open it to see him dressed in one of his grey t-shirts and some black gym shorts, looking nice as ever.

"What's up, buttercup?" He leans against the doorframe and tucks his hands inside his front pockets.

I bite my bottom lip to keep a cool and collected aura as Shawn keeps an intense stare onto me.

"Nothin' much, honey bunch." I shrug and wonder what Shawn is doing here this time.

He seems to be in a daze as he continues to gaze at me and I chuckle at him before poking his cheek.

"You're always looking at me like I'm some sort of masterpiece. Which I'm not, so don't even say anything." My finger points at him and I raise a brow.

Shawn kisses my fingertip and an unexpected giggle leaves my lips.

"You're a masterpiece."

Unbelievable.

"And you're always kissing me, quite frankly I love it but I shouldn't." I confess out of frustration and huff.

Who does he think he is? Just showing up in my life out of nowhere and being nice to me.

"Do you have a swimsuit?" He ignores my statement and makes clicking noises with his tongue.

Of course not, I wear the same clothes about everyday.

I shake my head in response and Shawn drops his jaw at this. Weather like this, a swimsuit would be a good thing to have.

"Well come on." He grabs my hand and I quickly shut the door behind me before he drags us to his apartment.

"You ready Eliot?" Shawn calls out as he leads us into a room I've never been in before.

I'm gonna take a wild guess, and say this is Eliot's room with all of the spiderman things scattered about.

Our apartment is the same layout, but Connor claims this is his 'private room', which I'm not allowed in.

Eliot's brown, wavy hair comes into view as he bounces up and down in excitement.

"I've been ready Shawn!" Eliot punches Shawn in the stomach, who seems unhurt by the action.

Shawn scoops up Eliot and buried his face in his neck, blowing raspberries onto his soft skin.

"Put me down!" Eliot shrieks and giggles at the same time, trying to get out of his older cousins' hold.

Eventually Eliot smacks Shawn really hard on the face, leaving a red handprint on his left cheek.

"Turn that frown upside down." I bring my finger up to Shawn's mouth and pull up the corners, only letting it fall back to an adorable pout.

We're currently in the car, driving to who knows where as the top of the car is pulled down, letting the nice wind pass us by.

"I'll turn it upside down if you kiss it." Shawn cheekily smiles and keeps his eyes focused on the road ahead.

I want to kiss it, but not because of a mark caused by a little boy.

"Kidding." He says when he sees that I had turned away from him and crossed my arms.

I feel his hand pull at my arm to uncross it and I do so, allowing him to hold my hand and place it on his lap.

A beautiful lake comes into view with a couple few old people inside the clear, blue water. Shawn parks the car next to a tall, brown sign.

'Welcome to Lake Mohave!'

"Is this why I'm wearing one of your shirts?" His white shirt engulfs my small body and stops just below my butt.

He nods and gets out the car, opening the door for me as Eliot hops out himself.
Eliot runs past us in his spiderman trunks and arm floaties, walking right into the water.

We step around a couple of rocks and Shawn places his shoes on a random place on the light brown sand, me doing the same.

"Have you been here before?" Shawn asks and pats his pockets to make sure nothing is inside.

"Come on, don't be a little bitch!" Connor yells from the water at the bottom of the cliff I'm standing on.

Today is are six year anniversary, we've been together since we were sixteen.

I tug at my curly roots and shake my head as my lips start to tremble. He's always making me do things I don't want to do.

"You better jump in here or Trey will push you in!"

I look behind me to see Trey's smirking face as his eyes wander over my body. Connor made me wear my underwear and nothing else, not letting me borrow his shirt or take me out to buy a swimsuit.

"Ok, fuck, give me a second!" I shout and take a deep breath.

I take a step back before jumping into the air, my screams and Connor's laugh being the only thing heard.

I frantically swim back up to the top, gasping for air for only about a second before I feel a hand grip my hair and push me back under.

Kicking my legs and arms around to get back up, I slowly have trouble breathing. I'm tugged back up and I'm met face to face with the bastard.

"Happy anniversary, baby." Connor smirks before pushing me back under the water with no hesitation.

"–I read the reviews about this place, so it should be nice here." Shawn continues speaking, oblivious to my sudden change in mood.

I clear my throat which catches his attention and he gives me a patient look.

"I'm fine." I smile at him and he raises an eyebrow with a skeptical expression but lets me be.

"Eliot is having all the fun in the water." I look over to see Eliot splashing the water around and see he's right.

I turn back to Shawn to tell him I'm ready but lose my words at the sight of him stripping his shirt off.

His back muscles flex as his arms raise up and throws his shirt on the ground beside his shoes.

"You ready?" Shawn glances behind him to where I'm standing with my mouth slightly open.

I just nod in response, unable to speak and let out a small scream when I'm scooped up in his arms.

"Shawn, no!" I grip into his shoulders as he runs past Eliot, and walks further into the water.

We're soon up to neck deep water and I'm clinging onto Shawn as if he was a life vest.

"Do you not know how to swim, or is this an excuse to hold me?" He smiles his perfect smile and starts slowly swimming backwards, with me wrapped around him.

"I'm scared to swim in deep water." It does feel nice out here, the cold water surrounding my warm skin.

Shawn nods while leaning back and closes his eyes, still lightly kicking with me gazing down at him.

He looks so peaceful. I wish I could feel like that all the time.

Without thinking, I run my fingertips along his sharp jawline and see him smile at my touch.

"Sorry." I say in a low voice when he half opens his eyes to look at me.

He shakes his head quickly and brings my hand back up to his soft face. I smile as his eyes close again, basking in the warm sun and I run my hands through his now wet hair.

We just swim a little while longer with me touching and observing his facial features and him enjoying it.

"Are you not tired yet? We've been out here for quite some time." I question. This whole entire time I've been putting my weight on him and done absolutely nothing.

"Well I'm not really swimming, just floating around." He says in a husky voice.

I start to slip off and I shift my body a little to stay on top of him. Shawn's eyes fly open and he lets out a small, quiet whimper, gripping my waist.

Oh my god.

"Shit, I didn't mean–, lets not talk about this, ok?" I rush my words and watch his darkened, brown eyes glance at my lips.

Hoe don't do it.

Shawn looks back up to my eyes and right to where it was previously staring, at my plump lips.

He brings a hand behind my head and pulls me closer to him, his breath fanning against my lips.

When we're about a centimeter away from locking lips, I turn my head and let him kiss my cheek instead.

I can't do this anymore. I have to tell him about Connor.

"Does my breath smell bad or something?" Shawn asks curiously into my ear.

I chuckle at his comment because that's definitely not the case at all. He is the definition of minty goodness.

"No, I just have something you need to know." A frown sketches across my face as I lay my head into his shoulder.

"Listen, please don't hate me but I–"

"Well, before you tell me, let's go to this place I saw when we floated by. My body is starting to get tired and I rather not die by drowning." Shawn leans forward and I hesitantly let go after getting used to being in the deep.

Just don't think about it.
Think about what? Connor? The fact that you're swimming in the deep end? Both.

Shawn swims until he reaches one of the many rocks and climbs up.

Don't look at his back muscles, May.

Shawn reached for my hand and pulls me up along to where he's standing, our chests touching once I'm placed on the ground.

I watch his plump lips be taken into his mouth until it's released. A sigh leaves my mouth and a few moments later, were hiking up a small trail that seems all too familiar.

My shoulders slump when I realized we're at the same cliff I was forced to jump off of.

"We could totally jump off this thing!" I see Shawn looking over the edge and down into the water.

He turns back to me with a smile but soon drops it because I must have a saddened look on my face.

"You always look sad and I don't know why. What's wrong, May?" He walks until he's standing in front of me.

He cups my cheek and pulls at the corner of my mouth, like how I done earlier.

"You need to know something, I can't keep hiding it anymore." Placing my hand on top of his, I pull it away from my face and hold it in my hand instead.

"You're worrying me, May." Shawn chuckles nervously and gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I have a Connor." I blurt out with my eyes shut tight.

A few minutes of silence pass by but I know he's still here, his hand is still in my hold.

"What's a Connor?" He says knowingly.

I hesitantly open my eyes to see him confused and his head tilted slightly.

"An abusive, jackass who's also my boyfriend since my teenage years." I snatch my hand away from him and cover my eyes, tears starting to form.

A sudden warmth is wrapped around me and I notice it's just Shawn's firm arms around my body.

I cry into my hands and Shawn hugs me tighter with each sob that passes my lips.

"I'm so sorry. I should've said this earlier and I'm such a horrible girlfriend to him but I don't even know if I should consider him as my boyfriend!" Shawn sways us side to side  in a comforting pace.

"I already knew this, I'm not stupid." Shawn says after awhile.

With a pout, I glance up at him and see him already looking down at me with a straight face.

You're always looking at me.

"Please don't leave me." Tears brim up at my eyes and I try my best to blink them away, only making it worse.

Shawn swipes a tear away and kisses my forehead with a warm kiss.

"I won't, and don't think I won't stop my affections for you." He smiles a small one, causing me to do so as well.

"I'm afraid."

Shawn leaves a soft kiss on my nose before taking my hand and dragging us to the edge of the cliff.

"I'll never leave you."

With that, we both jump off the rocky cliff, hand in hand and never let go.

**

Yeah, I'm sorry about this chapter of it's awful, oh dear

But I'm just trying to make this story progress somewhat quickly, ya know

Don't want them to be in that motel forever ;)

Thank you dudes for reading chapter 4 xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 731 38
To you, he was your idol, your everything, your biggest inspiration. But to him, you were just another fan in the crowd. That was, until his eyes met...
5.3K 59 47
"I have fallen completely in love with you all over again," I started as I looked up at Shawn, he just stared at me in shock, "everything you do, eve...
52.9K 857 75
a story about how a fake - turned real - love affair between one very famous singer and one up and coming singer becomes a whirlwind of drama, distra...
564K 14.8K 73
"NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER let anyone other than me see you in such little clothes. Have I made myself clear tesoro? " His husky voice dialed down by an...