Uzumaki Clan: Silver Starlet

By vote4kiba

NARUTO WATTYS 2016 FIRST PLACE WINNER Fifteen years after the Fifth Hokage's battle, an era of peace had mend... More

Chapter 1- Heartbreak
Chapter 2- Deal
Chapter 3- Goodbye
Chapter 4- The Sixth
Chapter 5- Shinobi
Chapter 6- Secret Mission
Chapter 7- Women
Chapter 8- Warning
Chapter 9- Revealed
Chapter 10- Clan
Chapter 11- Save Me
Chapter 12- Revolution
Chapter 13- War Begins
Chapter 15- Struggle for Life
Chapter 16- Konoha's Hero
Chapter 17- Obito's Legacy
Chapter 18- Asset
Chapter 19- Akatsuki
Chapter 20- Twenty

Chapter 14- Pain

1.4K 88 120
By vote4kiba

A/N 

Don't hate me plz.

(EDIT: I didn't really like how I ended the chapter so I'm erasing a line.)

-v4k

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

The silence of the world echoed the fear the shinobi of Konoha felt in their hearts. Everything in front of them was either a mystery or death. With one being certain, they opted for the mystery. Minako and Kakashi Hatake, Naruto Uzumaki, and Obito, Sasuke, and Itachi Uchiha were the beloved guardians of the precious Village Hidden in the Leaves. Their undying spirit and power made the shinobi in the Land of Fire believe they were invincible. They were wrong. The village watched in shock over their two Hokage frozen in fear at the task ahead, more so knowing a criminal organization was now in the mix. However the only soothing thought known to the brave shinobi defending their village was seeing Obito and Kakashi standing with the elite force known as the Akatsuki. 

Standing at the center of the line and first to walk forward was a man with bright orange hair and facial piercings. His cloak trailed behind him as an aura of power possessed him.

"By facing our allies, you shall know pain." The deep voice commanded to the two samurai royal heirs. The two men didn't know how to act, never before seeing a group with such a terrifying and stomach dropping presence. The man before them...the orange haired man of the rinnegan meant one thing and one thing only.

Death.

As quick as a breath, the Akatsuki were on the move, two in the air. A blonde man rode a clay bird around the battle field, dropping bombs on the clustered samurai forces.

"An easy target un!" The man grinned dangerously as he summoned larger explosives, killing more samurai. The samurai broke formation and began to charge towards the village. Minako swallowed the dry lump in her throat, preparing herself to face her fears. She nearly feinted when she felt a hand ghost her's.

"Kakashi...I.." She didn't have to say anymore. Her big round eyes exposed the lingering fear in her heart...afraid that it will be on her watch that the most powerful village in the world will fall. Kakashi snaked his hand in her's tightly, offering her a smile under his navy cloth mask.

"You're the love of my life. You and I are going to make it out of this. Obito knows what he's doing. Have faith in him." At the mention of his name, Obito turned back to half smile at the woman he so vehemently loved. 

"Minako...all those years ago, what was the one promise I never gave up on." Obito said, his muscular frame standing before her. She saw a flash of a child like Obito, the one with the goggles she fell in love with so many years before. Now she was looking at a man with power, power so strong it would make her head spin. Power so deep that it reached the heart she forced to beat. His single onyx eye swirled into the mangekyo sharingan, the smile still on his face.

"I promised to protect you. Always." It was in that moment Minako finally understood the length of Obito's love for her. She finally grasped the deep realization of an unspoken truth between two souls so closely bonded. Minako nearly forgot her husband of twenty years standing beside her during her transfixed moment. The red head watched as the Akatsuki worked together, excited to finally have a challenge for once. They were stuck with bounty missions and criminal hires that a full out war was the most exciting thing on their to-do list. The floating paper angel above them shot numerous pieces at the incoming samurai, Pein running towards them as well.

"Pein, Go!" She yelled. The leader was encased in a paper sphere along with approximately two hundred samurai.

"Almighty push." He spoke in his deep voice, instantly crushing the men within the sphere. The ninja shifted their focus to watch as a puppet master used an iron sand jutsu to take out more men, another using black threads from his back, casting tri-elemental blasts onto the army. Minako and Itachi saw one figure and growled in suspicion and shock while watching the man pull out a triple bladed red scythe, kissing a silver medallion before battle.

"Hey!! You!!" Minako called out with narrowed eyes. The man that one tried to kill her turned back to grin at Minako.

"Oi bitch!! You and your little boyfriend got fuckin old!" He mocked, referring to her and Itachi. Itachi loathed the man but he was currently an ally.

"You haven't aged...what the hell?!" Minako stated slightly jealous of the silver haired jashinist named Hidan.

"It's called being immortal bitch. Now time to do Lord Jashin's bidding!" He ran out onto the battlefield with a maniacal laugh, absolutely slaughtering through people. He was so quick and amazing at evading that despite his immortality, no one seemed to lay a hand on them. Itachi recognized one of the swordsmen from the Hidden Mist. A shark humanoid named Kisame. Kisame unleashed his beloved animal sword samehada from its wrappings, swinging it harshly. The samurai were no problem for him at all. Minako was in complete awe over the Akatuski's power, they were obliterating the samurai by the hundreds at an insane rate. Takeda and Hattori were furious, knowing their plan was quickly faltering.

The Konoha ninjas were growing restless, waiting for orders from their Hokage. Minkao decided to fill that roll once again.

"Everyone fall back and let the medic ninjas heal you! We'll take care of the rest!" Minako commanded. The ninjas felt happy to see Minako back on her feet and ready for a fight...one hell of one too. Kakashi lifted up his head band and walked forward with Obito, nodding for Minako to follow.

"Let's show the world what Team Minato can do." Kakashi stated, the emptiness of not having Rin with them filled their hearts but quickly left as they charged into battle. Sasuke, Naruto, and Itachi watched eagerly, never seeing the infamous team fight together before. The two sharingan wielders stayed on either side of Minako, using the kamui on her as she dashed forward with incredible speed.  She vanished into nothing, allowing Obito to blow a fireball in front of the dozens of samurai ahead. Kakashi accelerated the fire's power by using a wind jutsu on it, the fire quadrupling in size. They stuck their armor together, attempting to block the fire in front of them but had no idea the red flash was above them, falling rapidly. She held two hands up in the air with the largest rasengan she had ever made. 

"RASENGAN!" She yelled before creating a massive crater in the ground, the bodies of over one hundred samurai littered the area. Naruto's mouth dropped at the capability his mother had, the teamwork level was flawless. The samurai tried to hit Obito but they couldn't even touch him, the weapons just went right though. Kakashi had the same ability and Minako was too fast for them to reach. She was about to round house kick a samurai in the head but was harshly yanked down by her gorgeous flaming hair. The Hokage hissed in pain but the samurai held strong. He was about to slice her neck open when she pushed forward, forcing him to cut through her waist length hair instead. Her ninja head band fell, her hair now ending sharply at her shoulders. It reminded her of when she first met Kakashi, Rin, and Obito...the same day her sister had to cut her hair short. The memory of her sister sparked a flurry in Minako's eyes, revenge being the only option for having her hair destroyed. She kept her hair long to be like her sister...and now it was gone. 

"RAAAGHHH!!" Minako immediately flickered gold, her hair moving upwards as her teeth sharpened and eyes turned to a deep crimson. 

"Kurama let's go." Minako said in a double voice, letting Kurama's power run through her freely. Massive golden tails extended from her body, swiping away samurai after samurai. She took out Minato's special kunai and began throwing them rapidly in various directions. She instantaneously transported from kunai after kunai with rasengans in hand. As soon as she picked up one kunai, she threw it again. When she ran out of chakra to keep doing rasengans she merely stabbed the samurai with the kunai she through. The samurai didn't know how to react, the Red Flash was dissolving them in their group. Minako eventually stopped, slumped from a lack of chakra. 

She was surrounded by dead bodies, all of which were ones she had killed. Despite wanting peace her entire life, she was a weapon of mass destruction. Kakashi watched his wife fall to her knees, her hair had a straight cut to it at shoulder length. Before he could run to her, Obito was already there, helping her up and holding her. Kakashi felt sick to his stomach for a moment. Something didn't feel right to him. He suddenly had the same feeling when he was young and when Minako chased after Obito. He watched their eyes connect and Obito forming a soft smile on his lips. Kakashi froze still, watching his beloved with the man that accomplished for her so much more than Kakashi ever could. 

For the first time since Minako professed her love for Obito on the fateful day at Kannabi Bridge, Kakashi felt heartbreak.

The silver haired ninja let out a gasp as a blade pierced his abdomen, Hattori grinning successfully behind him. When the blade was pulled out, he fell on his knees and groaned in pain. Minako immediately heard him, her eyes as wide as discs. She jumped out of Obito's arms and threw a three pronged kunai, appearing in front of Hattori so fast she was merely a blur before he was kicked back into the ground several feet away. Minako knelt over Kakashi, sensing Naruto and the others running towards her.

"Kakashi...Kakashi...come on baby breathe with me." Minako began to cry when she saw blood soaking through his jonin flak jacket. She ripped the green material off of him, placing her hands over the wound. Kakashi was groaning in pain, sharp breaths were heard as he tried to let the air in his lungs. Mina's hands were soaked in Kakashi's blood, her sobbing in fear that she would lose her husband, the man she loved more than her own life.

"Kakashi stay with me...please stay with me...I can't do this without you." Minako sobbed. The tears barreled down her cheeks. Hattori stood up slowly, ready to charge again but was instead faced with a furious Naruto.

"You tried to kill my step-father...I'm going to make you regret your existence." Naruto growled. Naruto began fighting Hattori, keeping him at bay while the others gathered around Kakashi. Sasuke brought Sakura with him, the kunoichi pushing Minako out of the way. Minako moved so she could lay Kakashi's head in her lap, staring into each other's eyes.

"Kakashi...fight for me okay?! Don't give up! Don't let in to the pain!" Minako cried. Kakashi was feeling tired, his lack of chakra and the wound in his stomach made him feel so weak.

"Do...do you still love him...?" Kakashi asked Minako. Obito widened his eyes knowing he was talking about him. Minako raised an eyebrow and clenched her teeth so she could answer without sobbing. 

"What..?" She whispered. Kakashi's eyes held jealousy and sadness in them...Obito was stunned speechless. To save Kakashi from having to speak again, Minako looked at Kakashi seriously.

"Kakashi Hatake...I gave you everything I ever had to offer in my life...I love you with everything inside of me and more...you're the love of my fucking life! Don't you dare waste a precious questioning my heart for you! Dammit after twenty years Kakashi you should know by now that my heart only beats for you!" Obito swallowed the lump in his throat but it was nothing new. He was living in eternal pain from not being with the woman he loved most, however he felt it was justified after all the pain he caused her. Kakashi relaxed a bit, hearing words of comfort from his wife. Sakura's green chakra waivered, the kunoichi unsure of what to do.

"Mina...He's...he's hit in a vital spot...I don't know if I can do anything more." Sakura admitted. Everyone was in shock but nothing could beat the utter shattered expression on Minako's face.

"No... no no no no no!!!" She screamed in complete agony. Her whole body hurt with the intense fear that gripped her insides.

"Kakashi please don't go...please don't...if you can't do it for me, think of Shina! Shinasui needs you! She needs you Kakashi!!" Minako heavily sobbed with her body shaking. Kakashi slowly lifted his hand to graze the silk ends of Minako's much shorter flaming hair. His time was running out and he knew it.

"Y...your hair...it's beautiful...like a rose.." And with those words, his hand dropped to the ground, his eyes closing permanently. The words that made Minako fall in love with him as a child were the same ones that he left her with thirty years later. Minako screamed and shook Kakashi, trying to wake him up, unable to admit the fact that he was dead.

"Wake up Kakashi...don't leave me...don't leave me Kakashi!! Wake up wake up!! I love you...I love you so much! I love you more than my life. I love you more than this world. I love you more than anything so please just wake up!!" She was losing it...her face completely soaked in salty tears and sweat. Obito embraced her tightly, trying to calm her.

"He's gone Minako." Itachi, Sasuke, and Sakura didn't know what to do or what to say. It ripped them apart to know Kakashi was gone. Naruto was infuriated and ended up killing Hattori with his own sword, running back towards where Kakashi's body laid. Naruto's cerulean orbs filed up with water, looking at the man that basically half raised him going cold. He looked at his mother who was beyond the point of despair...her heart, no...her soul was broken in two, Kakashi taking the piece with her to the grave. Minako stood up and left Obito's embrace, his presence merely bothersome to her at this point. She leaned over and removed Kakashi's mask, blocking the others from seeing his face with her hair.

"Come back to me." She whispered on his cooling lips. She pressed her lips to his...but there was no warmth behind it...no welcoming sign of love she had been so used to. Everything in her life had seemed so meaningless. What was the point of living if everything she ever loved died. Her friends, her family, and now her husband...the man she would sell the world for. It didn't matter what happened between Obito and her in the past. It didn't matter to her that Obito was her first love. It didn't matter to her that Obito still loved her...because as selfish as it may sound, she was completely devoted to Kakashi in mind, body, and spirit no matter who else loved her. 

Obito had a moment of grief for not only his friend but for the woman he loved. He never wanted to see her in that amount of excruciating pain. He knew there was only one thing for him to do in order to save her a life of pain. He knew she could live without him...but not without Kakashi. 

"Minako." Obito called out. Minako looked over at him with reddened violet eyes, the color was matte and dead. She lost her soul...she lost her will to live. 

"Promise me one thing." He continued. She didn't care at this point what was on the line...she didn't care what happened to her.

"What.." She barely spoke. Obito's black eye filled up with tears...knowing that this was his goodbye.

"Promise me that you'll tell him you love him every single day. Promise me that you will kiss him and hold his hand. Promise me that you will love him with everything you got in more. Promise me that he will never yell at Shinasui and that you will cherish her more than a priceless treasure...and most importantly..." He took a deep breath before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

"Promise me you will never feel this sadness again." Minako was beyond confused but nodded anyway, embracing Obito's warmth and safety. However, he was not the same as Kakashi. 

"Promise." She whispered, unsure of what Obito was planning. He smiled while tears ran down his face, unaware of the lingering eyes of his audience.

"I love you Minako Uzumaki...I always have...and I forever will...through him." Before Minako had a chance to react, Obito opened his usually closed eye to reveal a purple eye with ringlets. He knelt in front of Kakashi's limp form, the blood beginning to dry on his shirt. He performed a few handisigns before a bright green glow moved from Obito to Kakashi.

"Forbidden Art: Rinne Rebirth." Two and two were finally put together by the group as they watched Obito's hair go from black to a blinding white, his life force entering Kakashi's instead. Obito was breathing heavily, sweating while his life was fading from him. Sakura realized what he was doing and went over to Kakashi's body to begin healing him as much as she could in order to help Obito. Naruto went over to his mother and held her hand, both of their eyes dark with worry.

Thu-thump

A heartbeat was heard...coming from Kakashi's chest.

Thump-thu-thump-thu-thump

The body began to twitch, the son of the white fang began to move his fingers ever so slightly. The next sound was a slight gasp of breath from the broken man's chest. Minako silently had tears overflow her eyes without her knowledge. Her Kakashi was slowly waking up. Naruto tightened his grip on his Mom's hand in recognition.

"Rinne-rebirth..." A pair of eyes opened. "...complete..." Kakashi blinked a few times before slowly sitting up, surrounded by a bunch of teary eyed people. He looked to see his wife stare at him with such a breathtakingly beautiful sense of relief and disbelief. 

"Ka...Kashi...?" She whispered. Only a half a second had passed until she engulfed his body with her's tears flowing freely as she kissed every part of Kakashi's face that she could.

"M-Mina...I-I need to b-breathe..." Kakashi's muffled voice said. The group couldn't help but chuckle to see how relieved Minato was, however the pain was still completely evident on her face. She thought she was dreaming.

"Maybe I'm dead and we're together again...how peaceful..." Minako whispered more to herself than anything. 

"Kakashi." A strained voice sounded out. Everyone turned their attention to a ghostly looking Obito who had a difficult time staying conscious.

"Obito! What...what did you do?!" Kakashi asked, the pain in his abdomen completely gone and healed thanks to Obito and Sakura. 

"I...brought you back...I couldn't...stand watching her in...such pain..." Kakashi knew exactly what he was talking about...the way Minako loses herself when faced with a loss of a loved one was a risk to her life. Losing him may have been the tip over the edge for her.

"Kakashi..." Obito continued. "Now...it's your turn to...promise me something..." Obito breathed out heavily. The light was leaving his eyes, but he refused to leave until his mission was complete.

"Anything." Kakashi said without even bothering to think. Obito smirked at him, his once teammate, turned enemy, turned friend. 

"Promise...to never...ever leave her side...shower...her with love...do everything...I never had the chance...to do. And one more thing...keep...my little Shinasui...safe." Kakashi's mouth was wide, as was everyone else's.

"I promise." Obito reached forward, closing his right eye before placing a hand on Kakashi's eye. 

"I leave them to you...my life force should let you...use them at will..." Obito coughed deeply, spitting out blood. Obito fell forward a bit, catching himself on Kakashi's shoulders. 

"Take care...my friend..." And just like that night...that night where Obito was lost on that horrid bridge...he gave up his life for the sake of his friend...for the sake of the girl he loved. The war was merely background noise to the group of ninjas witnessing one of the greatest heroic acts of their time.

Obito Uchiha loved Minako Uzumaki so deeply and so truly, that he gave up his life and future in order for the man she loved to live. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
109K 5.5K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
949K 36K 86
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...