Relapse ★ Bucky Barnes

By primuskat

❝Whatever happens, I will never stop loving you.❞ . . .in which they are broken and battered, but their love... More

SYNOPSIS
PLAYLIST
Torturous and Scattered Memories
Dose of Repurcussions
An Undescribable Pain
It's Been Taken Care Of
Can You Hold Me?
It's Just Not Enough
Somewhere Far Away
Just A Bit Stressed Out
The One in Charge
Regretful Apologies
Clouded Judgement
No Place in the World
He's Just Gone
Accepting Responsibility
Riding the Terrain
Ignorance is Bliss
Stripped Souls and Torn Hearts
Emotional Turmoil of Life
Coming to Terms
The Search Begins
Good Strategies
Agree to Disagree
Framed to Find
I Know A Guy
Watch Your Mouth
A New Recruit
We Need a Diversion
Feeling of Betrayal
On the Defensive
This Is Your Final Warning
It's For the Best
Come Back To Me
JUNE FIRST
JUNE THIRD
JUNE FOURTH
JUNE SIXTH
JUNE EIGHTH
A New Friend
JUNE ELEVENTH
JUNE FOURTEENTH
JUNE TWENTY-SECOND
JUNE THIRTIETH
JULY THIRD
JULY ELEVENTH
JULY TWENTY-THIRD
JULY THIRTY-FIRST
AUGUST FOURTEENTH
Ponder on the Good
A Happy Birthday
Home Is Where the Heart Is
His Cure
All I Need Is You
What If?
Something's Wrong
You're A Catastrophe
You're My Person
An Ultimatum
Consider the Consequences
It's A Dedication
We're Gonna Get Through This
You're Gonna Pay For That
I Can't Take This Pain
The Last Time
Whatever It Takes
A Small and Broken Family
A Promise To Always Be Yours
Epilogue
BOOK THREE

I'm Gonna Hold You To That

8.6K 348 268
By primuskat

Wanda, Marlena, and Bucky all occupied Greyson's living room. Bucky was fast asleep on the couch, while Marlena and Wanda sat together in the love seat, their attention on the large flat screen television hanging on the wall. They felt content, more content than they had in the last several months. After being away for so long, they were finally back home with the people they loved, though at the moment there was one person missing.

Marlena was waiting rather impatiently for her little brother to make an appearance. He still hadn't returned home from whatever it was Greyson said he was doing—which Marlena hoped was football—and Marlena was growing more and more anxious as the time passed. She missed her brother more than anything, and she wanted nothing more than to be able to see him. The fact of it almost pushed her to head to his school just so she could see him, but Greyson didn't think that would've been very wise.

"I've finally rearranged the bathroom," Greyson's voice sounded from the stairs. "All of my bath bombs are in a beautiful display above the sink."

Wanda shot him a look as he ventured into the living room. "I thought it was mostly women who used the bath bombs."

Greyson chuckled and moved to sit down in the recliner at the opposite end of the room. "Bath bombs have no gender, Wan."

"Does Mason use bath bombs?" Marlena asked with a raised brow.

"No," Greyson said with a shake of his head. "He doesn't like the way they sparkle."

Marlena snorted and looked back to the television. "That's very wonderful, Greyson."

Greyson wasn't given the chance to respond before the front door burst open, attracting the attention of Marlena, Wanda, and Greyson.

"Sorry I'm late getting home, Greyson," a voice called out to him.

The voice—which Marlena knew to be Mason—startled her, as it was slightly deeper than she could remember it being. The mere sound of it made her hate that puberty existed. Her brother was growing up and she wasn't sure if she liked it or not.

"How was practice?" Greyson called back with a smirk on his face.

Mason appeared in the living room a split second after that, but he wasn't alone. He stopped, however, when he noticed his sister and Wanda, both of whom seemed very happy, yet very shocked to see him. He had changed phenomenally in the past three months, which was very noticeable. It brought tears to Marlena's eyes, though they were shared with her happiness due to finally being able to see him.

"Marlena?" Mason spoke quietly.

Marlena smiled and nodded before standing up and running over to him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. Greyson hadn't been lying when he said Marlena was now the smallest in the family either; Mason was now roughly five inches taller than she was, though he was still much smaller than both Bucky and Greyson.

"I'm so happy to see you," Marlena said as she hugged him.

Mason chuckled and hugged her tightly, pressing his cheek to the top of her head. "I'm happy to see you, too."

Marlena pulled away from him and smiled before turning her attention to the brunette girl standing behind him. She stood with a small smile on her face as she looked at Marlena, and though Marlena immediately knew who she was because of her abilities, she decided to introduce herself anyway.

"I'm Marlena," she said sweetly. She was trying to hide the fact that she was thoroughly displeased with her presence; there was a bad air about the girl that Marlena didn't like, especially not for her brother. She was just glad she, as well as Wanda, could sense it.

"Oh," Mason exclaimed as he moved to hug Wanda. "That's Carly; she's a good friend of mine."

Greyson snickered. "You mean good girlfriend of yours?"

"Shut up, Greyson," Mason muttered as Greyson disappeared fro the living room.

"It's really nice to meet you, Marlena," Carly greeted Marlena before turning her attention to Wanda. "And I know who you are; I'm a big fan—a big fan of both of you, really."

Wanda smiled at her, though it was feigned. "Thank you."

Mason moved over to Bucky, who was still fast asleep on the couch. He let out a chuckle before shaking his shoulder in an attempt to jar him awake. It worked, and after several seconds, Bucky's eyes were fluttering open to meet Mason's.

"What the hell?" Bucky murmured as he looked up at the smirking boy. He sat up quickly as if to get a better look of the boy he believed to be Mason, and the moment he gathered that it was in fact him, he stood up, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"Happy to see you, too, pal," Mason chuckled.

Bucky pulled away to look at him, his eyes widening slightly as he took in the boy's appearance. He was just as shocked as Marlena and Wanda were; Mason was growing up, much too fast in his opinion. "You make me feel like I've been gone a year, Mase."

"Well, y'know," Mason laughed. He then turned to Carly, who now looked considerably uneasy. "Carly, this is Bucky; Bucky this is Carly."

Carly gave a small smile and nodded to him, while Bucky did the same. He was completely oblivious to the fact that he was the reason for her uneasiness, but Wanda and Marlena were not. In fact, her uneasiness frustrated the two girls, especially Marlena, and she rolled her eyes before turning around to face the young girl, much to Mason's and Bucky's confusion.

"What is it about him that bothers you?" Marlena spoke sternly, startling the young girl. "If you say it's his arm, I'm gonna go off."

Bucky took a deep breath and pulled Marlena back. "Maybe you should just leave her be. It's fine," he assured her more-so than himself.

"No," Marlena exclaimed. "This is exactly why Wanda and I did what we did for you; we were tired of people looking at you and treating you like some monster, Bucky."

Bucky only frowned and sat back down on the couch. He didn't protest against her or Wanda for that matter; he couldn't stop them from saying what they wanted to say.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I saw him on the news a few months ago," Carly said to Marlena as she glanced between her and Bucky. "He was wanted for blowing up the UN building and it just freaked me out."

Wanda let out a sarcastic laugh and propped her feet up in front of her. "Marlena and I could have destroyed the UN building with a simple hand gesture, yet you don't appear to be afraid of us."

"Wanda and I also blew up a building occupied with innocent civilians in Nigeria," Marlena added. "Did you miss seeing that on the news, or are you simply disregarding it for some reason?"

"Wanda, Marlena," Mason warned the two girls, but his warning was not heeded.

"No, no," Marlena wagged her finger at Mason and stepped towards a disgruntled Carly, wrapping her arm around her shoulder. "You're a very pretty girl, Carly, and I really want to like you, but I'm afraid to say I don't."

"Marlena," Bucky warned this time, though he went ignored.

"W-why?" Carly spoke nervously.

Marlena grinned down at the young girl. "Those shoes you're wearing and that purse you're carrying? I know Mason bought them for you, and I'm sure he's bought several other things for you, and as I sift through your very under-developed teenage mind, I've become very aware that whatever you think you feel for him stems solely from the fact that he spoils you, and he does so financially."

"Oh god," Mason muttered as he sat down beside a snickering Wanda.

"Let me be clear when I say that's not okay with me," Marlena continued on. "Using someone for your own benefit is quite trashy, especially when that someone you're using is a fourteen year old boy whose sister is about to go through the struggle of a lifetime trying to take care of him."

"But you're the one that gave him the money in the first place," Carly tried to defend herself. "And you're friends with Tony Stark who is one of the richest men in the world; how much of a struggle could taking care of one person be?"

Marlena chuckled. "First of all, I don't count on Tony Stark to provide for me, and even if I did that wouldn't justify what you're doing."

"Second of all," Wanda chimed in. "He's not the only one she's taking care of."

"So now what?" Carly shrugged. "Are you two gonna zap me out of existence?"

"No, but I am going to tell you to take your existence in Mason's life elsewhere," Marlena said to her.

Carly only frowned and rolled her eyes before starting towards the front door. She disappeared out the door, leaving Marlena feeling very good. She didn't want someone like her in her brother's life, and she would've done whatever it took to make sure she left.

"You're a lot more savage than I remember you being," Mason chuckled as Marlena sat down on the couch beside Bucky.

"I have Levi to thank for that."

Bucky rolled his eyes and laid down again, his head on Marlena's lap. "Screw Levi."

"He'd love that," Wanda giggled.

Bucky only grunted and nestled himself further into Marlena. She smiled down at him and placed a hand in his hair, running her fingers through the long strands.

"Are you comfortable?" Marlena asked him.

"Hmm," Bucky hummed in content as his eyes fluttered shut. "Might as well enjoy it before I'm shipped off tomorrow."

"Where are you going tomorrow?" Mason asked with a frown on his face. "You're not leaving again are you?"

Marlena let out a sigh and looked at Mason. "He has to turn himself in. . ."

"To the cops? Why? He didn't do anything," Mason defended Bucky.

"Tell that to the government," Bucky muttered.

"We're gonna do whatever it takes to make sure you come back home, Buck," Marlena reassured him. "I promise you that."

Bucky opened his eyes to look up at her, a small smile pulling at the corners of his lips. "I'm gonna hold you to that, Marlena Claire."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 9.3K 57
It's post CA:CW. The Avengers have split, a mysterious organization is hunting down Bucky Barnes, and Team Cap is struggling with their loss of the f...
23.3K 648 21
This is a Sequel to Hydra's Hope and a prequel to Winter's Widow. The love of your life Bucky Barnes has been Snapped and you find comfort in Steve R...
115K 2.8K 31
After you're found beaten and bruised on the road by Bucky, you form a beautiful friendship. He takes you to the Avengers compound and the mystery ar...
3.5M 108K 74
❝Just know that from this point on, whatever happens, I'll be with you. I'm not gonna leave your side until you tell me to.❞ . . .in which she helps...