A Beautiful and Terrible Truth

By BeautifullySimple

[Sequel to Secret] "Ah, the truth, a beautiful and terrible thing that must be treated with care." Courtney h... More

A Beautiful and Terrible Truth
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 28

10.4K 304 62
By BeautifullySimple

Draco's POV

"Where do we start?" I asked Alexandra after she ate her breakfast. "I mean, can't go back to Alycia's house for you to be able to try and track her from there. My dad's buddies made that impossible."

"Will you just shut up?" Alexandra shot daggers at me. "I need time to think about this and going back to that house would help whether or not its completely destroyed. So, let's start there but after I finish my orange juice, alright?"

I nodded. "Whatever you want, Alexandra."

She laughed slightly. "Obviously not, but let's go."

I truly felt bad for Alexandra. I knew she was angry at me for something, but I just couldn't put my finger on why exactly. I had a hunch that she wanted more to happen between us since the first night we spent together, but as long as I knew Courtney had breath in her body, I was not about to cheat on her. Hell, probably not even then. Courtney was the only one who held my heart and that would never, ever change. Even in death, she will be the only one for me. As muggles would say, I'm ruined for other women now.

"So, how long do you think it'll take you to find her?" I asked, just trying to make conversation.

She shrugged. "I dunno. If she's made it a point that she doesn't want to be found, which I'm sure she has based on the way she disappeared, then it's gonna be pretty hard to find her. It might take some time, Draco."

"Time isn't on our side though," I shook my head. "We need to find her now."

That's when we heard several screams. Neither of us started running. We figured it was just scouts out looking for witches or wizards that were in hiding. Neither of us had anything to fear. I was a Death Eater, and Alexandra was in my company. We were pretty damn safe. We heard a pop as we turned a corner and saw that it was a group of people getting caught right on the sight that we needed for Alexandra needed to track Courtney. As we neared, I realized that I recognized the two girls and ran over to them.

"Draco!" Astoria yelled from the grasp of a scout.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, looking from her to Kam.

"We've been caught!" Kam yelled, looking kind of scared. "Can you help us?"

"They're criminals, Draco," said one of the scouts. "They said the taboo. They must be taken in. You do understand that, right, sir?"

I shot daggers at him, treating me like I was stupid, eh? "Do I look stupid to you?"

"Draco, leave them alone," Alexandra called from behind me, but I wasn't about to let them take Kam and Astoria. That was not about to happen when they could help me find Courtney.

"No, sir," he shook his head.

"Then look at that girl. Do you know who she is?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "She's a hider."

"Look who's the stupid one now," I chuckled. "She's the Greengrasses' daughter out on a mission. You wouldn't want to upset people who are so close to Him now would you?"

"But what about the other girl?"

"If she was in company with the Greengrass girl, then let her go as well," I ordered. "And leave at once."

Once they were gone I turned to Kam and Astoria, expecting me to be the upset one, but Kam ran up to me and slapped me across the face. I was definitely confused. What was wrong with these two? It seemed almost as if they wanted to be captured by the two. Were they completely mental?

"You ruined everything, Draco!" Kam screamed at me. "We had them right where we wanted them and here you come to save the day. Why couldn't you have waited at least another two minutes?"

I raised an eyebrow up at her. "Are you completely mental? The position you two were in would've gotten you taken."

"Exactly," Astoria sighed and put a hand to her forehead. "That was the plan."

I blinked a couple times, obviously in a little bit of shock. "Are you completely mental? Do you know what would happen to you two? Astoria, you're a blood traitor. You could've been imprisoned or worse murdered."

She shrugged. "It would've been worth it if we could help Courtney finish her mission."

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of her name. "How would getting yourselves kidnapped help her finish her mission?"

"Well, they took the time turner that she needs to finish her mission," Kam informed me. "It has all the information she needs on it."

"You mean," I said, pulling the time turner out of my pocket, "this time turner. I picked it up in Alycia Torrez's house just last night."

Astoria's eyes got huge. "So it was you that was trying to get into the house last night while we were there. Not a whole bunch of Death Eaters? You completely destroyed the house and made it almost impossible for us to find the time turner?"

I nodded. "It was me and Alexandra-"

"Who the hell is this bitch?" Kam snapped, interrupting me midsentence. "Why are you traveling with her, Draco?"

"I'm just tracking Courtney for him," Alexandra spoke up. "We are not an item in any way, shape, or form. You can count on that, so don't call me a bitch."

"Sorry," Kam then looked at me. "I wish we would've known that you were the one coming last night or that you were going to be here today," her hands were covering her face. "Now everything is completely ruined."

Astoria nodded. "Everything is ruined."

"What is ruined?" I asked, looking from one to the other. "You need to start from the beginning and tell me what is going on."

"Well, we came back here in search for the time turner, figured it would be the best place to start. You know, when you loose something, you come back to the place you lost it first," Astoria was beginning to turn pale. "But we came back to a demolished house."

"Yeah, there was nothing to be found," Kam added. "Was that you that destroyed this house?"

I shook my head. "No, it was my dad's buddies after they all had evacuated it of course. They took Alycia with them you know."

"Shit," Astoria said outloud. "You-Know-Who is so going to know what we're up to. This is not good at all. I know he has her just so he can see what Courtney is up to."

"Speaking of Courtney," I paused, starting to get a little scared, "where the hell is she?"

They both looked at each other before Astoria finally looked at me.

"Well?" I said.

She sighed. "Promise you won't be angry with us?"

"Yeah," Kam agreed. "Pinky Promise?" and she held up her pinky to me.

“Draco?” Courtney called.

I turned and smiled at her. “Yes, love?”

“Promise you won’t ever, ever forget me?”

I rolled my eyes. “What kind of question is that?”

She shrugged. “You never know what could happen. One minute you’re in love with me, and the next you could be snogging the face off what’s-her-name.”

“I could never, ever forget you, Courtney. No matter how hard I try to, I just can’t do it. Trust me, I’ve tried loads of time. You know, back when we used to hate each other. It never worked. My love for you shined through every time. So, ask me again,” I smirked at her.

“Promise?” she looked at me with worried eyes.

I held out my pinky to her. “I pinky promise.”

Pinky promises were Courtney's and my thing. We had always done them for as long as I could remember, and the last time that I pinky promised her couldn't help but flash through my mind as Kam held out her pinky to me, which I just looked at before deciding against it. Those were just for Courtney and me.

"I promise," I said. "Now, tell me where she is."

Kam gulped. "She took her."

"Who took her?" I asked, my heart pounding faster with every second. "Who took her?!"

"Helena Burke," Astoria said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 979 24
In a world gripped by war, where trust is everything, Amelia and Draco learn that in order for their hearts to be full of trust, promises must be kep...
19.9K 467 20
Sequel to 'Trust Me - Draco Malfoy' Jasmine's last year at Hogwarts is going to be a difficult one. With the uprising of Voldemort and the risk of lo...
301K 6.6K 29
have you ever had the feeling that you love someone but its right for you and wrong for everyone else, well this is exactly how Amanda Cliff feels wh...
125K 2.9K 20
After a shocking discovery, Harry's life is thrown upside down. Friends become enemies. "Family" turn into threats. The only salvation he can turn t...