Chapter 28

Draco's POV

"Where do we start?" I asked Alexandra after she ate her breakfast. "I mean, can't go back to Alycia's house for you to be able to try and track her from there. My dad's buddies made that impossible."

"Will you just shut up?" Alexandra shot daggers at me. "I need time to think about this and going back to that house would help whether or not its completely destroyed. So, let's start there but after I finish my orange juice, alright?"

I nodded. "Whatever you want, Alexandra."

She laughed slightly. "Obviously not, but let's go."

I truly felt bad for Alexandra. I knew she was angry at me for something, but I just couldn't put my finger on why exactly. I had a hunch that she wanted more to happen between us since the first night we spent together, but as long as I knew Courtney had breath in her body, I was not about to cheat on her. Hell, probably not even then. Courtney was the only one who held my heart and that would never, ever change. Even in death, she will be the only one for me. As muggles would say, I'm ruined for other women now.

"So, how long do you think it'll take you to find her?" I asked, just trying to make conversation.

She shrugged. "I dunno. If she's made it a point that she doesn't want to be found, which I'm sure she has based on the way she disappeared, then it's gonna be pretty hard to find her. It might take some time, Draco."

"Time isn't on our side though," I shook my head. "We need to find her now."

That's when we heard several screams. Neither of us started running. We figured it was just scouts out looking for witches or wizards that were in hiding. Neither of us had anything to fear. I was a Death Eater, and Alexandra was in my company. We were pretty damn safe. We heard a pop as we turned a corner and saw that it was a group of people getting caught right on the sight that we needed for Alexandra needed to track Courtney. As we neared, I realized that I recognized the two girls and ran over to them.

"Draco!" Astoria yelled from the grasp of a scout.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, looking from her to Kam.

"We've been caught!" Kam yelled, looking kind of scared. "Can you help us?"

"They're criminals, Draco," said one of the scouts. "They said the taboo. They must be taken in. You do understand that, right, sir?"

I shot daggers at him, treating me like I was stupid, eh? "Do I look stupid to you?"

"Draco, leave them alone," Alexandra called from behind me, but I wasn't about to let them take Kam and Astoria. That was not about to happen when they could help me find Courtney.

"No, sir," he shook his head.

"Then look at that girl. Do you know who she is?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "She's a hider."

"Look who's the stupid one now," I chuckled. "She's the Greengrasses' daughter out on a mission. You wouldn't want to upset people who are so close to Him now would you?"

"But what about the other girl?"

"If she was in company with the Greengrass girl, then let her go as well," I ordered. "And leave at once."

Once they were gone I turned to Kam and Astoria, expecting me to be the upset one, but Kam ran up to me and slapped me across the face. I was definitely confused. What was wrong with these two? It seemed almost as if they wanted to be captured by the two. Were they completely mental?

"You ruined everything, Draco!" Kam screamed at me. "We had them right where we wanted them and here you come to save the day. Why couldn't you have waited at least another two minutes?"