My Shadow

By Inflam3s

...I see beauty in everything you do Kimberly Grant... Kimberly was a 18 year old girl, she loves art and se... More

Trailer β™₯ MY Shadow
1. Art Piece
II. Screwed
III. Him
IV. Follow You
V. His Monster....
VI. LIGHTS
VIII. Say Goodbye
IX.Breath
X. Exhale
XI. Never Too Late
XII. WAR
XIII.New Students
XIV.Cut
XV.Insane
XVI.Plan
XVII.End of Prom Night
XVIII. Watch
XIX. Insanity
XX. Clarity
XXI. Cover
XXII.Make this Clear
XXIII. Sit in Front
XXIV. Tag, You're It
XXV. Blank
XXVI. Core
XXVII. Turn Around
XXVIII. We're Not Over
XXIX. Bad Habit
XXX. It's Not Suicide

VII. In This Moment

8K 289 18
By Inflam3s

We suddenly turn when we heard a scream. Not this crap again. Danny grab my hand tighter and walk fast to the exit. Before we can get through the exit the lights went out. The whole place was.

DARKNESS.

Danny let go my hand and put my headband back on my head. By his facial expression, I know something is about to go down. I didn't want to end the night like this, the thought that I was having such a good time just kill my mood. Like whoever it is, I hope they go down peacefully. I was having fun, now this. Danny turns away from me and told me to wait in the car. I told him no. I wasn't going to wait in the car, does he watch the movie. They can take me easily. He just shook his head and told me to keep close.

He was walking towards the screaming, people were running past us. This man drop in front of us, he lifts his head up and his face was bloody, this was a nightmare. This is not how I wanted to spend the rest of my night. "I SEE YOU GOT YOURSELF A GIRL, DAN DAN!" It came from the corner of a ride and laugh came along with it. We stay in one place and look toward where the voice came from. Someone was running away and didn't get too far, they got shot in the back. I cover my mouth and gasped. This is crazy.

The shadow from the corner started to look more realistic and a man turns the corner. My eyes widen and my mouth dropped. I close it back fast and hide behind Danny. "I see you been busy, Chase," Danny said while looking at up at Chase.

"Yes, indeed.  I see your babysitting going well." He laughed and came closer to us.

"What do you want to Chase?"

"Nothing, Dan Dan, I just wanted to see where you were." Chase was now in front us, he looks at me from behind Danny and smile. "Look like you guys had a fun time."

"Why are you killing people?" Danny sounded angry and annoyed.

Chase look at Danny in the face. "I was interrupted and that dude right there.." He pointed to the guy on the ground. "Try to rob me with his little friend over there. It looks like it was time to leave anyway, so I close it down early for them." Chase went back to look at me. "Hello, Kim, we meet again." I just gave him a fake smile. He suddenly grabs me by the arm and held me in front of him. I felt something from the back of the head, Danny's face was in shock. What is it?

"You wanted her dead right, DAN DAN. This is the best time to, so you don't have to watch her no more." His words put a thrill to my body, I suddenly started to shake. This can't be happening.

"I don't want her dead." Danny looks at me with a poker face. "Let her go, Chase."

"I see.. someone catch feelings. This is GREAT!" He laughed and put away his gun. "tsk tsk. Dan, I thought you gave up on love." LOVE. What is this guy talking about? He turns around and put his hand on my chin. " I can't blame him, you are an angel. A monster and an angel. This is a beautiful story."

I was quite the whole time. I couldn't say anything, this wasn't my fight, and I don't even know what this guy is talking about.  "See you tomorrow Dan Dan and goodnight Kim."

"Goodbye Chase," Danny said and grab my hand and walk to the exit. "Are you okay?" Danny looks down at me with worried eyes.

"Yeah, am fine, Thanks," I told him. Once we were in the car, things were quiet. Like it was quite normal like that earlier didn't happen. The drive to my house was silent. He kept his eye on the road the whole time. I keep looking at him and thinking about the kiss. Did he do that by accident or was it just at the moment? I couldn't choose, but I hope he might it. I don't know, why but I hope so. He parked in front of my house and I turn to him and he leans over and his my cheeks. "Good night, Kimie." I felt the warmth, "Goodnight to you too, Danny." I smile at him and got out of the car. He watches me open my front door, to make sure that I enter safely.

I shut the door behind me and lean on the door. I took a deep breathe and exhale. Tonight was crazy, today was good all together, just take away Chase. Something is wrong with that man, his art amazing, but his mind in the logo world. I ran up the stairs to my room and took out my phone. I saw a missed call from Edlinenny. It was 11 pm, but this girl doesn't sleep, so I call her back.

"Where have you been a girl? I've been calling and texting you."

"Went to the amusement park."

"With who? You can't tell me alone, that would be a plain lie."

"With someone."

"Who is that someone?"

"Danny, the guy that was looking at me at the mall."

"Girl. Seriously?" She sounded very shock. "How was it?"

"It was fun. We had a great time."

"I see your work girl. I'm tired so see you tomorrow at school."

'Yeah school. Nite." I hang up the phone and started my night routine.

*************************************************************

Danny Pov

I invite you to a world where there is no such thing as LOVE.

I'm ready to start this Monday piss. The thought of Kimberly kept me calm for one second, but not for long. Today am raging more of anger. That lunatic move Chase pull last night wasn't funny. That just made me realize, I have something for Kimberly, but the words from his mouth make me try to forget.

"I see.. someone catch feelings. This is GREAT!" He laughed and put away his gun. "tsk tsk. Dan, I thought you gave up on love." " I can't blame him, you are an angel. A monster and an angel. This is a beautiful story."

A monster I surely was. I shake the thought out my head and got myself ready. All I can feel was a rage of anger. I was now getting more irritated when I finally got to my car. Time to meet with this motherf**king. I got in my car and the closer I got to the place the more I just was to drive straight in it and burn it down. Chase has some explaining to do because I don't deal with idiots. He sure acts like one last night. I got to the place and I  parked my car. I open the door and slowly got out of the car. I look up at the place. It was an old house, it was Chase's mother's house. Chase live her for now, so he can watch over her house for her until she came back from where ever she was.

I was going to knock back, but that wouldn't be me. I kicked open the door and yell, "Anyone home?!" No one answer so I walked up the stairs and I sat on the stairs handle. I light up a smoke.

I started to hear someone downstairs and I looked down while exhaling the smokes. There in his sweats was Chase. Our eyes never disconnect for the first two min. I can say, a little calm now, sitting here for a while relax me. I lower my head and went through my hair and got up off the railing. I walked down to Chase. He looks at me and just says nothing. We didn't speak for a while. I started to circle around him and just laughed. He looks funny in sweats to let me tell you that and he smiles and shook his head.

"Why are you here Dan Dan?" I stopped in my place and just stood there and lift my head up to his face.

"Just passing by to say hi."

"That doesn't sound like you, so why the hell you really here?"

"Oh true. What the f**k was yesterday all about?"

"Nothing just wanted to go get sweetie pop and I saw you two having a couple of time." He laughed and winked at me.

"There's nothing between us. I don't see what you are talking about."

"Danny I saw the way you look at her. You like her. The moment I put the gun to her you were ready to kill me."

"I was not." I started to get annoyed to the fact he was telling the truth. I don't want to admit it, but I shouldn't fall for her.

"Let go of your pass Danny. We all know you killed her and we understand."

Yes, guys, I killed my ex, she was annoying and I couldn't take it anymore. Short temper much, I might say. "I know, but am not with her or do I have feelings for her. There is no place for love."

He turns to me and hold my face with both hands and look me in the eyes and smirk. "There is always a place for love, your demons would be silenced by it."

"Is that how you keep relaxing? Chase you know I'm not like you."

"I know, you're a hard cookie and talking about cookies, you want any?" I shook my head and he let go of my face. He started to walk toward the kitchen and I follow from behind. Chase grab some cookies and sat down and started to eat them.

"You know you have a cookie problem Chase?" He laughed and shook his head. He does, this guy has ten boxes in the kitchen of different types of cookies. How am I friends with this guy again? I sat down next to him and he handed me a paper with an address. "What is this?"

"Your next kill, we want him out. I was going to do it, but tomorrow my mother is coming back. You know my mother." I nodded and put the paper in my pocket.  I got up and walk to the door, I turn around and nodded to Chase, a sign that I'm leaving. I should pay a little visit to this chick.  I need to understand what's happening to me. They say sometimes the curiosity can kill the soul.....but my soul left my body a long time ago and every ounce of innocence is left behind.

********************************************************************

I stopped in front of the school and watched as the children pass by my car. I took off my suit jacket and put on a sweat jacket instead. I open the door and got out. I started to look around for her and no sight of her. I started to move away from my car and started to look around for her. It was weird, something doesn't feel right. Everyone was leaving, so the school was empty now. Still no sight of Kimberly. Something told me to look in the back alley, of this place. I saw a girl there standing by herself. I got a little closer and it was her. She was crying, I walked a little faster.

I got close enough to face her and she was looking down crying. "Why you crying?" I asked her and lift her head up to look at me. The tears drop down my hands. Her eyes were full of sadness.

"I painted a painting and someone pushes me hard on to it and it broke in two. I love that painting and it was a drawing of my aunt. She was there for me through a lot of things............she passes away." I look at her shirt and she wasn't lying someone did push her, her clothes were covered in paint. I was getting mad, I look back at her and she was falling apart in front of me. I got close to her and hug her. I slowly went through her hair, she straighten it today and it really soft. I hugged her and she hugs me back, we were in peace. I close my eyes and open a few times to look down at her.

"Take me high and I'll sing

Oh you make everything okay
We are one and the same
Oh you take all of the pain away"

When I close my eyes all I felt was warmth. My demons were at peace and some were going insane. Kimberly is starting to kill me inside, she doesn't even know it. I open my eyes and started to walk forward slowly while she still wraps around me. Step by step slowly walking to the car. Her soul was so innocent. I was just darkness. We finally got to the car and I put her in. I went to my side and when I got inside and turn towards her she was asleep. I look at Kimberly and I was deep in thoughts. She was at peace in her sleep. I lean over and whisper in her ears:

"I will not bow

I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall
I will not fade
I will take your breath away"

I started the car and drove off to her house. I need to drop her off and make her rest. I got to her house and she woke up. She stared at me and smile. "Thank you." She smiles and open the door and went inside her house. What is happening to me? A place of peace is found with her, but this isn't right.....now....my insides hurt. I put my hand on my chest and the pain was unbelievable. It was driving me nuts. I was a trap in this body and my monster is not going to give up.

I drunk some water and I need to get home. My body was reacting to something I never felt before. Is this what they call peace, sh*t it hurts. It was a terrible feeling. The feeling of sadness can drive you insane. You will go 'mad' and when you do, you're mad for life.

Time to really get home. I drove through traffic and went on the highway. Finally, I was at home. I let out air and breathe slowly. I open my door and  I dropped to the floor. What is happening to me?  I hold on to the wall, and try to get up. I was weak right now, Danny this isn't you,  get up. I  got up and head to my bedroom and I took off my clothes and head in the shower. The water was so hot, walking in the shower burn my skin a little. I was used to it, it was nice.

I turn off the water and put on my joggers, white shirt, and a sweater, and dry my hair. I walked down to the kitchen and got myself some food. I went to the dining room and sat around the table by myself. It was lonely, but it didn't bother me until now. I heard someone and I looked up.

It was my butler, Sebastian. He bowed at me and I nodded back. He walked off and I continue eating. Today just have my head spinning. I look at the paper Chase gave me earlier and the address, this place was two hours away. I need to get some rest for tomorrow. Try to rest also to get today off my mind just a little. This feeling is death to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 660 52
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
235K 10.7K 103
[Highest ranking:#238 in romance,#407 in death] A hostage without chains. That was the weight of the crowns we all had to bear. We were prisoners to...
666K 40K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
2.2M 54.4K 48
"I'm fine," I state rather bluntly. "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." He chuckles, and damn does he. His voice is dessert for the ears, his...