Blood Family

By LexTheAuthor

"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a fami... More

Before you read/ Family Tree
Chapter One : Matrimony
Chapter Two : Propostion
Chapter Three : Chance Encounters
Chapter Four : Switching It Up
Chapter Five : Out of Line
Chapter Six : Pawns
Chapter Seven : Loosing Your Head
Chapter Eight : All This Love
Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence
Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves
Chapter Eleven : Alvin
Chapter Twelve : Insulting
Chapter Thirteen : Grimy
Chapter Fourteen : Nice & Slow
Chapter Fifteen : Old & New
Chapter Sixteen : Christmas Eve
Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating
Chapter Eighteen : Fireworks
Chapter Ninteen : Look What You've Done
Chapter Twenty : Drugs R Us
Chapter Twenty One : Bygones Be Bygones
Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light
Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever
Chapter Twenty Four : Exchange
Chapter Twenty Five : Come See Me
Chapter Twenty Six : Burning
Chapter Twenty Eight : Savage
Chapter Twenty Nine : 5-O
Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear
Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional
Chapter Thirty Two : Ironic
Chapter Thirty Three : Growth
Chapter Thirty Four : Resentment
Chapter Thirty Five : California Love
Chapter Thirty Six : Cause & Effect
Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off
Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care
Chapter Thirty Nine : Well Done
Chapter forty : No Mercy
Chapter Forty One : Brotherhood
Chapter Forty Two : Too Close
Chapter Forty Three : Blood Line Part One
Chapter Forty Four : Blood Line Part Two
Epligoue

Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems

130K 2.8K 9K
By LexTheAuthor

Ajani Turner

My eyes slowly opened and I sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room. It took my awhile to realize I was at the new house and the fact that my bedroom was practically empty minus the new bed and the flat screen. Pushing the covers off of myself I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face to wake myself up.

After awhile I ventured downstairs while pulling my hair up. I heard Kaine's voice as he talked lowly to Aaron and when I came around the corner they both looked up at me. I walked over and hugged Aaron tightly before even acknowledging Kaine.

"Happy birthday, I love you" I said causing him to laugh before returning the I love you. When I let go of him I noticed he was holding the gift Kaine had given to him and he excused himself before leaving out of the kitchen.

Kaine grabbed my arm and pulled me down on to his lap and I wondered when he'd even gotten home. Judging by the plain t shirt he wore, the gray shorts and the bags under his eyes he hadn't been awake for that long either.

"I'm so hungry, I fell asleep before I could eat" I half laughed covering my face. I looked up at Knox who was dabbing in the high chair while eating his fruit. Kaine remained silent as he kissed my neck silently telling me to relax.

"I'm here now, there's a lot we need to talk about" Kaine said kissing my shoulder attempting to butter me up. He tapped his leg slowly and I picked up his glass of water and took a few sips from it.

"Why are you acting like how you use to act when you'd like a girls picture on Instagram because you figured I'd be mad? Just tell me what's going on, is Moriah okay?" I questioned and Kaine nodded.

"I'm thinking about faking my death in the near future it's too hot to do it now without that detective or the Feds catching on but eventually. I don't want any traces, we moved out of the city and for the most part nobody except our inner circle knows where we stay" he explained and I was silent for a moment.

"I think you should wait and really think about this because it's a big decision and you'd be giving up a lot. Bwoy, let's make that plan B okay?" I questioned and he nodded as I leaned down and pressed my lips to his and hugged him tightly while he fake groaned.

Kaine opened the bag of breakfast he'd picked up and I grabbed the first container and opened it up revealing the bacon causing me to frown and pass it to Kaine as I moved from his lap and occupied the chair next to him so he had room to eat.

The next container I opened had French toast and I immediately picked up a piece and bit it before giving the half that remained in my hand to Knox who had begun reaching for it.

Kaine's phone started ringing and an unknown number flashed on the screen. He looked down at it before he ignored the call and grabbed a fork from the bag.

I watched Knox bite into his pancake and start bobbing his head like he was drunk. When I nudged Kaine and pointed it out he began to laugh wondering what the fuck was up with him this morning.

"Sometimes the food be that good and you just feel so good about yourself" Kaine stated. When Knox noticed us watching him he began to laugh with a bunch of food in his mouth.

Knox eventually stopped and returned to the movie he was watching on Kaine's iPad. I was beginning to relax and enjoying the peace and quiet until I heard a really loud engine like a bike or something and when I looked at Kaine he looked down at his plate.

I stood up and walked towards the front of the house maneuvering around boxes that needed to be unpacked. When I got to the front I noticed Johan sitting on a four wheeler as Angelo was pushing a second one out of the garage.

"What is he doing?" I questioned Kaine who eventually joined me carrying Knox on his hip. My husband tried to play it off by shrugging his shoulders until he noticed the deadly glare he was receiving.

"I bought four wheelers and they're testing them out. I talked to people and it's cool it's just certain times we can't be on them" he explained and I took his word for it watching as Johan pulled off on the four wheeler going fast and Angelo eventually followed.

Someone knocked on the door and when I opened it I was a little surprised to see Saint who was glued to his phone. I cleared my throat and he finally looked at me before he giggled a little only to stop when he saw Kaine.

"Is Aaron here? I wanna show him the Pokemon I caught up the street" he said and Kaine called for Aaron who came running down the stairs a few moments later.

"There's a Pokemon in the neighbors backyard!" Aaron said running out the door and Saint chased after him questioning him about it.

"They're playing Pokemon go, Aaron finally made a friend that shares the same interests as him" I said glancing at Kaine who seemed a little happy about it but he was trying to play it off and act cool.

"Is he coming to this sleepover he's having tonight?" Kaine questioned and I nodded. Aaron had invited Peyton and Erin as well because he trusted them the most and he wanted to keep things small.

Kaine stepped outside with Knox to look at the four wheelers while I closed the front door and went upstairs and took a shower. By the time I got dressed and came back downstairs Kyle and Khan were standing on my front steps.

"Are you ready to go gyal? We need to talk" Khan said and I raised an eyebrow. I came out of the house and followed him to a car before getting inside.

Khan was catching me up on what had happened and how I might have to come home sooner than I wanted to. We drove to a meeting with this Lieutenant that looked the other way about some of the stuff that happened for a large sum of money.

The guy was an overweight creep that I didn't trust and couldn't wait for him to die. I ignored the argument that was going between Khan and Kyle about what the best plan of action would be but I knew if I didn't let them argue they'd just react passive aggressively the rest of the day.

When we arrived to the building one of the police officers on our pay roll seemed remorseful and telling me it wasn't his idea as we walked inside. Kyle pushed him away from me and when we got on to the elevator I folded my arms.

"Who wants to bet he's going to break off this business deal and attempt to turn on us? He's already been warned and there's someone to take his place" I stated and Khan tilted his head some but remained silent and handed me a knife.

As we walked inside the Lieutenant stood in the empty hallway holding an envelope and he looked like he was about to take joy in whatever was about to happen.

"Don't bother walking any further, you can have this" he said extending it to me. I just stare at it until Khan snatched it from his hands and looked it over.

"You want to keep this business arrangement going than I want more money, or else I'll be forced to do my job and clean up the drugs on these streets" he smiled and I nodded my head.

"You know what happens when you become greedy? I'm not giving you anymore" I stated calmly and he grew angry.

"Well then I'll be forced to stop looking the other way. You know how many people want to be in this situation? How many drug dealers that are rotting away in prison and you wanna take all of that for granted? Forking over an extra million dollars won't put a dent in your pocket" he said looking me over.

"But than again I might consider looking the other way just this once. I'm sure there's other ways you can make this up to me" he said biting his lip and I nodded my head before glancing at Kyle who grew a smirk on his face.

Opening the knife up I stabbed him in the neck before yanking it out quickly and he stumbled some attempting to grab on to me. Kyle knocked him off of his feet and snatched the knife from me, closing it and pocketing it.

A pool of blood formed soon and I rolled my eyes and walked away. Kyle stared at him whereas Khan continued to read.

"Gyal he was a traitor anyway, he was going to do business with the enemy" Khan informed me. We left his body there figuring it was a waste to move it, I wouldn't him to be found and there was nothing to hide from.

"The battymon was a waste of space, that's five minutes of my life I'll never get back" I responded.

"And at least you got to spend those minutes with me" Kyle flirted to be an ass. I ignored him the rest of the way out of the building because if I didn't he would've gotten punched in the nuts.

"I didn't mean to come between you and Yoli" Khan commented and I shrugged. I wasn't mad at anything I was over it all because it was irrelevant and we had actual important shit to worry about.

"It was bound to happen eventually, I still care for her but I'm keeping my distance" I stated. Kyle attempted to touch the side of my face and slapped his hand away and stared at him in annoyance.

"Don't touch me, ever" I said sternly before Khan pulled out a gun on his brother forcing him to keep his hands were he could see them and that lasted the entire car ride. Kyle kept his usual smirk on his face but didn't dare move his hands because he knew Khan would shoot him.

"I was just playing gyal, you know I'd never hurt you" Kyle said sarcastically and I didn't bother looking at him.

"You wanna play? Go play in traffic with your eyes closed, bwoy I hear it's fun" I responded and he smacked his teeth.

They dropped me back off at my place as if nothing happened and Khan kept the file with him. He rolled the window down before I could walk towards the front and I paused and glanced over my shoulder at him.

"Consider coming home a little earlier than expected Jani" Khan called before the car pulled off. Kaine came riding up the street on a four wheeler without a helmet and I shook my head as he slowed down and looked at me.

"Where did you go?" He questioned and I gave him a look signaling we'd talk about it later. I took the helmet that Angelo was standing to the side holding and gave it to Kaine who smacked his teeth.

"Nothing is going to happen. You know how long I been riding on these?" He asked as he looked at the helmet in his hands.

"Bwoy that means nothing, all it takes is a likkle slip up and then what? You do realize bullets aren't the only thing that can kill you, right?" I questioned and Kaine squinted his eyes at me.

He placed the helmet on his head with an attitude before pulling off and hauling ass down the street. I shook my head and glanced at Knox who was holding his sippy cup and standing by Aaron growing excited while watching his fadda.

-

"This shit looks like something out of a horror movie, like if you make the wrong move an axe murderer will come out of nowhere and take you out" Angelo commented before he glanced at Johan and took a discrete step away from him causing Johan to smack his teeth.

"I'm not an axe murderer" he said and Angelo and I both stared at him for awhile before we laughed not taking him serious.

They both looked around the basement that had it's own bedroom that I'd more than likely convert into a guest room or something. When we went back upstairs Aaron's friend Saint was sitting in the living room while the news played on the TV.

They were reporting about the murder from earlier and the Lieutenant's wife was on the screen crying and asking for justice to be served. I folded my arms and walked away causing Johan to do an evil smile and follow me.

"I did her a favor, he was scum. She might as well enjoy those insurance checks and go on a nice vacation" I said more to myself than to them and they began to laugh.

Knox came into the kitchen holding my ringing phone and held it up to me. I took it from him before looking at the unknown number and answering reluctantly. Johan lifted Knox up and sat him on the counter as I accepted the charges.

"You called for Kaine right? He's not home" I said in a dull tone realizing it was Harlem. He was silent for awhile and if it wasn't for him breathing I would've figured the call was disconnected.

"Can you call him or let Angelo know that I need to see them, it's an emergency" Harlem admitted and I told him to hold on a second before handing the phone to Angelo.

"Hello?" He questioned before his facial expression went from normal to annoyed. He walked out of the kitchen and I turned my attention to Knox who was giggling at whatever Johan was saying to him.

"I'm going to need you to stop corrupting my child. The next time he says hoe in public he's getting spanked" I said and Johan smirked and pressed his forehead against Knox's.

"Bwoy that's not good, don't say it, promise" Johan said extending his pinky. And Knox shook it with his hand before wanting to get down.

Aaron walked into the kitchen dressed and in a good mood. He place a hat over his head and opened the fridge grabbing out a Gatorade.

"I'm going to go hang out with Moses" Aaron said and I nodded. I decided to wait to give him his gift because it didn't really seem like the right moment.

The front door opened and slammed closed and Kaine came walking into the kitchen a few moments later bleeding from a scrape on his arm. He avoided looking at me as he went to the sink and attempted to clean the blood off ignoring the scrape on his knee.

"I swerved when a dog came running into the road and the shit flipped over. I jumped off before it fell on top of me but still fell and scraped myself on the concrete" Kaine said feeling my eyes gazing into the back of his head.

"You put the bike up?" Johan questioned and Kaine shook his head no. Johan left out to go get it as Kaine glanced down at Knox who was pointing at the blood trickling down his knee.

"Papà look" he said sadly and Kaine laughed it off. Angelo eventually returned with my phone and shook his head before looking at Kaine.

"We need to go and see Harlem today, it can't be put off" he demanded and Kaine looked over his shoulder at him before sighing.

"We can go just let me clean up first, I just ate fucking pavement. I'm happy as fuck for that helmet because that shit could've been horrible. Good looking out baby" Kaine said and I smiled.

He turned the sink off and as he walked passed he leaned down over and kissed my cheek before going upstairs to get dressed.

Someone honked from outside and Aaron left out leaving Knox and Angelo and I in the kitchen. Lo glanced at Knox who was already staring at him and he pretended to be mad by looking away.

"We not cool no more Knox, you a snitch and I don't even fuck with snitches" Angelo said and I rolled my eyes.

Knox hugged my leg and continued to stare at Angelo with an uninterested look like he didn't care. When he walked over and extended his arms to pick him up my son hesitated before going to him and they continued to mug each other until Lo pulled out some M&Ms.

"Let's call a truce, I forgive you" Angelo said and Knox continued to look at him. They walked around the kitchen and he kept asking him stuff.

When Kemba came into the kitchen he gave Angelo a look signaling he wanted to talk to me alone and so he and Knox left out.

I glanced at my sons guard wondering what it is what he wanted but he was silent for a moment and just stood there like something was on his mind.

"You know I have feelings for you, so why didn't you send me back?" He questioned and I raised an eyebrow wondering what he was getting at.

"Because you know I don't feel the same way. Your job is to protect Knox, bwoy can you not do that anymore?" I questioned and he was silent as he chuckled and looked elsewhere.

"I can still do that, you know I can. I'm sorry for taking up your time this was shameful" Kemba explained and I stopped him.

"You're in New York surrounded by beautiful women and the island has beautiful women. I want everyone to be happy because when you're happy you do your job better. You came here for a reason, don't forget that" I stated and he nodded.

Kaine came into the kitchen as he was leaving out and looked at me. He walked over and grabbed his keys from off of the counter before he licked his lips.

"You got a staring problem?" He questioned looking me over like he wanted to fight and I rolled my eyes extra hard before walking over to him.

Kaine stuck his tongue into my mouth as I kissed him and I laughed pulling back when I heard someone coming. When his phone rung he looked at the caller ID before he furrowed his eyebrows and his finger hovered over the screen.

"That's your side chick or something" I questioned sarcastically as I kissed his cheek. He ignored the call before he looked at me.

"Keep giving up that pussy and you'll never have to worry about me getting a side chick" he said dryly and I punched him.

"You're not even funny, get out" I said pointing towards the arch in the opening of the kitchen and he smiled before walking out.

"I love you!" He called but I gave him the silent treatment since he wanted to be childish. My phone lit up and I answered it wondering why my doctors office was calling.

"Hello?" I questioned and my doctor greeted me which freaked me out a little bit considering I went to see her a day ago.

"I was wondering if you could come in tomorrow afternoon. I saw something that caught my attention and I want to confirm if it's what I think it is" she explained and I slowly sat down.

"Is there something wrong with my baby?" I questioned trying to slow my breathing before I started to panic and overthink.

"No, it's not that. It's just- do twins run in your family? Like what about your mom or a grandma perhaps?" She asked and I froze and stared straight ahead.

"I don't think so?" I responded quietly. I listened to her talk wondering if maybe she made a mistake or if twins ran on Kaine's side because my mom never mentioned anything about any twins, I wasn't expecting this.

I placed my hand over my stomach already picturing Kaine fainting at this possible news.

Aaron Turner

"You sure you like those? The red and the black ones look fly, you know you can get both" Moses said and I glanced at the white shoe I was holding in my hand before sitting down on a bench inside the store. The shoe salesmen went to go fetch the other shoes as I tried on the white Giuseppe sneaker before my eyes landed on the brown leather ones with a zipper on the side.

Moses sat down next to me and I looked around finding it weird I was shopping at Saks. I'd never actually been in here before but when Kaine and I were younger Josline would meet men here and leave us alone to window shop.

When the clerk return he allowed me to try on the other two sneakers and stood by while I made a hard decision. Moses surprised me by pulling out his black card and allowed me to get all three once he for sure knew I liked them.

"Thank you" I said quickly and he ignored me as the salesmen carried them to the front. I stood back some and looked around as Moses paid and signed his receipt. When we left the store he smacked his teeth and stopped dead in his tracks as a man approached and flashed his badge at us.

"Wow, how much did you spend in there? You're eighteen and you drive a nice and expensive car and stay in a penthouse, you can't honestly think that's not out of the ordinary. We know who your father is Moses, so why do you keep avoiding us?" The man questioned before he turned his attention to me.

Moses stepped around him and popped his trunk sitting the bags into the back and remaining quiet. The cop looked me over and I took a single step back watching as his eyes followed me and he grew a smirk on his face.

"You look like a smart young man, you need to surround yourself with better influences or you'll get dragged down with them" he said as Moses grabbed my arm and pulled me to the car. I walked to the other side and got into the car as Moses exchanged a few words with the cop.

"I'm pressing charges, you're harassing me. If I'm not the suspect in a case then you have no reason to stalk me and as a matter of fact there goes a group of teenagers going into Saks you're going to go and harass them to, yeah?" Moses questioned after he opened the car door.

The cop remained silent before going into the store to question them as well I assumed. Moses got into the car and started it up as he opened his glove compartment revealing a gun and I moved further back into my seat.

"Thank you for taking me out, I like my gifts" I said again trying to distract him and he glanced at me and smirked to himself.

"That's not my actual gift to you yet. You have to wait" Moses laughed and I glanced at him growing shocked, I thought the shoes were it because they were already expensive.

"Just as long as it's not too expensive, I have to match up to you on your birthday" I said glancing at him and he kept a smirk on his face not saying anything. I touched his shoulder to get his attention as he focused on the road.

"Its not expensive, it's more meaningful so you just gotta wait" Moses explained and I calmed down some wondering where he was driving to. He licked his lips and turned his radio on so I wouldn't ask anymore questions.

I finally got annoyed and turned the radio off and he glanced at me briefly. I looked in his backseat and noticed it was a mess and not clean how he normally kept it. There was a McDonald's bag and clothes tossed into the backseat.

"I'm having a sleepover tonight, are you coming?" I questioned. Moses turned the radio back on ignoring my question and I sighed and looked out the window deciding that I could be silent too if he wanted to ignore me.

After awhile we came to this building and Moses parked. It looked like a rougher area, one that I grew up in so I wondered why we were here. Moses took his seatbelt off and stared straight ahead avoiding my gaze.

"Stay in the car Aaron" he said before opening the door. A few kids seemed excited to see him and they rushed over causing Moses to pull out his wallet and give each kid some money.

I turned my head and watched him go into the building after taking the keys out of the car and pressing the alarm. Hearing something beep I glanced in the cup holder and spotted his phone that had lit up with a new text message.

I felt like Peyton and Erin would force me to look at it but I wasn't going to invade his privacy and because relationships are suppose to be built on trust.

Moses' phone kept lighting up and someone was sending him long messages making the urge to look over harder. Deciding to distract myself I reached into the backseat looking for the manga I'd left behind the week before.

What caught me off guard was the condom wrapper that fell out of the blanket and on to the floor. I slowly turned back around in my seat after grabbing the book and I held it in my lap trying to slow the beating of my heart down.

Moses came out a few moments later with a black duffle bag draped in his shoulder. He opened the backseat first and sat the bag down on the ground pushing it under the seat before he preceded to clean up in the back some grabbing the bags and throwing them away.

When he finally did get back into the car he didn't say anything to me he just picked up his phone and unlocked it. I watched him scroll some with his finger before he began typing quickly while trying to put his seatbelt on.

"Has anyone been in your backseat lately? It's kinda messy, so I figured maybe Deejay was back there" I said knowing his friend always makes messes.

"I don't think" Moses responded and I nodded slowly. When I looked back into the backseat the condom wrapper was no longer on the floor and the only thing still back there was the clothes that still had tags on them.

We drove for a little while before stopping at a second destination. His phone rung and he answered it while getting out of the car. He grabbed the bag out and headed inside and I remained completely still.

I pulled out my phone and responded to a text from Saint who was bragging about the Pokemon he'd caught in his house. I wasn't really in the mood to play at the moment and I didn't know if I really wanted to develop a friendship with him if he was going to turn around and freak out if he knew I had a boyfriend.

Moses came out of the building with a girl who I'd seen on Instagram before. She was really popular and a lot of guys were always reposting her.

"Ron do you mind getting into the backseat, please" Moses asked and I obliged keeping a normal facial expression.

When he did start driving again she glanced in the backseat at me and stared so I stared back wondering what she wanted.

"Are you guys brothers or friends?" She questioned Moses turning back around in her seat as she dug around in her purse.

"Friends" Moses responded as he made a left and she nodded approvingly. I scrolled endlessly through my phone half listening to their conversation and half in my own world.

"So, I let you have your week off to attend your mother's funeral and grieve but now it's time to get back on schedule. I need attention, like where were you last night? When I call you come" The girl ordered rubbing the side of Moses' face and he chuckled.

"Swear down? I didn't know that was the agreement, I thought I was just babysitting you, yeah?" Moses questioned and she rolled her eyes and checked her makeup.

"I make the rules and you follow them so the next time I call you should pick up or I won't let you fuck me again" she said boldly and he stopped the car.

"Don't say that again, that happened a long time ago" Moses said sounding agitated and I glanced up at them as they stared at each other like they were arguing with their eyes.

"Why are you getting an attitude, you usually laugh it off. Whatever" she groaned. I leaned forward and extended my arm some which caught them both off guard.

"There was a Pokemon on the windshield, sorry" I said awkwardly as I sat back. Moses made a face as he glanced at me before he slowly turned back in his seat and drove off again.

"So you're going to Deejays party tonight, he told me you said you were going so don't even try and deny it. I wanna go too" She demanded and Moses laughed to himself and shook his head.

She continued talking and I still didn't know her name or how they knew each other. When we got to the third stop she got out of the car and shut he door. Moses found a parking spot before turning the car off and I looked at the store she was going into.

"Her mother is giving me information on my father and in return I gotta drive her around because she got her license suspended. It's nothing sexual or romantic going on" Moses explained without turning to look at me.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me because we're friends so it's not my business what you do. My feelings aren't hurt if that's what you think" I said quietly.

"Ron I know you, you'll act like everything is cool and then cry when you're alone" Moses responded and I frowned.

"No, I'm not. I don't care and I mean it" I said playing with my phone case. Moses took his seatbelt off and climbed into the backseat with me bumping his shoulder to mine in the process and I sighed pushing him over some.

"Look I've been planning Deejay's birthday party since before we even met back up. That's like my brother and he doesn't have a family, I'm all he's got really and I'm not going to leave him hanging. We can do something tomorrow night or Sunday" He suggested and I shrugged.

"I don't really want to do anything, there's nothing that really interests me" I responded honestly. Moses climbed back into the drivers seat with an attitude and I ignored him not really feeling like arguing over something dumb.

"Bet. I won't ask you anything else fam, you're annoying" he said and I gave him a thumbs up listening to him mumble under his breath.

"You're annoying" I groaned opening the car door and getting out. I slammed the car door shut and he rolled the windows down.

"I'm not chasing behind you, you leave and I'm driving off as soon as she comes back fam" he said and I shrugged moving on with the small crowed of people going in the opposite direction.

I went into a sushi place wanting to try it and the man at the front escorted me to an empty table and gave me a menu. When I told him it was my first time he explained a few things to me before sitting two sets of chopsticks on the table and taking my drink order.

I felt a presence behind me but didn't bother looking as I opened my menu. Moses slowly sat down across from me with an attitude as he looked around.

"You must like nasty food, yeah? Sushi isn't good" He said attempting to discourage me. I ignored him and pulled out my phone using Google to figure out what on the menu tasted good.

When the waiter returned he sat down my fruit punch and a glass of water in case I needed it and I thanked him. Before I could grab my fruit punch Moses picked it up and aggressively opened my straw and placed it into it before taking a sip.

"When I was looking for a manga in the backseat I found a condom wrapper" I admit looking up at him. Moses seemed weirded out by the realization as he continued to sip on the drink.

"I didn't fuck anybody in my backseat, you think I'd do that to you?" Moses questioned and I shrugged. We sat in silence for awhile before sushi was brought to the table and sat down, I grew excited and picked up my chop sticks as I looked over everything.

"That's Wasabi and that's soy sauce. That next to you is ginger, I recommend eating a little after every bite you eat" Moses explained as he propped his head up with his fist and watched me intently with a devilish smirk on his face.

"Is Wasabi good? What does it taste like?"'I questioned and Moses remained silent as he stared at me.

"It's good" he said and I paused wondering if he was lying. I used my chopsticks to pick up a spicy tuna roll and dipped it into soy sauce before placing it all into my mouth.

"You probably should've ate that with the sauce that came with the dish" Moses said as he pointed towards a sauce. I chewed slowly not wanting him to see that I didn't like it and so I swallowed.

"I like it like that" I mumbled and he nodded his head and gave me a thumbs up as he moved my fruit punch near me but I declined and drunk water.

"Let me help you out, you're doing it wrong. This is a California roll, it don't get no more basic than this" Moses sighed picking up the second set chopsticks. I watched him as he used them and dipped it into some sauce.

He surprised me by extending his arm out and I looked around. There was some white girls that were watching us finding the situation cute.

I allowed Moses to feed me and I chewed slowly finding it better than the last thing I tasted but it still wasn't anything good and I didn't want to finish eating it but when I did swallow it Moses picked up another sushi roll but ate it himself.

"That's a tiger roll you probably wouldn't like it" he said In between chewing and I stared at him before using my chopsticks to pick it up.

"You don't know what I like" I mumbled and he made a face as I ate it. I chewed slowly before setting the chopsticks down officially done eating.

"You still got two more dishes to try, let's do the rainbow roll" he suggested and I shook my head no having a hard time digesting what was in my mouth.

"Sushi isn't for me, I give up. I'm leaving" I said pulling out my wallet and Moses looked down at his lap.

"So you're going to leave me like my daddy?" He questioned attempting to guilt trip me and I looked away and laughed.

Before I could respond the girl who he was driving around earlier entered. She took the seat next to him across from me and looked at the dishes on the table.

"You're really handsome, you could model. Only thing is you're just short" She complimented and I shrugged not knowing how I'm suppose to respond to that.

"Okay but anyway, about this party tonight. I want to go, a lot of people are going and I'm not going to be the only one left out" The girl stressed again.

"Damn Maya calm down and stop nagging me. You wanna go to the party, yeah? Cool you can go" Moses responded giving in. She gasped and hugged him tightly before looking at the time on her watch.

"Okay, I need to get my nails done and buy a new outfit preferably something to match the shoes I just bought" Maya ranted standing up.

"Let's go Moses, hurry up" she demanded as she walked away. Moses slowly stood up seeming annoyed out of his mind.

"I gotta go and I know you aren't going to want to tag along. Julez is outside and I'll let him know what's up" Moses said pulling out his wallet attempting to pay.

"I can pay for it myself, I have money" I remind and he ignored me tossing money onto the table before leaving out. I watched him from the window as he walked passed attempting to catch up to Maya and when he did he grabbed her arm stopping her as they left out of view.

I slowly took a sip of the fruit punch wondering if what I felt was a healthy feeling or not.

-

Everyone stood around and sung happy birthday to me as I remained still not knowing what to do at all. Sixteen candles were on the cake and I couldn't help but smile at another year that I'd grown older, I knew I didn't get a car because I didn't want one yet and because I didn't have the want to get my license in the near future.

When the song was over Kaine nudged my arm and I closed my eyes making a wish before blowing the candles out. Ajani made everyone clap and they did being afraid of her, she brushed by me grabbing a bunch of plates as I began to remove the candles.

"Aaron you're getting so big" Peyton cheese hugging me tightly and I made a face as I looked at her like she was crazy.

"We haven't even known each other for that long and I look exactly the same" I laughed causing her to roll her eyes and give me a fake sad look. Erin hugged me after seeming like she was in a good mood and once the cake was cut I got the biggest piece, the one Johan and Angelo were fighting over.

"Saint do you want some cake?" Ajani questioned offering him some as he ate a hot wing from the pizza place we'd ordered from and he shook his head no.

"I don't like frosting, it makes me feel funny. I'll take some ice cream though, the strawberry kind" He said as he wiped his mouth off and she agreed scooping him ice cream into a bowl.

After awhile she allowed us to go into the living room after we promised we wouldn't make a mess. Peyton grew paranoid so we all ended up sitting on the ground so she wouldn't drop anything on the couch.

"Wow, your new house is so nice and it's so weird seeing you in night clothes" Erin commented looking around. I glanced at the adidas joggers I wore and the plain white t shirt.

"This is something I'd wear to school, it's not that big of a deal" I commented. Peyton glanced at Saint who had caught a new Pokemon and was eating ice cream at the same time.

"You don't care that Aaron's bi right? He needs real and stable people in his life" Erin said growing defensive and Saint shrugged.

"I don't care, that's his business to be completely honest. I'm not flaw like that and I'm comfortable with my sexuality so it's not that deep" he shrugged and I sighed in relief happy the air was finally cleared.

While everyone talked amongst themselves I ate silently and looked around the large living room. After awhile I went to Instagram and scrolled through some things and realized I had a follow request from Skye.

I hesitated briefly before denying it and clicking on her page. She had pictures from Deejay's party going on and Moses was in a few of them showing they were probably on good terms again which I expected since they were so close beforehand.

"You know when you have childhood friends and then you grow up and you still consider them some of your best friends but you make other best friends that relate more to you in that current part of your life?" I questioned and Peyton nodded slowly.

"Yeah that happens sometimes, it's kinda like when you grow up with someone and you never fall out with them you know that that's like your family. There's this girl I use to be best friends with and we didn't have problems but we grew apart. If she ever needed me or got into a fight with someone I'm going to be there and have her back because I still have a special spot for her in my life we just don't work as best friends anymore because we like different things" Peyton explained.

I nodded understanding her perspective because that's kinda how I felt. I couldn't relate to Moses' life and he had friends that could, who he deemed like best friends or family. It didn't really hurt but if I wasn't dating him I wouldn't really fit into his life and even now that I am I still don't really fit.

When we finished eating everyone gave their plates to Erin to put under hers and she got mad and stared at us.

"I knew I should've just hurried up and ate because this always happens" she groaned standing up. Saint asked her to take his soda can and she threw a pillow at him and walked out of the living room.

"Is Moses coming?" Peyton questioned and I shook my head no. Saint stood up and grabbed one of the mini nerf guns that was laid out on the carpet and I shook my head watching him shove as many foam darts into his pocket as he could.

When Erin came back around the corner he shot her and she quickly tried to block by covering her face but he continued to shoot.

Erin quickly picked up a nerf gun and loaded as Saint ran out of the living room and went down into the large basement that she was afraid of.

When Erin ran down there after him I stood up and grabbed Peyton's hand pulling her up with me. Erin screamed and she came flying back up the stairs laughing, when Angelo came into the living room to see what's going on she hid behind him and grabbed his shirt as Saint came up the stairs.

"She pushed me down and kicked me before turning the lights off down there" he admitted as he rubbed his stomach. Angelo smacked his teeth and walked out as Erin tried to call a truce but he shot her in the face with one of the foam darts.

"Alright I'm done, let's watch a movie or something" Saint said sitting down. I looked at the darts on the ground and began to laugh.

"Now you both have to pick up all of the darts, Ajani said if you use the nerf guns you have to clean up after yourself" Peyton stated as she placed her hand on her hip and they proceeded to clean up the living room before going down into the basement to collect the rest.

I turned on the TV and went to switch it to the correct setting when Peyton stopped me before I could turn the news off. I glanced at the screen where they were showing the scene of a car crash.

"Do you see that? I bet it was a drunk driver" Peyton stated as she shook her head. I continued to stare at the wreck feeling like that car looked like Moses' car.

"It's not his car" Peyton warned catching on to my look. I went back to Skye's page to see when that picture was posted and it was an hour ago.

Closing out of Instagram I dialed his number before slowly sitting down while it rung and rung and eventually someone answered.

"Who is this?" The girl from earlier questioned and I sighed and leaned back into the couch not sure of what to say.

"Is Moses there? I need to talk to him it's important and it can't wait" I explained. She put me on hold and I glanced at Peyton who was leaning over listening to what was going on.

"He said he doesn't want to talk to you right now" She said pretending to be sad about it. I nodded my head before hanging up the phone.

"Well at least he's not dead" I said placing my phone on the table. Erin and Saint eventually returned wondering why the room had grown gloomy.

"Happy birthday again A A Ron, we're out" Angelo said touching the top of my head. He and Kaine left out and I was curious as to where they were going but knew they wouldn't tell me.

"Oh what's up, they're in the living room" Kaine said after opening the door. I looked up after hearing the front door shut and a few seconds later Moses appeared he was holding the bags of shoes he got me and two Barns and Nobel shopping bags in his hand.

"You guys lets go get more cake and leave them to be alone" Peyton demanded and Erin looked Moses over before she grabbed Saint's arm dragging him out.

"I thought you didn't want to talk to me?" I asked and he seemed confused as he sat down next to me on the couch.

"What are you talking about, I thought you were still mad at me, yeah?" He questioned and I shook my head no before glancing at my phone.

"Today has just been really weird, I act passive aggressive when I'm upset because I pretend things don't bother me. I really wanted to hang out with you today but it felt like you didn't want to" I confessed as he sat everything down.

"I didn't really expect to be so busy today, all that's been on my mind is getting revenge and trying to prove myself to everyone else. Let's just start over tomorrow and do something you wanna do" Moses offered as my eyes roamed to the Barns and Nobel bag.

"Oh, so I went there a little before they closed and I was looking in the manga section trying to figure out what I wanted to get you. The girl there recommended two manga's so I got the first four volumes of Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online because she said they have the anime version already out. You can read them and then watch" Moses said pulling them out.

I slowly picked up one of them and stared at it liking the way it felt. I thanked him knowing I'd probably read all of them and then want more.

"There was a car accident and I thought you were involved, but I think Maya has your phone" I explained and he seemed confused as he patted his pockets and smacked his teeth.

"Can I see your phone, I need to call Deejay" he explained and I unlocked it before handing it over. Moses made a quick phone call asking his friend to get his phone back and once he agreed the conversation ended.

"What kinda food do you have here?" He questioned and I laughed and stood up motioning for him to follow me into the kitchen.

"Pizza, subs and wings. There's still a lot left over" I explain and he grabbed my arm stopping me and when I looked at him he tried to avoid my gaze.

"I'm sorry about earlier" He stated and I nodded slowly not taking anything really to heart. He leaned down to kiss my lips and I hesitated briefly before kissing him, gently biting down on his lip..

Angelo Simms

Harlem was escorted into the room seeming like he was in good shape. The guard took the handcuffs off of him allowing him to sit down and he looked at Kaine and I before glancing at the guard wanting for him to walk away so we could have some privacy but he didn't at first until someone called him for him.

"I couldn't call you and tell you what happened because I'm locked up and they record phone calls. I had to send the message through my lawyer, they wanted me to join them and in return I'd get revenge and my name off the Hitlist" Harlem stated and I looked down at the black table and began to tap my leg.

"That's what you wanted right? The only reason you'd say no is because you want something from us. What do you want?" Kaine asked seeming over the conversation already before it's even really had a chance to start.

"You know that annoying broad that you use to mess with? The one that keeps getting into it with Ajani?" Harlem questioned. I looked at Kaine having no idea what the hell he was even talking about.

"You mean Jenny? What about her?" Kaine asked and Harlem looked around before he leaned closer not wanting people who were sitting nearby to hear what was going on.

"She's turning everyone against her father and she put a hit out on her brother, her own blood. She's taking it all for herself, if you go to Vinny and you talk to him you'd be able to stop things before it gets messy" Harlem explained.

"And how do you know all of this? Why don't I believe they'd tell you all of this only for them to turn around and not kill you for not wanting to work with them? You're locked up now so what do you have to loose, especially if you die because the justice system wouldn't give a single fuck" Kaine said looking him over.

"What are you trying to say? That I'd set up you, my own blood?" Harlem asked and I smacked my teeth at him for playing dumb. Family ain't have nothin to do with a damn thing especially considering what he said Jenny was about to do to her father and her brother.

"I think the least we could do is sit down and talk to Vinny. He's always been a snake but he's a negotiator especially if times like this his life was on the line" I explain nudging Kaine who still seemed to be against it.

"Angelo something don't feel right, I just don't trust him. He could be leading us into a trap" Kaine said standing up. I remained sitting watching as my cousin walked away before I turned my attention back to Harlem.

"I'm not lying, I'm locked up and I won't beat this case. Since they can't get me for my drug crime they're going to make sure I serve a lengthy sentence for this and I accept that. What do I have to gain? Is it money? No and I can kiss the drug business goodbye seeing as though I won't be able to run it from where I'm at" Harlem said and I chuckled.

"When has that ever stopped you from wanting to make people as miserable as you are? You being locked up means absolutely nothing" I remind and he nodded his head as I stood up.

"Don't say I didn't tell you so" he shrugged as he got up and walked to the back to be handcuffed. He looked back at me and shook his head before he was escorted through the doors and I went to catch up with Kaine.

Kaine slapped hands with a guard and gave him money on the low for getting us in without having to fill anything out. When I finally caught up to Kaine we exited out of the jail and he looked at the time on his Rolex.

"We can at least stop by Vinny's place, what if he's not lying and everything he was saying is for real? You've been wrong before" I stated and Kaine stopped walking and stared straight ahead causing me to smack my teeth.

"You're right and I'm wrong, let's go" he said dryly tossing his car keys to me. Here the fuck he goes getting all moody and shit.

"You're such a bitch ass dude, this is why I don't even like you" I complained and he looked over his shoulder before he began to laugh.

"I would say that hurt my feelings but Ajani told me it's not good to lie to myself" he said simply and I held up the middle finger behind his back.

We drove to Vinny's house in silence with Kaine blasting loud music and looking out the window while rapping along. I shook my head starting to second guess myself, maybe Harlem wasn't telling the truth.

When we got to Vinny's place everything looked like a ghost town. There was no cars around and some of the doors in the brownstones were wide open. Kaine took his seat belt off before arming himself with two guns.

He got out of the car after pulling a hat on and I eventually followed him out. We jogged up the steps and Kaine pulled out a gun before pushing the door the rest of the way open with his foot.

We walked slowly around the lower part of his home and Kaine leaned down hovering his hand over a cup of something before he glanced back at me.

"The cup is still cold and wet signaling the ice is melting, somebody had to of been here" he said. I nodded towards the staircase and he slowly walked up them leaving me to check the lower half.

When I got into the kitchen I paused before sighing and shaking my head. Vinny's wife, son and daughter had been murdered with their arms taped behind their back and their throats slit.

"How do people do this to a little girl and a little boy? They were defenseless" I mumbled walking out of the kitchen and back into the living room where a blanket lay over the couch.

I grabbed it before returning to the kitchen and covering them up. I heard a few gunshots from upstairs and someone came tumbling down the stairs are.

Removing my gun from my pants I heard footsteps coming around the corner and I half expected it to be Kaine but was shocked when another man came around the corner with an automatic.

He fired a bunch of rounds at me as I jumped behind the counter. I heard his footsteps and slowly moved to the other side of the counter shooting at his legs. When he figured out where I was he just started shooting at the Island making my quickly move from that spot.

He turned around spotting me as I pulled the trigger aiming for his head and ultimately missing and grazing the side of his face.

Two shots went off behind him and he stumbled to the ground shooting the automatic in the process and I quickly moved being shot in the thigh in the process.

Kaine pulled me up and walked over to the stove before seeing the oven was still on. He glanced at the blanket that was covering the bodies and I limped over and pulled it back showing him.

"This had to of happened this evening. Vinny is in the bathtub with a gun shot to the head and tape over his mouth and hands. He also has his throat slit" Kaine explained.

"You think they got to everybody else on this street? There's a lot of kids around here" I stated and Kaine tucked his gun away before he walked ahead.

"Probably or they evacuated them, but I don't think anybody is around here. So let's go" he said and I smacked my teeth and limped after him causing him to pause and walk over to me allowing me to drape one of my arms over his shoulder.

"You were right and I was wrong. Harlem can't be trusted" I groaned leaving the house and Kaine rolled his eyes.

"Nah Harlem was right, he was just late relaying the message. If this happened recently as in a few hours ago he wouldn't of known that quick. The men that were here are the ones that killed them and they were still here looking for something, they seemed surprised when I came up the stairs so they weren't expecting it" Kaine said.

"Jenny did this to her own brother. I ever get power hungry like that please just kill me in the most brutal way" I informed my cousin as I opened the car door.

Kaine opened the trunk of his car and he told me to wait before he grabbed a towel from the back. He tossed it to me before closing the trunk and I tossed him his keys allowing him to drive his own car.

I carefully sat in the car happy I at least wasn't shot in the dick. I'll probably get a lot of sympathy pussy out of this I just knew it and I couldn't help but to smirk to myself.

"I think that's a sign you should stop wearing women's pants" Kaine stated and I smacked my teeth and looked down at my jeans.

"You think you really funny but you're not. First of all nigga you're just jealous because I get my shit tailored from overseas and I dress better than you and I'm smoother. Step your fashion game up lil bitch" I snapped and he raised an eyebrow.

"You look like your theme song should be Rico Suave. But I'll give it to you, your jewelry has been getting better than mine as of late, I've been slacking a lot" Kaine said as he drove. I removed a small Baggie of weed from his glove compartment and preceded to roll up ignoring my injury.

"Yeah. What's been up with you lately, Knox's clothing game would put what you're wearing to shame ten times over" I teased and he clutched the steering wheel.

"I know! I don't know why it's like this now I just dress plain when I leave the house and when I do go shopping I end up buying for Knox. He usually only wears the same shoes twice maybe, he's gonna be such a brat" Kaine said with a simple shrug.

"Nah with Ajani for a mom I doubt it, she'll be strict and you'll be his bitch and buy him what he wants cause he'll be your favorite" I predicted as I lit the blunt and looked down at my thigh.

"I won't play favorites, my parents did that shit and it was traumatizing because I kept wondering why I wasn't good enough. I think I'll just be laid back though but I wouldn't be a bitch like if Knox does something stupid or he gets in trouble he's going to school in crocs with a fucked up haircut" Kaine said and I laughed out loud choking on the smoke.

"Give him that George Jefferson or cut patches in his head. My mom use to do shit like that all the time, I use to always have dreads and she'd cut them off when I did something bad and I'd have to start over. Finally I just stopped being bad in school and started being bad after school cause nobody would call home and tell her" I laughed puffing on the blunt before passing it to Kaine.

"I was never bad in school I was just an asshole. I wouldn't share and I didn't like to talk to anybody so I was never really in trouble. I think the only time I ever got in trouble was when I got caught hunching this girl during recess. I was in first and she was in 3rd grade. I bet she grew up to be a thot too" Kaine mumbled and I laughed out and leaned forward.

"Nigga I haven't heard that word in forever, I was pulling so much all throughout my school career. That was probably the only good thing about school, to be honest" I shrugged and Kaine agreed before looking at my wound.

"I don't understand how you're not even giving a fuck about that wound. Did the bullet come out?" Kaine questioned and I smacked my teeth.

"I don't think it went in, it's not enough blood and I can still feel my toes so just take me to the hospital" I said looking down and he passed the blunt back.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He questioned and I cut the radio on wrapping the towel tighter around my thigh while he smirked happy he got the last word.

-

"Maybe if you massage around it, it'll feel better" I flirted with the nurse. She rolled her eyes and checked my bandage before reaching into her pocket and giving me a lollipop. My eyes roamed to her large breasts and I smiled and took the lollipop from her slowly.

"So it wasn't serious was it? Those stray bullets can hit anyone at anytime" Kaine said shaking his head and the nurse smiled at him. I laid back on the bed and smacked my teeth seeing she had a thing for ugly niggas obviously.

"Ion even know why you getting wet, he's married anyway" I said bitterly and Kaine took a seat in the chair next to me. The nurse got an attitude and went on her way after telling me everything was good and I could go whenever I felt like it.

"How long have we been here? It's late" Kaine complained and I looked at the time on my phone before responding back to a message from one of the girls I was messing with letting her know I wasn't going out tonight.

"Give me the pants you brought" I demanded and he smacked his teeth and tossed the pants that he'd gout out of the trunk of his car. I slowly got up removing the hospital gown and got dressed slowly.

As we were leaving out I got a prescription and the nurse who was flirting with Kaine earlier slid her number to him. He laughed it off and tossed it in the trash once she was out of view.

"She only want me because I'm unattainable just like how you try and fuck married women because you like the chase. I just keep it pushing though because it's not that serious to me" Kaine said and I agreed.

"I like that we got a doctor on standby here, imagine if we had to file a police report. That would've taken so much fucking longer. Now what are we going to do about this situation? There has to be a reason Jenny is doing all of this and I bet her father will be next" I said as we climbed back into his car.

"Probably. I think she wants to be on Ajani's level but with Vinny and her father around they weren't going to ever put her in charge so she's taking over but she's going about it the wrong way. She's only going to isolate herself and without anyone having her back it's going to turn into a weakness" Kaine said and I stared straight ahead.

"You think she'd listen if you tried to talk some sense into her. She can't be this much of a dumb bitch" I remind and Kaine shook his head.

"I'm done talking especially to dumb niggas and bitches. Let everybody know if they see this bitch they kill her, I don't give a fuck if she's with her children or her grandmother. She has to go" Kaine said and I agreed after awhile.

When we got back to his house I struggle to get out of the car and he just laughed at me and walked ahead. I slowly moved up the steps before going inside after he left the door open for me.

I limped into the kitchen where I could smell the food from earlier. Ajani and one of Aaron's friends Erin were cleaning up as Johan sat on the counter.

"Bwoy the hell happened to you?" Johan questioned as he took a sip of the Gatorade in his hands. I slowly sat down at the counter and trying to make myself as comfortable as I could. I nodded towards the girl and Ajani told her she'd call her when she needed her help again.

Erin left out of the kitchen to go join everyone else and Johan followed her for a moment and peeked into the hallway making sure she wouldn't eavesdrop.

"We went to see Harlem and he told us about what Jenny was doing and how she was plotting to kill her brother and set her father up so we went to warn Vinny but he was dead. Him, his wife and his kids and the men who did it shot at us and I got grazed" I explain.

"It doesn't concern us, we were going to kill Vinny and now it's too late for him. She's helping us wether she realizes it or not. I feel horrible the likkle babies had to loose their life, so Jenny has to suffer. I want her to isolate herself, she's alone now and I'm almost certain she's going to go crazy and start doing a bunch of reckless shit as a scare tactic. So remain calm and don't be stupid enough to get caught up" Ajani said before she dried her hands off.

I glanced over my shoulder at Moses who had entered the kitchen to throw something away and I frowned wondering why the fuck he hadn't been returning my calls especially after I asked him to pick up something important for me.

"Where have you been? Did you get lost meeting with my connect?" I questioned raising an eyebrow and he looked away for awhile.

"I was going to pick it up, yeah? But than I figured the nigga was playing you for the product and he would've been making more money off of you. So I declined the deal" Moses said and Johan began to chuckle.

"Now I'm going to be short this month. If you want to run a drug business you'll have to figure out when is a good time to make sacrifices especially when you have people to pay and you owe drugs to other people. Now I gotta listen to this fuck nigga complain about me sending an amateur to do my job" I said staring straight ahead.

"I can get you drugs that's simple, don't even worry about it" Moses continued and I slowly turned in the seat.

"Bwoy things get really political, you should know how emotional grown men become over their money. If Lo has a deal with someone to get drugs from them on this date and the deal falls through and then he turns around and cops from another source it's disrespect and it's a bad look. That's how you get cut out" Ajani explained and Moses sighed.

"So how do I make this right? What do you want me to do?" Moses questioned folding his arms and I chuckled and nodded respecting that he wanted to make up for it.

"I want one hundred and fifty thousand dollars by tomorrow morning. We can't get the drugs now, but I still need that money. Next time just do what I ask, yeah?" I questioned mocking him and he smirked before he walked away mumbling shit under his breath.

"This is why I hate children, they have no respect for their elders. I can't go easy on him, even if I do consider him a lil homie. How else is he suppose to learn?" I questioned.

"The bwoy will be alright, had that happened with Ajani she would've cut his finger off. You're too nice" Johan responded jumping down.

"Maybe the tip, not the full finger" Ajani corrected and Johan nodded. It wasn't like I was really worried about him not bringing the money on time it was more so of what his mental state was at the moment.

Moses had been real forgetful lately and just wilding and playing it off like everything was all good. One minute he was fine and he wasn't worried about his mother's death and then the next he was angry and nobody knew how to help him especially if he was avoiding the fact that there was indeed a problem.

"Jo go ask them if they want anything else before I start putting up the candy and drinks" Ajani said but instead of Johan going I offered to go half wondering where Kaine had went.

I slowly got up and walked out of the kitchen following the voices of laughter and talking. Aaron was squatted down with a batman blanket wrapped around him as he played uno with that kid Saint and some girl.

"Ajani said last call for candy and soda" I said nodding towards the kitchen but they were hesitant to stop the game and begged for a few more minutes to keep going.

Kaine came jogging down the stairs seeming like he was in a rush. He had his keys in his hands and he was pulling his shoes back on.

"I'm about to check on Raheem I'll be back" he called with a phone pressed to his ear before I could question him. I nodded wondering where the fuck Raheem had been lately, I'd talked to him a few days ago but for the most part he'd been getting ready to go to court with his baby mama.

Not thinking much of it I limped back into the kitchen hoping Ajani was going to feed me.

Moriah Scott

I laid back in the hospital bed with my eyes closed enjoying the peace and quiet. When the door cracked open I frowned and sat up some expecting it to be Sincere coming back with my snack but it wasn't, it was the tattoo artist from a few days before and she was wearing a nursing uniform and wheeling in a tray.

"Well this is surprising, what could have possibly happened to you?" She questioned as she placed her hand on her hip. I stared at her for awhile before laying back and she laughed to herself bringing the tray closer.

"I got shot" I admitted and she hummed to herself handing me a small cup with pills inside of it and another small cup of water to wash it down. She watched me take it before taking the cup from me and tossing it into the trash can.

"I never did get your name" she said quietly and I shrugged not feeling like my name really mattered. She picked up my clipboard that was sitting at the foot of my bed and read it before she looked up at me.

"Moriah, that's an interesting name. It fits you though and I like it" She said placing it back down. I looked at her for awhile and she stared back seeming unbothered that I was trying to remember her face.

"Can I know yours now? Or does it not matter?" I questioned gesturing to her. She removed her name tag and handed it to me.

"Danielle, your names fits you too" I responded giving it back. She smiled before showing me the food she'd brought and warned me about how gross the tuna sandwich would be.

"So you tattoo on the side or do you nurse on the side?" I questioned making conversation. Her silence made me look at her.

"They're both hobbies, I'm a teacher. But you couldn't of possibly known that" she shrugged and I sat up some again growing interested.

"So you pitch in at hospitals in your free time and teach children any other time? I don't think I could do it, you see I hate people. They annoy me" I tell her and she raised an eyebrow.

"Well I love them, but I can imagine you living in solitude if it came down to it. People aren't for everyone" she admitted and I stared at her for awhile. The hospital door opened and Nandy came walking in quickly and she hugged me tightly and cried.

"I'm so sorry for what I said, we can do therapy and I can take it serious. I promise, I really love you Moriah and I want this to work" she sobbed.

"She's my wife" I answered seeing the look of concern on Danielle's face almost like she assumed Nandy was some type of crazy woman.

"Well I'll let you two have some alone time. I'll try and bring you another sandwich next time I come back around" she promised and I nodded my head.

Nandy sat up some and thanked her before sitting on my bedside. I assumed my mother must have informed Nate and he must've informed Nandy.

"Do you still hate me?" She questioned looking into my eyes with her sad ones and I shook my head no.

"I don't hate you, I just find you annoying" I admit handing her a napkin to clean her face. She looked down at my bandaged forearm.

"Do you love me? I wanna hear you say it" Nandy said quietly and I stared at her for awhile allowing silence to consume the room and judging by he way she fidgeted I knew she was anticipating my answer.

"I love you" I admit and she sighed in relief and hugged me again. As she laid on my chest the hospital room door opened and my father walked in along with Sincere and uncle O.

"I take that as in you both are back together" he answered and I thought about it before shaking my head no causing Nandy to look up at me.

"I'm not ready yet and I'm doing this because I do love you. What you said did hurt and I don't feel like I'm still in the spot to give you what you need and we'll end up back where we were before" I said and she dried her eyes and shook her head.

"We can work through it together, I can try. It's not just you maybe I have to work on my issues too so that we can both reach an agreement" Nandy said quickly while searching my eyes for an agreement.

"Nandy you gotta give him time if he said he needs time. Why don't you both start from a new spot, go out on dates and get to know each other again, try to have more fun times together but jumping right back in isn't going to help him or you" my father said and she nodded slowly.

"Can you at least move into the guest house, living alone is very scary but it'll be easier to sleep if I know you're around" She said and I eventually agreed.

My uncle shook his head as he grabbed my container of fruit and opened it. I watched as he drunk some out before chewing what was in his mouth and I blinked wondering if he was going to offer to get me some more fruit because he helped himself to mine.

"You was gon eat that?" My uncle questioned and everyone laughed. My mother entered the hospital room wanting to show my father something on Pinterest and he pretended to be interested.

"Where is Silas? He was suppose to be going to ask when I could leave" I groaned knowing I shouldn't of sent him to do anything.

"Last time I saw him he was in the hallway inviting women to bible study" My mother said and everyone began laughing except for me, I kept the screw face I had.

"Ma can you please ask, I'm tired of being here. I feel fine" I stated and she nodded and rubbed my hand before she left the hospital room taking my dad with her.

"I'm about to go smoke and eat, be back later" My uncle said tossing the container in the trash and I glanced at Nandy who continued to lay on me.

As O was leaving Danielle returned with another fruit container and a new sandwich. She sat it down for me and winked before leaving. I stared at her for awhile before feeling eyes on me and when I turned Sincere was giving me a smirk and rubbing his hands together.

"Sometimes you don't know what's the right fruit until you taste more" he said turning the TV on. I glanced down at Nandy who had her eyes closed before I relaxed back some and stared at the ceiling.

Shit. Why do feelings always get mixed up, especially when you wanted to keep shit simple. My therapist was going to love hearing about this and I was not ready for the earful he was going to deliver.

Next chapter will be a small time jump of like eight months just so you know.

What started with O&J with end with K&K 🤔. Lol just a small hint at the future.

Comment & Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.3K 30
Azariah Williams, 16 years old with a 2 year old baby. At age 14, she gave her virginity to a boy named Phillip Matthews, who was 18 at the time and...
117K 3.6K 28
Kenya Classic is 21 years old and born and raised in Atlanta. She moved out of her mama's house at 17 years old to do everything on her own. Her mama...
1.2K 120 29
(*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE*) Dyshawn, formally known as Dice, and his daughter, Jade, were two of the baddest hustlers that had no choice but to retir...
38.8K 2.4K 49
#1 Spy #2 Mafiaboss • Ziva and Jayceono. Two of the most popular people at school-aka troublemakers-who absolutely detested each other's guts and pre...