A1: The Don (GirlxGirl)

By taylenking

Andrea "Andy" De Palma was raised around a gang in which her father organized himself. Italian pride, selling... More

Summary
Meet the Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six

Chapter Five

34.5K 1.4K 777
By taylenking

"I'm only one call away, I'll be there to save the day..."

I showed up at Delaney's place later in the day. She texted me and gave me the okay to come over. It was around eight and apparently her friends, and Tyra's cousin were all going out for the night. Delaney lost rock, paper, scissors to all the girls and was deemed to stay and babysit Tyra's cousin's child: Jake. Apparently, Jake had just turned a year old and he was a good kid. I guess Delaney had kept him a few times. Either way, I knocked on her door half an hour after the text. She opened the door with slightly wild hair. She was wearing a basic black t-shirt and gray, baggy sweatpants. I loved how she didn't try to dress up just because I was coming over. She looked good either way, anyways.

"Glad you dressed up for me, darlin'," I decided to kid with her. She rolled her eyes at me and raised an eyebrow up at me. I wasn't sure if she was acting like she wasn't impressed or if she was joking. I stepped inside the house and put my arm around her. "Come on. I'm just kidding. Smile, darlin'. You were gorgeous yesterday and you're gorgeous right now."

Delaney laughed and pushed my shoulders. "You're a real softy, Andy. All I have to do is pout and you'll be apologizing. What a romantic." Now, it was my turn to roll my eyes at her. She giggled and grabbed my arm to pull me fully into her apartment. She had the place decorated to the tee. It looked really nice and I could tell she had money. Her parents must've been stacked since she was just a jobless, pre-med student. I followed Delaney over to the couch where an adorable baby boy was sitting in front of. He was on the floor playing with his toys while giggling. "Andy, this is Jake." Delaney picked up the small guy and then moved his hand so he could wave at me. "Say hey to Andy, Jakey."

I laughed at how the kid frowned up his face and turned away from me. "Aw, come on, she's not that ugly, kiddo," Delaney joked.

"Ha, ha, very funny," I told her sarcastically. She sat down on the couch and I sat down beside her. "So, about our text message. First, what's truly your favorite song? Second, do you really know Italian?"

"Why should I answer your questions? Are you a detective," I questioned with false suspicion.

"Yeah, I want to learn your favorite song so I can get you hard time for all the illegal sh-t you've done," she replied sarcastically as she bounced a giggling Jake in her lap.

"I don't have a favorite song. I really like rap, if that helps. I guess that's kind of cliché for a gangster, but it's my favorite genre. Also, my father always played old R&B records so I really like that too," I replied.

"Wow, you and I, Andy, we're the same," Delaney said dramatically. I laughed at her. "Seriously, it's the same with me. I grew up listening to what my parents listened to, which was like pop music so I really love pop. I really love all genres, but rap and R&B are my favorites. Who's your favorite rap artist right now? If you say Drake, I'm dragging you to the alter right now."

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. "I was going to say Kanye. I really like his new album, but Drake is definitely up next in my favorites. He's really good."

Delaney took a deep breath. "It's so good to talk to someone with good music taste for once. But back to my second question, Italian, do you speak it?"

"Bits and pieces. My parents are fluent so I know enough to hold down a basic conversation. My mom is always calling me testa di cazzo."

"That's cute."

"It means d-ckhead." I got a good laugh out of her for that one. She laughed so loud that she scared Jake. "What about you? You're fluent in Spanish, right? You were saying sweet things to me in our text messages earlier, I think."

She giggled. "I called you tonta which means dumb and then I said estas loca, which means 'you are crazy', but you know, that's nicer than what your mom calls you. Why does she call you that? Are you an asshole to her or something?"

"No, I'm just always pranking her and she always falls for it. So, she gets mad and calls me that and then five minutes later, she tries to feed me something she cooked in the kitchen." I don't know why Delaney was getting such a kick out of this. She was smiling ear to ear as she listened to me. "Do your parents call you stuff in Spanish? Like puta? That's the only bad word, I know."

"Bad word. Aren't you adorable?" Delaney reached over and pinched my cheeks before pressing her lips together. "No, they don't. My parents don't know a drop of Spanish."

"Why," I asked with confusion. "Did you just teach yourself?"

"Yeah, I taught myself." Delaney was being vague which was weird because she'd usually go into depth about stuff, but not this. I guess her and her parents had bad blood or something.

"Are your parents good to you?" I was probably prying, but I was curious.

"Yeah, they're great parents. It's just...I'm adopted. My parents are white and when I say white, I mean really, really white. White, like during thanksgiving we have 27 casseroles. White like most of our food has no seasoning. White like they don't even know who 2 Chainz is. White like they support Donald Trump." I felt a little bad but I laughed. Thankfully for me, Delaney was laughing as well.

"You do know I'm white, right?"

"Yeah, but you're Italian. I'm pretty sure your mom can cook really well in the kitchen. You know who 2 Chainz is. You don't support Donald Trump, wait do you? Because that's a total deal breaker if you do."

I chuckled. "No, I don't support Donald Trump." Delaney let out a breath as if she was relieved. "That really explains things."

"What?"

"Um, my friend, the asshole, Leo, she somehow found you on Instagram. Your last name was Hershey and I thought that was pretty weird, but it kind of explains things since you're adopted." Delaney got quiet for a few seconds and suddenly Jake actually started reaching out for me. She giggled and offered him to me.

"I think he's comfortable around you now," she said lightly. I smiled and reached over to take the kid. He began slapping my face as he giggled. "He's really aggressive. He'll slap your face off if you let him."

"I see. He's a bad boy." I began tickling Jake's stomach as if to punish him. He began giggling uncontrollably as I smiled down at him. I would stop tickling him for a few seconds to give him a break and then go back and tickle him again. He was laughing up a storm. I looked over to Delaney to see her smiling at me.

When I looked at her she leaned in and kissed my lips. I kissed her back as she grabbed my chin. She pulled away slowly. "You're amazing."

"I think your last name was meant to be Hershey," I told her with a soft smirk.

"Why? Because my lips taste so sweet? You wouldn't be the first one to say that, testa di cazzo."

A quiet laugh came from me. "You learn quick, puta."

Delaney put on Monsters Inc for Jake, but of course he wasn't paying attention to it. He was only a year old. He ended up dozing off in my arms and Delaney took him in her room to lay him down. When she came back, she plopped back on the opposite end of the couch and rested her feet in my lap. I raised my eyebrows at her. "Che cazzo?"

"English, por favor."

"I said, what the f-ck."

"What? You don't like my feet on you?" Delaney moved her foot up and began wiggling it in my face. I tried to push it away but she giggled and kept fighting my hands with her foot. "Smell my feet, Andy," she screamed childishly. She was getting a kick out of this. After of while of trying to shoo away her persistent foot, I decided to just stand up. I acted as if I was annoyed and began walking towards the door. "Wait, where are you going, Andy?"

I continued walking towards the front door of her apartment. "Come on. Don't be a testa di cazzo." It was hard not to laugh especially with her constantly calling me testa di cazzo. Part of me wished I never told her my mom called me that. I reached for the door knob of her apartment door, but she grabbed me from behind. Much similar to the way I did last night when she tried to walk away from me. "Don't leave me, Andy. I'm sorry." She began repeatedly kissing me on my cheek and I tried my hardest not to crack a smile.

I turned around to face her and she gave me a pout. Without even blinking, she began singing to me, "I know you love me. I know you care. Just shout whenever and I'll be there." Of course, a huge and goofy smile spread across my face. "See, there we go. You're smiling! I knew you really weren't mad at me!" I hated what she did to me and I hated how much I felt for her so early. It was driving me f-cking crazy.

Without any warning, I pressed my lips against hers and grabbed her by her waist. She didn't fight it and her hands wrapped around my neck. Our kiss was intimate and passionate. Her tongue rolled against mine and it felt so good just to f-cking kiss her. I couldn't even imagine what f-cking her would be like.

My body was getting hot all over and my hands were itching to move past her hips. I began backing her up against the nearest thing, which was the wall. She gasped when her back hit it, and I pulled her up by her thighs so her legs could wrap around my waist. She broke away from the kiss to catch her breath and buried her face into my neck. She kissed it softly. I kissed along her jaw as her hands wandered up my shirt. She grazed her nails into my stomach and I let out a sharp breath. "I f-cking want you," I muttered.

I pulled her from the wall and walked over to the kitchen where I sat her on the counter. She rolled up my shirt and I took it off. Her lip tucked between her teeth as I began kissing along her collarbone. My hand began going south down her stomach and into her sweatpants. Her breath hitched and suddenly she grabbed my arm. "F-ck. I can't. I'm so sorry," she suddenly said.

I furrowed my brows. "Did I do something?"

"No. It's just...it's stupid." I stepped back from Delaney and grabbed my shirt. I was so f-cking stupid. I hope I didn't ruin my chances with her. "I had a bad experience and the slightest thing reminds me of it and sometimes I just...I can't. It always happens so randomly and I hate it. I'm sorry, Andy. I know you're probably pissed."

"It's fine, Delaney. We don't have to do anything you don't want to. Is everything okay?" She was looking away from and I grabbed her cheeks so she could look at me. Tears were in her eyes. My heart sunk. "Darlin', what's wrong?"

Delaney took a deep breath and laughed softly. "Nothing. I'm pathetic. Don't worry about it." She wiped away her tears and hopped off of the counter.

"You can tell me anything. I know you just met me but I promise, you can confide in me." She took a deep breath and looked away from me. She seemed ashamed about something.

"A couple of months ago," she began slowly, "I was talking to this guy. We had been 'talking' for a few weeks and I invited him over. He said he just wanted to hang out so I told him to come over. We were watching a movie and he just started touching me. He put his hands down my pants. I asked him to stop and he wouldn't. So, I smacked him and I stood up. I asked him to leave, but he said that he wasn't going anywhere. He said he was tired of me holding out on him and that I was going give him some whether I wanted to or not. So, I began trying to fight him off but he was stronger. Much stronger. He pushed me against the wall and began kissing me. Then he made me turn around, he dropped my pants and he-"

I didn't want her to finish. My blood was already boiling. I pulled Delaney towards me and held her tightly as she cried into my shoulder. She didn't deserve to go through that. No one did. "I never told anyone, not even my friends. I'm so delusional and f-cked up that I act like it never happened. I act like I'm not affected by it, but sometimes when I want to have sex, I just get flashbacks. Most of the time, I ignore them because I don't want the person I'm with to get mad and end up raping me again, but I trust you. It's stupid, I know, but I do. I felt comfortable telling you to stop and I've never felt comfortable saying that. Usually, I just suffer through it and never talk to that person again, but I want to keep talking to you."

"Delaney, I'm glad you're comfortable with me. Anytime, just know you can tell me to stop doing anything. I will." There was a brief silence and Delaney kissed my cheek. "Did the guy get caught? Did you at least turn him in?"

"No. I couldn't."

"What's his name," I tried to ask the question casually, but pure anger came from my voice. Delaney noticed and she jumped back a little.

"Andy, it's okay. You don't have to-"

"Please, just tell me his name."

"Thomas Gordy."

My phone began ringing and I quickly answered a little too hastily. It was Rafael and of course they needed me back at the headquarters. I hung up on him without telling him whether I was coming or not. "Are you okay? Do you need me here?"

"I'm fine. You can go. I understand if you have to go. I actually want some time alone right now anyways."

"Okay, I'll call you."

"Okay."

I pulled Delaney into one last, tight hug before kissing her forehead. "I'm only one call away if you need me."

-

Are you guys liking Delaney and Andy's relationship so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 85 11
Amina is 23 years old and just ended the college for nursery and has been working at a small hospital at big New York for 2 months. Her dad is a doct...
623K 22.3K 30
After the death of her last living parent and getting known by an American modeling company, Hungarian Mira Caspari sets off to move to the United St...
1.2M 31.6K 44
Avery quinton, a bad girl that got in trouble, got dettention and didn't give a fuck about anything But they didn't know she's a gang leader and not...
2.1M 54.6K 39
Arianna Rossi, was no stranger to violence. After all she was the daughter of the mighty Lorenzo Rossi, head of the Southern Italian Mafia. Her dad h...