Katara (REWRITING)

By Menky100_Write

#18 in Fantasy-September Third 2016 Katara was ordinary, or so she thought. Her life changes completely afte... More

Chapter One: Cupcake Pancakes and A Birthday Girl
Chapter Two: Mysterious Women
Cast
Chapter Four: Hatching
Chapter Five: A Drastic Change
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven: Nevælia
Chapter Eight
Part Nine

Chapter Three: Golden Eyes

22 4 4
By Menky100_Write

Katara stood amazed as she looked upon the lady dressed in green. Now besides her in the clearing was a huge Jade green Dragon. It was beautiful, Katara could immediately tell it was a he. The dragons beautiful Wings were twice as large as its body that was already Ginormous. It had an arrow shaped head and had web like frilled skin surrounding its face. There was a Large imbedded stone on its forehead the glowed brighter then any star Katara had seen. Beautiful glowing white markings traced from the dragons snout down to his tail. Katara was frozen in shock. She didn't even think about how dangerous this women or the huge magnificent creature beside her could be. Instead she slowly stood up and began to walk towards the dragon and women as if in a trance.

Who are you young Rider? came a voice that seemed to pound in Katara's head bombing around in her skull. The voice was masculine yet beautiful. It was a melodic sound that reminded Katara oddly enough of when her mother would sing her goodnight.

"Who- who said that?" Katara voiced outloud still coming closer to the dragon and the women. Every Footstep she made seemed to resound in the small clearing, echoing. The women suddenly turned around to see Katara almost to the dragon. The young women gold eyes flashed in alarm.

"Get away from him Humani!" The women in green shouted and rushed to Katara her green cloak billowing in the crisp Autumn wind, trying to reach Katara before she could touch the dragon. But she was to late.

Katara brought her palm to the dragons snout and thought to herself. Who are you? She slowly stroked the glimmering scales of the dragons upper snout and the green dragon leaned into Kataras touch.

My name is Jade young Fledgling. Where is your dragon young one? And why is your smell masked like a Humani? Came the resounding melodic voice in her head.

"I don't have a dragon Jade," Katara began scrunching her brows in confusion, "And whats a Humani? Or A Fledgling? Or a Rider?" Katara slowly reached out to touch the glowing green stone on Jade's Forehead.

"STOP!" exclaimed the women in green. Katara jumped and shook her head as if coming out of a trace. Then her fear began to kick in.

"Who are you?"  Katara shouted her heart pumping with adrenaline as she began to back away from the dragon and the women. Her breaths came closer together as the rational logical part of her brain tried to overtake her creative side and make sense of what was happening.

"I should be asking you the same question," accused the women, "How can you see us? How did you know Jades name and why did Jade let you touch him?" The women began to circle Katara menacingly. The Women's Gold eyes seemed to bore into Kataras soul.

"I-I uhhh..." Katara racked her brain for anything to say but the overwhelming information was to much. kataras vision began to swim precariously and then the world went black.

----------------

Katara swirled in an empty darkness there was a light on the very bottom that glowed in a beautiful turquoise color. Katara could hear voices whispering and small images flickered in and out of her conciseness. She could faintly hear the lady who was dressed in a beautiful green outfit. Before she had her hood up so katara couldn't see her face but now Katara could. She was beautiful. Unnaturally beautiful. With pointed ears and white glowing markings that traveled from her forehead to the bottom of her ears.
"She's clearly a Humani!" The green woman said. "Jade you can be serious. She's not a Rider!" Thoose words seemed to echo in Katara's head. Not a Rider. For some reason Katara thought of the stone from her mothers box. All she wanted to do was get home right now. She had to! Katara fought the alarm in her body. It was just a little stone there was no reason to be so protective of it. Nothing could have hurt it while she was away.

"WAKE UP!" came a loud voice from Kataras ear. It sent spasms into her head.

"Ow ow ow ow..." Katara mumbled "What was that for lady?" Katara slowly brought her heavy head of the grass and looked around her. "Look I don't know who you think that you are? but-" Katara began her head throbbing from the tight band holding her thick black hair in a braid.

"Who I am?!' the lady in green exclaimed, "You are the one who can see bast my Veil. YOU are the one who somehow spoke to my dragon. AND YOU! Are the one who touched Jade, and only a rider is allowed to touch their dragon without permission." The Lady Ranted her golden eyes blazing and her short blonde hair- Wait it wasn't blonde!

"What-what happened to your hair?" Katara said finding her voice.

The lady abruptly stopped her pacing and whipped around to face Katara. The lady held a blonde wig in her hand. Katara looked back up to see long Green hair the same color as her dragon. A white strand was visible in the front. "Look," the green haired lady snarled, "I don't know what you are, but I can tell you. I intend to find out." The lady leaned in closer to Katara with a menacing glint in her eye. "The Nevæ Council will know exactly what to do with you. Humani. " The lady spit in Kataras face and began to drag Katara away while kicking and screaming for help. All of the sudden the woman stopped. She turned to her right and began to scan the area. "Shut up." The Lady whisper yelled and Katara. Katara stopped struggling as questions raced through her head at an alarming speed. The lady slowly let go of katara and took out one of the numerous daggers on her belt. It began to glow otherworldly white.

"Well well, if it isn't little Lyra." said a man who stepped out of the shadows wearing ordinary regular clothing. Katara sighed a breath of relief Finally someone normal.. Katara opened her mouth to ask for help but then the man took out sword that began to glow. Or rather flicker. The lady in green's, now know as Lyra, daggers glowed a steady pure white. The mans on the other hand flickered in and out with black and then red and other colors as if the weapon couldn't decide who it was. Jade growled at the man in warning. His majestic green wings flapped rapidly in aggression his nostrils flaring uncontrollably.

"Fållen." Said Lyra, "What are you doing here. You know that you can not harm one of pure Nevælian blood. That would immediately invoke the wrath of the Council." Lyra glared at the man named Fållen. and she reached to touch a stone on her bracelet that looked like a smaller copy of the one her dragon held. Then Lyra began to chant. The glowing white markings on Lyras skin began to glow. They glowing white markings grew from her face and began to snake down to her wrists.

"You really think that your foolish weak magic can really stop me?" Fållen laughed. "Why if you really want to kill someone then kill him." Fållen shove a boy that was unconscious from behind him. He had Golden hair,not just blonde but Golden, and was around Kataras age. Lyra stopped her chant and tried to rush towards the boy before a black shape swept Lyra off her feet and into the air. The boy began to awake showing gold eyes that matched Lyras. Jade immediately let out a roar and rushed into the sky.

"What did you do with Lyra and Jade?" Katara asked her voice shaking uncontrollably. she slowly stood up and walked towards the boy who lay on the ground checking him over for signs of harm.

"Who are you?" Fållen asked surprised. "Humans can't see Riders. Yet you smell dress and look like a Humani.  And,"  he continued, "Why do you look so much like Arte-"

"What have you done with Lyra and Jade?' Katara asked again her voice hardening with determination. And looked the man in the eyes only to recoil in Horror. The man's eyes were completely black. Not a single once of any color could be seen. They were just empty souls pits.

'Oh yes, Venti, kill them." Fållen said showing not even one sign of remorse. Before he poofed away and Katara watched Lyra fall out of the sky and dissolved into black Ashes before she could even reach the ground.

"Oh my God." Katara said and slowly crawled away to vomit. She felt someone slowly take her hair out of its braid and pull it out of the way of her flying breakfast.

"Shhhh..." Came the calming voice of the Golden boy from above Katara. "It's going to be alright Tara." He said and Katara for the second time that day choose to black out. The last thing she saw was those Golden Eyes.

----------------

NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE SHE FINDS HER DRAGON! I thought it would be in this chapter but then I looked at that mysterious thing called a word count and found myself already and 1600 words! I mean whaaattt???? I probably have more spelling and gramme mistakes then usually seeing as this update came from my phone so please please please PLEASE point them out for me;) Anyways enjoy this update i might have the next chapter up still today or probably at least tomorrow so you all know the drill.

Vote

Comment

Share

-Menky100

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14 2 3
Denne historien handler om en verden langt bortenfor vår, tilbake til når vikingene levde. Vi skal følge historien av en sytten år gammel jente ved n...
1.2K 78 8
Dette er en ny bok jeg lager. Slettet den første Beskrivelse: Arja er en helt normal jente men etter en hendelse på skolen forandrer livet hennes seg
219 22 5
-Vinner av Hvattis 2018 i sjangeren Tankekrøll og luke 21 i Wattpad Julekalenderen 2018- Eskapisme: av engelsk escape og fransk échapper (rømme, fly...
172 4 5
em um outro mundo, um jovem peculiar se aventurar pelo lugar em busca de emoção e alegria, mas acaba de descobrir que suas aventuras vão ter que espe...