Uzumaki Clan: Silver Starlet

By vote4kiba

NARUTO WATTYS 2016 FIRST PLACE WINNER Fifteen years after the Fifth Hokage's battle, an era of peace had mend... More

Chapter 1- Heartbreak
Chapter 2- Deal
Chapter 3- Goodbye
Chapter 4- The Sixth
Chapter 5- Shinobi
Chapter 6- Secret Mission
Chapter 7- Women
Chapter 8- Warning
Chapter 9- Revealed
Chapter 10- Clan
Chapter 11- Save Me
Chapter 12- Revolution
Chapter 14- Pain
Chapter 15- Struggle for Life
Chapter 16- Konoha's Hero
Chapter 17- Obito's Legacy
Chapter 18- Asset
Chapter 19- Akatsuki
Chapter 20- Twenty

Chapter 13- War Begins

1.4K 83 94
By vote4kiba

A/N

This is my drawing of Minato. I'm not the best artist but I recently picked up the paper and pencils. I hope you guys like it.

-v4k

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

"If you keep lounging around all the time, you're gonna get fat." A gravely voice remarked.

"Suck a fat one Tsume." Silence filled the air between the two before loud laughter broke out between the Fifth Hokage and her best friend. Minako Hatake was hiding out of sight within the Inuzuka compound, with Tsume. The two nearly forgot the situation the village was in with all of the wine, food, and sake they partook in. The only thing Minako really wished she had at the moment was a good foot masseuse.

"So when is that head of red turning grey? I'm jealous." Tsume grunted while sipping her sake, a group of puppies sitting at her feet. Since Tsume retired, she took up the trade of breeding ninken. That also meant her house was constantly full of puppies. Minako thought that was the definition of paradise. Tsume was in her early fifties with a full head of dark grey. Stress lines around her lips were evident due to the rough personal life she has had. Raising two children alone after her husband left caused her to become depressed and pressure Kiba to be a better man than his dad. However, her son looked just like him. If it wasn't for Minako's constant support and friendship, Tsume may have become bitter.

"Oh god I hope I never get grey. Kakashi can work it but I can't ya know." Minako chuckled. Tsume raised an eyebrow.

"Just you wait. You'll get greys when Shinasui has kids. That'll do it for ya. When Hana was pregnant with her mutts? Man I couldn't sleep still cause of the little tikes." Minako laughed at the memory of Hana having twins. She conceived at the same time Kurenai did, the three of the kids were on a genin squad. Hana was so young at the time. Thinking of Shinasui made Minako upset. The thought of her daughter possibly being already married to that monster Takeda plagued her with nightmares.

"I wish Shinasui was home." Tsume placed one of the puppies at her feet on her friend's lap. She offered Minako a toothy smile. Her sharp canines showing.

"Hey dogs make everyone feel better. Cheer up. She'll be here any day now." Minako chuckled softly, petting the silky coat of a brown puppy. She couldn't help but feel a little bit happier with the way that dog was looking at her with such innocent blue eyes.

"Maybe I can convince Kakashi to let us get a dog. Not a ninja dog but a pet one to cuddle with ya know. He already has Pakkun and that group but they aren't really companions." Tsume kicked a toy away from her feet which the dogs all chased, except the one on Mina's lap.

"How does Pakkun live that long anyway? Isn't he like thirty or something ridiculous?" Minako laughed loudly while cuddling with the puppy more. It really warmed it's way into her heart. Having both of her kids grown, it made her miss how nurturing she could be to babies.

"He's not just a dog, he's a summon. They basically live until they want to go ya know. That's why Gamabunta is still kicking like a young toad too." Tsume and Minako spent the next several minutes gossiping and discussing random topics. All of a sudden the ground shook, a loud booming sound causing the walls of Tsume's house to vibrate. Minako's violet eyes widened at the reminder of the Village's doomed fate then she stood to greet Tsume. Tsume looked completely startled.

"It's starting." Tsume growled. Minako and Tsume quickly changed into their ninja gear, the Fifth Hokage putting on her beloved cloak. She wrapped the Konoha headband around her forehead, a smirk lighting her features.

"I missed the action a bit ya know. Ready to kick some ass Tsume?" Tsume laughed. 

"I've been waiting for you to say that." Tsume and Minako ran off into opposite directions, grabbing their children and grandchildren. They needed to make sure they were safe. Mina tried to stay out of the light, hiding from the average people in the street so they won't reveal her. She entered Naruto's home through the window. The house seemed empty which caused Minako to grow worried.

"NARUTO?! HINATA!?" Minako shouted out in the kitchen, where she climbed through. Hinata ran down the stairs in her jonin uniform, her head band on.

"Minako! Thank god you're here!" Her softspoken voice said. 

"Hima! Boruto! Come here, Grandma is here!" The two little ones responded to their navy haired mother by running down the stairs, Boruto carrying Hima on his back.

"Sorry Mommy, Hima couldn't find her shoes." Boruto said. Himawari looked terrified and teary eyed from the scary noises. Hinata's expression softened when she saw her daughter, taking the little blue haired beauty in her arms. 

"Honey it's going to be okay. Grandma and I are going to take you to a safe place." Minako's heart strings were pulled while watching Himawari's scared little face. Her baby blue eyes were welling with tears which only infuriated Minako about the situation more. Minako saw Boruto put on his brave face, the same one his father used to put on in times of danger. The Fifth was proud of her grandson immensely, trying his best despite being only a small child. Mina took her grandson in her arms, nodding to Hinata.

"Let's take them to Iruka's. The children should go into the underground bunker. We are being attacked by the samurai." Minako explained to Hinata. The young mother nodded in agreement and followed her mother in law towards safety. Boruto clung onto Minako, one of his favorite people in his life.

"Grandma...where's grandpa?" Little Boruto asked. She didn't know where Kakashi was and haven't seen him since she had started to stay with Tsume. She hadn't seen Obito either. She was worried but Kakashi was an amazing ninja...he could handle himself. Mina stroked Boruto's hair as she ran him to Iruka, smiling down at this little boy.

"Boruto...Grandpa is protecting the village right now with your daddy. Everything will be alright." She lied, not knowing for sure what was going on. Hinata and Minako arrived at Iruka's home, seeing the chunin collecting kunai.

"Oh Mina...Hinata!" Iruka looked up in surprise. 

"I heard the noise and was getting ready to leave to the bunker." Iruka continued. Minako smiled lightly at him. The man loved kids and helping them, just like his father. He was the one in charge of ensuring the children got into the protective bunkers safely. 

"Mind taking Himawari and Boruto with you? Hinata and I need to hurry ya know." Minako said. Boruto clutched onto Minako tightly, not wanting the red head to place him down. She hushed Boruto and kissed his forehead.

"My love everything will be okay. I have to protect the village with your Daddy." Minako explained to the little blonde. He looked just like Hinata.

"Oh...okay..." He said disheartened. Minako perked up as Iruka took the two little ones.

"Hey, if you two are good with Iruka, I'll buy you both ice cream ya know!" The children seemed to like that and nodded eagerly. The faintest thought crossed Minako's mind in that moment, taking in the view of her precious grandchildren.

What if this was the last time she ever saw their faces?

"I love you Boruto. I love you Himawari. Thanks again Iruka." Minako stated before waving and leaving with the Hyuga clan princess who had said the same thing.

~~  

Minako went to the part of the village affected by the explosion and growled at the sight. There were numerous burly men with swords, fighting the jonin and chunin of the Leaf. The ninjas were losing, the samurai far exceeding them in swordplay. However if Sasuke or Itachi joined the fight, then those samurai were done. The fiery haired woman ran around trying to find her son and the members of Team Itachi, wanting to blow these people out of the water before they could get any stronger. She noticed a spot in the battlefield that was devoid of samurai, two Uchihas and a blonde standing there. Minako smirked at the sight. She quickly jumped down to greet the men, the two Hokages smiling at each other.

"Minako, it's nice to see you moving well." Itachi stated with a light smile. Naruto looked excited and Sasuke's dark eyes gleamed. 

"Momma! You made it! How are the kids?" Naruto asked. Minako smiled at Naruto.

"Hima and Boruto are safe. Sasuke, did you or Sakura take Sarada to safety?" Minako asked. Itachi stepped in.

"Yumi took Mikoto and Sarada to the bunker. They are safe." Minako cracked her knuckles with a smirk. 

"It's been awhile Itachi." The eldest Uchiha smirked as he stood next to the Fifth Hokage, him also in the Hokage robes.

"When this is over with, can you take over again? I'm not a fan of this Hokage business." Itachi stated nonchalantly. Minako chuckled, her violet eyes wide and sparkling. She had missed Itachi more than she realized.

"Oh...I dunno...maybe...I really liked doing nothing all day ya know..." The woman teased. Minako realized Sakura hadn't shown up yet which made her grow worried.

"Where's Sakur-" 

"SHANNARO!" The pink haired beauty punched the ground where numerous samurai were, launching them in the air.

"TWIN LION FISTS!" A softer voice yelled, a bright blue light hitting the men back on the ground.

"Ah your wives are here." Minako snickered at the two boys behind her and Itachi. Hinata and Sakura came to the group, the two women wearing their jonin uniforms.

"Naruto...you're safe." Hinata smiled. Naruto kissed her forehead and smiled at her.

"That was a really cool move you did Hinata!!" He said excitedly. Sakura glanced over at her husband who pulled her closer by her waist. Sasuke was fond of watching Sakura fight but felt better when he knew she was safe. The samurai noticed the group of exceptional ninja and focused their attention in that area. The other half of the samurai remained in battle to fight the ninjas.  Minako collected nature energy while observing, slowly going into sage mode. She watched as her friends fought this war and began to win.

"HIRUDORAAA!!!" Might Gai blasts through several samurai, Rock Lee merely a step behind him. Tenten was one of the few ninjas that could keep up with the sword fighting, her skill at handling multiple weapons at once out maneuvering the evil men.  Minako felt deep pride for her village and the children that grew up to be so strong. Asuma and Kurenai were fighting back to back with each other, the Ino-Shika-Cho formation was strong battling their own enemies. Kiba and Shino were teaming up to barrel through more samurai. Minako couldn't stop smiling knowing that the current generation was strong...that the generation was flourishing. 

That was until another booming sound woke her from her trance. 

The samurai summoned two giant ghost warriors, taller than any building in the Leaf. Minako was petrified when she realized the goal of the ghost warrior duo.

"Itachi...they are going to destroy the village." Minako gasped. Itachi's eyes swirled into a blood red, staying by her side.

"Together we stand Minako Sensei." Itachi stated next to her, worried about the events unfurling. Minako felt the fury inside of her rise.

"Sasuke! Naruto! Come here!" The blonde stood next to his mother and they nodded at each other. They stuck their fists out, immediately turning into brilliant shades of gold. Sasuke stood behind Naruto and Itachi behind Minako as they unleashed their halves of Kurama. The two Uchihas released their susanoo with their partner,  Kurama wielding the respective weapons and armor. The four giants together caused the remaining ninja and samurai to freeze in awe of the power their Hokages' have. 

"We can't let them destroy the village!" Naruto yelled. Sasuke and Itachi's eyes were burning wildly, coating the enemy in the amaterasu. The ghost warriors shrieked when the black flames licked at their bodies, preparing to charge. Minako's Kurama acted quickly, taking swipes at one of the samurai ghost warriors.

"Itachi...can your susanoo handle a tailed beast bomb?" She asked while grunting, forcing the opponent to move away from the village it was attempting to destroy.

"It will crack but not break." Itachi informed. Minako's Kurama got the ghost samurai in the headlock, putting her back away from the village.

"Naruto! Use a tailed beast bomb!" Kurama relayed the information to his other half considering Naruto couldn't hear. The second ghost warrior ran after Minako, attempting to free the ally. Naruto quickly created a rather large tailed beast bomb and hit both of the samurai summons as well as Minako.

"GAH!" Minako yelled along with Itachi who had been moved dramatically by the blast. The three large entities were blasted into the forest outskirts, safely avoiding more damage done to Konoha. The samurai who had taken the direct hit disintegrated, the pieces falling apart. There was only one left and Naruto's Kurama was running towards it with the sword of Sasuke's susanoo. Minako and Itachi grunted as their Kurama slowly stood up, realizing the ghost samurai was standing with a missing arm, a sword pointed towards the weakened crack in the susanoo armor. 

"Minako, retract Kurama!" Itachi yelled at her. She immediately did so, the susanoo vanishing as well. While they were falling, the ghost samurai turned its attention to Naruto. Naruto was fighting the best he could with Sasuke's power along with his own. Although the nine tails was slower in the susanoo armor which did not bode well with such a quick enemy. Minako bit her finger and placed her hand down.

"SUMMONING JUTSU!" Minako yelled. All of a sudden, her and Itachi were standing on top of the grand toad's back. Minako realized the toad was a lot younger than she was used to, causing her to scrunch her eyebrows in worry.

"Gamakichi, where's Bunta?" Minako asked. The younger toad exhaled smoke from his massive cigarette and pulled the rather large katana from his holster.

"Dad is taking a nap so right now, you got me." Minako allowed this and pointed towards the ghostly samurai form.

"While it's distracted by Naruto, go wreck that thing Kichi!" Mina commanded. Itachi was amused by how Minako had the strength to perform a massive summoning when she just retracted one seconds prior. The woman was a marvel to him since the day they met. Itachi deactivated his sharingan and looked at Minako without her noticing. After the ring was removed, within a matter of days she regained her youthful aura around her. It was hard to believe she was in her fourties. Her hair was its usual fiery red, her eyes a sparkling orange from the sage mode. It was almost like her time spent on the verge of death never happened at all. Itachi smiled at his sensei who had made him the man he was today. Despite loving his wife with his whole heart and more, there would always be a piece of his love with Minako's name on it. Itachi was destracted by watching Sasuke falter in his susanoo, him exhausting his chakra. Itachi immediately grew worried, as was Minako when she saw Naruto's Kurama was exposed.

"GAMAKICHI NOW!" Minako yelled. Just before the ghost samurai could stab into Kurama, Kichi's sword slashed through the summon. It dissipated just like the other, proving that it was destroyed.

"That was too close." Itachi let out a sigh of relief. Minako agreed, tightening her hold on Gamakichi while he hopped closer to where Naruto and Sasuke were. Naruto released his summon of Kurama, hopping down with Sasuke on Gamakichi's back.

"Good...thinking...ah...Mom..." Naruto panted with an eye closed while bending over on his knees. Summoning Kurama and using tailed beast mode was draining enough as it is, but to summon another beast and force herself to stay in sage mode caused Minako's chakra to become exhausted.

"I'm...so...tired..." Minako groaned while sitting down. Itachi sat behind her so she could lean on him, the former happy the current enemy was defeated. 

"Let's save up our chakra or at least try to relax before being forced to fight again." Sasuke stated. Gamakichi hopped closer to the village considering the tailed beast bomb blew them a mile away. After a few minutes, Gamakichi arrived and released himself, the four ninjas landing on their feet. They observed the battle field to see the majority of the samurai were defeated, however the ninjas were exhausted. Just as Minako was about to join the battle, she noticed intense power coming from a different direction. She, and all of the others, whipped their heads to see a samurai army walking in line. At the lead of the army was the Lord of the Miyamoto clan, Hattori. Minako's eyes gleamed red at the sight but full out panic ensued when she saw the other army approach. Takeda with his shining navy hair and cocky smirk lead the second platoon, each section having over one thousand men. Konoha's strongest warriors could not fight two thousand samurai...the petrified looks on the battered ninjas' faces would only heighten Takeda's smirk more.

"I see you're awake and active Lady Hokage. It's a shame I can't say the same about your darling daughter." Takeda grinned devilishly. Minako's hair flared up and Kurama's chakra was regaining quickly due to her anger. She growled a low warning tone, Naruto moving to stand by Minako's side.

"What did you do to my sister!?" Naruto yelled out, the whiskers on his cheeks becoming more prominent as his crimson eyes formed into slits. Takeda chuckled.

"My bride will lose her chakra...permanently. And when she's weak and hopeless like the fragile woman she is, I'll break her." Takeda egged on. Minako and Naruto were about to charge them but knew doing so would probably mean certain death. Two thousand warriors against less than three hundred ninjas, most of which were merely chunin, was not a favorable outcome.

"Naruto...If I die...please run and find Shinasui. You need to save your sister. I love you both so much ya know." Minako spoke sadly but was still intense with anger.

"Momma...the only ones going to die today are them!" The Konoha ninjas appeared behind their two Hokages, nervous about the realization they would more than definitely lose. 

"Minako...thank you for being everything I needed you to be." Itachi stated. Hearing Itachi's voice and his words forced the bubbling fear Minako had come to the surface. Itachi was a gentle and sweet man, but to state something like that before a battle meant he knew that he was going to lose...and the thought petrified Minako.

"Are you ready for your pathetic village to be destroyed?! The day of the ninja is over!" Hattori shouted while raising his sword in the air. Everything was still...the birds were silent, the wind stopped, even hearts skipped a beat. Everything was still when nine shinobi appeared in a line before them. Minako noticed her silver haired husband and her best friend standing with them, the only ones not wearing the symbolic black cloaks.

"The dawn of shinobi is merely beginning." An intensely deep voice sounded out, freezing Minako's heart in her chest.

"Is that-" She gasped. 

"The Akatsuki." Itachi finished.

~~

A/N

Hope you liked the long awaited chapter!! Things are getting fun!!

If you like this book and you haven't done so yet, please vote for it in the NarutoWattyAwards under "Jonin of Konoha". 

If you like my books or if you are super cool, dope, and wonderful (like I know you all are)

PLEASE VOTE FOR MY BOOK "HERO"!!!!!! I DESPERATELY NEED VOTES FOR HERO!!!!!

Hero is in the General Naruto category!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT VOTING FOR HERO BC I'LL BE SO SAD IF I DON'T WIN!!!

Thanks I love you all.

Ja Ne

~v4k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
154K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
240K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
859K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...