2190 Days//New Hope Club.

By nhclubsandwich

"Six bloody years of being there for them, and this is how they repay me!? I've been through 2190 days of mak... More

Prologue.
Poke.
Sexist Prick.
Noticed By Senpai.
Cake By The Ocean.
Yo.
Covers.
Friendshipversary.
Carter-Green.
House Arrest.
Coffee.
LADS.
Skype.
Late Night Conversations.
Airplanes.
Notifications.
Leo.
Anger Blobs.
George's bed.
Blocked.
Unknown Numbers.
Home.
Call Me L.
Memes.
Pizza and Pringles.
Drunk.
Costa.
Sames and Blevie.
;)
Just Dance.
Spring Cleaning.
2190 Days.

Rocha.

2.3K 129 124
By nhclubsandwich

The next day Evie was bored out of her mind. She had texted all of the boys, none of whom had replied. The blonde would hang out with Sasha but last night she'd persuaded Sasha to spend the day with James, so now Evie was kind of stuck.

Come on, I can't only have four friends to hang out with, who else is there?

Evie scrolled down her contact list, her eyes landing on a name.

Rocha

We're friends, right? I mean, she saved me from Leo whilst I was drunk out of my mind so... yeah, of course, we're friends.

Evie clicked on her contact and started to compose a text.

To: Rocha

Hey, Rocha, it's Evie - the drunk girl from the other night. Listen, I was wondering if you wanted to go for lunch or something? I need to pay you back for helping me...

Plus I need a friend to hang out with Evie mentally added.

Evie sent the text before getting out of bed and going downstairs, where she made herself some cereal. She sat at the breakfast bar and went onto her Twitter, replying to some people and liking some tweets.

Around a quarter of an hour later, Rocha replied.

From: Rocha

Hi, Evie. You really don't have to pay me back, but I'd love to get lunch and chat

Evie found herself smiling at the text. Wow, this 'making friends' malarkey is easier than I thought.

To: Rocha

Great! I'm free today, but that's really short notice so if not then we can do next weekend?

From: Rocha

No, today is good! Where should I meet you?

To: Rocha

Outside the Frankie and Benny's in town at like... 12:30?

From: Rocha

Awesome! See you then!

Evie smiled and mentally high-fived herself. Who said she was bad at making friends? She handled that like a fucking pro, in her opinion.

The blonde went back upstairs after she had finished her breakfast and started to get ready for the day when her phone started to ring.

Richard calling...

"Yoooooo" Evie called, putting her phone on speaker as she applied her makeup.

"Hey Evie, wanna hang out today? I figured we could-"

"Sorry, Blake, I'm meeting that girl for lunch," Evie said, cutting Blake off.

"Oh... what girl?" Blake questioned, making Evie wince as he sounded pretty dejected

"Rocha, the one who found me when I was drunk" Evie stated.

"Oh right. Well, I guess George and I can just do something else" Blake sighed, obviously trying to guilt trip Evie into inviting him along. Evie rolled her eyes in a fond way, fully aware of his scheme.

"You two can come for lunch if you'd like? We're meeting at Frankie and Benny's at 12:30" Evie informed Blake.

"Cool! We'll see you then" Blake chirped.

"Bye Blake, love ya"

"Love you too!" Blake hung up and Evie chuckled to herself at her dorky friend.

Once the girl had finished getting ready she saw the time was 12:20, just enough time for her to get into town. Evie set off after picking up her purse and bag, enjoying the walk as it was a sunny day and there was a gentle breeze brushing against her, making her feel calm and relaxed. Luckily it wasn't too hot so she wasn't sweaty when she reached Frankie and Benny's, where she saw a girl with brown hair waiting outside. Evie walked up to the girl cautiously.

"Hi, are you Rocha?" the girl looked up and smiled.

"Yes," she replied chirpily.

"Okay cool. Sorry, it's just difficult to remember what you looked like, since I was... out of it, let's say. Sorry that you had to deal with me, by the way," Evie apologised with a frown.

"It's fine! Honestly, I'm glad I could help" Rocha said with a sweet smile. Evie smiled back at the girl, deciding that she already liked her. "Wanna go inside and sit down?"

"Actually, I invited Blake and George - I hope that's okay?" Evie asked, wincing slightly.

"Blake's the one I spoke to on the phone, right?" Evie nodded. "Well, there's no problem with them coming along! It's always nice to meet new people" Evie sighed in relief and grinned at the girl. The two of them fell into small talk before Evie felt someone pick her up, exclaiming 'Got you!' into her ear.

"Blake Richardson, put me down this instant!" Evie protested, wriggling in Blake's arms.

"Why should I?" He asked, holding Evie tighter.

"Because otherwise, I won't pay for your lunch" Evie's pretty sure Blake's never dropped her faster. "Rocha, this is Blake - you met the other night - and this is George, two of my three best friends" Evie introduced, pointing to the boys in turn. "Blake you know who she is, but George this is the girl who saved my drunken ass the other night" Evie explained to the blonde, who was staring down at his phone.

"You got drunk?" he asked with a frown, not bothering to look up from his texts.

"Yeah, the night before last. Anyway, let's go in; I'm starving" the four made their way into the restaurant and got seated in a booth - Evie opposite Rocha, Blake next to the first girl and George next to the second.

"So Rocha, tell us about yourself," Evie said, smiling encouragingly at the girl.

"Well I just moved here last week after my final exam - which were all really early in the exam period, luckily - and I'm going to start sixth form at a school near here in September. I'm getting my GCSE results sent to me so I don't have to go back to my old school to get them"

"Oh right! We've all still got exams, haven't we boys?" Blake and George nodded, muttering a few words of disgust. Rocha laughed at their reactions. "So have you got any friends here yet?" Evie asked.

"No, actually. Because I didn't join a school straight away I found it hard to meet people, so I don't actually have anyone" Rocha admitted, shifting in her seat.

"That's alright, we'll be your mates!" Blake exclaimed, and the other two nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! I have like... two other friends who are girls, and one of them isn't even properly my friend" Evie stated "Probably because I hang around these idiots" Evie gestured to the boys, who were currently battling with the salt and pepper shakers.

"Oi, we're not idiots!" Blake protested, bopping Evie on the nose, causing the blonde to scrunch her face up.

"Says the boy having a battle with a salt shaker" Evie replied, sticking her tongue out at Blake as Rocha laughed. "There is actually another one of us, Reece, but he's busy with his family today" George explained, getting out his phone to text someone.

Probably Lara.

Ew, Evie, not now. Don't think about her.

"So yeah, it'd be great to have another girl to hang around with," Evie said with a smile. Rocha smiled back, glad that she'd found people willing to be her friends.

"Thank you, I honestly thought I was going to be a loner until sixth form starts" Rocha admitted with a shy smile.

"Where are you going for sixth form?" Evie asked.

"It's a school called Stockgrove High, know it?" Rocha questioned the blonde, who nodded excitedly. ((I thought I gave their school a name but if I did I cannot remember so just go with it))

"That's where I'm going for sixth form!" Evie exclaimed, and the two girls launched into a massive conversation about how sixth form would be.

After lunch the four teenagers decided to walk to the park and hang out for a bit longer, so once Evie and Blake had bought bottles of water from one of the shops they made their way over.

"It's such a nice day" Evie stated, letting her head fall back so the sun warmed her face.

"I know, this is what summer looks like" Blake sighed in satisfaction at the fact that it actually wasn't raining for once. The boy laid down and put his head in Evie's lap, causing the girl to look down with raised eyebrows. "Comfortable?"

"Very, thanks" Blake replied, opening one eye to look up at Evie before shutting it again.

"Get off" Evie whined, shoving Blake's head slightly.

"No," Blake said, pushing Evie's hands off.

"I am not a pillow, Richard" The blonde stated.

"What?! My whole life is a lie!" Blake exclaimed, grabbing onto Evie's arm dramatically. Evie giggled at the boy. "I'm so emotional that I need to have a little sleep" the boy stated, closing his eyes. Evie huffed and looked to Rocha, who shrugged with a smile. The blonde's eyes fell to the ground next to Rocha and an idea struck her mind. She gestured to the water bottle and the brunette passed it to her, frowning. Evie unscrewed the lid and held it over Blake's face. Rocha had to bite her lip to stop herself from giggling as Evie gently started to tip the water bottle.

Water started to drip onto Blake's face and he sat up quickly, looking around in confusion before his eyes fell on the water bottle in Evie's hands. "Oh, you are in for it!" He exclaimed, grabbing his own water bottle. Evie quickly stood up, her own bottle at the ready as Blake unscrewed his cap, ready to splash Evie.

Evie made the first move, flicking her bottle at Blake and quickly moving away when Blake fired back. Both got splashed, and Blake moved closer to Evie and splashed her again. Evie squeezed her bottle, causing it to splash in Blake's face. Evie laughed and turned, running behind George and Rocha. "I'm gon' get ya!" Blake shouted, running for the girl. The two splashed each other again before Blake threw the rest of his water over Evie, who shrieked and went to attack Blake. Before she could strike, Blake knocked the bottle out of her hand and grabbed her around the waist.

"What the hell?!" Came George's angry call as he stood quickly, water dripping from his hair. Evie and Blake started laughing, however, their laughter quickly faded away when George glared at them both. Blake let go of Evie, releasing her from his grip. "Can't you two just act your fucking age for five minutes?" George snapped, wiping his phone on his T-shirt.

"Alright mate, we were just having a laugh" Blake stated.

"Yeah well maybe you should consider others" George suggested.

"George, what's gotten into you?" Evie questioned, stepping closer to the blonde boy and placing a hand on his shoulder, which was quickly shrugged off.

"What's gotten into me? Evie, what's gotten into you?!" Evie frowned - what had she done?

"What?"

"From the second we got back from the tour you've been clingy and rude. I keep trying, again and again, to convince Lara that you're a nice person but you're constantly being rude to her. And hey, maybe we don't want to hang out with you every day, maybe we have other people to hang out with!" George spat.

"Where is this coming from?" Evie asked, completely taken aback. George had never been this rude to her before for no reason.

"Don't ask that - you're constantly being rude to Lara when she's only trying to be nice to you!" George accused.

"She's being a bitch to me, George!" Evie protested.

"Look, I know that you might be jealous because you normally have us all to yourself, but you need to accept that we're going to get into relationships!" George stated.

"I have! I'm the one who normally encourages you guys to go for girls!" Evie shouted back, gesturing to herself.

"Well, you're going to have to get used to one that you haven't hand-picked. You're coming with me and the others to Lara's on Friday and you're going to be nice to her the whole time!" George instructed the girl, who huffed.

"I would gladly be nice to her if she wasn't such a massive bitch!" Evie spat. George scoffed.

"Evie you're being childish - take the week to get your act together, I'll talk to you on Friday, when you're hopefully done lying" George hissed, before turning and storming off.

"George!" Evie called after him, but George didn't turn around. "Fuck!" Evie hissed, kicking at the ground. Blake placed a hand on Evie's shoulder to pull her into a hug but she shook him off. "Don't" She stated, not wanting to be touched. Blake didn't try to touch her again, knowing that she didn't really like it when she was angry because it made her feel confined. Evie turned and looked at Blake, who was stood quite close to her. "Why is he being such a dick?!"

"Evie, calm down" The brunette murmured to the girl, subtly gesturing to Rocha who was now standing, looking really confused.

"Can we leave?" Evie whispered to Blake, who nodded.

"Rocha, sorry about that" Blake said, turning and walking towards the girl "I'm not sure what's wrong with George, probably having a bad day... We're going to head home now, Evie's really tired" Blake smiled apologetically to the brunette.

"Okay. This was fun until... yeah. We should do it again sometime" Rocha said with a sweet smile.

"We will, yeah" Blake and Rocha exchanged goodbye's before the boy made his way back over to Evie, who was trying her best to contain her anger by biting her lip and clenching her fists. "Evie, it's alright. Take a breath" Blake said soothingly.

"It's not working. Whenever I try to think of the anger blobs I just think of George" Evie huffed.

"Okay, that's fine. Just ground yourself, Evie. Feel the breeze pushing your hair, listen to the birds. It's really calm here, isn't it? It's just so relaxing. Even the temperature is perfect" Blake told her in a calm, relaxing, soft voice. Evie shut her eyes and let herself feel the breeze and the summer heat. She listened to the chirping birds and the jingle of the ice cream van as she took a deep breath in, letting it collect her anger before pushing it all back out. She did this a few times until her green eyes opened and looked straight into Blake's.

The two were silent, staring into each other's eyes with no particular thoughts on their minds, just taking in the colour of each other's irises, using the time to properly take in the details of each other. The silence continued for around half a minute until Evie broke it with one simple request, which was the only thing she wanted in that moment in time.

"Can I have a hug now please?" Blake smiled slightly and stepped forward before he engulfed her into his arms. Evie nuzzled her head into his chest, holding on tightly around his waist as she breathed in his familiar scent, letting herself relax as Blake's arms hugged her around the shoulders, hiding her away from the rest of the world.

~

Okay so firstly thank you for 11.7k reads, that's absolutely insane!

Secondly, I'm going on holiday on Thursday (the 21st) so I'll try and update again before I go but if I don't then I'll update when I get back (the 30th, but might update 31st) as I won't have my laptop with me and don't like writing on my iPod.

Also I made a snapchat so if any of you wanna add me then it's ohmy-rach and my Twitter is OhMyRach - I love talking to all of you so I figured I should just let you guys know that it's always okay to message me!

Please follow/vote/comment/talk to the characters and I'll see you sometime soon with a new update, bye!

~Ray xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 2.6K 26
'Don't make promises you can't keep, George,' I thought but didn't say.
11.1K 641 52
When all hope is lost, what can one do? What happens when someone you love changes and becomes the person you most fear? Do you hide? Do you speak up...
78.4K 3.6K 91
When George Smith, the "straight" high school kid, falls for the new boy in town, Reece Bibby, he soon figures out why he's never really been interes...
9.8K 426 21
[Book One in the Flowered Series] It had always been two of them against the world. They would fight off make-believe monsters and then fight each ot...