lost cause ϟ george weasley

By hufflespuff

"i'm not giving up on you. you are not a lost cause." More

intro
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036

009

2.9K 201 142
By hufflespuff

"WHO GIVES A FUCK IF YOU DANCE AROUND YOUR KITCHEN IN YOUR UNDERWEAR OR IF YOU SING OFF KEY OR IF YOU EAT THAT CUPCAKE. AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY, WHO GIVES A FUCK?"

ARDEN'S heart dropped. She could feel her heart plummet into her stomach and the air was taken from her lungs. George read the letter. He read the letter in which her father talked about him and about her curse and about Lee Jordan. George had to know even if Neil Gosse didn't specifically say Arden couldn't love anyone.

"I'm sorry!" George blurted, his ears turning red in embarrassment.

This was it, Arden thought. This is when he's going to tell her he cannot be her friend anymore and walk through the doors and out of her life.

George brought her back to reality as he began rambling about how the letter fell out of her pocket and it was open and he caught his name and grew nosy and just had to read it. Arden furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"It's fine, George." She interrupted. "I would've done the same, but..."

"But what?"

Arden inhaled deeply, looking away from George's concern-filled eyes. "I just thought you were apologising because you didn't want to be my friend anymore."

George's eyes widened. "What? Why would I do that?" He watched as Arden shrugged, fiddling with her fingers. "Arden, I'm your friend. And honestly, I consider you one of my closest friends. I wouldn't leave your side for something silly like your dad dating Lee's mum."

The Ravenclaw's mouth opened in shock. George seemed to not know about her condition, but he had to! He read the letter and George wasn't an idiot. He's heard the whispers in the halls, he's heard Harvey's warning. The boy was so smart and he figured things out with ease. There was no logical reason why he wouldn't be aware of the fact she was born under the influence of a love potion.

"You know." She whispered in realisation; George was only pretending.

Solemnly, the freckled boy nodded. "I wanted to hear it from you though." He said quietly, staring at her with his hazel eyes.

She didn't meet his eyes. She couldn't. Instead, she just took a deep, shaky breath. "I can't love anyone." It was barely audible, but George still heard it.

Oddly, it hurt him. Physically. He felt a twinge of pain in his chest and he couldn't explain it. It was only a slight pinch in his chest, but it still hurt.

Before the students could continue their conversation, Madam Pomfrey scampered over and checked Arden's vitals and such. She handed Arden a few tea bags meant to help her sleep and reminded her to drink water frequently. Then, she shooed them out and told them to go eat dinner.

They walked to the great hall silently. George kept stealing glances at the girl but she looked straight ahead. Honestly, she wasn't in the mood for dinner but she knew she had to go eat and get some liquids inside of her. She didn't realise how dry her mouth felt till now.

Conversations could be heard from outside of the Great Hall. Students were talking about their day, drama, or Quidditch news. Nobody seemed to realise the two were standing outside the entry way, observing everyone together.

"Arden," George finally spoke. The tan girl turned to look at the ginger. Arden wasn't necessarily short, she stood at 5'8 so she was pretty tall compared to other sixth years. However, George was 6'3 and was looking down at Arden, a small smile on his lips.

The Ravenclaw didn't say anything in response, she just stared at George and waited for him to continue. She learned that George really loved food and with the feast merely steps away, it was obvious he had something to say to her or else he'd wait until the next time to tell her.

"I'm still your friend. I don't care that you can't love, okay? I'm your friend and friends stick with each other through everything. I'm going to stay by your side, if that's alright with you, because you shouldn't have to go through everything alone. You've got me now."

With a grin, George pat Arden's shoulder lightly before stepping into the dining hall and meeting up with his friends, who cheered as he sat down and seemed to bombard him with questions. He didn't turn around to look at Arden, still attempting to hide her away from his nosy friends. Though, they saw him carrying her earlier. They would wait till the end if dinner to bring it up though.

Arden sighed, smiling softly at the redheaded boy who was just so determined to be friends with her. She watched as he chuckled and ate before she walked over to the Ravenclaw table, plopping down beside Luna Lovegood and tucking into her meal.

From two tables away, George watched Arden take a seat and fold her napkin over her lap. He didn't make it too obvious and just as quickly as his eyes landed on her, he was joking with his friends again.

Luna Lovegood was delicately eating her dinner and going on about pudding. Arden listened politely because Luna was a sweet girl and always tried to include Arden. Despite the year difference, Luna was a great acquaintance. Though, Arden never said much. She just listened to whatever the platinum blonde had to say.

When dinner was over, George stayed with his friends instead of walking towards Arden to walk her to the Ravenclaw Tower like he had been doing lately. Fred was a little suspicious but waited until they were alone to ask why he hadn't run off when earlier the girl was in his arms.

"So, George." Angelina started, rubbing her hands together slightly. The five friends were seated against the comfortable couches in the common room. "We saw you with Gosse today, on the way to the infirmary. What was that about?"

Katie chimed in, "Yeah? What was wrong with her."

It was obvious the question made him uncomfortable, but George answered anyway. "She fainted and so I took her to the hospital wing. It wasn't a big deal or anything."

"Was she cold?" Lee asked. When George asked what the dark skinned boy meant, he had to refrain himself from socking him in the jaw. "Since she's heartless, you know. Was she cold to touch?"

Katie and Angelina laughed too. However the twins sat silently, glancing at each other uncomfortably.

"What?" Katie questioned. "Don't tell me you're still interested in her, George. She can't love anyone, get over it. She's just going to break your heart and ruin your hopes, you know. She's not worth it at all."

Finally, George had enough of his friends bashing a girl they've never even talked to. "Shut up." He said sternly, eyes narrowed at his friend group. "You guys have been making me sick lately. You've never had a conversation with Arden, how would you know anything about her? You don't even know if she was born under the influence of a love potion because you know nothing about her. You just listen to what everyone has to say about her. So because she doesn't sleep around or throw herself at the students who try desperately to get in her pants, because she rather focus on her studies than people who'll just end up leaving her, because people like you judge her and don't give her a chance at friendship at all, that means she's heartless? The only heartless person here are you guys.

"Shut the fuck up about her. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sick and tired of you guys always having something smart to say about her. She's a human too and she deserves to be respected. The people I befriended all those years ago were above petty gossip and rumours. You guys disgust me. So shut up and don't ever say something negative about Arden Gosse again or I'll hex you myself."

The group watched as George pushed himself off the couch and stomp up to his dorm room. Fred turned to the remainder of his friends, who were shocked before smiling. "What was up his arse?" Katie chuckled.

Fred rolled his eyes. "You guys are gits." He said, standing up and following his brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.3K 29
- "I choose to love you in silence, because in silence I feel no rejection"
102K 3.6K 47
"You don't have to do this." "You don't know what it's like. I have no choice." "Yes you do."
788K 29.8K 25
"why'd you have to leave me?"
3.6K 131 12
"It's only right to be curious, Percy," "It's a curious thing...," "And you see? That's why. Because a witch of the dark arts wouldn't call me Fred...