026

"WHAT'S COMING IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE LOST."

THE Weasley's were able to calm Arden down, which was deemed difficult because the girl wouldn't let go of Fred as she cried into his chest, wetting his shirt with her tears. Now, she silently sat at the table with a cup of tea sitting in front of her. Mrs. Weasley was standing at the stove, whipping a quick meal up for the girl. Arden was grateful; she had barely eaten breakfast and missed both lunch and dinner. Despite her appetite being small due to the recent events, Arden had to eat before her health declined.

Arthur Weasley was talking rapidly with his wife in the kitchen before taking a seat at the table, looking at Arden sadly. George was seated beside Arden, clutching her hand tightly. He had taken Fred's place and attempted to be there for the girl who made his heart swell.

"Sweetheart," Mr. Weasley began. Slowly, Arden looked up from her cup and at the distressed man. "I know this is difficult, but I need you to tell me everything you saw."

Her heart tightened and she inhaled deeply, looking at George who just nodded. "I came home and all the lights except the kitchen light were off. Everything was a mess. Chairs were knocked down, vases were shattered. The living room and kitchen were trashed. Upstairs...upstairs wasn't as bad. But my bedroom door was broken and, and-" Arden choked on a sob, causing George to squeeze her hand tightly. "He was dead! They killed him, Voldemort killed him! They destroyed my home and my father. He was murdered on his birthday...on his birthday!"

"That's enough for now, dad." George murmured. "We can try again tomorrow." He said lowly, pulling Arden close to him and holding her close. She weeped into his shirt, grabbing a fistful of his shirt and holding on tightly, as if she were scared George was going to be ripped away from her too.

As inappropriate as it was, George was wondering if Arden's father's death had triggered anything that could have caused Arden to feel romantically. She was distressed at the death of her father, but she didn't actually love him the way he loved her, she couldn't, and George thought that maybe her distress was a sign of improving.

Soon, Arden fell asleep in George's arms. As she slept, the Weasley's discussed arrangements. George and Fred were all for Arden staying the rest of the summer with them, but their parents insisted that they had to discuss things with the headmaster first. It was frustrating, but George couldn't argue.

Mrs. Weasley let Fred and Ron eat the food she had prepared for Arden since the young girl was practically passed out on George. She looked exhausted, which was no surprise. She must've been in hysterics for quite a while not to mention her previous stress from Levi's disappearance. With a sigh, Molly and Arthur Weasley left for their bedroom, telling the students to go to bed. Ron left shortly after, leaving the twins with a sleeping Arden.

"Where should we put her?" Fred questioned.

His twin scoffed. "You make it sound like we knocked her out or something. Uh, I'll just stay down here with her. She can sleep on the couch and I'll um, I'll stay with her."

"And watch her sleep? You creep."

The two laughed before realising how inappropriate joking around was. The sleeping girl just lost her father to a dark wizard and was probably traumatised.

Before Fred could get up and say he was going to bed, George stopped him. "Do you think she can love now? She was pretty distressed that her dad, um, you know. Maybe that triggered something and she can love now?"

Not wanting to stress his brother out, Fred shrugged. "I don't know, Georgie. Love is a mysterious thing. Don't think too much about it. We'll figure it out soon. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." George said, watching his twin disappear up the stairs.

When he was gone, George tried to set Arden down lightly on the couch, holding his breath as if it would help keep her asleep. She shuffled and mumbled, clutching George's shirt again. The movement made George stop and he wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to risk laying beside her and them falling off the couch; or worse, his mother coming down and seeing them cuddled up on the couch and probably murdering him.

With a sigh, George stayed still and rubbed soothing circles into Arden's waist. After a few minutes, Arden's hands fell limp and she was sleeping soundly. George stood up and grabbed a blanket, covering Arden to keep her warm.

As creepy as it seemed, George really did find watching Arden sleep comforting. If Arden was home earlier, she could've been hurt badly or could've met the same fate as her father. He was grateful that she was alive and on his couch, fast asleep.

Every time Arden inhaled and exhaled it reassured George that she was safe and alive. He wasn't sure what he would've done if Arden had been home and was murdered, but he was happy that he didn't need to think of that. Because he sat across from her in an arm chair, and she was there, breathing. She was there, she was with him.

George stood up and grabbed his own blanket before settling down in the armchair, facing Arden once more. Even asleep and with tear stained cheeks, George found her attractive. To anyone else, they'd assume she belonged in St. Mungo's. Her hair was disheveled, her face was puffy, and her clothes were messy. Yet the sight of her curled up underneath a blanket made George's heart melt.

She was artwork and George could stare at her all day and night.

hello :)
i know many of you are ready to arrive at my house with torches and pitchforks because of chapter twenty five but it had to be done.

anyways, i have some pretty good news that i hope is good to you too!! i've decided that since a particular character is receiving a lot of love, i'd write a spin off based on them!!

the book is called, "fool for you" and is about your problematic fave, levi. so far, only the intro is published. i hope you'll give it a chance :)

much love,
xx