014

"AND YOU'VE GOT YOUR OWN MOUNTAINS TO CLIMB AND I'VE BEEN HIDING SKELETONS IN THE BACK OF MY MIND."

TROUBLE was not the word that should be used to describe the mischievous Weasley twins. All week the two have been wrecking havoc wherever Leviathan Danford went. From gluing the boy to his seat to setting buckets of confetti and honey on top of the doors he opened, the twins were having fun by humiliating Levi.

Arden knew exactly who was causing the trouble but didn't say a word to Leviathan. Instead, she took a seat beside George at lunch, surprising the Gryffindor. This was the first time they've sat together at a meal and he was worried about his friends saying something. But clearly Arden wasn't as she began eating.

The freckled boy just shrugged to himself and began eating as well. He normally waited for all of his friends to arrive before he started eating but who knew if Arden was going to ever eat with him again.

"Want to tell me a good and valid excuse as to why you and your brother have been targeting Leviathan Danford?" She asked as she raised her cup to her lips.

George froze for a second and then shrugged. "It's his last year and Fred and I haven't pranked him before so might as well get them all in before he leaves."

The Ravenclaw shook her head. "He cancelled our meeting on Tuesday because of it."

Inside, George was doing a happy dance.

"He was my chance at finding out how I can love, George. He was going to help me because he's just like me. We were going to look for a way that we can both love."

George wasn't doing his happy dance anymore.

Arden stood up, a small frown on her lips. "I don't know if you meant for him to do that or not, but I'm very disappointed."

She turned around to begin walking away. George stared at the girl before standing up and following her. He watched as she was stopped by Harvey Oaks, the Slytherin from the train and Arden's ex boyfriend, just outside the doors of the dining hall.

"So you're done messing with Weasley and now you're going after Danford? Wow, Arden. How many STD's have you got?"

Arden stared at the Asian boy with annoyance, looking as if she could and would hex him into oblivion.

"Tell me, Gosse, who's your victim after Danford? Will it be one of the other Weasleys? Or perhaps Diggory? How about a boy from Durmstrang? Maybe you'll switch it up and go for a girl like the horrid slut you are."

Before Arden could defend herself or Harvey could continue harassing her, George's fist hit Harvey's jaw so hard, the crack from the impact was extremely audible. Arden gasped, looking down at the groaning Slytherin who was cradling his face to the redheaded boy who was fuming with anger.

"Don't you ever fucking speak about Arden like that ever again or Merlin help me I will break all the bones in your body with a fucking bat and bludger."

Harvey chuckled and spat on the ground, raising his eyebrows. "How romantic of you to defend a loveless bitch."

In seconds, George raised Harvey up by his collar and slammed him against the stone walls, making many portraits gasp and a small crowd of nosy students to surround them. George punched Harvey multiple times before Arden and Fred managed to drag him off of the Slytherin.

A teacher ran up to the crowd and took one glance at Harvey, who was bleeding on the ground, before looking around the students. George was breathing heavily, his knuckles split open from the force of his attacks and bloodied courtesy of Harvey's face.

"Mr. Weasley, take yourself to Professor Dumbledore's office right now. And one of you, escort Mr. Oaks to the infirmary immediately. Something could be broken."

Arden stared at George with wide eyes, almost appearing afraid of the boy. His face softened as he looked at Arden, opening his mouth to apologise to the girl before the professor barked at him again to leave. Solemnly, the ginger turned around and made his way to the headmaster's office where he would receive his punishment.

Fred Weasley waited with Arden in the library. He explained how he and George were reading every book they possibly could get their hands on that mentioned love potions in order to find a cure for Arden. It surprised her and she suddenly felt bad for scolding George.

The two then ventured to the headmaster's office and waited outside for the younger Weasley twin. When George finally stepped out, Fred bombed him with questions.

"I got a weeks worth of detention."

"Just a week?"

"And a letter sent to mum."

"Bloody hell, good luck."

The twins discussed his punishments for a solid five minutes before Arden coughed slightly. Fred turned to look at the Ravenclaw before looking to his brother. "I'll talk to you in the common room." He muttered, patting his shoulder and winking at Arden. She rolled her eyes in response and muttered for him to shove off.

"I've got to get to the hospital wing to fix my hand." He murmured, attempting to walk around Arden. The girl just rolled her eyes and grabbed his wrist.

"I'll fix it up for you." She said quietly before leading him to the girls lavatory on the fifth floor.

George blushed lightly as Arden dragged him into the bathroom and was surprised it was completely empty. Arden explained that nobody entered that bathroom.

Arden quietly tended to George's bloody and bruised knuckles. The Gryffindor stared at the girl he was so infatuated with as she did so. Her fingers nimbly scanned over his cut knuckles which made him wince. She didn't notice and continued to heal the wounds until he was left with slight bruising.

"Can you explain why you did that?"

The freckled boy shrugged and avoided her eyes. "I didn't like the way he talked about you."

To his surprise, Arden smiled. "Me either. Thank you, George. For doing that, you didn't have to though. I'm sorry you got in trouble over me."

George just exhaled and smiled at Arden. "I don't mind. I'd do it again if I could."