004

"YOUR SMILE LOOKS LIKE IT COULD MAKE FLOWERS GROW."

IT was 9:56 PM on a Tuesday which meant Astronomy class was starting soon. Arden sat in the corner, ignoring everyone else as she set up her equipment. For a moment, she thought George wasn't going to show up. But the fifth born Weasley walked into the class two minutes before class started and he plopped himself at the desk beside Arden's.

"Good evening." He smiled, getting his own stuff out.

Arden politely smiled back, muttering a hello. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to just let him in. She assumed she would need to if she wanted to be his friend, but it seemed George was a step ahead of her.

"I was thinking," the freckled boy began, "Maybe we could hang out sometime. I don't know, we could trade study tips or something? If I'm honest, I could use some help in Defense Against the Dark Arts and you excel in every class so...help a guy out?"

The young witch blinked twice, slowly nodding. She wasn't expecting George to ask her for study tips but it was a start. And to be honest, George didn't need the extra help. He wasn't extraordinary like Arden, but he still exceeded expectations. Which was good enough for him.

"Great. And has anyone ever told you that your eyes resemble the universe?"

Arden opened her mouth slightly, furrowing her eyebrows and tilting her head. "Wh-what?"

George shrugged, "I'll explain later." He promised before focusing on his work, leaving the Ravenclaw beside him baffled.

When class finished, George offered to walk Arden up to the Ravenclaw tower. Reluctantly, Arden agreed. She wouldn't have if she wasn't itching for a friend.

"So," George trailed off.

For a moment, neither of the teens said anything as they walked. All you could hear was the snoring from the paintings and the loud steps courtesy of George and Arden.

"How do you do it?" Arden suddenly blurted.

George was obviously surprised. "Pardon?"

With a deep breath, Arden elaborated her question. "The pranks. How do you come up with them? It's a new prank every time and it obviously takes a lot of effort and balancing that on top of your schoolwork, Quidditch, family, and friends  must be a handful."

This time, George blinked twice. "Arden, it's really not that hard. Honestly, it's not that much either. I mean, you're in advanced everything so you have more work than I do. And you...no offense, you practically dedicate your life to schoolwork. It's not that big of a deal to me. And when things are stressful, Fred and I, we just put our pranks on hiatus."

Arden stayed quiet, walking in step with the taller boy beside her. "My life isn't dedicated to schoolwork." She grumbled. The Gryffindor raised an eyebrow at her and she rolled her eyes. "Okay, I admit that my studies are very important to me. But that doesn't mean I'm devoted to just studying. I have other hobbies."

"Oh yeah? Like what? Reading doesn't count because that's practically studying."

Muffled noises came out of Arden's mouth in result of her frustration. She was struggling to think of something that she enjoyed other than studying and reading.

"My point exactly." George grinned in satisfaction.

The Ravenclaw threw her hands up. "You're so ugh! I like other things, you noob."

"Noob? That's a new one." He laughed.

Before the two knew it, they were outside the Ravenclaw tower where a group of Ravenclaw students were gathered around, attempting to solve the riddle.

"Well isn't this a party." George joked sarcastically with amusement in his eyes.

Arden rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well this big of a group at this time of night means I probably won't be in bed till later in the morning, so go to your cozy Gryffindor Tower with your Fat Lady and password."

"Ooh, someone's a little bitter that my house's common room has easy access. Come on, Arden, you're smart! You'll figure it out. But for now, goodnight. I'm not trying to get caught after curfew, even if it's over a cute girl like you."

Again, Arden rolled her eyes. "Goodnight George, and stop flirting with me."

George chuckled. "Flirting? Never. Besides, you can't stop me."

"Alright," Arden sighed in mock defeat. "Just don't fall in love."

"Never." George repeated.

As the lanky, 6 foot boy walked away from Arden, he shook his head slightly and silently asked himself when he got so goddamn good at lying.

+

For the next week, George made a habit of walking Arden to her classes. And after their latest Astronomy class, he walked her to the tower again. He was beginning to spend a lot of time with her, often skipping out on hang outs with Fred and Lee. His excuse was always flirting with Beauxbatons girls but he swore flirting with them would be much easier than flirting with Arden. Hell, flirting with a dragon would probably be easier.

Arden wasn't familiar with the attention George was giving her. She was often overlooked and she ignored any attention given to her so letting George walk her to classes was a little strange for her.

She was so used to being alone all of the time that she was often surprised when George would plop down beside her and start a conversation on anything. He was just so carefree and comfortable and Arden admired that so she would always set her books to the side for George.

Of course, she didn't let the redhead in the way of her studies. The two did end up trading studying tips and helping each other with homework essays. It was a lot more fun than anyone would have expected and they really enjoyed themselves.

Unfortunately, before George could skip out on yet another hang out with the boys to study with Arden, his twin stopped him. "Bloody hell, George. How many hoes have you got? You're always flirting with those girls, haven't they gotten tired of you? Are you smashing them or something, is that why you keep ditching us for them?"

"Yeah mate, what happened to bros before hoes?" Lee chimed in. "And if you are getting some action, help your man out."

George just rolled his eyes. Hanging out with Arden has definitely impacted his attitude, so hearing Lee say "bros before hoes" kind of upset him. He sighed, staring at the two boys he called his best friends. "Listen, guys. They're not hoes, stop calling every girl that. It's gross and a derogatory remark. And it's not bros before hoes with me if you consider them hoes. Nothing is going on, I just like hanging out with them."

Fred stared at his twin with raised eyebrows. "You're not hanging out with the Beauxbatons girls." He finally said. George froze, silently panicking. "Who are you ditching us for?"

Before he could get interrogated any further, George picked his bag up and began walking away. "They're not hoes!" He shouted.

"Goddammit George just tell me who you're shagging!" Fred said loudly.

The younger twin just waved his hand in the air and then disappeared into the crowd of students.