023

"I THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT I FEEL LIKE I COULD SAY ANYTHING TO AND NOT GET JUDGED."

EVERYONE was in hysterics after Cedric Diggory's death. Even if you never spoke to the brown haired boy, you were affected by his untimely demise. Cedric was a kind man with a kind soul and even kinder words to offer. So for him to be murdered for trying to protect Harry was just an outrage. Unfortunately, not many believed that Voldemort had actually returned. It was controversial; few believed the Dark Lord rose again while the majority, whom were under the ministry's influence, believed it as a fluke. The ministry didn't want anyone to believe He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was back, they were in denial themselves despite the proof.

And so everyone who did believe decided to stick together. Arden never thought that meant an apology would come from Katie, Angelina, and Lee. The trio realised that they couldn't be so cold towards the girl without pushing away the Weasley twins. They also realised that they were being unreasonable; it wasn't like Arden had a choice on being incapable of loving.

The apology was short and sweet, however it still left Arden second guessing. Lee Jordan literally said he rather perform an Unforgivable Curse on himself than spend time with her even if their parents were dating. Katie and Angelina managed to be nicer, yet it was still noticeable that they were uncomfortable and were itching to ask questions to confirm their assumptions. The three knew not to underestimate Arden Gosse because not only was she capable of going off and defending herself fiercely, she had George on her side, and he would defend her to his grave. Not only was the redhead willing to bloody someone up in her defense, Levi Danford had literally hexed someone for her. So Arden wasn't easy to hurt, physically or mentally.

On the note of Levi, Arden still hadn't heard from him. She wrote countless letters yet she never got a reply. It clearly upset her, and Neil Gosse noticed the moment she stepped off the train.

George wanted Arden to meet his mother, so Neil watched as the tall ginger whisked her away towards a short woman with fiery hair and an equal fiery smile as she greeted the young woman with a hug.

"Oh, Arden dear, it's so lovely to meet you! George and Fred have told me so much about you. I hope they haven't caused too much trouble."

The young girl smiled and chuckled nervously, glancing at George briefly. She had recalled the time that the twins pranked Levi for four days straight and sent the poor seventh year running. The memory caused a slight frown to form on her face but she quickly cheered up for Molly Weasley's sake.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Weasley. The boys can definitely be a handful at times, but there's no one else I'd rather spend time studying with."

The twins sent Arden thankful nods at the mention of their studying because they knew it'd make their mother both happy and proud.

"Studying? You've got them to study? Oh Merlin, you're a miracle! Anyone who can get these two knuckleheads to study is good in my book. We hope you can swing by sometime, I'd love to have you around." The kind woman grinned.

The invitation surprised Arden and George both. Molly was always naturally welcoming but Arden didn't know that and George was just surprised his mum would invite Arden over just because she got them to study. "Of course, Mrs. Weasley. I've heard your cooking is heaven sent. But excuse me, I've really got to go now. My father is waiting for me." She smiled awkwardly.

"Oh! Of course! It was nice meeting you, dear. Cone over whenever, I'll be happy to have you over. George, be a gentleman and walk your girlfriend over there."

The two of them flushed red, shocked Molly Weasley would say such a thing. Arden couldn't believe that George told his mother about them. Of course, she didn't know that it was really Ginny who informed Mrs. Weasley. George had a very angry owl from Arden coming, though.

The two smiled uncomfortably at the redheaded woman before walking away, towards a tall brunet holding a briefcase.

He smiled when the two got closer and immediately Arden was pulled into his arms. "I've missed you, Lovebug!" The man gushed, squeezing his daughter tightly.

A laugh left Arden's mouth and made George's knees feel weak, but he knew now was not the time to be a lovestruck fool.

"I missed you too, Papa." Arden smiled. To anyone, it looked like the two had a lot of love for each other but unfortunately, that was never the case. "There's someone I'd like you to meet."

The man let go of Arden, turning to face the lanky boy who stood awkwardly beside them. "Uh, hello sir. I'm George Weasley."

George flinched when Neil raised his hand, but was relieved when he only slapped it down on his shoulder. "Yes, I've heard all about you. I wanted to say thank you, for being a friend to my Ardy and defending her against all the rubbish those ruthless kids have got to say. And for everything else you've done for her. You're a good man, Weasley. There's no one else I'd rather have my daughter befriend."

Again, the two blushed and shared awkward glances. "Alright, um, write to me this summer?" Arden smiled.

The freckled boy nodded, a sheepish grin forming on his face. "Of course, Arden. If you thought you were getting a Weasley-free summer, you were dead wrong."

After bidding each other goodbye, the Gosse family got in a black car and drove away, discussing the school year and summer plans. Once again, Arden was unaware of the events that would happen later in the season.

hello! i hope you guys are enjoying this story as much as i am :) i also hope you're not bothered by perrie's appearances in this book.

i have a favour to ask all of you! will you please go read 'twitter' on @daddybellamy it's a cedric fanfic and i really like writing it :)