Pen Pal Project [Alex Gaskart...

By TigerChick_

Fifteen year old Charlia has to do a class project. The project? Correspond to a pen pal. Thinking that it wo... More

Pen Pal Project
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Twenty Three

1.7K 73 11
By TigerChick_

October 31st

Spending Halloween with All Time Low was certainly different for me.

I'd only ever gone trick or treating till I got too old to do it and ended up helping the older kids taking out the younder ones.

"Tour Halloween party!" Jack's shout woke me up and I groaned.

"Jack, shut the fuck up or I'm gonna shove a bottle of vodka up your ass." I yelled, letting my head fall back onto the pillow.

I could hear his giggle before it went quiet and instantly I knew something was up, but by that point I was too tired to care. So I simply rolled over, having my back facing the curtain, and simply focused on falling back asleep.

That plan was ruined when my curtain was ripped back and a loud horn blared, earning a shriek from me, as well as multiple curse words from the others in the bunk area.

Rolling over to face him, I grabbed the horn and whacked Jack twice before he moved too far to reach, so I pulled the horn into my bunk, pulling the curtain shut. This earned a whine.

"C'mon Charlia!"

"Fuck off."

"I was only playing..."

"Jack I swear to god, I will beat you with this fucking horn then shove it so far up your ass you'll be making fucking horn sounds every time you open your mouth for the next fucking week. Go back to sleep you asshole." By this point I could hear the others laughing as Jack stormed away from the bunk area.

"Back down Jacko. She's grumpy when woken up. And I do not want to deal with her being in a foul mood." Alex warned his best friend and it finally went silent aide from a few feet shuffling.

I didn't remember falling back asleep, but I was being shaken gently.

"Hey kiddo. You feeling better?" I shifted around so that I could see Alex. Despite how sleepy I felt and probably looked, my body felt like it was on fire.

"I need a cold shower. I'm having a hot flush again." I carefully sat up, letting the covers fall off me and he pulled me out.

"I'll stick some towels in the bathroom, go have a shower and I'll make you food. You can come to the venue when we're done?"

"Is everyone gone?"

"Yeah, they went into the venue already. Now Rian and Jack are doing an interview and Zack is just going around and taking photos." He shrugged and I kissed his cheek.

"Sorry I kept you waiting."

"It's my job to wait or you kiddo, now move that small butt. I'll cook some decent food." I grinned as I went to get an outfit for today's show and as I walked back past Alex, he handed me a couple of towels.

By the time I had fully cooled down and I was dressed in my outfit, the pair of us were sat eating lunch, considering I'd slept right through breakfast.

"So what are you gonna do today then kiddo?" I grinned at Alex before shrugging.

"I'm gonna Skype Cali later. Probably whilst you guys soundcheck." I muttered between bites and he chuckled.

"What about tonight, you gonna join our Halloween party?"

"Am I allowed to drink?" I shot back and he snoted.

"No chance. You're under eighteen." I pouted as he laughed at me. "I might be reckless, but I'm not irresponsible."

"That should never come out of your mouth again, considering you left me with Jack who was drunk and proceeded to strip butt naked and run around the venue." I countered.

"Point." I smirked as he sighed and rolled his eyes. "One beer. How does that sound?"

"I'll just steal from you every now and then." He paused before nodding.

"That sounds fair. I won't be drinking much because we're going out tomorrow." I stared at Alex in confusion and he grinned before his phone buzzed and he stood up, stretching out before leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead. "Soundcheck. We'll be back later kiddo."

I waved as he left before scrambling to get the laptop, setting up in my bunk, I clicked on Skype and instantly Cali's name popped up with a video call.

Accepting it, I grinned into the camera and waved.

"You are not going to believe this oh my god.." I giggled as she launched into what had happened when I left.

By the time I had said goodbye to Cali and Fletch who had appeared mid conversation, the guys were back from soundcheck and making a lot of noise in the front lounge.

Pushing the door open, I rolled my eyes at the sight before me. Jack was parading around in a mankini which barely covered him.

"What was that about being a responsible adult?" Alex laughed at my remark as I sat next to him, hiding my face in his shoulder. "Please tell me his costume has more, uh, clothes and less skin?"

"Hell no!"

Everyone laughed before Matt called for the group to get ready for the doors to open.

On that, I called dibs on the bathroom and grabbed my outfit to change into. Pulling on the bright orange wig I got changed into Hayley's Misery Business outfit before doing the orange and yellow eye makeup that Cass had taught me. .

"What do you think?"

"I think Hayley has a competition on her hands." Alex laughed and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Well who are you meant to be?"

"Sierra Kusterbeck." He shrugged and I snorted out a giggle.

"Okay then rockstar. C'mon, photo." I waved my phone and he grinned and opened his arms out to me.

I sat on his lap without hesitation and he rested his head on my shoulder as I took a few selfies with him, some with a stupid face, others with both of us pouting.

Then my phone buzzed and I looked up to see everyone look away from me and Alex.

'@riandawson: @CharliaCat and @AlexAllTimeLow snapping Halloween selfies together. Nothing can beat this cute sight.'

Attatched was a photo of both of us grinning at my phone and I grinned.

"Thanks Ri."

"What can I say? You two can be incredibly adorable and I think you actually put Cass and I to shame."

"You don't need to think on that one, we know they can put you to shame." Zack piped up and everyone started laughing.

"Doors open in an hour. Get off the bus." Matt shouted and I grumbled at him as we all made our way off the bus. I made sure I had my phone with me as I tweeted the photo.

'@CharliaCat: Have you met @yelyahwilliams and @SierraKay @AlexAllTimeLow???'

I found an arm slung around my shoulderr and looked up to find Danny grinning.

"You're helping me out tonight. Does that sound good?"

"If you get me out on stage I will murder you." I warned and I onlly got a smug smirk in return.

Helping Danny out was certainly something different. I did have to go out on stage a few times to change Alex's guitar. But thankfully, he didn't force me to stop or anything. He just kissed my forehead in thanks, making me blush furiously when the crowd started etting excited.

The Hustlers, true to form, had all dressed up for the Halloween show. It was incredible to see so many people dressed up. An by the looks and sounds of it, they were each enjoying every moment.

By the time the show was over, we headed out back to a waiting taxi and I gave Alex a look of confusion.

"The party is elsewhere." He smirked and I rolled my eyes before going back to my phone. I nearly droped it in shock when I realised that Hayley had replied to my tweet.

'@yelyahwilliams: @CharliaCat @SierraKay @AlexAllTimeLow looks like i have my own mini me, who might actually be the same height as me!'

I showed Alex the tweet and he laughed.

"How about we take a trip to Nashville when you go on break next year?" Automatically, I felt my stomach drop.

"Am I gonna be strong enough?"

"You're a fighter. And if you aren't, we can ask certain people to visit. Don't let this cloud your mind little bird." He wrapped a comforting arm arounf my shoulder and I simple sat there, letting my mind mull over his words and the possibilities.

That was when I decided, cancer was the biggest jerk for being like this.

I hope you're all safe and well and just doing well.

This chapter is dedicated to my little sister who started University this week. I'm so so proud of her :)

(Also, go check out keep_the_secret's newest story prologue! I'm in love with it already!)

vote & comment!

peace, love n tiger stuff xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841 61 15
DISCLAIMER: In almost ALL chapters- Self Harm, suicidal thoughts, mental illness, smut...If any of this bothers you, be careful reading it please. A...
35.9K 1.5K 38
"Lucas I think she spiked your drink with drug.. I don't know should I be happy that her plan failed and you slept with another girl by mistake o...
9.4K 1.1K 129
This story is my happy place; I do not plan on ever finishing it. It will go on and on like a soapie. Might break it up into volumes later. "Grab a b...
12K 632 28
Cognizant: Alive; Aware. ~ "And in real life, endings aren't always neat, whether they're happy endings, or whether they're sad endings." -Stephen Ki...