We're Still Here - Captain Am...

By DrearyWinterDreams

She was a waitress, he was an artist. He was a soldier, she was an assassin. Lucy Stark was the cousin of the... More

1. A Dash Of Cinnamon
2. The Diner Dame
3. That's Ten Percent
4. America's New Hope
5. 325575
6. We Swear
7. Next Saturday
8. The World Was At War
9. The Doctor, The Soldier, and The Genius
10. Suit Up
11. I've Seen Worse
12. Don't Do Anything Stupid
13. My Fiancé
14. Y-E-S Spells Yes
15. The Winter Soldier
16. The Price of Freedom's High
17. The Aftermath
18. The Sketch
19. Worthy
20. No Such Thing As Peace
21. The Kid With The Potato Gun
22. Leaving Tennessee
23. Escape
24. It's Been a While
25. Hacked
26. Will The Circle Be Unbroken?
27. The New Mission
28. Off To Sokovia We Go
29. I Can't Think
30. Stop Being A Hero
31. What's Wrong With Me?
32. I Had Strings
34. He's a Sickness
35. Truth
36. Familial Love
37. Seoul

33. What is This?

1.9K 49 7
By DrearyWinterDreams

The Stark woman walked over to the computer to figure out what happened to Jarvis while her cousin was out of the room getting Harley.

Lucy found Jarvis in an underground network, his true self, hiding, scared. As scared as an Artificial Intelligence could get. The girl showed an emotion on her face - she was frightened? No. She was worried. The AI seemed lost, not really remembering his true self. Tony returned to the room with the golden haired boy.

"I figure it would be best for him to know everything," the billionaire spoke. Lucy moved away from the computer and grabbed a small transparent screen that was like a remote for holograms. Tony walked over to the computer Lucy was just at.

"So Ultron killed a guy," Steve spoke. "But there was no one else in the building besides Harley."

"Yes there was," Lucy answered. She made a hologram appear in the middle of the room. The sphere that was once Jarvis was now broken into different pieces. Lucy regretfully looked to her cousin as he stared at the orange mess. Bruce began to walk toward it in shock, Harley did the same.

"Do you know what happened to him?" the kid questioned.

"Ultron."

"This is insane," Bruce spoke. "Why Jarvis?"

"Ultron could easily get into the mainframe and destroy the system. That is if he's as powerful as you made him be, Tony."

The scientist looked at his cousin, all thoughts of their earlier fight lost, "I upgraded the system before creating him. He was meant to be stronger than Jarvis."

"Jarvis is hiding in an underground network when I tried to see what happened to him. He's scared, Tony. And he's lost -- but not completely gone."

"Of course he would be scared," Bruce spoke still staring at the broken sphere. "Imagine a robot with a human mind, and higher intelligence than you, try to kill you. Try to erase you from existence. Wouldn't you be scared?"

"Bruce, he almost threw her out a window," Clint spoke. "You'd think that would be enough to get scared."

"Not almost -- he did."

Maria spoke up, "But why would he go after her? Lucy isn't any different than the rest of us."

Thor had stormed into the room but slowly stopped when he heard what Maria had said, but knowing Lucy's secret, he ignored it and continued walking. He passed by the brunette woman and over to Tony, yet again, lifting him into the air like he had done back in September, but this time clearly ready to start a bout with the scientist.

Lucy pinched the bridge of her nose as Clint spoke up, "Words, Thor. Not hands." The Asgardian put the scientist back on his feet.

"What was that for?" Tony quietly questioned.

"He took the scepter," Thor stated before looking to Maria. "And why wouldn't he go after Lucy?"

"Thor," Lucy spoke warningly causing him to think.

"That topic can be discussed later. I followed the Sentient carrying the scepter and they seem to be heading East." This caused Tony to think.

"How do we get him?" Natasha questioned.

"Together," Steve spoke.

"Doesn't seem like you would be too keen on working with a group, Rogers," Tony said.

Lucy looked at her cousin, hands clasped together, "Or that could just be you speaking." Tony glared at the woman.

"Don't even think about it."

"I'm not, and I won't. I don't want to fight with you anymore. And I don't want you fighting with Steve either. You'll be the cause to a civil war between you both." Tony didn't say a word. The last thing he would want is a fight between him and Steve. And he didn't want the rest involved, let alone his cousin. But no matter how much he cared for her, she was now dangerous to the group and herself.

"Do you know which exact direction eastward they were heading?" Clint asked Thor as the two cousins didn't say another word.

"No," Thor replied. Tony walked out of the room, not bothering to engage in anymore conversation.

The Avengers and Harley left the lab as Helen stayed behind to help Maria with her foot. The group separated and did their own things before they gathered in a room that had dark colored walls, but looked comforting. Lucy hadn't seen it before. She noticed two posters on the wall; One of Steve, the other of her. The Captain's being from when he was selling war bonds, Lucy's from when she had first become Lady Liberty. She noticed a pedestal which held what looked to be an old Roman styled vambrace for a person's forearm. On the wall above it was an old black and white picture of a woman. She tried glancing at the woman's facial features, but the sudden voice of Thor broke her train of thought.

"What's this?" he questioned. The Agent turned and saw as he held a tablet which he soon shoved toward Tony.

"A message," Steve replied. "Ultron killed Strucker."

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony stated.

"This is a smokescreen," Lucy said as she walked over to the group. "Why send a message when you've just given us a speech?"

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve replied.

Natasha began doing a scan on the computer, "I bet he... Yep. Everything we have on Strucker has been erased."

"Not everything," Tony quietly spoke before he walked over to a cabinet. He pulled out boxes and set them on the desk, each Avenger began looking through them. Harley, who was in the room, helped. Tony flipped through some papers, "Known associates..."

"Strucker had a lot of friends," Steve said as he watched Thor throw unnecessary files off to the side.

"Well, these people are all horrible," Bruce spoke as he looked at a file.

Tony stopped him, "Wait. I know that guy. Back in the day he operates off the African coast of black market arms." Tony looked at Steve as he gave him a look disbelief. "There are conventions, alright? Many people, I didn't sell him anything. But he was talking about something new - A game changer. It was all very... eh." Thor and Steve became interested in a picture on the file picture. Lucy caught on as she moved to stand between the two.

"This?" Thor inquired pointing to a marking on the man's neck.

Tony looked at the picture, "Must be a new tattoo. I don't think he had it."

"No, those are tattoos, that is a brand."

"It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way," Bruce stated.

"What dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wakanada. W- Wa- Wakanda."

Tony looked to Steve and kept a low voice, "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some trade bids-"

"I thought your father said he got the last of it?" Steve questioned looking from Tony to Lucy knowing well she knew Howard better than he and Tony did.

Bruce stood and walked over, "I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?"

"The strongest metal on Earth," Lucy spoke up as Steve looked back to his shield leaning against a table.

Steve turned to look at Tony, "Where is this guy now?" Tony informed everyone the location of the man, Ulysses Klaue, before they began to leave the room. Lucy walked back to the picture and display, Harley following. Tony noticed and walked over to the woman as she stared back at the picture again. Tracing the woman's facial features with her eyes, she realized how familiar they were to her. The woman's dark hair wasn't a big mystery added. Lucy could sense Tony's presence in the room. She moved her gaze to the vambrace sitting on the pedestal.

"What is this?" the Agent questioned. Tony made his way over to the little type of shrine and took the vambrace, turning it over to reveal two prongs that looked like knives but weren't as sharp as they seemed.

"Guess you could call it a hidden blade," he replied pressing a small button on the device. "That can also shock people. It was used to stun them. And it uh.. belonged to-"

"My mother." Lucy swallowed hard. Harley stood quietly as he watched her hands clench. "What do you know about my mother?" The question didn't sound like Lucy really wanted to know, and her voice was filled with such venom it would kill instantly. Since her mother left leaving her Uncle to take her in and away from his drunkard of a brother who happened to be Lucy's father. The woman felt like her family was messed up after the event, and having been too young to understand the situation, believed her mother gave up on family. She hadn't fully accepted the fact her mother left them without a reason, and the fact Loki - and now Tony - brought up the subject of other mother wasn't helping much with her already tense nerves.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. has files on her. And dad told me what he could about her when he was able to tolerate me." Tony's gaze went to the hidden blade and stayed there as he turned the electric bolts off. "She was an assassin during the first World War, like you during the second. Guess it's in your blood." Lucy's face softened before looking to the picture on the wall. "I would bring up the files for you but we need to head out." The scientist put the blade in Lucy's hand causing her to look at him with confusion. "You can keep it. It's been modified so it doesn't seem like a hunk of scrap metal. It'll help if you end up losing the shield. Just think of it as my apology for fighting with you." Tony walked out of the room leaving Lucy examining the blade and Harley standing quietly next to her.

"I can look up the files for you," the kid suggested. The twenty-nine year-old smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

"Thanks, Harley."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
451K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
120K 4.2K 95
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
219K 5.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...