Mulan (More Than a Story Book...

By trueblue132

"NEXT!" Called the man sitting at the registration table. Looks like thats me... "Name." He drawled. "Uh~" O... More

Authors Note
Please Bring Honor To Us All
Reflection
The Fa Family
Transformation
General Shang
What Kind of Name is Ping?
Wade in the Water
Be a Man
A Girl Worth Fighting For
A Girl Who Can Fight
A Drunk Man's Lament
Prepare For Combat
Shan Yu
In the Dark of the Night
Prove It
Wake Up Call
My Pa pa
Best Served Cold
Avalanche
A Life for a Life
What a Chase
The Final Battle
Returning Home
Happiness
Epilogue

Golden Memories

2K 88 7
By trueblue132

(Tadashi's POV)

After I walked away from Mulan, my mind started turning in circles. It took me a good few hours to realize the mistake I made. How could I just leave her like that? She needs me to protect her. I started skimming the crowd to find her whereabouts and saw her squished in between the loud carefree group of our friends. Mulan kept her head down, but she made sure she didn't stray too far from anyone else.

She'll be alright I thought to myself. Especially since Shang has grown to like her.

I frown to myself. Its not like Shang could have known what he's doing, but he's leading her on. She is falling for him and he will never see her that way because as far as he knows, she's a man. If Mulan was actually my sister, I would forbid her from seeing him for her own good. Not only is she deceiving herself, but Shang too.

I was plagued with these thoughts for the whole day. When the Captain finally announced that we would be resting here for the night, I absent mindedly made my bed mat like everyone else.

When everyone settled down, I looked around at them all. I could easily spot Mulan snugged in between Poe and Li because of how scares we were. A grand majority of our soldiers were wounded and sent to the Palace to watch over the Emperor and the royal family. Most Generals would have taken the risked of taking all his living soldiers into battle despite the wounds, but Shang's decision proves he is a caring leader and make decisions in everyone's best interest. I would never admit it out loud but he was a very considerate leader and if things were different, he would probably make a fine husband for Mulan.

But his leadership skills didn't make this situation any less stressful. The Hun army is enormous! How could we ever stand a chance against them?

I sighed and tried to force myself to go to sleep. I couldn't find any peace so I let my mind drift off to what I called my "happy place."

"Is this for me?" Jun-Li asked with a bright smile lifting her porcelain cheeks.

"Uh-huh." I grabbed her waist and turned her around gently toward the only mirror we owned. I fastened the golden chain around her dainty neck. When I was done, I traced the curve of her back  with my finger down  to her hips and she let out a little giggle. I wrapped my arms loving around her as I met her eyes in the mirror.

The necklace seemed to make her chocolate eyes shine brighter, and it went perfectly with her beautiful white dress. The golden chain caught gleams of light as it led to the beautiful heart shaped locket that rested perfectly right above her cleavage. It had intricate swirls embroidered into the metal. It was a modest but beautiful piece, and anyone could tell it was very well made. It reminded me of my beautiful yet humble wife of mine. Moving her long hair out of the way, I rested my head in the crock of her neck. "You look beautiful." I murmured.  

She lifted an arched eyebrow while trying to smother her growing smirk. "Who are you and what have you done with Tadashi." I threw my head back as I laughed. I knew she was giving me a hard time because I never bought such expensive things. 

"I just thought you deserved something that looks as beautiful as you."

"Are you trying to woo me my good sir?" She turned in my arms so she was now facing me. "Well it won't work. My heart belongs to another"

I faked a gasp. "But my lady, my heart beats for only you. Without your love, my life has no meaning!"

She broke from my embrace and swished her hips as she walked away. "Sorry, your too late. Now you must leave, my husband will be home soon."

I ran to catch her before she ran away and tickled her sides. She squirmed to get out of my embrace but I wouldn't let go. "Fine!" She gasped out. "You can stay!" I stopped tickling her and looked her in the eye.

"Say you love me." I whispered lowly.

She leaned in close, craning her neck to look up at me face. "I already said that yesterday." I jabbed my finger in her side and she laughed again. "Okay, okay....I love you." She pulled me down by my neck into a sweet, intimate kiss. 

I was ripped from my memories by the annoying pain in my shoulder.
I decided to go for a walk because  I needed to walk off the pain. Quickly, I stuffed my knife in my pants and covered it with my shirt, just in case.

Tonight seemed especially cold. The dead leaves under my feet make a satisfying crunch with every step I take. I was trying to remember the stretching exercises the nurse taught me when she casted my arm last week.

"You should really put some ice on that?" I heard a smooth deep voice call out. I whipped my head around and was face with a dark shadow of a man. Even as tall as I am, he stood a few inches taller.

My eyes grew wide and I was frozen in fear. The figure smiled wickedly at me and I felt someone reach around me from behind and tied both my arms behind my back, and another pair of hands held a knife to my neck. The pain that was shooting through my body from my injured shoulder weakened me and no matter how hard I struggled, he was still able to detain me.

I was pushed down on the ground and was forced to look up pitifully. It was too dark to see much details but I had just enough light to see the evil glint in his yellow eyes.

He laughed as he bent down and lifted up my shirt. My eyes grew wide in shock as he pulled out my knife that was poking out of my pants. "Is this for me?" He examined the weapon. "Aww, you shouldn't have." He wiped it off before tucking it into his own belt. "But I was expecting a much better present. Where is this, Mulan I keep hearing about. She did get my message didn't she?"

I was silently glaring up at him until one of his henchmen kicked me in the stomach. The lifted me up by my arms and it caused more pain to shoot through me. "Don't you have manners?" Shaun Yu asked sarcastically. "I asked where Mulan is, but that is out of politeness. She could be anywhere in this country and I would know her whereabouts. She has...captured my interest." I didn't do anything but spit out the blood that filled my mouth." I mean, how am I supposed to believe that she really exists? Its almost too funny to be true. A woman, pretending to be a trained soldier." He made a gesture to his chest. "Logically, you would think there would be certain things to prevent that."

He walked around me slowly with his hands behind his back. "Tell me Tadashi, is she as pretty as my spies describe her?"

"Do you really believe she actually exists?" I craned my neck to look at him. "Obviously your men were hallucinating. They just miss the company of a woman."

"But you don't, do you?" He responded.
"Im sure you two enjoy sharing that secret together."

I shook my head. "Of course not. Im married. Even if I wasn't, there is no Mulan." I started looking around for something to defend myself with.

He looked at me as if he remembered something important. He waged his finger as he walked closer. "Ohh. I thought you looked familiar." He pulled something from his furry armor and lifted it up into the silver moon light. It's golden chain twirled and gleamed as it dangled from Shaun Yu's oversized hand, leading to a perfectly shaped heart with a swirl design engraved in it.

"Where did you get that?!" An uncontrollable rage ripped through me.

"While I was in this village not to long ago, I ransacked this humble cottage that didn't have very much treasure for me to take. All I found was a frightened woman who hid herself in the corner of her house, clutching a picture frame." He laughed slightly.  "As if the portrait could do anything. Woman could be such silly creatures." He eyed the dangling necklace carefully. "Guessing by the hate in your eyes my suspicion was right. That was you in the portrait, wasn't it. She was your wife."

"What did you do to her?!" I demanded.

He smiled wickedly. "I rather not say. I enjoy leaving  people to their own imagination." I was so angry, I could barely see, but all my other senses were heightened. "But she was wearing this necklace when I found her. It was the only thing actually worth something in that house."

"You bastard!" I ignored the pain in my shoulder and broke free of my attackers. I used my good arm to pull the blade out of one of their belts. In one quickly slash, I stabbed him right in his chest. Before I could rip the blade out of his corpse, the other attacker grabbed my left arm and pulled with all his might. The pain was too much for me and I let out a scream. No matter how hard I tried to focus myself, I seemed to be glued to my spot. My attacker brought his heavy boot down onto my ankle. I heard a snap before I felt the pain as I fell to my knees. One final blow to my stomach knocked me completely on my side, gasping for air.

Shaun Yu moved to stand over top of me. He studied me as I squirmed and moaned on the ground. My body was wounded, but nothing was hurt as badly as my pride. I closed my eyes and mumbled to myself pathetically "Im sorry Jun-Li, Im coming! Hold on, Im coming." over and over again.

The attacker raised his sword high over his head, but Shaun Yu stopped him. "You go, I'll finish him off." He commanded, turning his attention on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 1.8K 45
NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE LIVE-ACTION MULAN! Editing in Progress Excerpt: As Shang watched, a small dark head shot out of the water downstream of the s...
198K 3.1K 85
Su Yu had loved Bo Yunian for five years. She did not hesitate to break off all ties with her family to marry him. However, once Grandpa Bo passed aw...
His Servant By HI!

Historical Fiction

1.4M 64.5K 46
Highest rank #1 in Historical "That's enough." He said. "Let her go!" His voice came sharp as steel and in command. The man let go and I almost fell...
54.1K 1.5K 10
Male! Fa Mulan! [1998/2020] Book 3 " My ideal woman is courageous. She has a good sense of humor. She's also smart. " Y/n L/n is the eldest daughter...