The Avalon Institute For Supe...

By KrazyObsession

I'm so not normal. I'm an Empath. I feel emotions of others. I'm apparently a very rare category of ''Superna... More

Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Chapter 2: Million Miles Away
Chapter 3: My Angel
Chapter 4: More Than Anyone Else
Chapter 5: Under My Skin
Chapter 6: A Reason
Chapter 7: First Promise
Chapter 8: Date Night
Chapter 9: His First Compromise
Chapter 10: His First Gift
Chapter 11: A Small Insight
Chapter 12: No Such Thing
Chapter 13: Platinum Surprises
Chapter 14: My First Thrust
Chapter 15: Land Of No Tears
Chapter 16: Letters Speak Louder
Chapter 17: Meet The Parents
Chapter 18: Pictures In His Head
Chapter 19: The Promise
Chapter 20: The Confession
Chapter 21: The Meeting and Sara's Torture Machine
Chapter 22: High On You
Chapter 23: Time to S.I.N.G
Chapter 24: His Petting And My Decision
Chapter 25: Remy
Chapter 26: Recently Acquired
Chapter 27: Uncommitted
Chapter 28: Miracle
Chapter 29: If It Came Down To That
Chapter 30: The Truth
Chapter 31: The Blunder
Chapter 32: The Revelation
Chapter 33: Unexpected Happenings
Chapter 34: Asking For Normal Is Too Much
Chapter 35: Don't Cry For Me
Chapter 37: Perfect
Epilogue: Eight Years Later

Chapter 36: As Long As

8.9K 518 21
By KrazyObsession

Truth is stranger than fiction

-Sadly I do not know who said this

Okay, this chapter starts right where the previous chappy ends. So if you wanna brush up with what happened before, go ahead, we'll wait for you.

Aaand enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nathan..." I said.

He shook his head and I stopped, realising he had more to say.

"My mother told me two things that day. One, was that I would be the death of the ones I love and the ones who love me and two, she would do her best to see that it came true."

I licked my lips, realising why all this had come rushing out.

"You think that me being kidnapped was your fault." I said in a flat tone.

He stood up from the bed and paced in front of me, running his hands through his now damp hair.

"You told me she had feelings for me-" he spat out like he was disgusted to even be saying it.

"She was-is-crazy, Nathan. She wanted revenge. The woman called me a parasite for Christ's sake!" I said, exasperated.

Nathan's nostrils flared, his eyes shut and he let out a breath.

"Nathan Stripe." I said, my voice coming out hard and unyielding.

His glowing eyes snapped up to meet mine and a growl escaped from him at my tone.

Containing a smirk at having distracted him, I narrowed my eyes at him, daring him to say something.

"Don't order me around, I'm the Alpha." He growled at me, his eyes still glowing, but I could see the playfulness in them.

I tilted my chin up, defiantly.

"Make me stop." I said.

When he crouched, I felt his tiger take control seconds before the lurched at me and shifted mid air.

I managed to scramble off the bed in time, but Nathan's green eyes traced my movements through the body of a tiger.

I smiled.

"Here kitty kitty..." I goaded.

Nathan bared his teeth in a feral grin, as he leaped off the bed and we circled each other.

I would know the second he decided to leap and would just narrowly miss being caught.

Then, looking into his green glowing eyes...I realized both my mate and I were safe and alive and I loved him more than life itself.

I dropped down to my knees and spread my arms open for him.

He'd been advancing to me when he stopped, one paw in the air halted in mid step. He cocked his head.

I held position, waiting for him to come to me.

He took slow steps to me, like he wasn't sure whether this was a trick.

"What am I going to do, pull your tail?" I asked, rolling my eyes "Come here already."

He leisurely strolled to me, like he had all the time in the world. When he came to me, I wrapped my arms around him with his neck rested against my shoulder. I rubbed my fingers into his fur as he settled his sexy butt on the floor and flicked his tail contentedly back and forth.

I caught his tail and pulled gently on it, just 'cause I could. He growled a little, but there was no heat behind it.

I smiled as I leaned back, pressed my hands to his face and rubbed his nose against mine.

He huffed and settled his head against my lap, one paw on my thigh and the other on the floor.

"I miracle you so much." I whispered to him, resting my cheek against his head.

He purred beneath me and I smiled.

--

--

Thirteen minutes later, I was sprawled on the floor messing with Nathan's phone with Nathan sitting really close to me, meticulously licking his paw.

Three seconds later, Nathan's head snapped up, his canines showing as he growled and started for the door.

When I heard a knock, I went to the door and opened it without fear. I could smell Grey (I don't think I'm going to get over how weird that sounded) on the other side.

Nathan nudged me aside and used his paw to open the door and crouched, growling at Grey.

When Grey dropped down on one leg and dropped his head in submission, Nathan relaxed and sniffed Grey before moving back and letting him in.

I raised an eyebrow at Grey who threw me a warning look. Grey walked to practically the other end of the room and I sighed.

"Really? I played Angry Birds on your phone. There's no closer two friends can get." I said seriously to Grey.

His lips twitched in a grin but he looked at Nathan and said.

"Sir, there have been some orders from the Council."

Nathan just continued to look at Grey, as though waiting for a punch line or something.

Attempting (and failing) to hold in a grin, Grey said "So if you'd shift.."

Nathan growled, and I realized to shift he'd have to go into the closet so he can wear something ...leaving me alone with Grey.

I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously?" I growled at Nate.

Grey, without looking anywhere in my direction, said "It's normal for the male Shifter to behave this way after the Marking."

'This way'? What, like a crack pot?

I must have had a please-stop-talking-or-I'm-going-to-punch-you-in-the-face look on my face, because neither of the boys said anything to me, they just stared at me like total creepers.

"What?" I asked.

Nathan did a weird shrug/snort and my eyes widened as I realized my mate was throwing caution in the air and shifting right..in...front...of...me.

Oh. My. God.

I squealed and turned around, stupidly shutting my eyes as well.

Why am I shutting my eyes? I've already turned around. It's not like I'm going to see any damn thing.

Blood was rushing past my ears in embarrassment and I didn't even listen to what the boys were saying.

Stupid.

I should be awarded some medal for being this lame. And a cup. I've always loved cups.

When I felt Nathan, press his front to my back I muttered.

"If you aren't wearing anything I will just-"

Nathan snorted "Please you won't even turn around and look at me, I don't know why you're threatening me. They're moot threats anyway."

Offended, I turned and smacked him on the chest (he was dressed, thank you God). Well..half-dressed but whatever, beggars can't be choosers.

But before I could reprimand him, he started to speak.

"We definitely have a meet with the Council and you can't get out of it this time." He said.

I frowned. "Who said I wanted to get out of it last time?" I asked.

Nathan raised an eyebrow at me and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Okay, so I wanted to get out of it last time. The hell if I'm going to accept it when he points it out.

I lifted my chin defiantly.

Go ahead, tell me I'm lying.

He snorted in response and turned to go to the bed. He had low hung jeans on and it was very hard to concentrate on anything else.

"Stop checking me out and come sleep." Nathan murmured as soon as he hit the bed.

I sighed.

That guy had eyes behind his head, I swear.

I walked up to him slowly and joined him on the other side, then I ripped the comforter from him because well...because I could. He laughed, snuggled closer to me and wrapped the comforter around the both of us. 

Can't complain about that, I thought as my lids drifted shut and Nathan's breathing evened out and lulled me to sleep.

--

--

I don't know what woke me up until I heard Nathan take a sharp inhale behind me. My eyes widened as I turned around and looked at Nate.

He was sweating and breathing hard and behind his closed lids his eyes were moving restlessly.

Placing a hand on his cheek, I waited for him to settle, then when nothing happened, I pulled him into a hug murmuring reassuring words into ears  

Somehow he didn't wake up, however he settled, lying heavily on me and letting out a breath of relief.

I checked again to see if he'd gotten up. No, he was still asleep, his head on my shoulder with his forehead pressed against my neck. His hand was around me and his leg was over both of mine. I swept my hand over his brow, wiping away the sweat gathered there. I sighed.

What time was it?

Then, I remembered something. I remembered where I heard the word Rogue Shifter.

Yes. Sophie, one of Nathan's packmates, had mentioned it to me. I racked my brain for a specific word she'd used.

Something with a..M?

Yes! MARC!

An agency of something that was attempting to find a cure for Rogue Shifters.

My heart melted. Despite the fact that a Rogue had ruined his childhood, Nathan was attempting to help them.

I don't think it was possible to love someone more than I loved Nathan right now.

I pressed a kiss to his forehead and he let out a low sound. Then tangling his hand in my hair, he lifted himself up to press his lips to mine.

"I can hear you thinking," he murmured, his voice thick from sleep.

I scowled.

"I don't think that loud." I said, pouting.

Nipping my lip, he said "Yes, yes you do."

"Yeah well you snore." I grumbled.

"You fart." He said.

When I let out a horrified gasp and look at him, he grins mischievously. I was ready to smack him when he pulled me against him, so that I was lying on my side, like him, and pressed against him.

He rubbed his hands down my back and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I know about MARC." I murmured.

"Who the ~bleep~ is Mark?" Nathan asked, his hands tightening around me.

I blinked, then reared back to look at him. He just swore. Aaand his eyes were green-black

"Not m-a-r-k," I said, spelling it out "m-a-r-c."

His eyes went back to a happy green again. I raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged.

"What about it?" he asked.

Was he going to act like it's no big deal?

"Nothing," I said "I'm just..."

I paused wondering how to put my thoughts into words.

"Just..?" He asked.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"I'm just very proud of you." I said.

He stilled, eyes glowing. Before he preened.

"Really?" He asked.

"Really." I said.

He pressed his palms to my cheeks.

"Well I'm fudging proud of you too." He said.

Except he didn't say fudging; but I bet you already know that.

Nathan's eyes were shining with pride just like, I'm sure, mine were too.

"I'd be even more proud if I don't have to drag you to the meet with the Council." He added.

I groaned.

"Indy.." He said, throwing me a meaningful look.

I pouted. "Fine. But you're telling your mom about us."

He paused for a second looking at me, deep in thought.

He nodded once, fast.

I grinned.

Good, now he would dread the meeting as much as I did.

"She can't touch me." I said, cupping his cheek.

He raised his eyebrows "How so?"

"Because I'm kick-ass," then pretending to think about it, I added "and you're not too bad yourself." 

He threw me a look that said I was going to pay for that. Three seconds later I couldn't breathe because he was ticking the life out of me. I writhed and begged and wiggled but to no avail. He was merciless and I didn't mind at all; as long as he had that smile on his face...as long as he kept looking at me like that.

As long as we were together, I didn't give a fudge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clears throat. Okay, there's still like two (maaaaaybe three) chapters left and acknowledgements (<--- this right here? Yeah. It's going to be about you awesome peeps out there) and then AISB is officially over with. *wipes tears from eyes* Anyway. I hoped you liked that and I didn't update like super late did I? I was a good girl this time right? Yes? Is that a yes? 

Santa? Hey. Hi. I deserve some presents this Christmas. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 11.4K 62
The human world is long gone and is now controlled by the vampire race. Humans with money can live a peaceful life while the poor decide to sell thei...
536K 17.7K 60
A horse ranch. That's where I lived at least. I know, not very exciting to those of you who don't care for this life or think it's all about work. Bu...
30 5 41
The world is screwed up place. Everyone in it just wants peace when it isn't promised to nobody. We work for ourselves to try to improve our ways of...
93 15 5
My name is Rayne and I've always been alone in life. Except for him... The Demon that watches me in the night. Reavers are ruthless, blood thirsty cr...