Shattered #Wattys2016

Від ponygirl01

Detective Janet Jackson, one of the best in the L.A.P.D was a stubborn, difficult, and down right cold hearte... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Cover choices 3 and 4
cover 4
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Medical issues
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
OOOOMMMMMGGGG!!!!!!
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 29

1.2K 76 11
Від ponygirl01

Janet hasn't been the same since that day....today we were going to his funeral. I wore all black today, while Janet wore her Officers uniform with her hat and white gloves. She looked gorgeous with light make up and her hair in a low bun.

"You ready baby?" I asked her as I grabbed my purse. She nodded silently, looking down as she walked out the door. She was so dull now....she hadn't said a word in a week, no matter how hard Jade and I tried to get her to. All she would do was cry, every night I stayed up to comfort her as much as I could, but there wasn't much else I could do. We made it to our car, and I decided to drive that day, so she could take it easy and prepare herself for her tears to fall again. As I made my way, I heard her sniffling. I placed my had on her thigh. She looked away from her view out the window to look at me. She gave a small smile and mouthed "thank you," She had cried and screamed so much, I think her voice might have gone hoarse. We arrived in front of the chapel, where everyone was mostly dressed in that dark blue color. I parked and got out of the car and she soon followed. Once we entered, A sea of men and women on the force were there to remember him. Once we were seated , the service began. Janet handed me a folded sheet of paper.

"You want me to read it?" she nodded. her voice really was gone for the time being. Once the Father called for anyone who wanted to say anything, we went up after his wife and brother spoke. As we stood, Janet was already crying. her hoarse voice was scratchy. I held her hand and calmed her.

"I'll be reading or her, since her voice is gone today," I say unfolding the paper. I read her clean handwriting and held her head on my shoulder.

"As I stand here today....my heart is shattered yet again by the loss of yet another close officer of the force. Captain, as I always called him, never by his real name. I always respected him as a hard worker...but he was more than that. To me....he was a father figure that made me happy and also that was my ok to be vulnerable to him about whatever happened in my life. Now all I have is the woman standing next to me now....I wish he was here now....I wish he survived....But the best I can do is catch the man who murdered him and make sure he pays severely for this senseless killing on Officers. This I promise to his wife, and the rest of his family....I am sorry it had to end like this," I read. Janet looked at The Captains teary-eyed wife as she walked down and was embraced by the older woman. They both shed tears. I stood next to them.

"Thank you Janet....you're all he's ever talked about when he got home....if you need anything at all, you can ask me ok?" Janet nodded and mouthed her thanks, trying not to use her voice. The service continued, and they carried out his casket. As they placed it into the hearse, Every single man and woman in uniform saluted him, most in tears. I did the same, out of true respect for him. I only knew him for a short time, but he made a definite impression on me. Janet gripped my hand as she was biting her lip hard to keep from wailing. We drove to the cemetery and they gave him a 21 gun salute. I held my ears, because the shots scared me a lot, Janet held me as they went on, and finally finished. Janet went up to the casket, now lowered into the ground.

I grabbed the soft dirt from the jar next to the tent, and sprinkled it gently over his casket. I was glad I wore just lipstick today.

"Goodbye Cap....you old bastard," I said in a hoarse whisper. Even if I had my voice, I couldn't muddle the words in an audible tone. Nicki Joined me. She dropped some dirt over the maple wood coffin and wrapped her arm around me.

"You ok?"

"N-Not really....but better than a couple days ago," I say hoarsely. She nodded and helped me stand up from my squatted position.

"He was a cool guy Jay....I wish I had gotten to know him better," She told me with a gentle smile. It made me smirk, and I walked with her back to our car, getting in on the passenger side. My heart was heavy, but it felt a little better to know I didn't have to cry about losing him alone like I had with Shaun....Nicki was there with me, it felt nice. Once home, Jade greeted me with a gentle whine and licking my hands. I kissed her head, and she returned a like to the face, which made me giggle. I got out of my uniform and into pjs.

"Ok baby....no more talking until your voice is back,"

"But-,"

"No buts about it....the more you talk the more your voice goes. Just take it easy," She wrapped a scarf around my neck and poured me some hot tea. I nodded to say thank you and sat back on the couch and watched Archer: Vice.

"Baby, I'm taking Jade for a walk, I'll be back soon. No talking while I'm out," I nod and take another sip of my tea.

Jade and I made our way to the Dog park on a nice brisk run. I felt more at ease now. Jades tail wagged wildly as we made our way to the dog park. I let off the lease, and she bolted her way to the nearest group of dogs. I sat at the bench and watched her play, petting a few dogs that stopped by to say hello. I soon recognized that familiar face Of that pretty Boarder Collie. he trotted over, panting and wagging his tail.

"Hey Wyatt," I smiled and rubbed his head. Soon his owner came over and sat down with me.

"Hey,"

"Hi...nice to see you again," I said as we watched our two dogs run around with each other.

"So, how are you?"

"Could be better...my girlfriend and I just got back from her Captain's Funeral,"

"Oh...I'm so sorry about that," he said.

"Yeah...she took it pretty hard, but she's doing ok," I say as Jade came back and lapped up some water and rushed back to play.

"Well that's sad, how did he die, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't know all the details, but it was in the line of duty," I say. he nods.

"Well I hope they catch whoever did this,"

"Same here....it's driving Jay crazy," I said. I worried about her.

"Hey...things will turn around in the end," He smiled, rubbing my back. I thanked him for his kindness and soon grabbed Jade and made our way home. As I opened the door, I heard light snoring. She was fast asleep on the couch, the T.V. on low. I unclipped Jade and she made her way to her water bowl. I watched her sleep, her body shivered, so I covered her with the couch blanket. I grabbed her mug and put it in the sink then started on our lunch of a nice light homemade ramen that I wanted to make. I cut up all the ingredients such as green onions, and the pork I had made the night before. Once done I started the soup and noodles, and the soft boiled egg. Jade sat watching me, hoping I gave her something. I cut up and apple, and mixed in blueberries and pears, and set it down for her, which she enjoyed. Soon everything was done and Janet was awake by then.

"Hey baby....The ramen is almost ready," I put it in my ramen bowls I bought at the mall, and put in the soup, then the noodles. I then added the green onion, Pork, egg and Naruto Maki, a Japanese fish cake and gave a bowl to her, then sat with her. She smiled and used her chopsticks and ate... She smiled and looked at me in pure bliss.

"Is it good?" She nodded and continued eating and Jade sat in front of us with pleading eyes. Janet and I sat back and ate, watching television.

"How's your thoat feeling?"

"She gave me an in between thumb, and a shrug,"

"Well you be feeling better before you know it," I say kissing her cheek. She made a smile and that made me feel better too.

I was back at the precinct, now my voice not fully back, but somewhat. Nicki got me a white board so I could write down what I want to say. I think it's corny, but she cares for me, and will have my ass if I didn't follow doctor Nicki's orders. Toni was first to welcome me back with a gentle hug.

"Hey Janet. You doing ok?" I nodded and looked at the work board....captain's picture was up on the row of victims. My heart was crushed. I wrote with my black marker.

"What have we got?"

"So far nothing," I turned to find a thin, short man walking towards us. I tilted my head at him.

"Janet this is your Temporary Captain....Prince Rodgers Nelson,"

"But you can call me Prince," he shook my hand. I then wrote.

"How long will you stay?"

"Depends on what the higher ups say....might be permanent," he said. he looked at the board, looking at Captains pic mostly.

"He was a good man, and an even better Officer....I hope I stay long enough to see the man get the death penalty," He smirked. I liked how he thought.

"So...what do you think Detective?"

"I thought his MO was to target officers without children....only one has survived because she had a newborn son," I wrote.

"Good point....and I think you're on to something.....I think....something happened back in his childhood that made him despise the police,"

"Or there's a possibility that it happened to a family member recently and now he has a vendetta against any childless Police Officer," I wrote.

"Good point....for now, I want to question the wives of the victims....I think the perp may be getting close to them, to get to know their lives and find out more....who knows, they may find something," he said. I nodded and grabbed my jacket.

"Hey Jackson!" he called.

"I'll go with you, since you're questioning skills aren't up to par," he winked, and I rolled my eyes... it think he'll fit in just fine.

It was the lunch rush at work today and I was short handed. It was only me and Carrie working today and all the tables were full. I wiped my brow, leaning against the kitchen service window.

"Why do you have to be such an awesome Chef Freddy? Got me working my ass off," I say.

"Sorry Nic," he laughed, while frying an egg,

"Waitress?" A woman called and I rushed over.

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Do you have any orange juice?"

"Yes we do,"

"May I have some please. Champagne and medicine don't exactly mix,"

"Not a problem, I'll be right back," I smiled at her joke, and grabbed her juice and handed it back to her. Once done, I helped an older man with an oxygen tank and his wife sit in our special handicap area. Once done I turned and it was that same man and his friends from before.

"Shit...excuse my language," I say to the elderly couple,"

"Honey I'm old...I don't care," The old man chuckled, making me laugh. I walked to Carrie who was busy fixing her makeup.

"Hey Carrie...can you take those men for me?"

"Sure...why?"

"They caused issues the last time they came in, especially the one in the blue shirt,"

"No worries girl I got you with your innocent self," she said as she walked over to them. I sighed in relief. I walked around, making sure everything was ok and handing food to everyone that needed it. I saw the guy eye me, and it made me uncomfortable. The elderly man on the oxygen tank saw my gaze and asked me to come over.

"Do you need me to whack that dipshit upside the head?" I giggled at his seriousness and shook my head.

"No thank you sir, but it's a nice offer," I smiled. The Lunch rush slowed, the guy and his friends still there, the elderly couple left, the older man walking close to the guy and slammed his cane down hard on his foot. I jumped at his yelp in pain and covered my mouth to suppress my laughter.

"Ow!! Son of a-"

"My bad sir...even with my glasses, my sight is still bad,"

"Yeah...sorry about that. Come on Frederick," His wife said, hiding her laughter as well. The old man winked at me and soon left. I took my lunch break and Carrie and I laughed hard in the break room. So hard, that We couldn't even breathe anymore.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

81.4K 2.5K 39
Men want her and Women...they want her? True that! After being with longtime boyfriend Safaree, Nicki Minaj looks beyond the male species and connect...
Pushing The Limits Від JB.

Романтика

185K 9.3K 67
"One finds limits by pushing them." Onika Maraj is a valorous and soft-hearted mother with a great head on her shoulder. So many odds has been stack...
17K 1.1K 12
Down on her luck, nursing student and full-time waitress Nicki Maraj get a massive blow to her already desperate financial situation that will surely...
39.8K 1.5K 20
Onika Tanya Maraj lived a perfect life until one mistake changed her life, she meets Beyoncé Giselle Knowles and falls in love with her, but will Oni...