Will My Brother Let Me? // L...

By niallers_princess199

Ally Tomlinson is, you guessed it, one of Louis Tomlinson's younger sisters. Growing up, they became best fri... More

Ally Tomlinson
For the First Time
Louis...
Sleepover
Watch Where You're Going
Truth or Dare
I'm Sorry
Broken Up
Getting to Know You
The Date
More Than Friends?
Sightseeing
She's Alright
New York, New York
Lazy Day
Confession Time
Yes, No, Maybe So?
Home Sweet Home
Harry?
Meet the Paynes
London
Happy Birthday
Tourists for the Day
I'll Miss This
Goodbye?
Just For a Few Minutes
I Love You
The Hardest Thing to Say is Goodbye
Too Sweet
Welcome Home Liam
Thanksgiving
Happy Christmas
Happy New Years!
Prom
Ally....
Trust
Nightmares and Movies
For the First Time in Forever
A Birthday Surprise
What Happened?
Please...
Welcome Back
Frozen Yogurt
Dares of the Day
Paris
Movie Night with a Slight Twist
Better Than Words
The Perfect Night
So Lucky
Charlotte Adventures
Beach Day Adventure
Miami
Make A Wish
One Hell of a Night
The Time of My Life
We Made It
Epilogue

What a Wonderful World

713 10 0
By niallers_princess199

Liam's POV

Thank God last night was my last night in this hospital - I am sick and tired of being constantly surrounded by noises and people. All I want to do is sit in my own bed with Ally right next to me. Luckily, she is able to stay for a few more days and it's just going to be us two until she leaves. Unfortunately, Mum and Dad had to leave yesterday, so I'll have to figure out how to move around by myself for a little bit. But, luckily again, the boys are all going to be in London until I'm able to move around again.

I just...I don't want Ally to leave. I understand that she has to go back and finish up her final year of school, but...it'll be boring without her. I'm going to miss her so much.

I suddenly hear a gentle knock on my door and Ally's head pops into the doorway. Her face breaks into a smile and she says, "Good morning, sunshine."

"Good morning, love," I smile as she walks into the door. "How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty good," she says. "Now, all you have to do is sign one more piece of paperwork and you are free to go."

"Really?" I ask and she nods excitedly.

"A nurse will come in with it, and she'll take out your IV and things," she replies. "I also brought you a change of clothes. We'll be out of here before you know it."

"I love you," I say softly, grabbing her hand.

There's another knock at the door and a nurse walks in with a big smile on her face.

"Alright, Mr. Payne," she says. "Let's get you out of here!"

She messes with my IVs, chatting with Ally as she works on them. Once she's done, she hands me my last piece of paperwork and once I've signed it, she says, "You are free to go, Mr. Payne! I hope you the best with your recovery."

"Thank you, Bella," I smile. "You're definitely my favorite nurse."

"Oh, now that's a lie," she smiles back. "But you're definitely my favorite patient."

"Thank you for everything, Bella," Ally says. "You've been absolutely fabulous over these last few days."

"Take care, both of you," she says as she walks out of the room. Ally walks over to me and hands me my clothes, saying, "Here you go, love. Would you like some help up?"

"Yes, please, love," I say.

She grabs my good arm and helps me up, gently leading me towards the bathroom. Once I'm left alone, I take a long look in the mirror - I look awful. I try to shake it off - I look skinnier than I've ever had. Whatever muscles I gained over the last few months are completely gone. My face has sunken in, the bags under my eyes are huge...nothing feels right. I turn away and begin to change into the clothes Ally brought me. Once I'm done, I open the door and find Ally playing with my crutches. Well, I can only use one for now, but they gave me 2 for when I have use of my arm again.

"I believe those are mine," I smile, making her jump.

"Sorry," she chuckles. "I was just...wasting time."

I hobble on over to her and gently pull her into a kiss. "I love you, Ally," I whisper.

"I love you, Liam," she whispers back. "Now, come on, let's get out of here."

"Home?" I ask.

"Home," she smiles.

We manage to get downstairs and to the car, where Ally drives us back to my flat. She turns the radio on softly and we drive back.

"So, are you excited to go home?" she asks.

"Very excited," I reply. "I haven't missed my bed this much in a while."

"Not even when you were on tour?" she asks.

I shrug, "It's a close second."

She flashes me a smile and looks out towards the road again. She is just...beautiful. I can't believe how beautiful she is and the fact that she chose me. I am so in love with her - and the fact that she has to leave in a few days, for God knows how long, breaks my heart.

We finally park by my flat and, suddenly, the bottom falls out, thunder booming. I look over to Ally and she says, "Um, I don't have an umbrella."

"We'll live," I smile.

"Liam, you can barely walk," she says.

"So, what?" I ask. "We'll just get a little wet."

She looks hesitant and says, "Fine. Let's go."

We open the doors and take a look at each other. I smirk and yell, "Go!"

I hobble my way towards the entrance, Ally never leaving my side. Once we get inside, we're both soaking wet and laughing our asses off.

"God, we're soaked," Ally smiles as we ride up the elevator.

"That was...pretty fun, though," I reply.

She looks up at me, her face lit up. "Yeah, that was pretty fun," she says.

We make it to my flat and Ally rushes me to my room.

"Go and get in the shower," she tells me. "I don't want you to get sick."

"No, love, you go," I say.

"Liam," she says, giving me a look my mum would give me, "you just got out of the hospital. Get in the shower."

"Fine," I say. "But you're in right after me."

"I promise," she says. "Now, love, go!"

I hop into the shower, and try to go as quickly as I can, but...you know...I'm pretty slow. By the time I get out, Ally has already given me some clean clothes and I change as fast as I can. I walk into my room and find Ally laying on the bed.

"Alright, love," I smile. "It's your turn."

She holds her finger up and I realize she's on the phone. I shake my head but sit down next to her. She hangs up a few moments later and she flashes me a smile.

"How was your shower, Li?" she asks as she sits up and runs her hand up and down my back gently.

"It was good," I reply. "Who was that on the phone?"

"It was Mum," she says. "She wanted to remind me that I have to come home in 3 days."

"Of course," I mumble.

She groans as she lays back down, saying, "I just don't understand why she doesn't trust me."

"Of course, she trusts you," I say. "She's just...a worried mum who hasn't seen her daughter in a while."

"Doesn't mean I don't know how to take care of myself," she mumbles.

"Hey, I have an idea," I say.

"What?" she asks.

"Let's order in our favorite restaurant," I tell her. "We'll get all of our favorites, order dessert, and watch a movie."

"That sounds great, love," she smiles. "It's perfect."

I kiss her forehead and she gets up to go and take a shower. Before she gets in the bathroom, she turns around and smiles, "I love you."

"I love you too," I smile back.

She shuts the door and turns the shower on. I lean back in my bed and sigh - I'm so glad to be home. I grab my phone and scroll through the texts I've been getting the last few days - I haven't really had the chance, or the motivation, to look through them while I was at the hospital. By the time I've gone through all of them, Ally has come back out wearing some leggings and one of my jumpers.

"I like that jumper on you," I smile and she smiles back.

"Well, it is one of my favorites," she replies as she lays down next to me. "So, what are we going to do with the rest of the day?"

"I was thinking...just being together," I say. "We can put something on and just hang out."

"You know that's what we've been doing," she says.

"Yes, I do," I chuckle. "But...what else is there to do?"

"I guess your right," she smiles. "Alright, let's put something on and just...be together."

We find Friends and just hang out. We talk, we sit in silence, we nap...it's been a great day, to say the least. Before we know it, it's 6:30 and we're both hungry.

"So, we're ordering from Linguini's?" Ally asks as she walks back from the bathroom.

"Yes," I smile. "What do you want?"

"Um," she sighs. "I'll have the Greek pasta with extra feta."

"A feta fan?" I ask and she just rolls her eyes.

"Li, you've known this," she chuckles. "Can we also get extra garlic bread?"

"Of course," I say. "I'll go ahead and order. Do you want to pick out a movie?"

"Yeah, I will," she says.

I call Linguini's and order our dinner for delivery. I look over at Ally as she's picking a movie, and can't help thinking about how much I love her.

"Hey," I say, which makes her look over at me. "What would you say to dressing up for dinner? We've been wearing pajamas for...a while."

"You're not wrong about that," she smiles. "Sure, why not? Would you like any help getting ready?"

"Um, yeah, probably," I chuckle. "You can go ahead and get ready."

"Okay," she replies, getting out of the bed and heading towards the bathroom.

***

The buzzer rings and I go to open the door.

"Delivery for Payne?" the delivery man says and I nod. "Here you go, mate."

"Thanks," I smile, giving him some cash as a tip. "Have a good night, mate."

I hobble over to the counter and take the food out of the bag. As soon as I put it down, Ally walks down from my room, making my jaw drop. She's only wearing a red floral skirt and a white tank top, but...damn.

"Als," I sigh, "you look gorgeous!"

"Li," she smiles, her face reddening. "You don't look half bad yourself."

"Hey, you helped me," I smile. "Do you mind helping me set this up?"

"No, not at all!" she says, immediately grabbing the food. She heads to the table and sets it all out for us. I grab my speaker and begin to play some soft music.

"Pulling out all the stops, aren't you?" Ally chuckles.

"Hey, I want us to have a special night," I reply. "It's been a long week. We deserve it."

Once everything is set out, we sit down. I raise my glass and say, "To you, my love. Thank you...for everything."

"Liam," she smiles, looking down at her plate. "I love you."

"I love you more," I smile back as she raises her glass to me.

As we eat, we talk about...everything. Just like we have been for the last week. I can't believe how much I love her - everything is easier when I'm with her. I can breathe, I can think clearly...

After we finish eating, I ask, "How was your pasta?"

"It was delicious," she replies. "Thanks for getting the extra garlic bread. It's definitely my favorite part of the restaurant."

"I also got us some cannolis," I say. "If you want some, of course."

"Liam, I always want cannolis," she replies. "I'll go and get them."

She heads to the fridge and comes back just a moment later, cannolis in hand. "Thank you, love," I smile.

As we dig in, I hear What a Wonderful World come on and I suddenly get an idea.

"Love," I say.

"Yes, Li?" she replies.

"Would you dance with me?" I ask.

"Love, you're hurt!" she exclaims. "You can barely stand!"

"I don't care," I chuckle. "Come on, dance with me."

She sighs and smiles, "Okay, let's dance."

I restart the song and stand up, grabbing Ally's hand. We move to the middle of the room and I wrap my one good arm around her waist. She places hands on my waist as well and we begin to sway back and forth. As we dance, I can't help but sing along with the song. 

I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue
And clouds of white
The bright blessed day
The dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying
"I love you"

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
Than I'll never know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Oh yeah

Ally looks up at me and smiles, "I love you so much, Li."

"I love you too, Als," I smile, leaning in and kissing her gently.

Author's Note

Hi y'all!! Sorry, it's been so long, but here's another update :)) hope y'all have had a great summer and keep enjoying the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 54 25
Ari, 17 years old. Meets Niall Horan, thinks she has it all. Until something happens on her relationship while they are on a trip. Zayn confessing, b...
965K 10.7K 58
Alex Styles is Harry Styles' sister. She's eighteen, and enjoying living on her own. Harry and the boys finally get a break from their never ending t...
1.4K 119 19
Aria Tomlinson is a not so normal 19 year old living in Ireland with her dad, her brother is the one and only Louis Tomlinson from one direction.So w...
4.9K 155 40
Allison Parker is just a normal American 16-year-old…well she WAS.. before she met a fully-acclaimed British-Irish boy band who turns her world upsid...