Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

By vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 13: Human World
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu

4.1K 115 91
By vocaloidgeek14

Normal P.O.V

"Everyone, retreat now! Our rendezvous point is the airport! There will be helicopters for us to escape in!" Shinya shouted as he held off the remaining vampires.

Shinoa nodded and quickly put her weapon away, turning towards her comrades. "We're retreating!" She stated, the others quickly following closely behind her. "Do anything to get there!" Shinya shouted, continuing to shoot the vampires that were following after them.

Narumi stood there, completely unable to move. He could only stare in anger and regret as he looked down on his fallen comrades. "Lets go!" Shinya shouted, starting to lose patience. Narumi just ignored him, clenching his fists.

Shinya gritted his teeth and quickly punched Narumi in the face. "Narumi! Snap out of it already!" He snapped. He understood how Narumi was feeling though. It really hurts to loose people you care about, but now was not the time to mourn their deaths.

Gritting his teeth, Narumi turned around and started running, not even daring to turn back and look at his fallen comrades.

He swore that one day...

He was going to avenge their deaths.
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I shivered as the cold winter air blew through, causing the smell of blood to hit my nose once again.

"It's getting stronger. Mika's wounds are starting to get worse by the minute. If he continues to carry both Yuu-kun and I..."

"He's eventually going to bleed out."

I turned towards Mika, about to say something until he tripped, causing me to fall on my face.

"Ow..."

"Mika-kun, are you alright?" I asked as I helped him up. He grit his teeth in pain and clutched his chest. It sounded like he was having a hard time breathing.

"That wound in his chest is what is really affecting him the most. It's what's causing him to lose so much blood."

"Dammit." He mumbled as he pulled out a small pouch, opening it as quickly as he could. His eyes widened when he saw that all the viles in it were broken and completely empty. Frustrated, he threw the pouch aside, causing the empty viles to shatter even more.

"I need to do something. He can't continue like this.."

"Mika-kun. You're too injured. Let me h--" I started to say, but he shook his head. "I'm fine, so don't worry. We also need to get Yuu-chan to wake up as soon as possible. There's something I need to talk to you both about.." He stated as he grabbed Yuu up off the ground.

"What does he mean..?"

"Yuu-chan, please wake up. There's something I need to tell you about." He said, trying to get Yuu to wake up. Getting frustrated, he shook Yuu by his shoulders. "Wake up, Yuu-chan!" He shouted, sounding really desperate. "Mika-ku--" I started to say, but I stopped as soon as Mika hit Yuu in the face. "Wake up!"

I grabbed Mika's arm quickly, surprising him. "That's not gonna wake him up any faster, dammit!" I stated, starting to get a bit frustrated myself.

"But...at this rate..." He said, his shoulders trembling slightly. I bit my lip, trying to hold back my tears. "I know, so that's why we need to hurry up and find a safe place to hide." Mika looked back up at me and nodded.

When he tried to carry both Yuu and I again, I moved away. "No, you've done enough. Let me help." I stated. He tried to argue with me, but I stopped him. "I'm not a weak little girl anymore, Mika-kun! Let me take some of the burden once in a while!"

Realizing he could no longer try to talk me out of it, he sighed in defeat. I smiled. "Thank you!" I quickly grabbed Yuu and lifted him over my shoulder.

"Well, doesn't this seem familiar."

"Come on, you too." I said as I motioned for Mika to come over to me. He went to refuse, but I frowned. "Mika-kun! Come here!" I shouted, giving him the serious look like I used to give the kids back when we were little.

Sighing, he did as he was told, knowing that if he continued to be defiant, I was gonna go and get him myself.

"Thank you."
.
.
.

*Timeskip: a little while later*

"And...I immediately regret my decision.."

My back..was killing me! Carrying two boys was a lot harder than it looked. Even though I wanted to fall over and take a breather, I couldn't. I needed to hurry and find somewhere safe to hide. Who knew if some of the Demon Army soldiers were following us.

"I told you..you were gonna regret doing this someday.." Mika said, laughing a bit. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Oh, shut up. This ain't nothing. Besides, do you know how many times I had to carry this idiot because of his stupid decisions?" I asked as I shifted Yuu on my shoulders a bit.

Mika sighed. "I'm guessing quite a few." I nodded and laughed. "Exactly." Mika looked down at the ground. "I remember when you used to carry the kids home when one of the would scrape their knees.." He said. I smiled as I remembered all of the happy memories.

"I also remembered how protective you were over them too. You wouldn't let a single vampire get near them." He soon chuckled. "And I remember how you would always get into arguments with Yuu-chan." He said as I laughed. "Yeah, lose arguments would never win in his favor would they?"

Mika shook his head. "No, they wouldn't." For a bit he was silent, causing me to look at him curiously. "You've changed a lot, Mayu-chan." He stated. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Ever since that day, back in the vampire city, you've changed. There are somethings that've never changed, but there's a lot that has. You've gotten a lot stronger, and you aren't scared to fight vampires anymore..you've really grown." He stated, causing me to feel a bit embarrassed.

"But, that's not all that's changed about you." Mika said, startling me. "You look the same as you did when I saw you back in Shinjuku, but...I feel as if you've changed physically somehow. I can't put my finger on it though." My eyes widened and I looked away.

"I need to tell him.."

I sighed, unsure of really how to say it. "Mika-kun. There's something that I need to tell you as well...but that can wait for when we get inside." I stated, pointing at our new hiding spot.

"This'll work nicely!"

"Alrighty then, let's get ins--" I started to say, but I stopped as soon as I saw Mika was staring at something. My eyes narrowed and I started looking around.

"I hope that's not a vampire..or a Demon Army soldier.."

Suddenly, a child went running into our hiding place, trying to get away from us. My eyes widened as I saw Mika's eyes change.

"Oh no!"

"Mika--!" I started to say, but I stopped when I was quickly knocked over, accidentally dropping Yuu on the ground. "Ow..Mika-kun! Stop!" I shouted as I started chasing after him.

"I need to stop him! He must've bled out too much that now it's starting to affect his self control!"

I quickly ran into the building, my eyes widening as soon as I saw Mika had caught the little kid, pinning him down to the ground by his throat. "H-Help! You guys! Help me!" He shouted, turning towards more children in the area.

Scared, they all started to run away, leaving him behind. The child's eyes widened in horror and he looked back at Mika, tears falling from his eyes.

"Blood...if I just drink blood..." Mika mumbled, about to sink his fangs into the child's throat. "No! Mika-kun! Stop!" I shouted, slowly starting to reach for my weapon.

"I don't want to...but...if I don't get him to stop...I might have to.."

The child closed his eyes tightly, causing more tears to fall "M-Monster!" He shouted, causing Mika to flinch. Finally coming to his senses, he let the child go. Taking my opertunity, I ran up and hugged Mika tightly.

"Just go.." I said, causing the child to look up at me curiously. Gritting my teeth, I turned towards him "JUST GO!!" I yelled. The child's eyes widened and he quickly ran away, rejoining his friends.

"Mika-kun..."

I looked up at Mika, hoping he was really back to his senses. Not looking back at me, he stood up. "Lets go bring Yuu-chan inside..." Was all Mika said to me before he left to go get Yuu.

"What that child said must've really hurt him.."

"I'm sorry this happened to you...Mika-kun.."
.
.
.

"Hey, Yuu-kun..? When are you gonna wake up?" I mumbled, starting to get upset. It had been hours, and Yuu still hasn't shown any sign of consciousness.

Sighing, I took off my uniform's over jacket and folded it up, placing it under Yuu's head.

"Just...come back to us when you're ready to..okay.."

I jumped when I heard some cans fall over. Quickly, I turned around, hoping that none of the kids had decided to come back. I sighed in relief as soon as I saw that it was just Mika.

"Thank good...ness..."

My eyes widened as I saw that I had stepped in a giant puddle of blood. I quickly grabbed Mika by the shoulder, my heart beating a mile a minute. "Mika-kun! You're injuries--!" I started to say, but I stopped as soon as Mika turned towards me.

"His eyes..."

Suddenly, he lunged at me, baring his fangs. I backed away and tried to grab my weapon, but I was too scared to move. Before I could do anything, Mika grabbed me by the throat, pinning me to the ground.

"M-Mika-kun...snap out of it.." I wheezed, grabbing him by his arm. I tried to push him away, but he was too strong.

"Dammit...his vampiric instincts have taken control of him..."

"Blood. Blood! Let me drink blood!" He shouted, sounding like he was in an immense amount of pain. My eyes widened. "Mika-kun..." I mumbled, loosening my grip on his arm. He looked at me, completely desperate. "Blood. Blood, give me blood! I need blood now! It's so painful!"

"It's what I have to do...I can't let him suffer any longer.."

I put my hand gently on his face and smiled. "Go ahead. Take as much as you want." I said as I expose my neck to him. Not even hesitating, he moved the collar of my shirt away from my neck and went to bite me.

I flinched when I felt Mika's fangs touch my skin and I quickly wrapped my arms around him. "I'm so sorry...Mika-kun.." I said, causing him to flinch. "It's because I left you all alone. You've suffered for so long, and it's been my fault...I should've stayed by you're side until the end..." I said as tears fell from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry..."

Mika moved away from me, his eyes widening in horror as he realized what he was about to do. He backed away from me, afraid to even come near me. "Not again...this is the second time..." He mumbled, causing me to remember back to when I was with him last time.

"That's right...this is the second time he tried to bite me...but I don't care.."

"I'm sorry; I wasn't myself." Mika stated, refusing to look at me. I frowned. "Do you suffer this much if you don't drink blood?" I asked. He nodded. Feeling more tears starting to form in my eyes, I covered them. "I'm so sorry...this is because I left you all alone...it's all my fault.."

Mika shook his head. "I told you before Mayu-chan, that's not--" He started to say, but he was stopped when he started to cough up blood. "Mika-kun!" I shouted as I ran towards him, trying to see if he was alright, but he quickly moved away from me.

"Don't Mayu-chan. Don't come anywhere near me. I don't want to drink your blood!" Mika said, afraid that he would lose control again.

"But Mika-kun. You're--" I started to say, but he cut me off. "Don't worry about me! Anyway..you said that you needed to tell me.." He said. I shook my head and grabbed his arm, not paying any mind to his warning. "Who cares about what I have to tell you! You're going to die!" I stated.

I didn't want him to die..not again. I didn't want there to be a second time. I was done with losing my family.

"What can I do to help you?! Will your wounds heal if you drink my blood?!" I asked, grabbing him by his shoulders. He looked away, meaning that I was right. "If that's the case, then here." I said as I unbuttoned my shirt some more, revealing more of neck and my collar bone. "Take my blood."

I could tell Mika was looking at the blood that was coursing through my vains. He swallowed nervously and turned away from me. "S-Stop it, Mayu-chan. I can't fight it anymore." He said, quickly covering his mouth so I couldn't see his fangs.

Starting to get frustrated, I hugged him, bringing him closer to my neck. "It's alright. If this saves you, then drink as much as you want." He shook his head, trying to push me away from him. Refusing to get away, I held him closer.

"Mika-kun..you don't know how happy I am that I have my whole family with me again..." I said, tears starting to form in my eyes again. "But if I have to see you die all over again...I'm...I'm..." I started to say, but Mika cut me off.

"I can't, Mayu-chan. That's not gonna save me." He stated, startling me. I let him go and looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?" I asked. He looked away from me. "If I drink human blood even once, I can't go back. I'll become a complete vampire that'll never age."

"So..if it's just human blood that'll turn him...my blood is half vampire...so, if he does drink my blood, will that still change him?"

I sighed and moved away from him. "I'm not sure that you'll change if you drink my blood." I stated, confusing him.

"Well...here goes nothing."

Feeling slightly nervous, I opened my mouth, revealing my fangs to him. His eyes widened in shock. I turned away slightly embarrassed. "Surprise~~!" I said sarcastically.

"It turns out that I'm actually a half-ling. A child that was born from both a human..and a vampire. Shocking isn't it." I stated, clenching my fists. I turned towards him. "So, there might be a chance that if you drink my blood, you won't turn into a vampire." I said, hoping he would at least accept what I said.

But of course, Mika being Mika..

"Even still, I'm not going to drink you're blood, I don't want to hurt you.." He stated, causing me to pout.

"I knew he was going to say something like that..."

I looked over at him and smiled. "Mika-kun. Can you do me a teensy weensy little favor." I asked, batting my eyes lashes slightly. His eyes widened as he knew where I was going with this. "No! I'm not going to." He said as he shook his head.

I pouted. "Nope! You can't refuse!" I said, making him look at me. "I said no!" He shouted, slapping my hands away. I looked at him seriously, not even playing anymore.

"I've been fighting it for so long!" He stated, surprising me. "Trying not to become some hideous monster, until I saw you. Every single time I thought of you, the urge to drink your blood just continued to get stronger and stronger. I kept fighting it, and you say it so easily--" He said, but I cut him off.

"You really think that it's easy for me to say it?! We'll it's not dammit! I know you don't want to become a vampire, but what other choice do you have?! If you die...if you die..." I said, looking back down at the ground.

"I'm going to cry!!"

Mika looked away from me. "So what?" I felt a small twinge of anger hit me and I shook it off slightly. "Don't you "So what?" Me dammit! Even if you have to become a vampire, freaking lick the dust and survive!" I stated bluntly, causing him to glare.

"You gotta be kidding me! Are you telling me to become a vampire just for you?!" He shouted. I shook my head, putting my hands on my hips. "Yes! Do you have have a problem with it or something...you damn block head!" I shouted back.

Mika's eyes widened and he chuckled slightly. "We sound just like you and Yuu-chan.."He said, soon sighing. "There's no way I can argue with you is there?" He asked. I crossed my arms and turned away.

"Of course. It's pointless to argue with me. You just waisted your time." I stated, causing him to glare at me. I glared right back. "Besides, I don't want to here about how hard he fought from someone who's willing to die so easily. So you know what, I don't want to here anything you have to say." I stated, turning my back to him.

Mika grabbed me by my shoulder. "Mayu-chan, please don't do this. There's something that I have--" He started to say, but I quickly closed my eyes and covered my ears. "No no no no! I'm not listening! La-la-la, I can't hear you~~~!!" I sang, not paying any attention to him.

"Mayu-chan, please." Mika pleaded. I sighed and uncovered my ears. "If you want me to listen to you, then listen to me. I said as I grabbed my pony tail holder out of my skirt pocket.

"Didn't think I would need this again."

I quickly tied my hair up into a pony tail and turned towards Mika. "Drink my blood..and continue to stay alive, Mika-kun." I said, exposing my neck once more to him.

He swallowed nervously, trying to stay in control. He soon fell to the ground, covering his eyes. "You're an awful person." He said, causing me to wince. His words stung, but I tried not to show that they did.

"Yeah, you're right. But whose fault was it for letting that awful person into your family?" I asked, causing him to look up at me. "That was a mistake. I'm going to become a monster because of you." He said. I shook my head. "We don't know that. And even if you become a vampire, you'll still be my family." I said as I smiled at him.

Mika looked down at the ground, unable to hold onto his self control any longer. "M-Mayu-chan.." He said as he clenched his fists. "Hm?" I hummed, looking at him curiously.

"I-It hurts..so much.." He said, gritting his teeth slightly. "I want to drink blood. I want to drink your blood so badly.." I smiled and pulled down my shirt a bit more, exposing my shoulder to him. "It's okay. Go ahead. If it's you, I don't mind.." I stated, feeling my face heat up.

Without hesitation, Mika grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me closer to him. My eyes widened as I felt a dull pain in the side of my neck and I winced.

"It...stings.."

I quickly wrapped my arms around Mika, holding him closer to me. He did the same, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. I heard him sigh in relief, signaling that his pain was starting to fade.

It felt like an hour had past, but I didn't care. I wanted him to take as much of my blood as he needed. If it healed him completely, than that was enough for me.

I felt tears starting to form in my eyes and I just let them fall. I finally had my family with me...

And I wasn't about ready to let that fall apart again..
.
.
.

After a while, Mika finally pulled away, leaving me feeling completely tired.

"So this is what anemia feels like...yikes, don't I feel sick."

Mika was silent for a while, causing me to get a bit worried. He soon turned towards me, tears falling from his eyes. "Mika-kun..." I started to say, but I stopped when his eyes suddenly started to change from blue, to a dark red. My eyes widened.

"No...how did this..."

I turned away, unsure of what to tell him. I know he could feel himself changing and he must be angry. "I'm so sorry..Mika-kun. I thought because my blood was different that you wouldn't turn..I'm so sorry.." I said, not even daring to look at him.

"He's angry...Mika-kun is probably really mad.."

"It's weird, you know." Mika said, startling me slightly. "It isn't normal to stay alive by drinking your family's blood." He said, soon turning towards me. Instead of Mika glaring at me, he looked completely worried.

"Are you alright? I didn't drink too much did I?" He asked, causing my eyes to widen. "No, no, no! I'm all good. I don't even feel anemic or anything!" I stated, giving him a reassuring smile.

"I lied..but I don't want him to worry too much!"

He smiled back, but it soon faded. "Mayu-chan. You're crying!" He said, startling me. He was right I didn't even realize it until just now.

I soon felt the weight of sadness hit me and I broke down, sobbing. "I'm so sorry...because if me and my stupid ideas..." I said, covering my eyes.

"I've hurt you...I made you do the one thing you didn't want to do and I'm sorry...you're right, I am an awful person..." I sobbed, the tears not stopping. Mika shook his head. "That's not true! I don't think you're an awful person, Mayu-chan! I could never hate you, ever!" He said, grabbing my hand.

I couldn't face him, I just felt to horrible. Mika sighed and tilted my chin upward, making me look at him. "Mayu-chan, look at me." He said as he wiped the tears out of my eyes.

I looked up at him, my face instantly heating up when I saw how close he was to me. "M-Mika-kun...you're um...a bit too close.." I mumbled, causing him to laugh. Mika's expression soon became serious.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to be with you. How much I've wanted to hold you." He stated, causing my blush to deepen.

"What...what does he mean by that..."

"Mayu-chan.." Mika whispered before he pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widened in embarrassment as he pulled me closer to him. I soon closed my eyes, unsure of what to do.

"First Yuu-kun...now Mika-kun...?!"

"What's going on...?"
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up, looking at my surroundings. I sighed when I saw that I was back inside my head.

"Of course...if wouldn't I be here.."

"You're very direct with love and desire, Yuu." Asuramaru stated, surprising me. "You have no sense of right or wrong when protecting your family. You're completely damaged goods." He stated with a laugh.

I sighed, my head pounding. "If you're here, does that mean I'm unconscious or something?" I asked. Asuramaru nodded. "Yup, and for a long time." My eyes widened and I quickly stood up.

"You gotta be kidding?!"

"Guren...what happened to Guren?!" I asked, hoping that Asuramaru could tell me. Instead, he just smirked. "See, that topic again. Always obsessing over somebody." He stated bluntly. I glared at him. "Whatever! Just tell me! What happened to Guren?! What about Mayu and the others?!"

Asuramaru just shrugged. "I don't know. I only see what your eyes see." I sighed. "Then, Guren is still..." I said, starting to feel upset.

"So I guess...none of us could save him..."

Asuramaru sighed slightly. "Guren, huh? But It seems there's different family members here for you today." He stated, surprising me.

"What does he mean?"
.
.
.

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up, finding myself in an unfamiliar area. I looked around, unable to figure out where exactly I was. "Where am I?" I asked, my head still pounding.

I heard something behind me fall to the ground and I quickly got up and drew my sword, hoping it wasn't a vampire. My eyes widened and I smiled in relief as I saw that it was just Mayu.

"She must've carried me here. Knowing her, she would do that for the rest of here life if she could. "

"Hey, Ma--" I started to say, but I stopped, my eyes widening in even more.

"Wh-What..."

Mayu wasn't alone, she was with Mika. Which in normal circumstances, I would've been completely happy...

But that wasn't the problem..

It all felt like a slow stab to the heart as I witnessed Mayu and Mika together, parting from a kiss. What was going on?! Why did I have to wake up right now at this really painful moment.

"M-Mayu...Mika..." I said, startling them. They both turned towards me, there eyes widening. "Y-Yuu-chan..." Mika mumbled as Mayu turned away.

"Why...why did I have to witness something like this.."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I don't know how long the kiss lasted, all I know is that it must've been for a while. My head was spinning in confusion.

"What do I do? I don't even know how I feel..."

When we finally parted, I looked away, embarrassed. "I love you, Mayu-chan. I've always loved you, ever since we were kids." Mika said, startling me. I felt my face heat up even more. I didn't know what to say, I didn't even know how I felt.

Mika tilted my chin towards him again and I looked at him. He laughed a bit when he saw how red my face was. "Mayu-chan. I want to know how you feel about me." He said, his expression becoming serious.

I didn't know what to say...what could I tell him...I was so confused.

I looked away, feeling even more embarrassed. "M-Mika-kun...I.." I mumbled, the words not coming together.

"M-Mayu...Mika..."

Both Mika and I jumped, completely startled. We both turned towards Yuu, who was completely concious, a hurt look on his face. My eyes widened in realization.

"Don't tell me....he saw..."

I felt my face start to turn red and I turned away, unsure of what I should even say. "Y-Yuu-chan.." Mika mumbled, sounding embarrassed himself.

"Mayu?! What's going on?!" Yuu asked, his fists clenching. "I thought you and I..." He said, his voice breaking a bit. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do.

Mika put his hand on mine, causing me to flinch. "Mayu-chan." I could tell he was hurt as well, but I didn't know what to do.

"I...I..." I tried to say something, but that's all I could muster. Why? Why did this have to happen?

"It was my fault. I was the one who kissed her." Mika stated, causing my eyes to widen. "Mika-kun..don't.." Yuu looked over at Mika, completely upset. "Even still, she needs to choose one of us." Yuu stated, startling me even more.

"C-Choose...what..wait..."

Mika glared. "You can't just push that on her. It isn't fair, Yuu-chan." He stated. Yuu looked away. "I get that it seems unfair, but what else is there to do? We've both showed her how we felt, but she's never told us." He said, causing me to feel even more guilty. "Still, don't just push that option at her you idiot." Mika stated bluntly. Yuu glared.

"This isn't...this isn't what I want..."

"JUST STOP!!"

The both of them stopped arguing and turned towards me. "Just stop arguing already.." I said, trying to keep from snapping anymore. "I understand how the both of you feel about me...but please, try understanding how I feel for once..." I said, sitting back down on the ground.

"I don't want this. I don't want to hurt either of you...and I've already caused you both to get mad at each other.." I said, feeling really guilty. "But..I still don't know how I feel. I really don't know, I'm so confused.." Both boys continued to listen, unsure of what to say to me.

Feeling like I was about to cry, I pulled the both Mika and Yuu onto a hug, startling them. "But I do know one thing..I don't ever want our friendship to end like this! We're a family, and I want to keep it that way...so please, let me sort out my own feelings.." I said, hugging the both of them tightly.

I felt Yuu hug me back just as tightly. "I'm sorry, Mayu. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.." He said as he barried his face into my shoulder. "Please don't cry, Mayu-chan. I'm just happy that we all get to be together." Mika said, hugging me back. I nodded, continuing to cry.

"T-Thank you both..for understanding..."
.
.
.

"So, your a vampire now?" Yuu asked, finally noticing that Mika's eye color had changed. Mika nodded, still feeling guilty about biting me. "Yeah, it still feels a bit weird though. It's not really normal to drink the blood of a family member." I laughed a bit.

"My neck still kinda stings." I said, wincing as I tilted my neck the wrong way. The wounds had already closed up long ago, but the pain was still there, like I had slept on my neck wrong or something.

Yuu shrugged. "Who really cares about being normal? It's not like we want to be normal." Mika smiled sadly and looked away. "You're right. I'm not normal anymore. I've completely become a vampire." I frowned and looked down at the ground. "I honestly thought that since I was a half vampire, that my blood would work differently. I'm really sorry."

Knowing that this was a sensitive topic, Yuu decided to change the subject a bit. "Guren once told me that..." He started to say, but Mika cut him off. "Guren?" He asked, curious about who he was talking about.

I smiled. "That's right, you don't know him. He took both Yuu-kun and I when we were thrown outside and cared for us. He was almost like a dad..well, almost.." I said, pouting as I remembered all the times I had to carry Yuu back to the dorm because Guren would knock him out.

"Anyway, he said to me: Even if the only reason to live is revenge, keep on living. Then, one day, someone who'll need my help will show up. That's why I stayed alive. Even to when I thought it was pointless, even when I thought no one needed me, I forced my self to stay alive like an idiot. And here I am now, able to be with my family again." He said, smiling.

I saw Mika's eyes widen and he looked away quickly, trying to hide his face from us. "So, Mika. Let's survive together, even if we struggle. Who cares if you're a vampire? If that's hard for you, I'll find a way to turn you back into a human!" Yuu exclaimed.

I saw Mika's shoulders trembling and I quickly gave him a hug, which he gladly returned. "So, don't ever give up and try to die, ever again. Please." I pleaded, hoping he wouldn't try and do it again.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. I came to save the both of you. But it seems like the both you really have become strong." He stated, looking up at both Yuu and I. "What?! I was always this strong!" Yuu stated as he crossed his arms.

"Says the one who always needs to be carried." I whispered, causing Yuu's eyes to narrow. "I heard that shortstack! Besides, you're one to talk. You were the one who always asked me to carry you down the stairs when there were too many! Crybaby!"

"No, I think you were more of the crybaby than Mayu-chan was." Mika said, siding with me. I stuck my tongue out at Yuu, causing his to glare. "Who's side are you on here?! Besides, you're the crybaby!" Yuu shouted, pointing over at Mika who's eyes were still a bit puffy from crying. That's when the three of us burst into laughter. It felt like we were all kids again, arguing over nothing.

"This reminds me of the old times."

"If you think I'm stronger than before, that's probably thanks to Guren, too." Yuu said, causing Mika to frown. "But this Guren guy is just trying to use you--" He started to say, but Yuu cut him off. "I don't mind that, since he's my family. I was already dead when my parents abandoned me. But because Guren, you, and Mayu kept me alive, I'm still here today. That's why I don't mind if you guys want to use me."

"Yuu-kun.."

Mika didn't quite like that answer. "I'm not like those humans! I would never use you!" I nodded in agreement. "I have to side with Mika-kun on this one, I have no intention on using you." Yuu smiled. "I know, but even so, if you guys did use me, I wouldn't care. You guys are the first real family I've ever had."

Yuu soon stood up, turning towards Mika. "I'm am gonna ask for your help though." He stated, catching Mika's curiousity. "With what?" He asked as Yuu looked towards the door. "My freinds...my family is in trouble. Please come with me." He said as he started to walk away.

My eyes widened slightly and I quickly grabbed my over jacket, tying it around my waist. "Wait up!" I shouted, quickly following after Yuu.

"What?! Hold on, you guys! Are you..." Mika said, following closely behind us. "Are you planning on going back to those humans?!" I turned towards him and nodded.

"Of course we are. They're our friends!"
.
.
.

"Jeez! It's cold out here!"

Shivering, I untied my over jacket around my waist and quickly started to button it up, trying to stay warm.

"I think I left my tie back in that store, but who really cares."

"Listen to what I have to say, Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan." Mika said, finally catching up to us. "Crap, how much time has passed?" Yuu asked as he looked up at the sky, which was now starting to turn and orange-yellow color from the setting sun.

I peered up at the sky myself, estimating how much time had passed. "If I'm correct, about 4-5 hours. Maybe 6." I stated as I took my hair out of my pony tail.

"You guys." Mika said, felling like he was being ignored. Yuu turned towards him. "Mika, you brought me here, right?" Mika nodded. "You need to also thank Mayu-chan, she helped."

I smiled. "Yup. And as always, I had to carry your idiotic ass, because guess what? You were unconscious again!" I taunted, causing Yuu to sigh and roll his eyes.

"Then do you guys know what happened to Shinoa and the others?" Yuu asked. I went to answer him, but Mika interjected. "Come on; stop talking about humans already. I don't know what kind of mind-control they did on you,but just anything but the Japanese Imperial Demon Army." He said as he clenched his fists. "They've been doing human experimentation on you and me since--" He said, causing my eyes to widen.

"Wait, what does he mean by "Human experimentation"?"

Yuu sighed in irritation and started to walk away, leaving both Mika and I behind. "See ya." He said as he stormed off. "What the hell?! Don't leave us behind!" I shouted as I ran after him.

Mika grabbed Yuu by the shoulder, trying to stop him, but Yuu slapped his hand away. "Don't get in my way!" Yuu said bluntly, causing Mika to glare. "Fine." He said as he drew his sword, pointing it at Yuu.

"Whoa! Okay, we draw the line at pointing weapons at family members!"

Yuu stopped in his tracks. "What are you doing! Are you pointing that sword at me?" Yuu asked, looking at Mika from the corner of his eye.

"I'll do anything to protect you." Mika stated, his eyes narrowing. "Then you should help us." Yuu stated bluntly. Mika's eyes narrowed. "I should?"

Suddenly, Yuu grabbed the bade of of Mika's sword, bringing it closer to his neck. "If you won't, then kill me. I'd rather die than fail to save my family." He stated, causing both our eyes to widen. "Are you seriously pulling this "I'd rather die" crap again?! Do you realize how upset that makes me?!" I asked, not wanting to relive that nightmare hours back.

"You're such a hypocrite! You told me to survive, even if I became a vampire!" Mika shouted, glaring at Yuu. "I'm not going to let you go. Just listen to what--" He started to say, but Yuu cut him off. "Mika!" He shouted, causing Mika to grit his teeth. "They're my family."

I put my hand on Mika's shoulder. "Just put your sword away, Mika-kun." I said as I tightened my grip on his shoulder. Mika sighed in irritation. "Are you talking about that girl and them?" He asked, causing Yuu's eyes to widen.

"So you do know about them." Yuu said. Mika turned away, not wanting to talk about Shinoa and the others. Yuu frowned and looked back over at Mika. "Answer me! You do know them!" Mika sighed and nodded.

"True, Mayu and and I were saved by the girl with the scythe and her friends." He said. Yuu smiled and started shaking Mika excitedly. "Right?! They're good guys, right?! So we gotta go save them, right?!" Yuu asked, sounding completely thrilled.

Sighing, Mika pushed Yuu away from his and put his sword away. "I'm only going to save those four." Mika stated as he turned his back towards Yuu and I.

Now it was my turn to be thrilled. I giggled and jumped on Mika hugging him. "I knew you'd come around!" I laughed as Yuu hugged Mika as well. "Will you both stop it!" He said, starting to get squished.

"I'm happy!"

"Okay, let's go! Where are they?" Yuu asked, practically jumping. Mika shrugged. "I'm don't know, but I think they said something about an airport." My eyes widened as I recalled where Shinoa said to regroup at.

"That's right! We're supposed to rendezvous at Nagoya airport! That's when we would receive new orders!" I stated as the three of us soon started heading towards our destination.

"I really hope they all made it!"

"Please be alive you guys!"
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"What's going on, Shinoa?" Kimizuki asked, finally regaining his breath. Shinoa shook her head. "I don't understand either." She said as she looked around the airport, seeing no rescue choppers in the area.

"There should be choppers for us to escape in." Mitsuba stated, starting to get a bit suspisous. Yoichi looked around as well, starting to get worried. "Forget helicopters, there isn't a single car out here."

What was going on...

Where was there backup?!
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"You alright, Mayu?" Yuu asked asked he turned towards me. I nodded. "Don't worry, I'm alright. I just have a bit bit of a head ache." I stated, trying to ignore the dizziness I was feeling.

"What's going on...I don't feel so good. I know it's not anemia..but then.."

"What is it.."

Yuu nodded and turned back around, sighing in the process. I could've driven, too." He said as he leaned against the window, sounding bummed. I laughed.

"Yeah, you're right. You could've driven..right into a a light post." I taunted, bringing up the last time he tried to drive. "Shut up back there, shortstack!" He shouted as is giggled deviously.

Sighing, Yuu ignored me. "So? What was it that you wanted to talk to us about?" Yuu asked, startling Mika. Mika's expression soon turned serious. "Right.."

I sat up, listening in to what was going on. "The humans are using you as a test subject for experimentation." Mika stated as Yuu nodded. "Is already know that." Mika shook his head. "There's more. It's a huge experiment, causing you to be targeted by human organizations and vampires around the world." He said, causing Yuu's eyes to widen in shock.

"Even vampires? Well things just got big." Yuu stated. Mika nodded. "That's right. The failure of this experiment caused all the adults to die and nearly ended the world." My eyes widened in horror allows my parents deaths replayed in my head.

"So then..the end of the world...my parents deaths...they were al, caused by human experimentation?!"

"What? Hold on a minute. So is it my fault the world was almost destroyed?" Yuu asked, completely surprised. Mika shook his head. "No, its not our fault. We were just being used. Humans are to blame. The Hyakuya Orphanage that we stayed in was the lab for it, and the Japanese Imperial Demon Army took over the experimentation. It's the experimentation of the Owari No Seraph." He said, startling us even more.

"So...does that mean..."

"I can no longer trust the people I thought I could..?"

"Humans are ugly. They're driven by greed and can't properly control power. I can't leave you or Mayu in the hands of people like them." I looked down at the ground, scared.

"I'm a half-ling...who knows what the Japanese Imperial Demon Army could do to me if they found out about my existence.."

I shuddered at the thought of being experimented on, and I quickly barried that horrible thought in my head.

"But I'm also human." Yuu stated, catching my attention. "And I want to turn you back into a human, too. So I can't turn away from humans." Yuu stated. Mika shook his head. "If they get a hold of you, they'll end this world in a heartbeat." Mika stated.

Suddenly, he turned towards both Yuu and I. "Run away with me. We'll live quietly somewhere that's far away. A place the Demon Company or the vampires won't find us. Somewhere we can all be safe." He said, turning his focus back to the road.

Yuu smiled and looked out the window. "This is just like that time." He said, startling us. "Remember when we ran away from the vampire city to get to a paradise? "He asked as Mika nodded.

Yuu's smile soon faded. "But then everyone was killed, and there wasn't even a paradise. What we had...was this." He said as he pointed to the world outside. "Yeah, I remember." I mumbled, pulling my knees close to my chest.

"There's nowhere we can escape to anymore." Yuu stated, continuing to look out the window. "Even so, we have to try." Mika said as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "Then let me discuss that with my friends. Even if we're going to run, they'll help us with that, too." Yuu said anymore he smiled at Mika.

"You certainly trust them." Mika said, sounding slightly worried. "Don't worry, they're good guys. You can trust them as much as you can trust me. Okay?" Yuu said, giving Mika a reassuring smile. Even still, I could tell Mika didn't want to trust Shinoa and the others.

I smiled slightly, hoping we could get to Shinoa and the others as soon as possible. I nibbled on my lip in boredom, soon wincing as I felt my fangs poke my bottom lip.

"Ow." I said, startling both Mika and Yuu. "Mayu-chan? Are you okay?" Mika asked as he peeked on me through the rear view window. Yuu turned towards me, making sure I was alright as well. I nodded, hiding my bleeding lip from them.

I quickly licked the blood off of my lip, the pain soon disappearing as the wounds healed.

"That's strange.."

I turned towards both Yuu and Mika, my headache soon disappearing as well.

"I'm thirsty..."

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 741 12
VERY CRINGE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK 😬 young (y/n) was just 1 years old when her older sister eri killed her father by accident, when her quirk manifes...
6.9K 243 32
Tommy, after leaving work is given a book and witnesses a fight between a villain named Mage and two heroes named Anaglyph and Warden. 2 years later...
744K 22.1K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...