Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends

Mayu's P.O.V

We had finally reached the defense line, only to find Guren completely defenseless and about to be killed by a vampire.

"Oh no! Guren!!"

Mitsuba's eyes widened. "Not good! Lieutenant colonel Guren is...!" She said, quickly drawing her weapon. Shinoa drew her weapon as well. "Everyone, please take your pill! We'll save Lieutenant colonel Guren and retreat!" I grabbed my container of pills and clenched my jaw.

"I can save Guren...without taking these damn things..!!"

When Shinoa wasn't looking, I threw the container to the side, not even bothering to look back at it. I heard Konekomaru chuckle.

"Thank you, Mayu. You shouldn't need to rely on pills to help your power grow. I am more than able to supply you with the power those pills could never give you!"

I drew my weapon and ran forward. "Lets go!" Yuu said, matching my speed. My eyes widened as the vampire infront of Guren raised it's sword, getting ready to hit him.

I ran as fast as I could, trying to reach Guren before the vampire could...

But it was already too late..

My eyes widened as blood splattered against the pavement. Guren looked down in shock, the blade of the vampires sword slowly being plunged into his chest.

"That son of a....I'm gonna kill him!!!"

Even though Guren could be harsh, strict, and sometimes even bossy, I always thought of him like my father. He trained me when I was young, he helped me take care of Yuu, he even listened to my request and barried my parents remains. I owed Guren my life! I wasn't about ready to let anyone hurt him!

I gritted my teeth, feeling my anger take over. "What do you think you're doing to Guren!" Yuu growled as he drew his sword. I swung my scythe. "I'm gonna make sure I send you to the depths of hell!!" I seethed.

I heard the vampire click his tongue in annoyance. "More humans...so annoying." He said as he turned towards us.

My eyes widened and I stopped running, almost falling over. It couldn't be...was I seeing a ghost...

My eyes met with familiar sapphire ones, causing my heart to almost stop beating.

"W-Wha...no...why..."

I couldn't even think straight. It felt like my body was frozen. I saw Yuu run right past me, and I went to grab him.

"N-No...Yuu-kun stop...that's...that's..."

But it was already to late...Yuu had already stabbed him. I wasn't sure if I had even opened my mouth..or if the words even came out right, but all I could hear echo around me were the words:

"That's Mika-kun!!!"

I saw Yuu flinch, his eyes widening as well. "What...?"

I feel to my knees, my emotions all mixed up. I dropped my weapon on the ground, not even caring if Konekomaru was shouting at me to get up.

"Mika-kun...Mika-kun's alive?!! He was alive...and standing right infront of me...but.."

"But why...why is he fighting along side the vampires?!!"
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

"This is it, human." I said, raising my sword upward. I had to hurry and end this humans life before their backup came. The human infront of me smirked. "Damn." He mumbled, realizing that he had no other choice but to accept his fate.