Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart

(A/N: Thank you all for reading the last three chapters! I will try to update when I have the chance. It's just with school and all the crazy homework assignments, I've been put off. Soooo, I will try to update when I don't have to worry about those two obstacles. Thank you all for reading!)

Normal P.O.V

The three boys walked down the hallway, the lights flickering now and then.

They stopped infront of the door, taking note of all the protective seals covering it. The only part that wasn't covered was the door handles.

One of the boys gulped nervously before taking hold of the handle. He tried to open it, but it was locked.

Suddenly, someone put their hand on his shoulder, startling him. He turned around quickly to see his friend.

"Oi, let's hurry up and go." Yamanaka said as his other buddy behind him nodded. "Yeah, we'll get in trouble if the army finds out." Yamanaka started to walk towards the exit. "Lets go, Yuji" He said.

Yuji turned back towards the door. He shook his head and began to follow his friends towards the exit. The sound of the door behind him opening startled him, causing him to turn around.

He stared into the dark abyss, hearing the voices of unknown creatures calling his name...

Calling out for his heart and soul to be swallowed up by the darkness.....

Forever....

* Timeskip: A few hours later*

Mayu's P.O.V

"Oi, baka-Yuu! I got us something for lun...!!" I started to say, until I saw that Yuu wasn't alone. I darted behind the wall quickly, hoping that I wasn't seen. I took a quick peek. He was with the girl that we had saved from the vampire. She looked kind of embarrassed.

"What's she doing here?"

The girl fidgeted a bit, looking at the ground. "U-Um...thank you for saving me from the vampire the other day." She said, blushing. Yuu nodded. "Yeah..." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

Suddenly, the girl held up a small envelop. "I-I really like you! Please read this and see how I feel!" She exclaimed, her cheeks turning a darker shade of pink. I dropped the bag I was holding in my hands.

"W-Wha...WHAT?!!"

I covered my mouth, getting the sudden feeling of nausea. My knees started to feel weak, like they were made out of jello. My heart was also pounding to the point that it hurt.

"W-What is this feeling suddenly....?!"

My eyes widened in realization, causing my face to heat up.

"No way...! Don't tell me...that I'm jealous!! I can't be jealous!! Yuu-kun is my best friend, he's like a brother to me...right..?"

Yuu took the letter from the girl, who immediately ran off afterwards. She was about to close the door, when she bumped into me. We stood and stared at each other for a little while.

"Thanks for helping me as well." She said before running down the stairs. "You're welcome....I guess..." I said as I picked up mine and Yuu's lunch off the floor.

"So, it looks like you got yourself a girlfriend." I teased, startling Yuu. He blushed and shoved the letter into his pocket. "It's not like that at all! I was actually going to tell her that I couldn't accept it..." He said.

I frowned. "Awww, why not? She obviously likes you, Yuu-kun." I said as I handed him a sandwich. "I...I know she likes me. But, I can't except her feelings...because...I..." Yuu said, turning away from me.