Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt

(A/N: Sorry if the last two chapter's sucked. I haven't had much time to write since my parents have been really busy and I have had to babysit, but, I will still try and find the time to finish this book before summer ends!

So, I hope you all like this chapter! Thank you all for liking this book! :3)
.
.
.

*Flashback to previous chapter.*

Mayu's P.O.V

"During this misson, I won't tolerate anyone who breaks the army's rules. I also won't tolerate those fooling around." Guren stated, looking in our direction. "This mission will probably be the most dangerous of all. Many will die. Everyone here is family. That means we'll lose many family members."

I gripped Yuu's sleeve tightly. I wasn't going to let that happen. I wasn't about to lose anybody at all. Not Yuu, not my squad, not anybody!

I saw Shinoa flinch from the corner of my eye, and I became worried.

"Shinoa-chan..?"

"But even then! The completion of this mission is worth it!" Guren shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Listen well! Our goal isn't to come back alive, but to come back with victory! Got it?!" He shouted, causing the whole crowd to cheer.

"We won't lose! I'll make sure that we win!.."

"Even if that means sacrificing my own life to make sure that it happens!!"
.
.
.

*End of flashback*
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Shinoa, how much longer?" I asked as I stretched my arms out. We had been waiting for what felt like hours and I was starting to get bored. "About twenty more minutes." She stated. I sighed in irritation.

"Why so long...I'm starting to get bored.."

I looked over at Mayu, who was currently leaning against the wall, holding her scythe. She looked like she was sleeping because her eyes were closed.

But then again, she probably wasn't.

"Everyone, round up." Narumi stated as he came around the corner. As soon as he said that, Mayu opened her eyes and sighed. Narumi ignored her. "Lets do a final check on our strategy." He said as he motioned for us to follow him.

I nudged Mayu's shoulder, causing her to look up at me. "Why so upset?" I whispered. She shrugged. "I don't know. To tell you the truth, I don't really like Narumi-san's attitude towards us." She whispered back, sounding a bit irritated. "Don't worry about it. Just focus on our mission, 'kay?" I said as I patted her back. Mayu smiled slightly and nodded.

"At 1400, the Vampire Extermination Unit, Moon Demon Company will launch a concerted attack on eight vampire nobles in Nagoya." Shusaku stated as he unfolded the map with all of the nobles designated locations. "Our mission is to kill the Fifteenth Progenitor, Lucal Wesker. We plan on attacking him here." He said, pointing to one of the locations on the map.

I saw Mayu's eyes narrow as she took in all of the information. I was actually surprised to see her so focused. She really had changed alot. "If our first attempt fails, we will cut off his retreat to prevent him from joining the other nobles. We will then hold off until the Lieutenant colonel's squad kills their target and comes to help." Shusaku stated as he folded the map back up.

"There are ten nobles total in Nagoya. Of that, we will kill eight simultaneously at 1415. For every noble, there are three Moon Demon Company teams, totaling fifteen men. However, there's not much distance between the planned sights of attack. If we fail the mission and the nobles get together, it's over." He stated as he looked up at Narumi.