Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

Autorstwa vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 13: Human World
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies

3.3K 103 30
Autorstwa vocaloidgeek14

Normal P.O.V

"O-Oi, this is a joke, right?" Kimizuki asked as he looked up at Shinoa. She shook her head, causing his eyes to widen. Was Yuu..

Was he really dead..?

Suddenly, Mayu let out this blood curdling scream, startling everyone. Shinoa went to grab her shoulder, but she lept back when Mayu was suddenly surrounded by thorn vines.

"What the hell..?!" Mitsuba asked as she drew her weapon. "Is this some sort of demon possession?" Yoichi asked, turning towards Shinoa, who had also drew her weapon.

She shook her head, completely petrified. "N-No. I've never seen a demon possession like this before! This is something different."

Mayu continued to scream, tears falling from her eyes. The five of them continued to watch as Mayu began changing inside the thorn vines. Her hair started to grow a lot longer, her ears started to elongate slightly, and her eye teeth became longer and sharper, almost like fangs.

What was happening?!
.
.
.

After a few minutes, the thorn vines around Mayu disappeared, leaving both her and Yuu out in the open. Mayu remained silent and motionless, like her body had just powered down.

"M-Mayu-san...? Are you okay..?" Shinoa asked as she slowly and nervously reached out to her comrade. Suddenly, Mayu stood up, gently laying Yuu's body on the ground. Shinoa saw a few tears fall from Mayu's eyes as she did.

"Is she okay?" Mitsuba asked. Shinoa shook her head. "I'm not sure. She isn't saying anything." Soon after, Mayu grabbed her weapon and started walking towards one of the windows, going back in the direction where they had fought the noble.

Shinoa's eyes widened and she grabbed Mayu by the shoulder, this time stopping her in her tracks. "Mayu-san! What are you doing you can't go--" She started to say, but she stopped when Mayu turned towards her.

Shinoa's eyes widened in horror and she froze, letting go of Mayu's shoulder. Her eyes...we're completely different from before.

They were the same color, but they weren't warm and gentle, they were completely cold and filled with sadness. It was like she wasn't even Mayu anymore.

"Don't get in my way.." was all Mayu said before she jumped out the window, running at full speed towards the city hall. "What was that all about?" Kimizuki asked, noticing the sudden change in Mayu's voice.

Shinoa shook her head, her hands trembling. "I-I'm not sure...but, some how..she's like a different person. And her eyes.."

"Her eyes were like that of a vampire...that was out for blood.."
.
.
.

"Spill it already. How did you guys gain powers like that?" Chess asked as she grabbed Guren by the head of his hair. Guren winced in pain and smirked. "A goddess gave it to me." He replied, his voice full of sarcasm.

Chess glared and punched him in the stomach, causing him to collapse. "Don't kill him, Chess." Horn scolded. Crowley nodded. "He's an important hostage, so handle with care."

"We should kill him. It's not like he's gonna give us any kind of information." Riza stated bluntly, catching their attention. She was huddled up in the corner with her knees pulled up to her chest, her long green hair spread out on the floor behind her.

Crowley sighed. "Now, now, just because you're in a bad mood doesn't mean we're gonna kill him." He stated, causing Riza to glare at him. "Why not? He's nothing but a liar!" She stated, her voice full of sadness.

"I know that for sure.."

Guren weakly looked up at her. "You know, I didn't exactly break our promise. I did keep her secret from the Demon Army, so I do deserve a thank you." Riza glared at him and came out of hiding.

"You don't deserve a thank you. You may have kept her secret from the Demon Army, but you completely put her in danger!" She shouted.

Guren rolled his eyes. "So anyway, why do you want me to keep her safe? Why can't she be with you? You're going on and on about how I didn't keep her safe, but yet you left her in the Demon Army's hands. So why is it so important for her to stay safe and kept secret? " He asked, causing Riza to clench her fists.

"Because Mayu is emotionally unstable!" She stated, causing Guren's eyes to widen. "I originally left her in her in her father's care because I couldn't take her with me. If I did, the Progenitor Council would've had me sentenced for treason, and the both of us would be dead!"

Riza grit her teeth, feeling both angry and sad. "So I had to leave her with her father so she could be safe, even if that meant for me not to be in the picture." She stated, looking to the side. Guren's eyes narrowed. "I'm guessing not everything went according to plan then?" Riza glared and nodded.

"Yes. And it's all because you humans decided to play with a forbidden power that was far beyond your control. In the end, Mayu had to go through hell and torment, witnessing her family die, being kidnapped by the vampires...and it's all because of you greedy humans." She stated, tears forming in her eyes.

"What exactly do you mean by Mayu is "emotionally unstable"?" Guren asked. Riza sighed. "It's because Mayu is a half vampire that was raised under the care of humans for too long. Her body grew into the human lifestyle so much that it completely shut away every last trace of her vampire instincts."

"But it won't stay that way for long." She said, startling Guren. " If something were to happen to her, something that would hurt her emotionally, anything like that, Mayu will snap and all the power that was shut away will break free and cause her to go on a rampage. She'll be much stronger than any noble, and the Owari No Seraph put together. That's why I had you keep her a secret from the Demon Army, because if they find her, they will use her as a weapon." She stated, causing Guren's eyes to widen.

Riza sighed. "And it's not just the Demon Army that will use her, it'll be the vampires too, that's why I want you to keep her safe." She stated as she sat down on the ground.

Before Guren could say anything, the wall behind them started to crumble to pieces, startling all of them. Soon, Mayu landed on the ground before them, causing both Guren's and Riza's eyes to widen.

"M-Mayu.." Riza mumbled, backing away slightly. Mayu looked up at them, her eyes completely blank and dulled over with hate and sadness. "What the hell is wrong with her?! She looks so different?" Guren asked as he looked over at Riza, who's eyes showed nothing but fear. "I-It's...it's happened.."

"Her powers have awakened!"

Guren's eyes widened. "That's impossible! How did this happen?!" Riza shook her head. "As I said, she must have witnessed something emotionally painful! Like.." Her eyes widened even more.

"Like the death of a family member..."

Guren's eyes widened even more. That's impossible! Then it dawned on him. "Yuu...that idiot!" He mumbled. That was the only explanation that he could come up with. That idiot Must've done something stupid. But what?!

With out hesitation, Mayu lunged at the noble that was the closest to her, Chess Belle. Chess's eyes widened in horror as the blade of Mayu's scythe almost hit her, but she sighed in relief when Crowley blocked the attack.

He smiled in amusment when he realized he was having a hard time blocking Mayu's attack. "So this is what the power of a half-ling is like. It's quiet interesting." Mayu glared at him, the grip on her scythe becoming tighter.

She bared her fangs at him and swung her scythe as hard as she could, sending Crowley flying backwards. "Die vampire!" She seethed as she charged at him.

She continued to swing her scythe at him, her strength exceeding his own. "Wow. You really are strong. Are you even human anymore?" He asked as he swung his sword at her. Mayu quickly dodged his attack, landing on the ground gracefully. Mayu sighed and raised her scythe above her head.

"Obliterate everything in your path, Konekomaru-kuchiku-kan.."

Crowley smiled. "I see how it is now." He said as he raised his sword. "Drink my blood, my sword." He said, causing the blade of his sword to turn crimson.

The two of the charged at each other and swung their weapons, causing a huge explosion, destroying most of the building. When the smoke cleared, Mayu emerged, whatever wounds she had soon healing.

Crowley soon emerged as well, surprised by how strong she was. "To think someone like her would have such power. It's incredible." He stated as he grabbed his sword off the ground.

Both Riza and Guren watched in horror as Crowley and Mayu continued to duel. "I need to do something. If I don't stop her, she'll be killed!" Riza shouted as she drew her sword.

"DON'T GET IN MY WAY!" Mayu growled, startling Riza. Mayu was acting so different, it was almost like she was a different person.

"Mayu...what'll make you go back to normal..?"
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"It...hurts..."

"It hurts so much...it feels like my heart is about to explode.."

I clutched my chest, the pain starting to get worse by the minute. Asuramaru sighed. "You're hopeless, Yuu." He stated bluntly, causing me to glare.

"Just when I thought you gave up on revenge, now you obsess over family." He said, sounding very disappointed. I reached out to Asuramaru, the pain starting to mess with my vision.

"P-Power.."

Asuramaru looked at me curiously. "You want power that bad?" I shook my head. "Y-Yeah...I need power to save Guren. So give me your power, Asuramaru!" I ordered, causing him to sigh.

"We'll of course I will; as much as you wish for. After all, I feed on your desire." He said as he knelt down infront of me. "But that pill you took was a mistake. That pill represses your desire and puts the curse into overdrive. But that's a paradox that's not going to work." He stated, turning away from me.

"You can't just take a pill and gain power without paying the price." Asuramaru stated. I looked down at the ground, wanting a different answer. "Then what should I do? What do I need to do to become stronger?" I asked, clenching my fists.

Asuramaru shrugged. "Unfortunately, it's too late. You've died." He said, causing my eyes to widen. "You died instantly. Your organs and heart ruptured because of that pill. Enough that, even with my regenerative capability, I couldn't repair it. It's completely over."

"What..?"

I looked back down at the ground, unsure of how to think about this. I...died? I couldn't have! There has to be some mistake!

My eyes widened as soon as I thought of Mayu. What was she thinking right now? How was she taking this? I promised her I wasn't going to do anything stupid on the battlefield, and yet here I was...

I shook my head. "No way...then, is this the afterworld?" Asuramaru shook his head. "That actually might have been better." He stated. I looked up at him curiously. "What do you mean?"

Asuramaru sighed. "You did die, but you're not dead. Why? Why do you think that is?" He asked as he turned towards me, a serious and yet angry expression on his face. "Those disturbing angels are forcibly keeping you alive." I gave him a confused look, but I then turned aroun, instantly seeing what he was looking at.

"What is that..? A trumpet?"

"What is that?" I asked, curiously examining the trumpet infront of me. Asuramaru shrugged. For some reason, I felt like I had to go over there. I felt like...it was actually calling out to me..

I started to move towards the trumpet, but Asuramaru grabbed me by my shoulder, stopping me. "That thing it's no good. You shouldn't go for it. Angels are a lot more worse than demons." He stated, his grip on my shoulder getting a bit tighter.

I soon flinched, the pain in my chest starting to disappear. Asuramaru's eyes narrowed. "Your heart's beating again, so even I can repair it from here." Ignoring him, I continued to try and reach for the trumpet.

"I don't know why...but I have to get to it.."

"It's better to accept me than that. I can fix you--" He started to say, but I pushed him away. "That's unnecessary. I want that." I stated, my body starting to move by itself. Asuramaru gritted his teeth. "Dammit, is there no way to return him to his own self?"

Before I could reach the trumpet, Asuramaru grabbed my wrist and quickly stabbed me in the chest, causing the pain to come back. "I said, don't go for it." He stated, glaring at me.

I glared right back at him. "Then give me your power!" Asuramaru smirked. "Such a greedy human. I've already given it to you, like you asked." He stated.

"The three pills you took are still in effect. You can use my power for 2, 3 minutes without becoming a demon. Now, go do it, Yuu.."

"Wake up!"
.
.
.

I quickly shot my eyes open, the air that suddenly hit my lungs causing more to cough slightly. I quickly looked around the room, meeting with five pairs of scared and relieved eyes.

"Mayu...where's Mayu..?"

"Yuu-san!" Shinoa shouted, tears falling from her eyes. I slowly sat up and looked at my hands. "I'm back.." I mumbled as I saw no kind of damage. Getting up, I ran towards the window."I'll be back in a few." I said as I started running towards the city hall.

I need to get there as quickly as possible."

I heard my comrades shout my name, telling me to come back, but I ignored them. I needed to get to the city hall as soon as possible.

When I finally got there, I started looking around, searching for Guren's and Mayu's presence. My eyes widened as soon as they found them and I quickly rushed to where they were.

"There they are!"

My eyes widened again as soon as I saw Mayu fighting with that noble we encountered back in Shinjuku. I glared as soon as I saw him raise his sword, about to hit Mayu.

"Mayu!" I shouted as I quickly grabbed her and blocked his attack.    Crowley smiled. "So, her comrade is finally here to help her, huh? How interesting. " He stated, I glared. I felt Mayu shift a bit in my arms and I looked over at her, searching to see if she was injured. "Oi, Mayy! Are you alright?!" I asked, completely worried. She didn't answer me, which made me even more worried.

"Is she alright? Did that noble do anything to her?!"

I took a closer look at her, my eyes widening as soon as I realized that she looked completely different from before.

"What the..? Wasn't her hair short? Why is it long again?"

"Mayu! What happen--" I started to say, but I stopped as soon as she looked up at me. Her eyes were so different. They didn't show that same warmth and kindness I would see almost all the time, instead, they were completely opposite. They were so cold and dark, full of both sadness and anger that it sent a small shiver down my spine.

"Mayu...what happened to you..?"

After a bit, her expression started to change from a blank, emotionless stare, to a shocked and relieved one. I watched as her eyes started to change back to those same pink ones that I always loved to stare into.

"Y-Yuu-kun...?!" She said as she put her hand on my cheek, tears starting to fall from her eyes. I smiled and snuggled into her hand. "Yeah. It's me." I said as she started to come back to her senses.

Suddenly, she snapped back into reality, as if waking up from a long dream. "Wha...where am I? How did I..?" She asked as she looked around.

"What does she mean by that? Don't tell me she wasn't even consious?!"

I shook my head and stood up. Mayu looked up at me, her eyes widening in both sadness and happiness. "Y-Yuu-kun..?! You're alive..?! But how.." She started to ask, but I cut her off.

"I'll answer all of your questions in a little bit, but first.."

"I've got a noble I need to get rid of."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"What's going on..?"

I continued to look down at my hands, turning them over and over again. I felt so different than before..I didn't even know how I got here?

I felt my hair fall infront of my face and I quickly went to move it out of my face, but I froze as soon as I saw that my hair was no longer short.

"W-What the hell?! How did this..?!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my hair, my eyes widening as I saw it had grown so long.  "What's going on with me.." I asked, noticing that my ears had changed as well.

"This doesn't make any sense.."

"Mayu!" Someone yelled, causing me to turn around quickly. "Guren!" I shouted as I ran over to him. "What are you doing here?! Hurry up and grab that idiot and go!" He shouted. I shook my head. "No, not until I get you out of here!" I said as I tried to untie him.

Guren quickly shoved me away. "Don't worry about me dammit, go help Yuu! Now!" He yelled. I froze, not sure of what to do. "I don't know what to do! I don't even know how I got here?!" I stated, surprising him.

"What do you mean you don't know how you got here?! You've been here for the past twenty minutes fighting that noble all by yourself!" My eyes widened in confusion.

"Wait..! I fought that noble?  How the hell was this even possible, I was just with Shinoa-chan and the others a couple of minutes ago?! I saw Yuu-kun die..so how is he even alive..?"

I heard a huge crash behind me and I quickly turned around. Yuu and Crowley continued to fight, destroying the room around us. When did Yuu become this powerful, it was a bit scary.

"You're pretty powerful for a human, but not as power as your friend back there." Crowley stated, blocking another one of Yuu's harsh attacks. "If you touch her I'm gonna tare you to shreds!" Yuu seethed, his anger starting to get the best of him.

"What's happening to Yuu-kun? I've never sensed any thing like thus before. It's like Yuu-kun is..."

"Asura-Kannon San-To!"

More swords a started to appear behind Yuu, and he swung his sword sending them all flying at Crowley. Crowley quickly blocked Yuu's attack, leaving himself wide open. Yuu quickly charged at Crowley and swung his sword at him, but he was soon sent spiraling backwards when Crowley elbowed him in the face.

Yuu went to get up, but he was soon found himself being punched into the wall behind him. "Did that finish you off?" Crowley asked as he looked around, not seeing a sign of Yuu.

"You're the one that's finished!"

Yuu lunged at Crowley, about to hit him until Crowley swung his sword, knocking Yuu's weapon right out of his hands. My eyes widened I quickly grabbed my scythe.

"I need to help him! I don't want to lose him again!"

Before Crowley could even hit Yuu, Guren quickly ran up between them, shielding Yuu. "Why'd you come here?! Hurry up and leave!" He ordered. I quickly ran over and helped Yuu up off the ground, ready to fight if I had to.

"Why? How come?" Yuu mumbled, startling me. "Yuu-kun? What are you--" I started to say, but I was cut off when Yuu grabbed his sword. "How come I don't have enough power when I've come this far?" He asked, causing Crowley to laugh.

"Well, that's because you're livestock, of course."

I saw Yuu's eyes widen in anger. "Shut up.." He said, the grip on his sword getting tighter. Crowley smirked. "Fight all you want, but livestock will never be more than livestock." Yuu looked down at the ground, gritting his teeth. "Shut up.." He seethed, his power starting to grow at a very horrifying rate. I backed up, starting to feel scared.

"Y-Yuu-kun..."

"In the end, that's what livestock--" Crowley started to say, but Yuu quickly cut him off by harshly swing his sword at him. "SHUT UP!" He growled, continuing to harshly atack Crowley. "That's enough, Yuu! Don't use any more powe! The demon will take over!" Guren shouted, causing my eyes to widen. "Yuu-kun! Stop it!" I yelled, but he ignored me.

"Demon, huh?" Crowley mumbled as he kicked Yuu to the side. Guren went to help as best he coukd, but he was quickly pinned down to the ground by Crowley's henchmen. "Yuu-kun!" I shouted as I ran towards him, but I was suddenly stopped when someone wrapped their arms around me.

"Mayu, you can't go over there! It's too dangerous!" Riza shouted, pulling me in tighter. My eyes widened and I turned towards her. "You're--" I started to say, but I stopped when I saw Yuu start to get up off the ground. "Quit it already! Yuu!" Guren shouted, wanting all of this to stop.

Yuu shook his head. "Shut up, Guren! I'm going to save you!" He snapped, getting ready to fight Crowley again. I tried to get out of Riza's grasp, but she held me tighter, cutting off all movement. "Don't try to help! You're going to get yourself killed!" She shouted.

I shook my head and tried once more to go help my friend. "Why?! What is so important about me that I need to be protected all the time?! I don't get it!" I yelled, clenching my fists tightly.

"I'm always needing to be kept safe or kept secret, but why?!" I stated, turning back towards Riza. Her eyes widened at first, but they soon narrowed. "The reason why is because you are a half vampire. And because of that, your power is very unstable. If your friend didn't come when he did, you would've killed Crowley." She said, causing my eyes to widen.

"I would've what..?!"

Riza hugged me closer, laying her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry for not every being in your life. I only wanted to do what was best for you as your mother, but in the end I failed..." She said, her arms trembling.

"I though having you raised as a human would put your power at a safe level, but it the end, that only caused them to spiral at a dangerous one. I've put your life at risk, and I'm sorry.." She said, tears starting to form in my eyes as well.

"That's why I wanted to do whatever it took to keep you safe..I'm so sorry.." She said, her arms starting to loosen around me. I  turned around and looked at her, frowning when I saw her crying.

"Ri--, no, Okaa-san. Don't cry." I said as I wiped her eyes. She flinched and looked up at me, surprised at what I said to her. I smiled. "Thank you. You tried so hard to keep me safe, and I'm grateful. But even still..in a world like this.." I said as I grabbed my weapon.

"In a world like this, no one can be safe anymore."

Her eyes widened and she looked back at the ground. She was silent for a moment, but she then looked back up at me, a serious expression on her face. "You're right. I won't stop you anymore." She said. I smiled and turned back around. "Thank you.."

"You damn punk! I said I'm done for!" Guren shouted as Yuu continued to fight Crowley. "Don't give up!" Yuu shouted right back, wincing as he got hit in the arm. "You...you're the one who told me to live! To continue to protect the ones I care about! Then walk the talk!" He  exclaimed.

"Yuu-kun.."

Guren grit his teeth. "Listen to me, Yuu! I have a plan for myself! So--" He started to say, but he was cut off when Yuu got punched to the ground. My eyes widened and and I charged at Crowley. "You son of a bitch!!" I growled, baring my fangs at him.

"So, you've come to fight me again, huh?" He asked, blocking one of my attacks. He soon frowned. "What happened to all of the power you had before?" I smirked. "You wanna see power, huh? Fine then! I'll show you power!"

"COME, KONEKOMARU!!"

I quickly swung my scythe at Crowley, sending him flying backwards. "Finally you decided to call on me. I was starting to get bored." Konekomaru complained. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, quit whining. You're a demon aren't you?"

Konekomaru chuckled. "Smart ass." I smirked and quickly resumed fighting. I needed to win against this noble, even if it was the last thing I had to do.

"I'm not giving up. Give me more power, Asuramaru!" Yuu exclaimed, causing my eyes to widen. Crowley sighed and kicked me to the side. I quickly regained balance, landing on the ground. "Are you still gonna keep this up? I will kill you this time. Even if you are part of someone's fun project." He stated bluntly. "Like hell you are!" I shouted as I swung my weapon at him once again.

"I need to keep him away from Yuu-kun!"

Yuu clenched his fists. "More...I need more! Enough power to protect Guren, my comrade, my family!" Yuu shouted, his power starting to become beyond dangerous.

"Please, stop it Yuu!" Guren shouted, but Yuu ignored him. "Yuu-kun! Listen to Guren and stop this! If you use to much power, you're gonna become a--!" I started to say, but it was already to late.

Yuu grit his teeth. "More! More! Give me more power!" He shouted. My eyes widened and I started to feel scared. I froze as soon as I felt a demonic presence near Yuu.

"Konekomaru..who is that right next to Yuu-kun?"

I heard Konekomaru growl. "That's Asuramaru. The demon inside Yuuichiro's weapon. But if you can sense him, than this is bad." My eyes widened. What did he mean by bad.
.
.
.

"That's good, Yuu. I'll give you as much power as you want. Consume yourself with desire. More, more, and more! And then..."

.
.
.

"Yuu-kun! Get a hold of yourself! If you don't, you're demon will take control of you!" I yelled, hoping I could reach him.
.
.
.

"...become a demon."
.
.
.

My eyes widened in horror and I quickly covered my mouth as soon as I saw a horn starting to grow on top of Yuu's head. "Yuu-kun..." I mumbled, his sent starting to change.

"What's happening to him..."

Konekomaru sighed. "This is what happens to every human who gives into their lust and desires. There demons take complete control over them, and turns them into a demon as well."

I couldn't believe this was happening. How the hell could I stop this?! Yuu looked up at Crowley and smirked. "Okay, one more round, vampire." He said as he lunged at Crowley. I needed to stop this! I needed to..

"Open the devil's coffin on the count of nine. Kiseki-o!"

My eyes widened and I quickly looked up to see a black coffin floating up above us. I recognized that attack anywhere. The coffin soon started to open, revealing a pair of glowing eyes.

"One, two, three.."

Crowley looked up at the coffin in curiousity, taking his eyes away from me. "What is that thing?" Taking my chance, I got away from him. "Kimizuki-kun!" I shouted as the pink haired boy jumped down next to me. "What are you doing here? Where are Shinoa-chan and the others?" I asked, starting to get a bit worried.

"I should be asking you the same thing? You just suddenly took off!" He stated, surprising me. "Where's that idiot?" He asked as he looked for Yuu. "Don't get in my way, Kimizuki! I'm gonna kill him!" Yuu exclaimed catching Kimizuki's attention.

His eyes widened as soon as he saw horns on Yuu's head. "What's wrong with him?" He asked. I shook my head. "He's turning into as demon. We need to hurry up and get him out of here!" I stated, causing Kimizuki's eyes to widen even more.

"Seven, eight..."

Realizing we were running out of time, Kimizuki and I quickly ran towards Yuu and pushed him out of the way. "Hey, wait!" Crowley shouted as he chased after us. Gritting my teeth, I let go of Yuu and blocked Crowley's path. "Kimizuki-kun, now!" I shouted. Kimizuki nodded and threw Yuu up in the air as far as he could.

"Nine, you're mine!"

As soon as the time was up, this black thing came out if the coffin, swallowing Yuu whole. The coffin soon fell to the ground with a thud and Kimizuki jumped down text to it, soon disappearing through a hole in the floor.

"Damn, I'm gonna miss my chance if I don't hurry up!"

I quickly ran after Kimizuki, jumping through the whole in in the floor. I had no choice, I had to leave Guren. The last thing I saw was my mother, who smiled and waved a small goodbye to me.

"Okaa-san...I hope I can see you again soon.."

Crowley and his henchmen tried to follow us, but they were soon blocked by two large demons. My eyes widened as I recognized who's demon's those were.

"Yoichi-kun! Mitsuba-senpai!"

"Kids, this is my last order! Escape without dying!" Was the last thing Things heard Guren shout before we disappeared.

"I promise Guren...I promise I'll come back and save you!"
.
.
.

*Timeskip: a little while later.*

"Shinoa-chan!" I shouted, giving her a big hug. "I'm so glad you're alright, Mayu-san! You had us so worried!" She said as she hugged me back. "You just suddenly ran off. Are you alright?" Yoichi asked curiously. I nodded. "Yes, I just feel completely different, like something inside me has changed." I stated, looking at my hands.

"What..exactly happened to me back there?"

Kimizuki opened the lid to the coffin, revealing an unconscious Yuu. I sighed in relief as I saw that he went back to normal. "okay, it was a success."He said as he lifted Yuu over his shoulder.

"What happened?" Mitsuba asked, starting to get worried. Kimizuki shook his head. "I'll explain later! Let's go!"

The six of us ran down the hall, trying to find a way to get out of the city hall before the vampires could get to us. "Kimizuki-san, what was that?" She asked, turning back to look at the discarded coffin behind us.

"I'll to Kiseki-o's ability. Someone who hears the nine counts are forced into containment for a few seconds." He stated. I turned towards him. "That really scared the shit out of me! I thought that thing was gonna kill us!" Kimizuki smirked. "What would you have preferred? The demon or the noble?" I shook my head and laughed nervously. "Neither obviously!"

Yoichi turned towards us. "What about the Lieutenant colonel?" He asked, looking to see if Guren was with us. I shook my head. "We had no choice...we had to leave him behind.." I stated, looking away sadly.

"This way! Hurry up! The enemy's reinforcements are here!" Shinya shouted as he came into the hallway. My eyes widened as I soon heard the sound of choppers in the distance. My eyes narrowed and I growled.

"He's right! Let's go!"
.
.
.

When we got outside, the choppers were already darn near over top of us. I looked around, seeing so many injured Demon Army soldiers. I quickly covered my mouth, the sent of blood starting to agitate me.

"So this is what blood smells like? No wonder vampires find the scent so damn intoxicating."

"You're late! We're heading to the rendezvous point without losing anybody!" Narumi shouted as he caught sight of us. I nodded and ran forward with the others.

"I hope we don't run into any other problems..."
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

"Snow.."

I looked up at the sky, watching as the one snow flake soon started to turn into many. It had been so long since I had seen snow that I almost started to forget what it looked like.

"Mayu-chan...Yuu-chan..."

"I hope I can see you again soon.."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"Krul-Sama, we'll arrive at Crowley Eusford's." One of the other nobles stated, catching her attention. "Okay."She said, sounding a bit bored.

She glanced over at Ferid, who was currently sitting right next to her, a smile on his face. She frowned.

What was that bastard planning?
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

I looked up at the planes that were passing over me. "They aren't Lacus' group. Must be the Kyoto group." I said, my eyes soon narrowing. I was running out of time. "I was run need to finish this before they come."

I soon heard footsteps in the distance and I quickly turned around, glaring as soon as I saw Demon Army soldiers heading in my direction.

"Great...another distraction.."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"Major general! We have enemies ahead!" Yayoi stated, catching my attention. I bared my fangs, gripping my weapon tightly in my hands.

"Great...another distraction.."

Shinya glared and grabbed his gun. "How many?!" He asked as Yayoi looked back forward. "Only one!" She stated, peeking my interest. "If it's just one, we can kill a noble! Everyone keep moving!" He ordered.

"Only one...? I've got a bad feeling.."

Soon, a small gust of wind blew through, causing my to shiver. "Cold! I hate winter weath--" I started to say, but I stopped as soon as I caught onto a familiar scent. My eyes widened.

"I knew it! I just knew it!"

"There are more vampires?!" Kimizuki exclaimed, starting to get irritated. Shinoa's eyes narrowed. "One shouldn't be a problem. Until it's clear, we'll stay in this formation and protect Yuu-san!"

I shook my head and ran up ahead of Shinoa. "We can't! We can't kill the vampire up and head of us!" I shouted, startling them.

"Thats...That's Mika-kun!"
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

I went to draw my sword, but I paused as soon as I saw two familiar figures amount the crowd of Demon Army soldiers.

"That's...Mayu-chan.. and Yuu-chan!"

My eyes widened as soon as I caught sight of them. I glared and drew my sword, ready to fight.

"You're going to give me back my family, humans."
.
.
.

*Flashback: Four years ago.*

"Alright, Mika-Nii, Yuu-Nii, Mayu-Okaa-san, we're going!" One of the kids said as he started to go down the stairs. Mayu smiled. "Be careful kids!" She said as they started to head out. I smiled as I heard them arguing slightly.

"Hey, Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan." I said, catching their attention. Yuu sighed and looked back at the book he was reading. "I'm busy right now." He said. Mayu frowned. "You can't be that busy.." She mumbled. Yuu rolled his eyes.

Pouting, I tugged on Yuu's sleeve. "Yuu-chan~~!" I whined, making Mayu giggle. He sighed in irritation and put his book down. "Be quiet. What is it, Mika?" He asked, I smiled. "If you could escape from here, what would you do, Yuu-chan?" I asked, causing him to look at me curiously.

"Huh? What nonsense are you talking about? The virus has spread to the outside world and annihilated the human race." I stated as Mayu sat next to me and Yuu, listening intently to what was going on.

"Hypothetically speaking, if we could escape to the outside world with just us family, if we could go to a world without vampires, don't you think it'd be fun?" I asked, curious about what what his answer would be. "Just us?" Yuu asked, looking at me curiously.

I nodded and smiked. "Yup, just us family." Yuu looked down at the ground. "Sure, that sounds fun, but..." He started to say, but he  stopped as soon as my eyes lit up in excitement. "Really?!" I asked as Yuu rolled his eyes and nodded. "Yeah, really."

I smiled and looked over at Mayu. "What would you do if we could escape from here Mayu-chan? " I asked, startling her. She scratched her cheek in embarrassment.

"U-Um...well...if I could, I would...um.." She said as she looked down at the growned, unsure of what to tell us. Yuu smirked. "Can't think of anything, can ya shortstack?" He taunted, causing her to glare. "I already know what I want to do, idiot!" She stated bluntly, causing Yuu to glared back. "Who are you calling  an idiot, shortstack?" He shouted. She just crossed her arms and stuck her tounge out at him. "Who do you think, idiot?"

"Why you..." Yuu growled as she giggled. "Oh no, I'm so very frightened!" She said sarcastically, starting to make Yuu even more irritated than he already was.

I laughed, watching in amusment as the two continued to bicker.. "Then I guess I need to get busy." I mumbled, causing Mayu and Yuu to stop fighting. They looked over at me curiously and I shook my head.

"Oh, nothing."

*End of flashback*
.
.
.

"I'll try extra hard today, you guys." I said as I pushed that memory back into the darkness. I needed to rescue my family as quickly as possible before anything else bad happened to them.

I glared and pointed my sword at the crowd of Demon Army soldiers. "Drink my blood, my sword." I ordered, wincing as the thorns cut into my skin. Right now, I didn't have time to worry about pain.

"I'm coming for you, Mayu-chan! Yuu-chan!"

"There's only one enemy! Eliminate him!" I heard their commander shout as they charged at me. I gripped my sword tightly, gritting my teeth as my sword drank more and more of my blood.

"Don't worry about the pain...just get you're family back! That's all you need to worry about!"

"Just completely shut it out!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"He's coming! Get ready to fight!" Narumi shouted, causing my eyes to widen.

"Oh no! I need to warn him! I need to tell Mika-kun to get away from here!"

Gritting my teeth, I put my weapon away. "MIKA-KUN! DONT COME OVER HERE! RUN AWAY!!" I shouted, hoping he could hear me. I frowned as he showed no signs of acknowledgment.

"Dammit! He can't hear me!"

Before Narumi's Squad could do anything, Mika avoided all of their attacks, proceeding to slash down all of the other troops in his way. "MIKA-KUN! GET AWAY!" I shouted once again as he soon came closer to us. He finally heard me, but he just shrugged me off and continued to run in my direction.

"No! Dammit, go the other way!  There's no way he's gonna make it here unscathed!"

"He's underestimated us, attacking us head on." Mito stated as Mika soon became surrounded in purple smoke. My eyes widened as I soon saw Guren's Squad members arriving to assist our advance. "He needs a good beating then." Goshi stated as he started to cast an illusionary spell.

"I need to help him! I need to help Mika-kun!"
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

I heard Mayu calling for me, telling me to turn around and run away. My eyes widened and I ignored her warning.

"No, not ever! I'm not gonna leave unless I have you and Yuu-chan with me!"

My eyes widened as soon as I realized it fell right into the Demon Army's trap. "What the hell is this.." I mumbled as he ways purple smoke soon enveloped me.

I soon felt a sering pain in my legs causing me to almost scream in pain. Gritting my teeth, I continued to charge forward, ignoring the pain.

"Don't be deceived! Step forward!"

I swung my sword as quickly as possible, causing the illusion to vanish. "Seriously?!" One of the Demon Army soldiers exclaimed, surprised that it was able to break out of his spell.

"I'm not letting you get through!" Another one shouted as she swung her sword at me. I quickly blocked her attack, only to fell a sharp pain in my left leg. Before isn't could do anything about it, I was harshly kicked down to the ground, wincing as I felt the pavement start to crack beneath me.

"Dammit...I need to ignore...the pain..."

"MIKA-KUN!"

I weakly looked up, catching sight of Mayu. Her eyes were widened in fear and sadness, tears starting to form in them.

My eyes widened as I realized that was the the same expression she had the same day four years ago when I died. I gritted my teeth as that horrible memory came back to me.

"No...not again..never again..."

Despite the overwhelming pain, I shot up and began charging forward, getting closer and closer towards Mayu and Yuu.

"Give them back.."

I took out as many soldiers around me as possible, wincing in pain as I continued to get hit left and right. I growled as it continued to plow through the Demon Army soldiers, only moments away from my family.

"Give them back right now dammit..."

My vision started to blur as I lost more blood, but I didn't care. They were...my family...they were right infront of me.

"Give them back...Mayu-chan...Yuu-chan.."

"GIVE ME BACK MY FAMILY!!!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

My eyes widened in surprise as Mika had finally reached us. He was so injured, how was he even able to get to us.

Mitsuba ran to try and stop him, but he quickly shoved her out of the way. He went to hit Kimizuki, but Shinoa quickly blocked him. "Please stop, Mikaela-san! We're Yuu-san and Mayu-san'--" She started to say, but he quickly cut her off by pushing her away. "Shut up!"

I gripped my weapon tightly, unsure of what to do.

"I need to...I need to stop him..."

He went to get to Kimizuki, but he quickly grabbed Mika's arm, stopping him as best he could. "We're not handing them over to you!" He stated, making Mika even madder. "Out of the way!" He shouted as he head butted Kimizuki.

Mika quickly grabbed Yuu, who was still unconscious, before he fell to the ground. Before Mika could do anything, Yoichi grabbed him, trying to stop him.

"I won't let you take Yuu-kun!"  Yoichi exclaimed as Mika tried to push him away. "I said, out of my--" He started to say, but Yoichi cut him off. "Kill me if you want! But if you're Yuu-kun and Mayu-chan's family, we're your family, too!  Mika-kun." He stated, causing Mika to glare.

Mika quickly shoved Yoichi off of him and raised his sword in the air. "Die!" He shouted as he went to kill my comrade.

"NO!"

I don't know what happened in that moment. I just felt a sudden urge come over me. "M-Mayu-chan...why..?!" He asked, quickly pulling his sword out of my stomach.

I stumbled backward, gritting my teeth in pain. "B-Because...I had to..." I stated, confusing him.

I stood up as best I could, my wound soon healing. "I told you, all those years back, remember? I told you, that no matter what, I was going to protect my family, even if it meant sacrificing my life to protect them." I stated, as I grabbed my weapon off the ground.

"That's why I protected Yoichi-kun! Because they are also my family! They were there for both Yuu-kun and I when we had lost everything! So I'm gonna do everything in my power to protect them! Even if.." I said as I swung my scythe, pointing at Mika, my best friend in the whole world.

"Even if that means I have to protect them from you.."

I could tell Mika was hurt by my words, but I couldn't show any concern. I had to stick to my words. "I'm sorry..but that's how it is." I said, my hands trembling.

"I never...I never thought I would have to point this weapon...at my own family.."

Mika frowned and reach out to me, his fingers brushing against against my cheek gently. I bit my lip, trying so hard not to give in. I didn't want to point my weapon at him, but he gave me no choice.

"Mayu--" He started to say, but he was cut off when when a blade was suddenly plunged into his chest. My eyes widened as his blood hit my cheek.

"No! No no no no!"

"Good job, Mayu-chan." Shinya said as he put his finger on the trigger, slowly starting to pull it back.

"What have I done! No!"

"Die, vampire."

I glared and bared my fangs. "DON'T YOU DARE HURT HIM!" I snarled as I swung my scythe, about to hit Shinya.

"Shi-chan!"

Suddenly, Shinya was sent flying, causing my eyes eyes to widen in surprise. Shinoa soon got infront of us protectively, blocking the way of the other Demon Army soldiers.

"Shinoa-chan..?!"

My eyes widened even more as Mika coughed up blood, his injury starting to get worse. "Mika-kun are you alright?" I asked, helping him sit up. He nodded slightly and turned towards Shinoa, glaring at her. "Wh-What do you think you're doing?" He asked as Shinoa turned to look at him.

"If you die, we'll get in to trouble with Yuu-san and Mayu-san later. So just take them and run away." She said, startling him. My eyes widened a bit. "Shinoa-chan...you--" I started to say, but I was cut off.

"What are you thinking?!" Taro shouted, glaring at all of us. "We're going to kill you along with him!" Rika exclaimed, causing me to glare and bare my fangs.

"Like hell you're gonna kill us!"

My eyes widened as my squad members stood infront of us protectively, pointing their weapons at the others. "Jeez, are you kidding?" Kimizuki asked, starting to feel nervous about this sudden plan. Mitsuba shrugged. "But we have no choice, since..." Yoichi nodded. "...we decided our tactic would be to "defend our friends"." He stated, finishing Mitsuba's sentence.

Shinoa's expression soon turned completely serious. "Here we go then, everybody!" She shouted as she swung her scythe, causing a few of the Demon Army soldiers to go flying backwards. I continued to watch as my friends fought off the Demon Army soldiers, trying to create a diversion so we could leave.

"Friends..." Mika mumbled, catching my attention. "Friends...? In a world like this, such a thing doesn't.." He said, soon going silent. I could tell that he was thinking about us, thinking about our family before they were all slaughtered by Ferid.

I sighed, trying to fight my tears. "Mika-kun, we should start leav--" I started to say, but I was suddenly stopped when Mika grabbed me and pulled me into a hug along with Yuu.

"H-He's crying..."

I closed my eyes tightly and and let my tears fall as I hugged Mika back. Finally...after all of this fighting...

We were all finally reunited...

"Hurry! Take this chance and go!" Shinoa shouted, turning towards us. She quickly turned back around, making sure no Demon Army soldiers got close to us. "We'll head to the airport after we clear things up. Join us there."

Mika looked up at Shinoa and glared. "Join you? Who'd join you--" He started to say, but Shinoa cut him off, starting to get irritated. "Okay, shut up, shut up, shut up! We're just gonna go ahead and trust you, so I'm counting on you. Now go!" She shouted.

Even though he wanted to say something, Mika stopped and grabbed both Yuu and I, holding us both in his arms. "Mika-kun.  Let me carry Yuu-kun. You're too--" I started to say, but he stopped me. "It's fine, I can do it." I frowned, turning away.

"But...it you move anymore than you already are..."

"You're gonna bleed out..."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Shinoa smiled in relief as she watched the three soon vanish in the distance. "It'll be just a short farwell, you guys. If we're lucky, we'll meet agai--" She started to say, but she was cut off when one of the Demon Army soldiers knocked her down on the ground.

"Die, traitor!" He shouted as he raised his sword above his head, about to hit her. "Don't kill her!" Shinya commanded, but he ignored him, only to be stopped by an angry Narumi. "His order was not to kill her! If you can't take orders on the battlefield, quit the Demon Company!"

Shinoa's eye widened and she let out a sigh of relief. Narumi turned towards her and glared. "Don't be so relieved. You have some explaining to do." He stated, causing Shinoa to look away nervously.

"There's no time for that! The enemy's reinforcements are coming!" Shinya shouted as one of the enemy planes flew over their heads. Soon afte, vampires dropped down, killing what was left of the Demon Army soldiers.

Narumi went to fight, but he was so distracted that he didn't notice the vampire behind him. Before he could even hit Narumi, Shinoa swung her scythe at the vampire, causing him to turn into dust.

"No!"

Narumi quickly turned around, his eyes widening as he saw his comrade Yayoi get struck down, soon falling to the ground dead. "Yayoi!" He shouted as he ran to go help his comrade. "Why you!" Taro shouted as he killed the vampire infront of Yayoi, only to be stabbed through the heart by another vampire that snuck up behind him.

"Damn you!!" Narumi seethed as he went to avenge his fallen comrades. Shinya quickly grabbed him by the shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. "Stop! We're dead meat if a noble comes! We're retreating!" Narumi turned towards him and glared. Did he really just suggest that they retreat!

Suddenly, more planes came into view, causing more vampires to drop down, leaving them with only two choices:

Stay and ight, only to be killed, or, retreat and live..
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

"Need to...get somewhere safe..."

"Gotta ignore...the pain..."

I bit my lip, trying to block out as much of the pain as I could, but it was already too much to handle. I knew that eventually I was gonna bleed out if I continued to carry both Mayu and Yuu..

But I just had to get them away from here...

I had to keep them safe...no matter what...

To be continued...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

21.2K 1.4K 9
{Short Story} Jisung may have the exterior of a happy and bubbly boy, but on the inside, he's lonely. He's watched as people have eventually left him...
744K 22.1K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
64.5K 1.1K 31
It's the summer before her senior year of high school, and Emilia Marshall is spending it at her beach house with her family and best friend, just li...
510K 19.7K 111
A Miraculous Ladybug Reader Insert Be (Name) and live her life as a student and a heroine when needed. How will she with Ladybug and Chat Noir save t...