Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

By vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 13: Human World
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies
Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren

3.1K 110 21
By vocaloidgeek14

(A/N: I can't believe I'm close to being done with this book. I'm so excited because this will be the first book I've ever completed! X3.

By the way, in this picture I drew both Mayu and Riza together. Drawing the pose took me forever. XP. I hope u all like it.)
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

I watched as the plane left, heading on its way to the Seventeenth Progenitor's location. I just hoped this plan worked long enough for me to get my family. I looked back over at the Demon Army soldier's body and glared.

"Did you protect Yuu-chan and Mayu-chan? No, you're just using them."

Sighing, I got back on track. "Okay, follow me! We'll go investigate the city hall!" I announced as I motioned for the vampire soldiers to follow me.

"I'm coming for you, Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I sharp gust of wind blew through, causing my hair to flutter playfully around.

"Mayu-chan."

I quickly turned around, searching for the faint voice that called out my name. "What's wrong, Mayu-san?" Shinoa asked, startling me. I shook my head. "Oh, nothing. I just noticed that it looks like it might rain soon." I stated, turning away.

"For a minute there..."

"I thought I heard Mika-kun...calling my name.."

Shinoa sighed. "It's a perfect day to launch an attack." She said, catching my attention. I smirked, gripping my weapon tightly.

"Yeah. It sure is."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Guren looked through the binoculars, frowning when he saw the vampires guarding the front of city hall. He sighed in irritation. "They definitely plan on ambushing us. So, what should we do?" He mumbled, trying to think of what to do.

"But, we're gonna do it, right?" Yuu asked, catching Guren's attention. We're gonna rescue the hostages, right? He asked again, clenching his fists. "Why go head-on knowing it's a trap?!" Narumi asked, causing you to grit his teeth. "Then what are we doing?!"

Guren looked to the side in thought. Let's see.." He mumbled as he looked over at everyone. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke. "Okay. We'll snipe from here to see how they react." He stated as he looked over the side of the building.

"We have four targets; Crowley Eusford, Chess Belle, and Horn skuld. And just recently, we got word that the Fourth Progenitor has appeared as well. If the enemy is stronger than us, we're giving up on the hostages." Mayu's eyes widened.

They would really give up on the hostages if things got tough?! What the hell! "What?! Giving up?! There's an way I can do that!" Yuu shouted, enraged. Mayu nodded. "I'm sorry, but we can't give up on our comrades like that!"

Shinoa put a on their shoulders. "The both of you, calm down. Lieutenant colonel, what's our priority for this mission?" Shinoa asked, trying to change the subject. Guren motioned towards everyone. "To maintain our current headcount. Then, saving the hostages. We won't fight if we're gonna die."

"So there's another mission waiting for us after this?" Narumi asked. Guren nodded. "Our job is to keep the vampires in Nagoya for as long as we can, and stall so the Shibuya main unit has time to get ready." Narumi's eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"The Shibuya main unit is on the move?" Guren nodded. "Yeah. If it's going as planned, they're on their way to Shinjuku." He said as he checked his pocket watch. "So basically, these missions in Nagoya are all decoy missions." Kimizuki stated, causing Mayu's fists to clench.

"That's right. This noble extermination mission is just phase one." Guren said, startling everyone. "From here on, we need to draw the enemy's attention and last as long as we can." Shinya walked up next to Guren. "That's why we're going to see how the enemies react. If they attack, we'll run. If it works out, we could free the hostages." He stated as Guren's eyes narrowed. "And if it really works out, we'll kill Crowley and them."

Shinya shook his head and grabbed his weapon. "It's not going to work out that well." Guren sighed. "Such a pessimist."

"I'm just telling it as it is. But, let's do the best we can." Shinya said, turning towards Yoichi. "Yoichi, come with me. We're up." Yoichi nodded, his expression turning into a serious one. "Okay." Narumi turned towards his comrades, the same serious expression. "Everyone get into position! Be ready to attack!" They all nodded, getting ready for battle.

Shinoa did the same. "Lets go you guys!" She said, drawing her weapon. Yuu cracked his knuckles, ready for a fight. Mayu grabbed her weapon, holding it tightly in her hands. This was it.

There was no time to be a coward!

Shinya pointed his gun directly at the city hall. "I'll target the fourth floor. You take the fifth floor." Yoichi nodded and pulled back the string of his bow, focusing in on the fifth floor. His eyes widened as he caught sight of Crowley.

"I-I have a visual on a vampire on the fifth floor!He's a noble!" He informed, his hands trembling slightly. That was the same noble he and the others came into contact with back in Shinjuku. "Please give me the green light to shoot before he sees us!" Guren's eyes widened and he quickly nodded. "You have it! Do it!" He shouted. Yoichi nodded and pulled back the string of his bow even farther.

"Go! Gekkouin!"
.
.
.

"Hm?" Crowley hummed curiously as he felt the atmosphere soon change.  Suddenly, the wall exploded, causing glass and pieces of the wall to go flying everywhere. Riza's eyes narrowed and she quickly dodged a piece of rubble that was hurling in her direction.

Crowley soon stood up, holding what looked like a green and black bird on his hand "What's this?" He asked, his grip around the bird tightened. "Weird." He mumbled as he threw the bird aside, causing it to soon disappear.

Riza growled. "Looks like those Demon Army bastards finally showed up." She cracked her knuckles, ready to fight. Suddenly, she flinched, her mood changing. She smelled the air around her, as if to confirm something important. "This smell..." She mumbled, her eyes soon going wide.

"Mayu...."
.
.
.

"T-Target missed." Yoichi stated, causing Shinyas eyes to narrow. "Ordinarily, even a noble wouldn't be able to dodge that. Which means..." Guren glared. "...that he's extremely strong." He stated, finishing Shinya's sentence. "It makes sense that nine elite teams were wiped out."

Yoichi turned towards Yuu. "Yuu-kun! We know him!" He stated, surprising him. "He's the guy we fought before we headed to Shinjuku! He's with his comrades." Yuu's eyes widened as he recalled every horrible moment back in Shinjuku. Mayu's eyes widened as well and she growled. That bastard almost killed her comrades back in Shinjuku.

"Oi, gimme that!" Yuu shouted as he yanked the pair of binoculars out of Guren's hand and looked through them, zooming in on the noble.
.
.
.

"Crowley-Sama, are you okay?" Horn asked, checking to see if he was alright. "What was that thing just now?" Chess asked curiously as she looked out the window. "Seems we have a visitor." He said as he looked right in the direction the attack came from.
.
.
.

Yuu's eyes widened and he backed up slightly. "That's him! I'm sure of it! He was super strong!" He stated, turning towards Guren. "Yeah, and we have no chance of  winning if we go in head-on." Guren said, starting to get a bit worried.

"What are we gonna do, Guren?" Mayu asked, starting to get worried as well. Shinya sighed. "Two choices. Either we shoot the hostages before they're tortured and run--" He started to say, but Yuu cut him off. "What?! You've gotta be kidding!" He said as he stormed towards Shinya. Shinoa quickly stopped him.

"Yuu-san! Please stay calm!" She shouted. Yuu sighed in frustration. "What is the other option?" Shinoa asked, hoping it wasn't anything bad either. Shinya looked at her from the corner of his eye. "Successfully split the enemies up, save the hostages and retreat. Of course, I don't have say which one will have more survivors."

Yuu turned towards Guren. "There's no way we're leaving behind comrades. Right, Guren?" He asked. Guren remained silent. Narumi sighed and turned towards Guren. "Lieutenant colonel, we should kill the hostages and retreat. Seeing as they're not attacking back, luckily, they must not care about us." Mayu's eyes widened, her temper rising.

The last of the calm she was keeping vanished and she charged at Narumi, grabbing him by the collar of his uniform. "YOU BASTARD! WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?! YOU'RE NOT TAKING ANY OF THIS SERIOUSLY ARE YOU?!" She shouted, her fists trembling in anger. "No, you are not taking this seriously!" Narumi stated, shoving Mayu off him.

Yuu glared and went to charge at Narumi, but Shinoa stopped him. Mayu glared herself. "HOW? HOW THE HELL AM I NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY?!" She shouted, causing Narumi's eyes to narrow. "My friends are in that group of hostages. I'm more shaken up than you, but I should put on a frown and make a scene?" He said. Mayu sighed, starting to calm down. He had a point.

"But Lieutenant colonel, this is a decoy misson, correct? To keep the enemy's eyes from the Shibuya main unit." Shinoa asked as she turned towards Guren. "Then--" She started to say, but he cut her off. "I know. We'll attack big at first so they'll think we're the main unit."

Shinya nodded, still keeping his eye on the enemy. "I don't mind doing that, but there's no way well win with them waiting around for us like that." He stated, causing Guren to sigh. "We'll just retreat if we can't win. Come on, we'll change our location."
.
.
.

"There's no second wave?" Crowley asked curiously, expecting there to be some sort of attack coming at them. "Should we go attack them?" Chess asked curiously. Riza shook her head. "That's what they'll want us to do." She stated bluntly as she leaned against the wall. "Riza-san is right. Let's just wait patiently for them."

"But knowing they don't stand a chance from the first attempt, will they still attack again?" Horn asked. Crowley shook his head. "Humans are foolish in the medium and long-term, but not so dull in short-term." He stated, throwing a piece of the rubble aside. Chess tilted her head to the side curiously. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Riza sighed. "Meaning they've made the preparations to beat us nobles." She stated, not sounding impressed. "So that's why you're sure they'll attack again?" Horn asked. Crowley stood up. "Or they have another agenda." He stated, catching Riza's attention.

"Ferid always wants a lot of information, so we need to gather intel." Crowley said, causing Chess to sigh in frustration. "I don't like Ferid-Sama because I don't understand him!" Horn giggled. "For the first time, you and I agree." She stated, making Chess pout.

"Yeah, but there's never a dull moment with him." Crowley stated with a smile. Riza rolled her eyes. "Oh please, when I'm around him, every moment is dull." She stated bluntly. Crowley looked at her sadly. "Don't say such things like that Riza-san." Riza just crossed her arms and shook her head.

Crowley chuckled. "So, here's the plan." He said, getting back on track. "We'll only capture the commander who probably has intel, okay?" Riza nodded.

"Sounds like good idea."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I shuddered as I brushed a spider off my arm. There were so many cobwebs and spiders that this new location was starting to make me uncomfortable.

"I swear to god if there is a rat in here, I'm gonna scream! Why did Guren have to pick a place like this..? So dark and creepy!"

"Here's the plan."Guren said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly turned my attention towards him, not caring about any of the pests that were scurrying around anymore. "My Squad and Shinya will attack Crowley Eusford and his comrades. Narumi's and Shinoa's Squad will go rescue the hostages while we're at it." He stated.

"Will you be alright with just you guys?" Yuu spoke up, looking a bit worried. "Our basic strategy is to fight while running away, so we should be okay." Guren said as he pulled out his pocket watch and looked at the time. "You only have five minutes to go rescue the hostages. After that, retreat and join the other squads at the Nagoya Airport." I looked down at the ground.

"Something about this plan...it just doesn't bode well with me..."

"What's the mission after that?" Kimizuki asked as he stepped forward. Guren turned towards him. "There'll be a carrier helicopter and a directive at the airport. Follow that. We'll launch the attack at 1505. Get into positions, everyone!" Guren stated, starting to walk towards Shinya and his squad.

"I need to say something."

I stepped forward. "Lieutenant colonel Guren! Take me with you!" I stated, catching his attention. "I don't know why, but I feel like I should, no, that I need to go into the city hall myself. So please, take me with you!" I said as I bowed.

"I need to go there! I can't explain why, but I need to!"

It was silent for a moment, but Guren finally said something. "Alright. But don't slow me down." He stated bluntly, surprising me. I didn't think he would actually agree to that. I nodded.

"Thank you sir!"
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"Shinya, the enemies?" Guren asked as he walked up to him. Shinya shook his head. "No movement. They're probably waiting for us. We should probably assume they have something up their sleeve as well." He stated, causing Mayu to look up in worry.

"Are we really attacking first?" Mito asked. Guren nodded. "Yeah. With Goshi's illusionary spell, we can make it look like 200 men are attacking. Right?" He asked as he turned towards him. Goshi's eyes narrowed. "Easier said then done. That's impossible unless I get close to the enemies." Guren smirked. "Then get close." He stated bluntly, causing Goshi's eyes to widen.

Shinya laughed. "Well, Goshi's a dead man." Goshi sighed in defeat. "Oh, come on, Major general Shinya." May laughed, but soon went silent. She hugged her knees close to her and put her head down, mumbling.

"I wonder if Yuu-kun is okay with my decision.."

Guren looked over at Mayu and sighed. Was she even okay with her own decision? She was probably surprised that he even accepted her idea so quickly without argument. He had no choice but to agree with it though.

After all...that woman wanted to see her..
.
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

I sighed, trying to stay focused. I had to focus on the mission...but I couldn't.

"Why would Mayu ask to go with Guren? It doesn't make any since!"

I looked forward, gritting my teeth in frustration. I thought we were supposed to stick together all the time, so why did she just suddenly leave like that?! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't mad at her or anything, I just wanted her to be safe.

"Should we team up and do this?" Narumi asked snapping me out of my thoughts. Shinoa shook her head. "No, if we're going to free as many as we can in five minutes.." Narumi nodded. "...we should do it separately. Okay, we'll move individually. He said as we started to split up. "Oh yeah, kids." He said, catching our attention. Narumi smiled. "Don't die."

I nodded. "Same goes for you guys." Narumi laughed. "There's no way well die. Who do you think is the leader?" He said as he motioned towards himself. Narumi then turned away from us and started to walk in the opposite direction.

"Okay, let's go save our comrades!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"Alright, let's get started then. You guys ready?" Guren asked as we all readied our weapons to fight. I nodded, gripping my weapon tightly. I felt someone pat me on the back and I turned around startled. "Don't be so nervous. It'll be okay." Shinya stated, giving me a reassuring smile. I nodded, trying not to get so nervous.

"Lets go, Konekomaru!"

"Be safe, Yuu-kun.."

.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Okay, let's set our clocks." Shinoa said as she pulled out her pocket watch, instantly setting an alarm. "Please set your alarm for 1510. When the alarm goes off, we're going to retreat no matter what." She stated, suddenly turning towards me. "Especially you, Yuu-san. That's an order." I looked at her, completely surprised.

"Why is she directing this completely at me? Did I do something?"

Shinoa's eyes narrowed. "When the time's up, we'll retreat, no matter who's in what circumstances. That's this mission's rule. Even if it means leaving behind one of us." She said as she looked down at the ground.

"Even if it means leaving one of them behind?! I can't do that!"

"But..." I started to say, but she quickly cut me off by putting a finger on my lips. "No buts. I'm the Squad leader, and I don't want anyone killed because of my mistake. So please, please follow my orders." I looked away, not sure of really what to say.

Sighing, I grabbed her hand and moved it away. "Alright. I will." I said, surprising her. "We just need to save everyone within five minutes, right?" I asked. She nodded.

"If it's that easy..." Shinoa started to say, but Mitsuba cut her off. "No, it'll work out. Our teamwork has gotten better, too." She said enthusiastically.  "Yeah! We've become good friends, too." Yoichi beamed, smiling at us. Kimizuki shook his head. "Not that good." He stated, causing Yoichi to pout. "You're so mean!" Kimizuki laughed. "I'm just kidding."

"This would be a lot more fun if Mayu was here.."

Suddenly, there was a huge explosion behind us, causing the ground to shake slightly. I quickly turned to see that that hole had been blown into one of the clock towers of the city hall building. Shinoa's eyes narrowed and she drew her weapon.

"Lets start our mission!
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

"Die, human!"

I growled and swung my scythe, causing the vampire that was attacking me to instantly turn into dust. I quickly took a look around me to see how everyone was doing and my eyes widened when I saw they were doing a better job than I was.

"Wow...they're so awesome!"

I suddenly felt a sharp pain on the side of my face and I quickly jumped back. "You should pay better attention to your surroundings, human." The vampire snarled as he charged at me. I felt something warm drip down my cheek, causing me to wince in pain.

"That bastard.."

I took a deep breath and swung my scythe behind me, waiting for the vampire to get close to me.

"Obliterate everything in your path, Konekomaru-kuchiku-kan!"

I didn't even give the vampire a chance to attack, I just swung my scythe, causing the vampire to erupt in purple flames and turn completely into dust. I saw a small moth fly past me, landing right on my wound. I sighed in relief as the wound quickly closed up.

"Now..to go help free the hostages!"

I quickly ran after both Guren and Mito, slaying whatever vampire got in our way. "Lieutenant colonel?! Why did you come?!" One of the hostages shouted, trying to get Guren to turn back. "Please go on without us!" Another shouted, hoping we would listen and go.

Soon, more vampires came charging at us, leaving us completely outnumbered. Guren glared. "Goshi, are we in?" He shouted, turning towards his comrade. Suddenly, more Demon Army soldiers appeared behind us, causing my eyes to widen.

"Wait..when did we get..? Oh jeez, that's right. It's an illusion!"

Goshi's eyes narrowed. "They're in my illusion range! Let's go!" He said with a smirk. We all charged forward, taking out as many vampires as we could. I turned to see that the vampires had actually fallen for the illusionary spell and started to attack the fake soldiers. "We need to stop them here!" One of the vampires shouted, trying to block the attacks that were coming at him.

I looked back ahead quickly, keeping my eyes peeled for any of the nobles that would decide to jump out at us.

"I really hope Yuu-kun and the others are doing okay..."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"What? Are we going to be saved?" One of the Demon Army hostages asked as he watched Guren and his squad run by. Suddenly, he felt the ropes around his wrist become undone and he turned around, his eyes widening. "Are you okay?" Narumi asked as he cut his comrade down. "Narumi?! You..?!"

Narumi quickly turned towards his comrades. "Kagiyama, Yayoi, Rika! You guys free Kato's Squad!" He shouted as they nodded and ran off, starting to free the others. "Shusaku, you come with me" He said as he turned towards the dark haired male.
.
.
.

Crowley chuckled as he watched the battle progress quickly.

"Alright, things are getting interesting."
.
.
.

Guren caught sight of Crowley and quickly jumped up to the fifth floor, coming face to face with him. "Oh, I've seen that face before. So you're the commander." Hebsaid, not sounding impressed.

"We've come to kill you, vampire!" Guren shouted as he swung his sword. Crowley quickly drew his sword, blocking the attack." Guren smirked. "Pretty strong, but not good enough!" He stated, putting his sword back in its sheath. He quickly grabbed a few sutras and threw them at Crowley, causing them to explode on impact.

When the smoke cleared, Crowley grabbed Guren by the arm, startling him. "You're the one who isn't good enough." He said as he went to swing his sword at Guren, but he stopped when he felt a barrel of a gun being pointed at his head.

"No, its you." Shinya stated as he put his finger on the trigger. "There, checkmat--" He started to say, but he was cut off when Crowley threw Guren right into him. Due to the sudden impact, Shinya accidentally pulled the trigger, causing another part of the city hall to blow up.

"Oh no, Lieutenant colonel!" Mito shouted as she went to aid Guren and Shinya, but Goshi quickly stopped her. "Don't. We'll only drag them down even if we go now." Mayu grit her teeth and clenched her weapon tightly. "I'm sorry, Goshi-san..but I can't just sit here and do nothing!" She stated as she dashed past him. He went to stop her, but it was already to late.

She was already too far down the path of fate..

"Makoto.." Shusaku went to say, worried by the sudden explosion. Narumi shook his head.

"Continue the mission! We need to save as many as possible!"
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Oi, Shinoa what should we do?" Mitsuba asked, needing an immediate answer. Shinoa went to say somethin, but I quickly cut her off. "There's nothing to think about! Of course we're going to help them!" I shouted, catching their attention.

"If it goes well, we could launch a pincer attack." Kimizuki mention as Yoichi nodded. "Lets do it, Shinoa!" He shouted. Shinoa looked up at me and glared. "Just for three minutes, then."

I nodded and smiled. "That's plenty. Let's go!" Shinoa quickly stopped us before we could run off.

"I'll come up with the plan! Please do as I say!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I leaned against the wall, trying to regain my raged breathing. "Damn kid...don't do that ever again.."Guren stated as he wheezed in pain. I shook my head. "Sorry...I though I could buy you guys sometime to escape.." I stated, causing Guren to glare. "How, by lighting us on fire?!"

Shinya chuckled, soon letting out a strained sigh of pain. "He's bad news. He's on a whole different level than the other nobles." He stated.

I looked down at the ground. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this is probably the end for us." I stated, trying not to cry. Guren shook his head. "No, its going as planned." Shinya rolled his eyes. "Yeah right."

"We at least have their attention. As bait, we did our jobs. Now we need to think of an escape plan." Guren stated, getting ready to explain what to do next.

"But the show's just about to start."

The three of us quickly shot up, startled by the sudden comment. Soon, Crowley stepped into the room and I gave him a hateful glare.

"Finally..."

Crowley noticed my glare and he sighed sadly. "Now, now, Riza-chan. Don't be so cold." He said as the door suddenly swung open, revealing his two helpers. My eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Wait. I thought the Fourth Progenitor was supposed to be helping them out?"

The blonde vampire smiled as she stood next to Crowley. "I won't let you disappoint Crowley-Sama. " She stated as the purple haired vampire soon joined her. "Lets start the show already, Crowley-Sama." Shinya sighed in irritation. "Hear that?" Guren nodded. "I guess we have to accept their invitation. You ready, Mayu?" He asked as he turned towards me. I nodded, tightening my grip on my weapon.

"You have no idea."
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"Where are you going, Shinoa?! Guren's on the fourth floor!" I shouted as I pointed towards the staircase going towards the fourth floor. Shinoa shook her head and motioned for us to be quiet.

"Be quiet and follow me!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

Guren continued to swing his sword at Crowley, who only continued to block his attacks. Shinya glared, trying to get a good shot at Crowley. "Tsk. Stop moving!" Before he could pull the trigger, the blonde vampire quickly stopped him. "Crowley-Sama, shall we?" She asked, starting to get a bit impatient.

"I can handle this level on my own." He stated, brushing her off. Guren took his chance and tried to hit Crowley, but he quickly blocked. "Oh, you're getting a little better." He stated, his eyes narrowing. Crowley's helpers went to intervene, but I quickly blocked their was. "Don't you dare..forget that your opponent is me.." I seethed as I started to attack them. I needed to keep them away from Guren and Shinya..

Without failure..
.
.
.

Guren was soon sent flying backwards, but that didn't stop him. When he reached the ceiling, he quickly plunged his sword into it.

"Mahiru-no-yo!"

He grit his teeth and turned towards Shinya, who finally had Crowley in his attack range. Shinya quickly took the shot, but Crowley quickly repelled his attack, causing to come right back at him.

"Aren't you two repeating that same move a bit too much?" He asked, starting to get annoyed. I grit my teeth and quickly jumped back, blocking Crowley's way.

"Sorry Guren...but I have to!"

I quickly raised my scythe in the air and swung it back down as hard as I could.

"Obliterate everything in your path, Konekomaru-kuchiku-kan!"

Soon, everything was engulfed in purple flames, giving the three of us enough time to escape. "Come on, grab Shinya-san and let's go before the flames clear!" I shouted as I helped Guren carry Shinya.

"Is the wound deep, Shinya?" Guren asked as he winced in pain himself. Shinya shook his head. "I-I'm fine but this isn't good." Guren grit his teeth. "Walk on your own if you're fine!"

I quickly looked behind us to see if we were being followed, and then I turned towards Guren. "I though the Fourth Progenitor was supposed to be with them, what the hell?!" I asked. "I don't know. Maybe she's off fighting one of the other squads." Guren said as we stopped to take a quick breather.

"I'll hold them off behind us." Shinya said, but I shook my head. "No, your injured. Let me do it." As soon as I said that, I heard the wall behind us being knocked down. "Oi, don't run away. I don't like to run." Crowley stated as he started to chase after us. Shinya grit his teeth and pointed his gun at Crowley, pointing the trigger. "Then don't chase us."

Crowley quickly dodged the attacks and sighed. "You guys attacked us first and now you don't want me to chase you? You humans are always selfish." He stated, continuing to come after us.

I quickly grabbed my weapon, letting go of Shinya. "You two go. I'll buy you some time." I stated. Guren quickly turned to me and glared. "You idiot, it's too dangerous!" I shook my head. "I'll be fine! Just go already dammit!" Guren went to say something back to me, but I cut him off.

"JUST FUCKING GO, GOD DAMMIT!!"

Guren's eyes widened at the sudden rage in my voice. I smiled and turned away. "Lets just say that this is a thanks for taking care of me for these past four years. Now go." I stated. Even though he wanted to, Guren didn't argue. He quickly grabbed Shinya and ran off.

I held up my scythe defensively as Crowley approached me. He chuckled. "As much as I would like to fight you Riza-chan, I can't. Please move aside." I shook my head. "If you want to get to my comrades.."

"YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GET THROUGH ME FIRST!"
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

"Is he still following us?" Guren asked, hoping that Crowley didn't kill Mayu. Shinya shook his head. "No. I think Mayu-chan is still holding him back." Guren's eyes widened in amazment.

She was still fighting him after this long? How strong did she get?

Suddenly the wall infront of them came crashing with Mayu being suddenly sent flying backwards. She let out a strained cry of pain as she hit the wall behind her. "Mayu!" Guren shouted as the green haired female tried to get up. "G-Go...run..I have him handled.." She shouted as she soon coughed up blood.

Crowley soon emerged, walking towards Mayu. "I didn't want to hurt you Riza-chan, but I have no choice now." He stated as he went to stab her. But before he could, Guren quickly blocked him. "Don't you dare hurt her!"

Crowley smirked and knocked Guren's sword out of the way, stabbing him right in the shoulder. "Guren!" Mayu shouted as she weakly lifted herself off the ground. "Oops, I'm not supposed to kill you. I've got lots of questions for you." He stated, driving his sword even deeper into Guren's shoulder.

"Dammit!" Shinya mumbled as he pointed his gun at Crowley. "I'm done for! You take command and continue this mission!" Guren stated, causing both Mayu's and Shinya's eyes to widen. "No! We're not leaving you!" Mayu shouted back, her anger already on the verge of snapping.

"Go.." Guren chocked as Crowley lifted him up by his throat. "You should listen to him, before I change my mind." He stated, his grip starting to get tighter. Mayu ignored Crowley's warning and quickly charged at him. "Let go of Guren!!!"

Suddenly, before she could hit him, the floor underneath broke open, revealing Yuu. Mayu's eyes widened in surprise and relief as she saw him. "Yuu-kun!" She shouted, soon wincing as a piece of the floor hit her.

Yuu swung at Crowley, but he quickly blocked the attack sending him spiraling backwards. Before Yuu could do anything else, he soon found himself about to be hit, unable to block. Mayu's eyes widened and she quickly ran forward, trying to help.

"Dammit...I'm not gonna make it.."

"YUU-KUN!!"

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

893K 51K 60
"How can you love someone that you couldn't see in person?" "You don't understand." #30 in Fanfiction - Sept. 25, 2017 #727 - Aug. 1, 2017 Date start...
202K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
64.5K 1.1K 31
It's the summer before her senior year of high school, and Emilia Marshall is spending it at her beach house with her family and best friend, just li...
12.5K 357 42
Y/n Akane. A girl who lost the only family she believed she had at the mere age of 7 wanted nothing more than to follow in her mother's footsteps and...