Forgiving You (Dublin Sister...

By hayatkhan07

She was abandoned on her wedding day. The groom disappeared. There were accusations. Her honour was at sta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (edited)
Valima Invitation
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Good news
Chapter 44
Divorce in Islam
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Thank you
Plagiarism & unpublishing

Chapter 30

35.4K 1.8K 973
By hayatkhan07

The Siddique household was bustling with energy as everyone was running around doing last minute preparations for the valima. Manal was setting all the corsages to be given to the female guests on a silver platter. While Muhammad and Seema were greeting family and friends who had gathered in the household and together would leave for the valima venue at the Castleknock Hotel and Country Club. Salman had gone to get the car decorated.

Nawal was sitting in front of the large mirror on the dresser in her room as the makeup artist did the last touches of makeup. The makeup artist stepped back for Nawal to scrutinize her appearance. She was donned in a white bridal dress that was heavily embroidered with dull gold zardosi and there was appliqué of light blue and pale rose pink bordering the top and the flaring lahenga (full skirt) as well as the dupatta that was set on her head. She was wearing gold and pearls jewellery with various precious gems. The long top had been custom tailored showcasing her tall slender figure. This dress was a contrast of the wedding day dress. But this dress was meant for a union with another man. A man who abandoned her. With each passing day, her bitterness towards Daud increased as reality set in.

Her eyelashes swept down to the floor concealing her anguish. "Is there something wrong?" the makeup artist asked.

Nawal eased her frown and looked up, "No there is nothing wrong. Thank you." As she gazed herself at the mirror her eyes met Salman's who was standing by the door as he entered their bedroom.

His appreciative eyes followed her from her fancy hairstyle gliding down her face to her dress. Her cheeks warmed and she turned to the makeup artist, "We are done now?"

The woman smiled, "Yes I will just pack my things then."

Salman decided to take a shower while the makeup artist prepared to depart. He was hot and sweaty after spending the day out running around doing last minute errands. His hair was all dishevelled, his beard not trimmed and his t-shirt clung to his broad shoulders in a snug fit.

Nawal sat on the bed lost in her thoughts of the evening where she will have to pretend of being a happy bride. How she wished she was still single. She missed her freedom. Although, the last two days since she was back in her new home had been pleasant. Salman had been caring towards her. He hadn't mentioned about her dressing or triggered anymore arguments. Slowly, she had felt at ease with him. If she was honest with herself, there wasn't much to complain about except that this was not how she planned her life and the sudden change was overwhelming and difficult to absorb.

Salman stepped out of the bathroom in his bath robe. His black wet hair gleamed under the lamp light and as she eyed him casually noticing he had trimmed his beard.

"Is my suit in the wardrobe?" he enquired opening the door of the closet.

"Yes," she murmured.

Taking out the suit hanger, he lay it on the bed beside her. The stash of the bathrobe was loosened and she averted her eyes in modesty to the floor. She was still not comfortable with the intimacies of the marriage. The bathrobe fell to the ground and he took hold of his boxers. When he was dressed in his trousers, he bent to lift the discarded robe.

"You are blushing," he said amusedly. His eyes never leaving her face.

She warily glanced at him and sighed in relief to see he was at least in his formal pants, "What do you expect? You are changing in front of me."

He chuckled as his arms went in the sleeves of the crisp white shirt. "You will get used to it."

She narrowed her eyes, "As if you are used to it. This is your first marriage too."

He smirked buttoning the first two buttons of his shirt, his lower ab pecs clearly visible from the gap of the shirt. He sauntered towards her with a naughty gleam in his eyes, "How do you know?"

"I know enough about you," she lifted her head confidently.

He lightly tapped her nose, "Do I hear a jealous wife?"

She scrunched her nose, "No I am not."

Holding her gaze, he whispered, "I am only yours. You don't need to worry about anything."

Her cheeks turned crimson far more than the blusher that was applied on her by the makeup artist. The heavily make up eyelids obstructed her expressive eyes as she lowered her eyes bashfully. He opened the first drawer on the side drawer by the bed and lowered himself in front of her on the floor.

"I got you something." He placed the jewellery box on her lap.

Her startled gaze met his, "What is it?"

"See for yourself," he smiled gently.

Her fingers slightly quivered as she opened the jewellery box. A gasp left her lips as she stared at the intricate design gold bangle which was embellished with rubies, the sapphires and emeralds.

His hands on her knees and with doubtful eyes, he asked after she didn't say anything for a long moment, "Do you like it?"

She swallowed, no one had ever given her such a valuable gift. She nodded unable to speak, "Y..yes..yes it is very beautiful."

"I want you to wear it at all times." he murmured, plucking the bangle out of its confinement. His warm hand held her hand as he slipped the bangle on her wrist. It sparkled well on her complimenting her dress.

"Thank you" she mumbled still admiring the bangle.

"You can do better than that." his smirk spreading on his lips. Biting the inner flesh of her lower lip, her heart raced and she took a moment to decide whether she should. Glancing again at the bangle and admiring it, she finally gave in to his request and leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

As she drew back, she giggled, "You have lipstick on you."

Squeezing her knees, he blatantly replied, "I wouldn't mind your lipstick on me any time." he winked as he straightened and continued to button his shirt.

He was in a strange mood today, she deduced. Her fingers traced the design of the bangle. If he remained like this, she may learn to be happy with him. With that in mind, she stood up and held the waist coat for him, "Here I will help you."

He let her assist him, her hands brushing over his wide shoulders as he shrugged into the waistcoat. When he fastened the buttons of the waistcoat, his arms slid around her waist and he pulled her closer, "You are beautiful."

She had been gazing up in his eyes smilingly. But the words slipped the smile away. Another man had complimented her with those exact words countless times. The sweet memories flooded back. It was bitterness-sweetness now, heavy on her heart. She stiffened in his arms and he frowned, "Nawal?"

She was spared to answer him as there was a knock on the door and immediately it was opened. Manal had one look at her brother and sister in law and blushed, "I think I came in the wrong time."

Nawal hastily drew back from Salman's arms, "No, it's ok."

Manal sceptically glanced at her brother and Nawal and said, "Ammi wants you to hurry up and come down now as we are getting late."

It was time for the wedding reception festivities to begin...

****

The banquet hall was decorated in ivory, white, light yellow and light pinks. There were ivory curtains on the large windows. There were fresh multiple colour roses on Waterford crystal vase set up on the round tables with the Newbridge fine china and cutlery. Tea lights were glowing on each table giving a very romantic ambience. Ivory table cloths were draped on the tables and ivory frills were attached to the chairs.

A podium adorned with fresh roses an ivory sofa and fancy damask design white and gold cushions was arranged on one end of the banquet hall where everyone's eyes were at the bride and groom sitting at the elegant sofa, greeting guests and expressing their gratitude to the well-wishers. When Salman gaze met his friends, he excused himself and sauntered to the round table where all his closest friends were sitting.

"Looks who's here? The eager groom," Saad back slapped Salman in a friendly manner.

Fadil cocked his eyebrow, "He was making fun of me when I said I was getting married in two days and here he decided in a span of hours to get married on the day."

Salman chortled.

Saad nudged Fadil, "Do you see that no pretend excuses as well. He is proud of the fact."

Fadil smirked, "No he doesn't plan to hide his eagerness."

Salman shook his head at his friends' good natured teasing, "I understand you both now."

Fadil extended his hand and when Salman shook his hand, Fadil pulled him in a hug, smacking his back, "Welcome to the club of married men. Our prayers are with you."

"Oh yes, when the wife gives out to you, don't come running to us." Saad added.

"And don't tell us it won't happen. Believe me, it does. And you have no escape then," Fadil teased further.

"I think I have already tasted wife's temper," Salman muttered.

Saad's eyebrows shot up, "Already?" he started laughing loudly, "You are a goner then. Be prepared for it for a lifetime."

"I will give you a tip. No matter what wife says just nod. That's my trick to keep Ramlah happy." Fadil beamed.

Saad high-fived with Fadil, "Same here mate only way to keep Sana happy."

Salman smile grew, his relationship with Nawal was progressing well. They had been content the last couple of days and soon he would be laughing with his friends about it all.

Nawal was sitting on the elegant settee when her university friends rushed to her, "Look at you!" gushed Lisa.

Nawal smiled and held her friend's hand. Aoife scanned her appearance, "You look wonderful. And look at your man. Oh my God! He is so hot. No wonder you were head over heels crazy for him."

Astonished, Nawal's eyebrows raised. After her friends left, she had a quiet moment and she discreetly stared at her new husband. He was handsome, there was no doubt about that. At the moment, he was busy laughing with his friends. There was an aura of confidence in his demeanour where he could easily carry conversations with people of all ages. He was tall and well built. Very well built. Much more than Daud. It was the result of his obsession of gym. The suit he was wearing was easily showcasing his broad shoulders, the vee of his waist and his defined abs. She blushed as the images of last night flittered in her mind when she had felt his toughened abs.

That is when their gazes met and her cheeks burned further. He softly smiled and she couldn't help herself from smiling back.

"What is the new bride blushing about?" Ramlah teased.

Hurriedly, Nawal tore her gaze away from his but it was too late. Sana easily discerned, "Aaah it seems the bride and groom cannot keep their eyes off each other."

Ramlah squeezed her hand, "It is so good to see you this happy."

"Salman bhai is a good man. He will take good care of you." Sana kindly commented.

"Most of all, we need to have trust in Allah's planning. Whatever He plans it is for the best," Ramlah reminded.

"But many times experiences happen that may lead scars for years to come," Amal murmured under her breath.

Indeed the relationship with Daud had left a big scar on Nawal's heart. A scar that will take long to heal.

Sana squeezed her younger sister Amal's hand, "We still need to have faith in Allah. This life is a journey and He loves us more than anyone and will eventually bless us with happiness."

"But happiness is not waiting at our doorstep. In a marriage, remember we have to make it work. And most of all be patient," Ramlah again advised.

"Ok enough serious talk. You are looking ravishing Nawal dear. No wonder bhai can't keep his eyes off you." Sana winked at her.

Sana was one fun loving woman. She knew how to make others laugh but she was always there for a shoulder to cry on or give valuable advice. Over the years, Ramlah had relied on Sana a lot for the marital advice. Amal with her dark past had her sister as her sole strength and pillar that allowed her to believe in happiness and hope for a better tomorrow.

"Nawal," Ghazala spoke in her authoritative voice, bringing the group of young women to silence from their laughter. The young women dispersed giving the mother and daughter privacy.

Nawal didn't want to speak to her mother. She hadn't forgotten the harsh slap on her face and that is why she had never called her mother in the last few days.

"How you been? I expected your call. I even called you," Ghazala reprimanded.

Annoyed, Nawal muttered, "I was busy. I didn't realize I missed your call."

"Well you may be married but you are still my daughter. Next time, you better remember to call me."

Nawal quickly stood up. She had enough of her mother's sternness, "I better go and greet other guests." Without waiting for a reply she lifted her lahenga slightly and walked away as fast as possible in her high heels.

"She still needs to learn her manners," Ghazala grumbled.

"Baji, it's okay. It's her day today. Let her enjoy." Seema gently said, smiling at her son and daughter in law as Salman joined his bride and together they mingled with the guests. She had been very pleased in the last few days seeing that there was harmony between them.

It was the cake cutting ceremony which was held before the dinner could be served. The four tier cake was white with oriental designed ornamenting creating an exotic cake. Each tier was a different flavour. Seema beckoned her son forward to the table where the cake was placed. Nawal clutched the knife and Salman covered her hand with his. Together, they cut the cake with smiles as their audience clapped. Cutting a small piece, Salman brought the cake piece to Nawal's lips. Her eyes never leaving his, she took the bite.

There was still a small piece of cake left in Salman's fingers, with a meaningful gazing at it, he murmured only for her ears, "Feed me."

Bashfully, her hand covered his that still was holding the cake piece and obliged his request. The crowd cheered. More people came forward to greet them as the cake was whisked away and the buffet was opened for dinner. The menu included a variety of desi and continental dishes making it difficult for guests to decide what to eat and what not to eat.

When the guests were busy with the food, the cameraman approached the couple, "Before you start your dinner, is it possible we take some pictures of you as a couple?"

Nawal and Salman nodded. Numerous pictures were taken and when the time came for more romantic poses as Salman's arms slid around Nawal's waist, "This is embarrassing," she whispered.

Understanding her discomfort, Salman requested, "This is the last picture ok? I am hungry now."

The fact he easily took control of the situation softened Nawal's heart. And moments later she had happily shared a table with him as they ate together.

When the desserts were served, the guests slowly started leaving the venue. Salman was bidding guests farewell and Nawal was chatting with her sisters in law. Just then Nawal's cousin Imran sauntered to the group of women and greeted them. He wished them and chatted but soon it was only Nawal talking with her cousin. They were of same age and they were more like best friends.

"I can't believe you are married. You with a runny nose and two braids." Imran teased as he stepped closer and poked her arm.

Nawal rolled her eyes, "Imran not now I am not dressed to fight with you."

"You can never win. I always win any argument." He provoked her.

She smacked his shoulder playfully, "You are a loser. The whole family knows."

"I hope this is not the treatment you will give your husband. Bechaara (Poor man) how many bruises he will end up with." He mocked.

"You better watch your mouth. I will come tomorrow and really give you the bruise." Despite her warning, she was giggling.

An arm snaked around her waist and pulled her against the side of a 6 feet athletic body distancing her from Imran, "What is so funny?" Salman asked in a tight voice.

"Hey bro, you don't know who you married. She knows how to give bruises." Imran joked with mirthful eyes.

Salman raised an eyebrow and Nawal didn't want to get embarrassed. But before she could stop Imran's joking, Salman sternly respondent to Imran's mocking, "I know exactly how to handle my wife and I sure don't need your advices."

Nawal stiffened and Imran frowned. He immediately stepped back, "Of course." His gaze met Nawal's, "I better go." He held out his hand for Salman but there was no reciprocating of the gesture. Feebly, Imran dropped his hand and scurried to the exit of the banquet hall.

Nawal glared at Salman and silently moved away from him. Clenching her jaw, she made her way to Seema and Manal and spent rest of the evening with them, feigning to be happy as she bid farewell to the rest of the guests.

Hours later, when they were in the privacy of their room, Nawal stepped out of the bathroom in her pajamas, Salman tried to break the stony silence, "Nawal exactly what are you angry at?"

She hanged her valima dress in her wardrobe, closing the door she whirled around and crossed her arms over her chest, "I didn't like how you treated Imran."

"I didn't like the way he was being all so chummy with you," Salman coolly replied, resting against the bed headboard.

"He is my cousin, a brother and more like a friend. We grew up together, there was no need for you to be so bad-tempered about it." Nawal defended.

"No man can be your brother except your own and I don't like it if any other man is being so friendly with you." He rationalized, challenging her without breaking the eye contact.

She marched to the bed in a fury, "What is wrong with you? This is not the 17th century that I can't even talk to my cousin. You need to loosen up. I didn't like your behaviour."

"You are my wife and you will obey as I say. When I say I don't like you talking so freely with men then you should obey me."

She was breathing hard, "Keep dreaming I am not going to be your obeying wife."

"Oh you will. I will make sure of that." he grabbed her arm and tugged her to the bed. She held her ground and stood straighter.

"If you try touching me now. I will walk out and sleep with Manal."

His hold tightened, "Stop threatening me."

Their eyes clashed, "I don't threat. I do what I say." She said softly. With a jerk, she loosened his hand from her arm.

"Why are you not ready to understand me?" he said frustratingly as he ran his hands through his hair.

"The question is, do YOU understand me?" Nawal bit back.

"There is no point talking to you." He muttered and turned his back as he lay on his side.

She huffed and lay on her side of the bed. She tossed and turned for few minutes with last lingering thoughts,

And here, I was thinking he is a nice man. He will never change and continue to annoy me throughout our lives.

Ouch just when they were finally getting closer and comfortable. Nawal and Salman when will they understand each other?

And all those readers asking for Susan and Daud.. They are coming in the next chapter.

Please vote and comment.

Until next time,

Assalam u alaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatuhu. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.6K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
1.2M 87.9K 54
She was tested. Battered. And Bruised. He was her saviour. He was her only hope for survival, happiness and love. And she was not his... Ra...
9.2K 665 18
"Six years of living together," she sniffed. "One would think we'd know each other in all this time." "I know you," I whispered. My eyes were begging...
303K 16.4K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...