From Nerd to Hottie

By volleyballxcutie

Paige is just a girl that blends in. Nolen is a boy who stands out in a bad way. He's the school nerd. Nolen... More

From Nerd to Hottie
From Nerd to Hottie (2)
From Nerd to Hottie (4)
From Nerd to Hottie (5)
From Nerd to Hottie (6)
From Nerd to Hottie (7)
From Nerd to Hottie (8)
From Nerd to Hottie (9)
From Nerd to Hottie (10)
From Nerd to Hottie (11)
From Nerd to Hottie (12)
From Nerd to Hottie (13)
From Nerd to Hottie (14)
From Nerd to Hottie (15)
From Nerd to Hottie (16)
From Nerd to Hottie (17)
From Nerd to Hottie *Epilogue*

From Nerd to Hottie (3)

13.5K 342 56
By volleyballxcutie

The next morning, I got up really late and immediately started thinking shot mine and Nolen's plans. I don't think we had anything planned for sure so I decided I'd surprise him. I threw on some shorts and a tank top and put my hair in a wavy pony tail. I got my big Abercrombie bag and walked down to the kitchen.  

I guess mom was off work today because she was in the kitchen drinking coffee. "Hi, Paige. What's up?" 

"Hey, mom." I greeted. I ran directly towards the cabinet that had all the snack foods and mixes in it.  

"Honey, what are you doing?" Mom asked as I ransacked the cupboard.  

Both my arms were fully in the cabinet and I was squinting in the darkness, trying to looks for what I wanted.  

"Paige!" Mom snapped.  

"What?" I turned my head.  

Mom crossed her arms and walked over. "What are you doing?" 

"Looking for stuff." I replied and started searching for through the cabinet again.  

She was angry. "I can see that. But what are you looking for and why?" 

I laughed. "Oh, I'm going to Nolen's house and-" 

"Who?" Mom asked.  

"Nolen Richards. He's my new friend!" I exclaimed.  

Mom looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you alright? You sound like your seven. Is everything OK?" She touched the back of her hand to my forehead. "Paige-" 

"Mom!" I yelled. "I'm fine, OK! I met Nolen the other day. He was bein made fun of. I'm helping him with something!" 

She backed up a little bit. "Helping with what? His baking skills?"  

I laughed sarcastically. "Ha-Ha, no!" 

"Then what?" Mom shouted. 

I sighed. "I'm helping him be less 'nerdy.'" 

Mom laughed. "No, really, Paige, what?" 

"I'm serious." I said with a completely straight face. 

She backed away without a word.  

I started rummaging through the cupboard again. I found exactly what I was looking for- cake mix, brownie mix, and cookie mix. I threw it into my huge bag and walked over to the fridge. I grabbed an avocado and a bottle of honey. I started quickly pealing the avocado. Then I poured the honey into a tupawear bowl and mashed some avocado in it.  

Mon walked back into the kitchen. "Paige?" 

"Don't ask, mom." I shooed her away.  

Mom left again and I continued mixing and stirring.  

I put a lid on the bowl and putt that in my bag too. I grabbed a bottled water for myself and then headed out the door.  

I walked nice and slow around the corner towards Grand Avenue where Nolen lived. I looked for his car in all the driveways and I immediately found spotted it. I walked to the door and rang the door bell.  

Nolen appeared immediately. "Paige?"  

"Hey! I came to see you!" I smiled cheerfully.  

"For what?" Nolen asked. He looked scared and worried.  

My smile faded. "I wanted to bring you something. And I thought we could bake some cookies or brownies or cake. Is this a bad time?" 

"No." Nolen shook his head. He stepped out of his house and closed the door. He walked to a little couch on the pouch and motioned for me to sit.  

I followed. "What's wrong?" 

"I need to tell you something." Nolen said.  

I nodded.  

Nolen took a deep breath. "We didn't move here because the bad economy. We moved her because my Dad died and my sister has cancer." 

My jaw dropped. "Nolen... I'm so sorry." I reached over and hugged him. "How are you doing? And your sister? And your mom? Do you guys manage?" 

"We get by." Nolen replied. "I have to start working in a few days though." 

"Oh..." I sighed.  

He nodded.  

"It's OK, were friends now, you can tell me anything." I smiled at him.  

Nolen looked down. "I really don't want people at school to know, Paige. Please don't tell anyone." 

"I won't tell if you don't want me to." I agreed. 

There was a huge silence.  

"Are we still going to continue with this whole make-over thing?" I asked.  

"Can we?" Nolen kind of smiled.  

I gave him another hug. "Of course!" 

"Cool." Nolen's smile got bigger.  

"So, here." I handed him the tupawear bowl. "Its for your face. It'll give you amazing skin in a few weeks. This is what I use. Just wash your face with a tiny bit once a day and you'll have the best skin in town!" I laughed. "OK?" 

Nolen laughed at me. "Sure thing." 

"Are we going to bake something?" I asked.  

"Can we at your house?" Nolen asked.  

I nodded.  

Nolen locked his door and followed me home.  

When we got back to my house, I brought out the baking mixes. Nolen and I decided to make them all.  

While everything was in the oven, Nolen and I talked at the dinning table and drank coffee.  

"Should we put sprinkles on them?" I asked.  

"Are you kidding!" Nolen exclaimed. "It's not cake and cookies without frosting and sprinkles!" 

I giggled. "OK! I didn't know you were so passionate about baked goods." 

"I actually really like baking." Nolen admitted. "I enjoying tryin new recipes and making them from scratch." 

I gasped. "That's so cool!" I was genuine when I said that, too. "So you were disappointed when I pulled out the box mix?" 

"Well, yes and no." Nolen laughed.  

"When do you start work?" I asked, changing the subject.  

Nolen looked around a little bit before answering. "Monday." He finally replied. "I'm working at Target." 

"Target!" I exclaimed. "No, that's cool." 

All of a sudden, Mom walked in. "Paige, who's this?" 

"Nolen." I answered.  

"Hi, Nolen. I'm Ms. Summers." Mom introduced herself.  

Nolen smiled. "Nice to meet you." 

"I just happen to hear that you have a summer job." Mom said.  

Nolen nodded. "Yes." 

Mom grinned and turned towards me. "Paige, your friend here has a job. You should get one too." 

"But what for?" I asked. "I don't need the money." 

Mom laughed. "Save it! Give it to charity! Give to me!" 

Then a light bulb went off in my head. I could get a job, save up the money, and use it to help Nolen with his make-over!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 11.6K 66
Christina Garrett is new to school. Other than getting attention from all these cute boys, the only boy she is interested in is Taylor Jameson. But S...
164 33 16
""No, you're awesome. I'm just the unattractive girl that you just so happened to stumble upon in the lounge.' I swallow that thought and stand in th...
4.7K 173 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...