Hostages (Book 2)

By nanaedc

Which Bond Can Heal The Constantly Breaking Girl? The Completed Book 2 in the Aria Serrano Trilogies. ****Who... More

Hostages (Book 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
The Dinner Of Truth
*Mature 16+* Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Cast

Chapter 42

48 2 11
By nanaedc

The sun rose bright, reminding everyone that a new day has started. As you already know, I'm still laying down letting my eyes wander around the room. Niall's arm was still very much tightened around me as if to trap me here but I wasn't complaining, I couldn't complain. But at this time, I let Helena consume my thoughts. How her father found her in a tub filled with her blood then as he held her he saw the bruises, the cuts, probably bone fractures.

And lets not forget the gashes that caused her death, he was a single father so after Helena died it destroyed him. Left him alone and with no one there, he let the anger and revenge get too deep. But had it been Niall's fault? Granted, he caused those bruises and suicidal thoughts but it was his condition that did that. Surely he wouldn't do that if he didn't have OSD.

Niall's accomplishment wasn't death, he only wanted her to obey. Which sounds terribly controlling don't even get me started but he didn't want her to kill herself, that was her way. She saw that as her only way out (I know the feeling), you can't blame him for someone else's choice. We can't blame Niall for Helena not having a voice to tell her to not cut herself the day she decided to take her own life, and that happened years ago and he isn't that person anymore. I can't hold his past against him, everyone has past demons that they prefer to forget about including myself so who would I be to hold it against him.

Niall said he was going to be better, I can't bring up one of the things he regrets ever doing. He wants a new start.

NIALL'S POV

The stupid sun has now made itself my arch nemesis from waking me up in probably the best sleep I will ever have. It snapped me out the spell that her scent, softness, sleep mumbles and overall presence has put me under. This has been counted as the second time I had her by my side in my sleep and the sun had to destroy that, I pushed my legs through hers to fully tangled us together. Her legs were so soft! They're and so smooth!

I pulled more into me as I inhaled the smooth skin coated on her neck; pineapple. She was like a life size teddy bear, no matter how hard I squeezed I never came across a bone. I could stay like this forever, my hand that was in front her turned over to clasp hers and when I held it I still though she was sleep. Until she welcomed my hand in hers.

"Niall?"

I don't know what you would call her voice but I began to her accent when she said my name, despite the emotions she sometimes mixed with it.

"Good morning Aria." I spoke from her shoulder.

I know it's a good morning for me. It went silent and still after that until she started to stir, she moved away to turn around. She looked up at me--since I lifted my head to rest on my propped hand--with puffy eyes. All the crying she did yesterday had it's effect but it didn't change from her brown eyes twinkling from the sun rays on the bed, she was gorgeous. Regardless of her just waking up, she still had the most beautiful appearance.

"I forgive you."

Those 3 words snapped me out the trance her beauty brought me in. I looked up in her eyes that I saw was still on me, "For what?"

She's not saying that for what I think, right? I hope she is.

She blew out a shaky breath. "For everything." She is. "For the breaking my wrist, for choking me, for the cuts I had to put Neosporin on, for the bruises that I had to tend to and for the ones that are still there. I forgive you for hurtful words you used, I forgive you for everything you did because I know you couldn't help it."

I let my tense body stay quiet as her eyes glossed over and she went on.

"But not for just me. I forgive you for all the others you hurt before me, I won't look back in the past. I forgive you for the emotions you gave me causing me to cut, for the threats--"

"What?" Back up.

My brows furrowed and my eyes narrowed, "Did you say cut?"

She told me she didn't do that, she said she recovered with a scratch. But the knowing look in her eyes as she looked down and the picking at her nail polish on her visible hands told me she lied.

"Show me."

There isn't anything on her wrist. Nor her arms or legs so where are they? Her head raised up to look at me when she parted her lips to speak but I already knew what she was going to say next.

"Show me the cut, Aria."

She probably heard the anger in my voice and I felt it. She let me walk around with a light conscious because she told me she never self harmed, and now I can already feel the hatred towards myself coming back as I prayed that the cut wasn't severe. She sighed in defeat then pulled the blanket a little off her body, she slowly raised the hem of Louis' shirt up her sand colored legs and over her hips. She stopped it little above the end of her ribcage and there it was. A gauze pad with red splattered in the center from underneath, my brows knitted closer as I moved closer to her and grazed my fingers over the tapped edges before glancing up at her reaction. She remained neutral when I started to peel at the tape so I took that as an okay and peeled the white napkin off her skin.

My hand froze as did my eyes when 3 deep cuts shown on her flawless waist, my throat started to get stuffy and I felt like I was about to throw up. I heard her faintly trying to get my attention but my mind stopped working. They were deep till I saw the many layers of her skin that tried to heal the wound, they were straight lines like she concentrated when she made them and so aligned that it looked like she did it with a fork. Why were they so deep? Why were there so many?

I heard her whisper. "I'm sorry."

They looked painful and scary. . And she did it cause of. . . I quickly moved myself away from her, my eyes still stuck on her waist not even mentioning that she was nearly exposed on her lower half.

"Why would you do this!?" My voice wasn't loud but strained.

"How could you do this to yourself!?" My eyes snapped up to hers where I saw them widen as they looked in mine, and I knew why.

I knew because I felt my eyes sting.

"You told me you didn't hurt yourself this way. You said you walked out fine," I broke "Why w-would you do this?"

You can't even consider those cuts. They look like stab wounds! There's no way she's coming back from those without a trace. She pulled the bandage back over it and lowered her shirt when I asked another thing I noticed.

"And why are they still bleeding?" It didn't make sense.

"They look fresh."

She applied pressure on it then temporarily glanced away. "Since I started having the nightmares,a day didn't go by where I didn't reopen them." She replied lowly.

Does she mean. . . My eyes widened.

She saw the realization. "The latest time was last night."

And that confirmed my theory.

Her words stabbed through me and the tranquility I felt before all of this was gone. How didn't I see this? Why didn't I just leave her along the day we met? I thought it was past her, I thought Zachary helped put this behind her. But there was still a scar in her mind that spelled me.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry, Aria. I didn't mean for this to happen. . I'm so sorry." I pleaded as I started to cry in front of her.

I shouldn't be the one to cry, because I caused it. I made her do this, this just like me hitting her except I made her inflicted upon herself. Those will now be some scars and all I have to say about it is sorry. A small word that won't equivalent to how awful I feel.

"I know you're sorry and that's why I forgive you," I looked at her eyes and saw sympathy take over. How could she feel anything for me aside from hatred? "I forgive you for EVERY scar you gave me. Mentally and physically. I forgive you for your past encounters of rebellion. . I forgive you for it all. I only care about what happens between us from this moment on, your past doesn't matter to me anymore."

How does she forgive me? There was no doubt on her face. Without thinking through it I moved my face close to hers and smashed our lips together, I think my body saw this as another to show Aria how sorry I am and maybe that's why I did this regardless of her clear indication that I couldn't be this close to her. Or maybe I did it because she finally forgave me, she forgave me which means she isn't afraid of me anymore. She forgives me for what I did to her, so maybe that's why I kissed her. She's still in slight shock when I pulled away a little till I was able to look at her. I just earned her forgiveness and I don't want to jeopardize it with that kiss.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again for her side and for what I recently just did.

She didn't respond as she looked like she was contemplating something internally while she was looking somewhere downward. A half a minute I'd say, past when she looked up and wiped away a tear that was long forgotten (to me) off the lower part of my cheek then she surprised me by closing any air space between us. She held my face in between the two of her palms and pressed her lips hard on mine, I responded the same way resting my hand on the opposite hip that wasn't damaged. I was in the process of asking for access when she parted her lips and our tongues exchanged residents, and the mere fact that we both likely have morning breath didn't matter to me because we both had it so you won't even recognize it. And the distraction that she was a great kisser, she was skilled to say the least and she had that affect where when she does a specific movement, it fries my mind.

It drunkens my mind where my body starts to work off a whim. Her lips were warm and I felt her continue to wipe my cheeks with her thumb and yet I'm still furious about what she did to herself, I sometimes show my anger through actions so I tried to be gentle in this kiss so she wouldn't know that I'm still caught up on her waist. Her back rested on the bed as I towered over her only deepening the kiss with no intentions of ending it anytime soon. I wanted to use this time to apologize, to show her through emotions how much I'm regretting what I did to her. And to show her that I won't abuse her forgiveness because Aria is a guarded girl, no matter how many times she denies it so who's to say that if I screw up that she'll give me a second chance?

I can't take a risk of finding out. Unfortunately she pulled back for air and started to play with the strands of my disheveled hair that was on my forehead.

"Can I. . have a couple more minutes before I get up?" Her gaze changed from my hair to me.

Then it just hit me that we're going to Nashville today for that last translator.

"Of course," I told her "I'll go start the coffee machine for you."

I took my last chance to kiss her before I got off the bed. I started for the door when she caught my attention again.

"Don't worry about my cuts, please."

How could I not? I showed her a forced grin then left without another word, I went to the kitchen walking past a few bodies to the counter where I plugged up the machine and put water in the pitcher. Next I went to the fridge for something to eat and came across leftover muffins, I took that out along with a stick of butter and set that on the island. The door closed more aggressively than I intended but honestly I couldn't care less, I started cutting slices of butter to place on the muffins before I put them in the oven when I graciously was annoyed by none other than. .

"Where's Aria?" Zachary said from the wall near the kitchen entrance.

He is the last person I want to talk to so I simply didn't answer him.

"Where is Aria?" He asked again.

The guy doesn't quit when she made her disinterest clear as day. And what is he doing asking me?

"I don't know Zachary. And why are you asking me?" I made up easily.

"I went to check on her in Louis' room, then when I couldn't find her your name seemed to be the only one to pop in my head."

I rolled my eyes. "Nice to know that you think about me and if you want to know where she is, wait until she makes an appearance. I'm not going to tell you where she is when she's specifically trying to stay away from you."

It went silent after which made me think he gave up. Until he sounded awfully closer than before. And talking to him while processing everything with Aria is just raising the anger scale, I felt like I need to hit something. Take my anger and frustration along with defeat out on something.

"For someone who doesn't know where she is, you smell an awful lot like her." Zachary said through a clenched jaw.

I had to tighten my own teeth together.

"Tell me where she is."

I slammed the knife and butter down on the table and saw the room turning dark as I spun to face him. "In my room, wrapped up in my sheets, why do you care!? She left you and you look real pathetic right now, still chasing after her."

I didn't mean that last sentence even the slightest because I would do the same, he just pissed me off so I needed to return the favor. That was also the purpose for the beginning of the first sentence. Zachary's eyes appeared to spark and his hands that hung from his arms crossed on his chest,balled up and he took a intimidating step forward. The room by now was night shaded as I clenched my own hands, I really wanted him to hit me so I could have the reason to hurt someone. However we didn't get the chance to express our hatred towards each other when I noticed a figure in the kitchen doorway, Zachary's head turned to it after I did.

Aria stood with her damp brown hair tangling down her back with Louis' shirt still on but everything below that was bare and glistening in all their glory from her obvious recent shower. And by seeing her legs just reminded me of her wounds right above her underwear waistline. Her vibrant eyes looked between the both of us questioningly and a tad worried before dismissing it.

"Is it alright, if I go in the room for some clothes?" The both of us looked at Zachary and I won't lie, I actually started to feel bad for him.

His face fell drastically along with his shoulders. His fists were nonexistent and sadness swallowed away the anger as he looked her way. The reason why I'm feeling bad is because I can't possibly imagine what it feels like to have Aria act that way towards me and yet here Zachary is living it. He gave a barely noticeable nod then she was gone.

ARIA'S POV

I quickly went to the room in attempt to avoid both their companys and went to the closet. I quickly pulled out a flexible outfit and quickly changed into it before Zachary showed up, I changed into new undergarments then pulled Louis' shirt over my head. I shimmied into a pair of high waist jeans, making sure that it went over my navel therefore going over the bandage then I put on a stretchy material crop top that stopped a little above the hem of the jeans and it had sleeves that stopped right past my elbow. I frantically looked around for some reasonable pumps then left the room, I decided to do my hair elsewhere.

The car we were driving was bigger than yesterday, and wasn't a limo. It reminded me of Jackson's van except this was navy blue, and seemed in mint condition. Everyone started to pile in when I pulled on a seatbelt to help me in the car then I walked all the way into the back, the last and fourth row. I sat in the middle and started to look for my seatbelt when a voice distracted me.

"Don't sit there."

I raked a hand through my hair to push it away then looked at Niall. He was in the same row as me (the only one, for that matter) and was towards the edge, in front of the way out.

"Sit here." He then said, motioning the empty seat next to him.

I slowly turned my head forward towards everyone else who was still getting situated and some was talking to the hotel valets, I didn't even know what I was about to say when I opened my mouth but Niall stopped me with a seemingly desperate:

"Please."

I looked back at his icy orbs then sighed. He probably was still thinking about my cuts, continuously blaming himself. He could want me near him in his way of protecting me from whatever (I never really know the mind of a guys',let alone Niall's) so I released the belt that I found and slid over next to him, he looked like he was trying to fight back a smile when his body momentarily reached over mine. He grabbed a seatbelt then sat back and took my arm, lifted it up and fastened it over my body. Then he went to do his.

My face frowned, I could have done that myself right? Everyone sat within the first three rows, not including the driver and passenger seat, then Zachary started for the rode. Chit chat erupted immediately, some was about the note and when Niall had his own seatbelt on him rested back with a sigh. His attention was dragged downwards to where I knew not until he took one of my unoccupied hands and pressed his palm on mine, opening my hand. I too took my attention towards it and even though Niall noticed he didn't stop, his head tilted as he glided the pads of his fingers on my unmoving ones then he made it a thing by pushing his fingers through mine and encasing them around me.

He held a tight firm and mine still didn't move.

Well this is great. Just fantastic. What I told Niall has changed him. I was contemplating on telling him about my cuts because a part of me wanted Niall to know everything about me and for there to be no secrets or lies and now that I told him, he is acting different towards me. Yeah, it may be to early to tell but I feel it radiating off of him.

I FEEL the caution and unease and that hasn't been like that before, never did he strap me in like I was a toddler and he sure has never did a bold like move and held my hand. And it's not like those wounds are only cause of him. I did them also to forget about the supposed death of Zachary. I wanted to forget about the both of them so that's why I did it, yeah, Niall has done some messed up things with my head but I never cut cause of the brutal encounters we shared. I did it because the nightmares constantly showed my feelings towards him, and in the dreams he knew about them and used it against me. . And towards the end he may or may not have put my life in critical condition.

If I'm sugar coating it. . I don't want to talk about it. It wasn't cause of Niall, technically, it was because the images my mind conjured.

"Niall," I started to say in a softer and quieter tone than normal "Are you okay?"

For once I was asking that horrid question.

While observing our hands, moving them back and forth and rubbing his thumb along the skin on the back of my hand, he said: "You're going to have to be a bit more specific."

My eyebrows knitted together, "You just seem a bit more. .towards me-- to me, you see more--"

"Cautious? Fragile?" Niall finished my sorry excuse of a sentence and finally looked up at me.

I simply nodded, then he continued.

"I have to be. Seeing what you did to yourself. . I never wanted that to happen. Not just with you but the others before you, my intention was never for you to inflict pain on yourselves. And with you. ."

His face turned hesitant and he averted his stare back down to our hands, there was thousands of stuff reeling in my head but I let him finish. His brows bushed together and his hand tightened around mine when he slowly started to part his lips.

"I care about you. .alot," Niall locked stares with me and I felt my heart stop, or it was beating so fast that it felt like it wasn't beating at all "And I feel like I have to be different towards you. Like you're hiding more pain than I thought."

Niall's eyes held so much sad and regret that it made my stomach churn with unease. I had to tell him, maybe it'll clear his conscious.

"I didn't cut just because of you. There was more reasons."

"But I was one of them--"

"But not for the reason that you're thinking of." I softly told him.

Still he shook his head. "It doesn't matter. I was a reason and that alone makes me feel terrible."

I did this to him by either doing the act or telling him what I did, he looks broken and defeated. . it reminds me nothing of the Niall I met first.

My shoulders slumped.

"I'm sorry." I told him as my voice was swept away, causing me to whisper. Niall pulled our hands off my lap and close to him to the point where his abdomen was against my knuckles.

"Don't say sorry cause you did nothing wrong." His eyes held mine for awhile before they flickered and fixated on my lips.

I was going to fight urge to kiss him this time for so many reasons. A few being because we're in public and what he said had me froze like a deer in headlights. From what it sounds like; he cares for me. Like genuinely cares about me. And how he said that he never wanted me and the others to hurt ourselves, that means Niall didn't mean for Helena to kill herself.

And that means that he also doesn't know that it happened, and if someone were to tell him then. .picture Niall now but a conscious of a suicide. So Niall isn't that guy that Bradley tricked himself into believing, he never wanted drastic harm to come to anyone of the people he. .helped. I'm glad I didn't judge him for it. My hand finally responded to his and held his hand tightly against mine and I felt the tingles make me mentally hazy. I pulled my red lip in my teeth in anticipation, still trying to not lean into his scent, warmth and warm lips then by this it caused Niall's eyes back up to mine.

He switched gazes between them before I broke the bond and looked forward, leaning into him. He still traced imaginary shapes on my hand and I looked out the far window at the trees and many cars that blurred past, we had to be on the highway by now and with regards to how I feel with us going to meet the last guy that can read that note. . And how I feel with meeting the last friend of Timothys' that I know of. . I feel pretty good. Why? Because it's almost over. Soon there will be no more staking out in a hotel suite.

There won't be anymore bunking together, hacking and committing crimes as a group and we won't be together anymore. The 4 known as One Direction might go their separate ways for the rest of their hiatus and Zayn might do. .whatever. I definitely won't be around with Naomi. I'll probably look for my own place. Zachary will probably be apart of that package if Bradley stops whatever game he's playing. . I could never see the man again. I may never see Naomi again (surely on the bucket list). Me and Zachary could not get back together (I'm just staten all the possibilities) then if that's the case then. . I could do him and myself a favor by leaving Brokewood.

. . .Who am I kidding?

I couldn't leave Brokewood even if I tried, there's way to many memories that's happened. After all, it is my hometown.

I could attend college. My GPA is high for my age, last time I checked so I could occupy my time with 4 years of classes with sorority parties and frat boys .

Me and Niall could be something more than we are now. Still, just stating possibilities. Niall could miraculously have feelings for me then we become this famous couple that travels to the different cities that the Lord has to offer. The thought of being with Niall like that. .excites me. Which doesn't surprise me. The possibilities are really endless, anything can happen.

"First kiss." I suddenly said and turned my head to face Niall, to find him already looking at me.

"What about it?"

"Tell me about it." I shifted to get comfortable in my seat making Niall squeeze my hand to make sure it didn't leave his lap.

"Who was it with, was it horrible, when did it happen, where did it happen. Tell me about it." I said again once my body molded against his side.

His cologne was incredibly welcoming.

Niall started to think, biting his lip before a sly smile started to pull at his features.

"Well I don't have a horrible first kiss story like some people and not a very ordinary one, either." He started to say.

"My first kiss was actually during my time at the X factor with none other than. . Demi Lovato."

My jaw actually dropped at his confession. Niall kissed THE Demi Lovato?

"Your first kiss was shared with Demi Lovato? The one responsible for Heart Attack, Skyscraper and Together featuring Jason Derulo?"

My all time favorites from her. Not including her recent album.

"Yeah." He slowly nodded and chuckled softly at my reaction.

"It was random and sort of just happened. It wasn't horrible because I had an obsession with gum back then. It was back at the camp when it was just me and her in the lounge room. The cliché moment where we were laughing uncontrollably then one thing lead to another. It was her first kiss too." Niall continued to laugh as he rested his back on the armrest behind him and clasped his other hand around mine.

I blinked. "Oh my god, you got to kiss a celebrity," then my shoulders fell and I pouted "I've only done that with posters."

At that he bursted into louder laughter, slightly tilting his head back before looking at me. It made me grin to see his blue eyes bright with happiness again.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it happened a few times. With who? I can not say." I replied.

The list of my celebrity husbands is limited unlike some people but the names on the list is confidential. I'll tell you when I'm locked up in a FBI building awaiting for my interrogation. In other words, never.

Niall's laughing quiet down then he said, "Well you actually lived the experience now so."

I slightly stumbled over his words, no I haven't. "What do you mea--"

I stopped myself and felt the heat crawl up my neck. He's a very well known celebrity and people already think we're dating .

Niall's signature smirk popped in for a visit when he saw I caught on, I rolled my eyes then averted my eyes elsewhere.

"What about you?" He then said. "Tell me of your first kiss."

What a story that is. It makes me smile to say the least, it was one of the most memorable moments of my life and I have a certain friend to thank for that. And it was far from awkward, disgusting, or weird. I inhaled loudly, dramatically raising my chest before leaning back and spoke while looking ahead.

"Well. . My first kiss was with Jackson. Since you probably already know, he likes me." I started.

"Yeah, I think someone would have to be both hearing and sight impaired to not notice that."

I smiled at that. Jackson is a bit pervertive, isn't he?

"Well he wanted to be my first in everything, because we were so close at the time. And we didn't know if we were going to still be around each other for when we grew up so I let him be my first kiss." I couldn't help but smile as I continued.

"Jackson wanted it to be perfect for me, since he already had his first kiss. So he made an agenda; that we couldn't eat anything but fruits. All day, we couldn't eat anything unless it was fruit. Not something with fruit in it but actual fruit, for example, I could eat blueberries but not blueberry pancakes."

I turned to face him to see him intently listening and his eyes were moving like the main snail from Turbo.

"I ate apples that day along with oranges, plums, peaches, pineapples, star fruit, watermelon etc. I had Theodore make me smoothies to drink through out the day and I ate abnormal that day, I literally ate till I dropped."

I squeezed his hand when a saw a ghostly smile on him. I mirrored it.

"We did that throughout the day then around sunset, I snuck off to his house aaand. . Jackson was my first few kisses." I concluded the story.

"Few? Meaning. . ."

"He was never one to take no for an answer." I clarified.

"And besides, I couldn't have got as skilled as I am now without any practice." I added with a smirk when Niall started to laugh again.

"That is true, with the gift you have there must have been practice involved."

The stupid emotions showed on my face again. This time he looked at the burning cheeks and grinned.

"How old were you?" He asked then connected our eyes.

"14. You?"

"Around 16. I was turning 16 when it happened." He said and I nodded.

"Your kiss sounds way better than mine--"

"Does not." I instantly cut him off to shake my head.

"You kissed a celebrity, Niall." I tried to reason.

"Yeah but yours sound. . beautiful. And sweet. It's like the rare kind of story that you would tell your future kids."

I was always proud of that story because it original and I never heard anything like it. And Jackson was considerate. He kept his end of the bargain by eating nothing but fruits, he didn't make fun of me about it being my first, and he showed me pretty cool tricks. We had a laugh that night.

"They always say that it doesn't matter the place or the act itself, but the person that you shared it with. . Would you change the person if you can?" I asked Niall, turning back to face him as well.

He seemed in thought as he looked back at me, observing my face before saying:

"Yes. Recently, I've seen someone who I wished was in Demis' place."

~~

I felt the speed of the car slow down and sound of soft chatter from walkers outside. I frowned in my sleepy state and reluctantly opened my eyes, my eyes ran over the scenery which didn't look like it was when I dozed off. It appeared that I was lying on the seat of the car instead of seating like I thought I was and there was a heavy weight pressing on my chest. I blinked several times then lifted my head off the arm rest and peered down. .yeah I definitely don't remember falling to sleep this way. The weight had artificial blond hair and was too, sleeping.

Niall wasn't sitting either for he was lying down, using my chest as a pillow and the rest of his body lied in between my legs. He had his arms under him, lazily wrapped around my hips and my hands was buried in his hair. How did we get like this? His extreme body heat (or maybe it was just me) enveloped us in a warm blanket within the air conditioned car and his chest fell in a steady rhythm, after pressing against my stomach. His snores were soft and I let my nails scratch his scalp making his arms tighten faintly.

"I probably shouldn't encourage this but you two are the cutest."

I craned my head up and looked at Louis who was resting his arms and chin on the back of the row ahead of us. Louis' voice caused Niall to stir.

"How did I get out my seatbelt?" I asked him, hoping he knew the answer.

I was never a wild sleeper and even if I was, I couldn't have maneuvered my entire body from the confinement.

"You had your neck in an awkward position and I didn't want it to cramp up, so I took the belt off and laid you down." Niall said as he lifted himself off my chest and stomach.

I don't recall all that movement. But okay. As long as it didn't disturb my sleep.

"You two were in the most adorable position. Because, you know how usually the girl lays on the boyfriend? Well you two were in complete opposites." Louis went on with his opinion of our sleeping arrangement.

I glanced at Niall when he sounded a smirk and rubbed his eyes with his knuckles then he reached for my hand and helped me sit up. Niall's phone suddenly pinged making him retrieve it from the cup holder behind him, he swiped the iPhone open, opening the notification. I tilted over to look at the screen as it went instantly to Twitter, at a new post no longer than seconds ago. It was a picture of me and Niall sleeping like we were just a minute ago with an exception of my head to the side and some of my hair guarding my face. It already had over a thousand views and comments. And many hearts.

"Louis, why would you do that? You know how your crazed fans get." I scolded the grinning boy in front of me.

"It doesn't matter. They already think you're dating so what's the problem?" He retorted, recalling our strollers at the hotel.

I rolled my eyes then looked back at Niall who was still doing something on the app. I slipped past him and out the open side door being blinded by the sun immediately. When my eyes adjusted I saw that we were in a times square type of place with many stores, window shoppers and a ton of intersections. The place looked lively with bright CLEAN sidewalks with round tables in front of stores occupied with people. They had fairytale like street posts and there was even instrumental music playing somewhere in the background. I twisted slightly taking in my surroundings more when everyone started to talk.

"So this is the place." Naomi started off the conversation.

"Are you sure? Because we're practically standing in the middle of nowhere." Niall answered from the door before stepping out.

"Positive. Ian said that Tyler Augustus is in that café across the street."

"Tyler?"

"That's his name. He also should be expecting us." Naomi said then I turned around.

"Can I have the note?" I ask as I put my hand out to her.

She searches her pockets before handing it to me a few moments later. I spin on my heel, putting the note in my back pocket and walk into the café.

My senses were met by a cinnamon and sugary scent. It was warm despite the already blaze outside and had a relaxing vibe with it, the place was abandoned though. There was many tables and stools available but there wasn't one soul occupying it. We all stood in a clutter taking in our surroundings when Liam pointed off in a far direction, my head turned to it and I stood corrected. There was an old man sitting at a two person table, sipping on a mug while looking across from him at the empty chair.

He was completely silent as we made our way over and took a bit to acknowledge us, when the grey haired man lifted his pale chin I mustered up the politest smile. His pale brown eyes swept over everyone.

"Naomi and Aria Serrano." The man greeted us, sounding young for his age.

"Are you Tyler Augustus?" Naomi was the first to ask, in which Tyler nodded.

"That I am and I thank you girls for visiting me."

"It wasn't of much trouble, and we were glad to stop by once we heard you were near Brokewood." I played with the truth but who could not do whatever to be nice and polite to the elderly?

"But," Tyler put emphasis on the word and turned his face towards his cup to take a sip "I'm only agreeing to speak to Aria today."

The smile on my face faltered and lines creased on my forehead.

"Why do you only want to speak with her?" Zayns' Bradford accent was easy to tell without having to turn around.

Tyler smiled to himself, looking too creepy if I'm being honest, and set the cup nicely on the saucer in front of him.

"For a reason I can't tell as of yet." Tyler replied. Then right after I felt large hands grip both of my hips and gently pulled me back into their chest.

Tyler looked at us, down at the hands before back up to my face. "I'm sorry your boyfriends' attempt didn't work, darling."

"What boyfriend?" My body slightly fought against Niall's hands as I tried to step closer to the table. It was probably a stupid question to ask but none of my previous boyfriend knew him, right?

"Pierce," Tyler nodded his chin to somewhere behind me "right there."

Zachary? My eyebrows frowned and my lips pouted.

"What do you mean attempt? You two know each other?" I decided to ask a few of the questions swarming my mind.

Tyler sighed heavily and sported a smile. "A few days ago, Zachary paid me a visit about what I would say, do, and act when you got here."

He then shrugged his bony shoulders and finished. "Threats no longer phase me so I disregarded the encounter entirely."

The words sat in my brain, I don't remember Zachary leaving for Nashville. When did that happen? I wasn't the only one who shared the confusion and some others even turned to look at him but I wasn't going to do that. Tylers' eyes seemed to bore into mine, I think waiting for my answer to only consoling with me.

"I won't bite," he told me "my teeth are way to sensitive for that now."

That caused me to laugh slightly to which his smile grew bigger. He was a friend of Timothy and Theodore right? So he wouldn't hurt me. Right? He probably wouldn't even get far, no offense to Tyler. And we really need the note decrypted. I'm acting really weary about this but I turned myself in the grip on me and placed my hands on Nialls' chest to keep us from being completely sandwiched together, his icy eyes looked down at me. I knew it was him.

"I'll be fine." I told him in a voice that was only meant for him to hear. He was unconvinced as he didn't loosen his grip so I held his stare, hoping to convince him. And they call me stubborn. After a long period of gazing, Niall's fingers dug into the exposed skin, doing un-thinkingable things to me emotionally, then slipped his hands away. I kept my eyes on him as I took steps back.

"Perfect. I'm glad we came to an understanding." Tyler said when I spun to face him.

"The rest of you could wait outside, we won't be to long."

"Why are you trying to get Aria by herself? Why can't we sit in here?" Louis butted into the conversation.

Tyler looked from Louis to me. "Do you want that note decoded?"

When I didn't answer he said one last time. "Then the rest of you can wait outside, we won't be too long."

Tyler only wanting me in here does scare me a little. Yes, he won't hurt me (I think) but why is he so fixated on me being the only one in here with him? And why does he choose to speak to me out of me and Naomi? Everyone knows-- well think they know that Naomi is the most mature for information like this and not her rebellious, stubborn sister. Little do they know, I've changed these past few years. For worse and then (still in the process) for the better. Thanks to a certain blue and green eyed men God was so kind to give me and them (the capability) to heal me.

"Maybe you guys should stand outside," I turn to face the crowd "You don't have to be so far away. Just stand outside the door."

Everyone looked between me and Tyler, still not moving their beings. Seriously, how am I the hardheaded one? I at least know when I'm not wanted.

I sighed and raked a hand through my hair. "Guys, we really need these numbers turned into words. And he's only agreeing to do it IF you all stand outside."

"Then we will stand directly outside. Right in that window, and if I see anything going on that shouldn't be, I'll be here before you could even process it." Niall suddenly said with only one fist to present itself by his side as he looked at Tyler.

I drew out a slow breath as they started to leave and stand exactly where Niall said, the seven of them stood side by side in the open window.

"Come on, why don't you sit down."

I turned back to Tyler as he said that and motioned to the chair across from him, I took baby steps to the metal chair and sat in the cushion.

"Would you like anything to drink?" He then asked, his smile coming on again.

"Um," I cleared my throat of the unease that settled in my bones "Yes. Coffee is fine."

Tyler nodded. "Does it matter the flavor?"

I then shook my head and placed my hands on the clothed table. "No, as long as it isn't decaf."

He nodded again then raised his hand in the air, looking behind me and flicking his wrist. My eyebrows frowned and I turned slightly to find a waitress standing behind a display of pastries. I didn't know she was here!? I kept quiet as she approached us and took his order of the coffee, my nails started playing with one another when my eyes fell behind him, where the window was. My chair had a good view as was it vice versa so my eyes instantly connected with Niall's who clearly showed his disapproval of me being in here. He had his arms crossed over his chest and everything.

"You're my favorite."

My eyes switched to Tyler and my scared state rose slightly more at hearing his statement. Why does he seem so scary?

"Out of you and your sister, you're my favorite. That's why I wanted to speak with you instead of her."

Oh.

I smiled. "Thank you."

Then the waitress came and set the deep blue mug in front of me, I mentally thanked her (not that she knew) and wrapped my fingers around the hot glass. The steam was welcoming as I brought the cup up to my lips and snuck a sip, my taste buds cringed as the liquid went down the throat. The coffee was not my average and had a not tasty taste to it because of that, but I drank it anyway.

"So how are you?" He asked me.

I looked through my lashes at him and puzzledly asked, "What do you mean?"

"How are you dealing with their death? And overall how are you, I heard you recently was battling depression."

Isn't BG of Hackers supposed to have a discreet death? And isn't that what Timothy and Theodore had? It's everyone we crossed paths with, knew we lost our guardians.

"I'm doing alright. And the depression is behind me, I have. .someone to help me through it now."

Don't ask who I'm referring to.

"You had others helping you then, too. But I won't push it." Tyler said.

"And how's everything going aside from that? Particularly, I'm referring to the current relationship you're in." He then added making my eyes slightly widen.

I bit the inside of my lip. "Uh, me and Zachary aren't together anymore."

He noticed the quiver in my voice and I felt a new batch of tears preparing, to bad I won't let them fall. He silently nodded and put his cups to his lips then setting it back down in front of him, centimeters away from mine.

"I figured. I wanted to ask cause it seems someone else has eyes for you." Tyler said and lightly shrugged.

"What's that mean?" My utter confusion showed in my poor grammar but what did he mean and why word it like that?

It sounded. .vintage.

"That blonde boy seemed awfully protective, and terribly touchy towards you." He concluded.

"No he wasn't," I instantly shot down Tyler's accusation and sadly felt my face heat up "It was only my hips and Niall has been a little. .protective over me lately."

My eyes quickly glanced in Niall's direction to see his brows furrowed as he looked at me but I looked back at Tyler when his thin lips smirked at the blush.

"Right."

I scoffed, rolled my eyes and slouched in my seat, he doesn't believe me. And usually people say ' they have the feels for you ' or ' he's giving you kiss me eyes '. Not what he said. And why does everyone say Niall likes me? He doesn't. I would of saw it or felt it, rather.

"You remind me of your mother." Tyler said with a new grin.

My eyes trialed back to his curiously. "You knew my parents?"

"Of course. I met them after-- or during meeting Theodore and Tim. You have her hair and facial features, obviously. And her trait to be a heartbreaker."

I couldn't help but smile and laugh at him before I sipped at my beverage.

"I've known them before you twins were born. .and must I say, it looked to me that the boys were more happy than your parents when you were born." He went on saying having a small smile reside on my face at remembering those four.

Anyone would freak at having four parents. To have a set then have another replace them once they died. But I don't, and I miss them all terribly.

"I'm sorry about your loss for your parents, by the way. To have you and Naomi deal with two mysterious murders is despicable. Your parents were lovely people. .who had their secrets though."

My eyes narrowed at that last bit. What's that supposed to mean?

. . . Why am I questioning everything!? Being off the meds. . that's probably it.

Ha. I've been off those for months now.

"Yeah. And Tim was searching into their murder, do you know anything about that?" I asked.

Tyler's brows frowned over his eyes as he averted his eyes to the table to think. "They had a mysterious death. It was sudden and none of us knew who and why they did it, but I don't know why they decided NOW to look into it. It does sound odd."

My shoulders slumped, well that wasn't the answer I was looking for. Why was Tim and Theo looking into my parents death? Why now? Why so secretive that none of us guessed it? What did they find? And who did they trespass that got them killed??

"I can't help answer that for you but I could help in another way," we both looked from the table one after the other "Do you have the note?"

My eyebrows shot up in realization and I leaned off the chair to get the paper. "Here you go."

I slid the paper to him and watched as he summoned the waitress again, she handed him a pen then he reached in his shirt pocket for a pair of glasses. Tyler placed them on the bridge of his nose then lifted up the paper, unfolding it. His eyes squinted at the numbers and didn't say anything for a long while.

Anxiousness quickly set into me and my leg started to bounce. "Please tell me you can read it."

He the last alive human that can read it and if he can't. . .

Suddenly he set the paper down and picked up a napkin from beside his cup. This may just hold the answer. The answer to who order that ambush, who wants Naomi dead? This may lead to who wants the Serrano blood line wiped out. Still stumped about that, by the way. We've waited months to know what this bundled of numbers were, and now we're about to find out. Tyler took the glasses off and lifted up his cup with one hand and pushing me the paper with the other, he made eye contact while he drank his drink then I flickered my stare downwards. I reached for the crinkled lined paper and napkin and quickly read over it, just for me to repeat it.

27647598 71123 10111 711 3 07 4433

Turned into;

Zachary's alive, kill all 3 of them.

. . . .

**************

Till the next episode!?

Made up that X factor story,B T dubs (BTW).

I made that mental couple of paragraphs of Aria while they were driving for you lovely people. Anything can happen once this is all over,they're so close to finding out who done it. . . With some additional secrets that will be exposed.

With the examples she said,which do you think might happen? Or you could come up with your own ideas. I'm just going to lay back, read your feedback and snicker at the oblivion that you beautiful people hold.

And who guessed the note was that? And what new questions rose from reading it? Who's the 3?

Aiall? Yes!?

Zaria? Yes!?

ENJOY!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7.6K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
127K 5.3K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...