Forgiving You (Dublin Sister...

By hayatkhan07

She was abandoned on her wedding day. The groom disappeared. There were accusations. Her honour was at sta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28
Valima Invitation
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Good news
Chapter 44
Divorce in Islam
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Thank you
Plagiarism & unpublishing

Chapter 29 (edited)

31.7K 1.9K 774
By hayatkhan07

Edited version: new scene added end of the chapter

-------------------------

Content warning: Strong language

Pushing Daniyal on the swings at the local playground, Nawal was unaware of the cheerful cries of the young children or the chattering of parents sitting on the park benches. The hot sun blared its warmth on her but her soul was frozen. Robotically, she followed her niece and nephew from one slide to the other swing. There was no enthusiasm in her actions. She was fulfilling her duty.

A duty as a daughter.

A duty as a sister.

A duty as an aunt.

And now... a duty as a wife.

When will she ever live according to her desires? Was there anyone who understood her and was there for her despite her flaws? A blue eyed male face appeared in her mind and her eyes brimmed with tears. The one true man who understood her abandoned her at the most vulnerable time of her life. Leaving her behind to engulf in the society's vile accusations and vicious claims on her by those close to her.

It was too late now.

Her eyes lifted to the bright blue cloudless sky and a plea left her lips,

Ya Allah bless me with peace. Only peace. Ameen.

She had given up hope for love or companionship. She desired solace. From this day forth, that's all she will pray for her.

But there is a specific time for supplications to be answered.

****

The sun was setting bathing the English city in an orange glow. Salman's arm stretched alongside the window frame as he looked out the busy streets of Birmingham.

She never replied to his text. And when he called all he heard from her were one-word responses. Rubbing the back of his neck, he turned to face the bed in the hotel room. He glanced at the jewellery box laying on the bed. A gift. A token of love.

He wasn't able to gift her anything on their haphazard wedding or the days following it. He was much undecided at the best gift for her. But once his eyes had landed on the exotic jewellery, his heart instantly knew it was made for her. He will present her when the time is right and hopefully this will melt away the ice bridge that had built between them.

He had many hopes.

If only... these hopes became reality.

Will they?

He will know soon enough.

****

It had been three days since Salman had seen Nawal. In the week's marriage, they had hardly spent any time together. Now as he drove to Faraz's home, his heart was beating faster in anticipation. He was tired after the two days hectic conference at Birmingham but it didn't matter all he wanted was to bring Nawal back home. He couldn't imagine going back home without her.

He didn't bother to call her. She was aware that he was reaching back to Dublin this morning and after so many days her anger should have faded or at least simmered that is what he was hoping. With these thoughts, he pressed the doorbell of Faraz's apartment. In a few minutes, she opened the door with Daniyal peeking behind her legs.

Her rosy cheeks were flushing and she had loosely draped hijab on her head, wisps of dark brown locks escaped from under the hijab framing her heart shaped face. Her large eyes widened further as she stared at him.

He had planned to surprise her and not shock her. But from the looks of it, she wasn't even expecting him today, "Assalam u alaikum."

"Walaikum salaam," she murmured and hesitantly stepped back so he can walk in the apartment.

Setting his eyes on her after so many days, he wasn't able to resist himself and casually let his fingertips skim down her arm. She didn't meet his eyes, instead stood still.

"How you been?" he asked huskily resisting the urge to take her in his arms.

"I am good." she murmured and then bent down to lift Daniyaal in her arms as the toddler was tugging at her pants.

She didn't ask about him rather walked in the living room which he quietly trailed behind her.

Discreetly eyeing his dishevelled appearance, his ruffled hair as if he had run his fingers through them innumerable times, his top two buttons of his shirt open revealing his solid built chest muscles and his weary eyes. "Are you coming straight from the airport?" she enquired as he sat on the couch.

He shook his head, "No I had gone straight to work."

She nodded curtly. Her mind was racing how to further stall from going back with him but there were no excuses left. Today, she had to go back to reality and face her fate again.

Samreen emerged from the bedroom smilingly greeted him, "Salaam bhai how are you?"

After replying to her greeting politely, Salman tilted his face to Nawal, "Why don't you get ready so we can leave?"

Nawal pressed her lips, her shoulders drooped in defeat and she left the room but joy erupted in her heart as she heard Samreen speak, "Bhai stay over for dinner. Faraz is about to come back from work any minute now."

Salman hesitated for a few minutes but when Nawal turned and pleaded him with her eyes, he conceded, "Jee why not."

Within the next ten minutes, Faraz was back home and the women were scurrying to serve dinner while the men were busy discussing various business topics. The dinner was eaten in a cheerful atmosphere and when the time came for them to leave, Nawal had tears in her eyes.

She hugged Samreen tightly, "Bhabi you are a blessing. You don't know how much you have helped me in the last few days."

Samreen embraced her back, then pulled away and wiped away Nawal's tears with the palm of her hands, "You shouldn't be going back to your husband's home with tears. Remember all that I have advised you. You will be fine inshaa Allah."

Samreen's meaningful eyes met Salman's, "Bhai please take care of her."

Salman forced a smile and nodded tersely, "Of course."

"It was a pleasure to have you over little sister. Someone to babysit the children," Faraz teased, hugging Nawal, "But your place is with your husband now. You are always welcome here but now try and settle with him and inshaa Allah you will find happiness." His piercing gaze warned Salman silently.

Salman stood tall with his arms folded. His broad shoulders emphasized in the navy blue blazer. Meeting Faraz's gaze easily, he outstretched his hand to Nawal, "She can come here anytime she wants."

Reluctantly, Nawal covered his palm with hers, his fingers firmly enclosing around her hand. One last time she glanced at her brother's family and then followed Salman out to the car. They were quiet during the short walk to the car, none said anything as they strolled hand in hand.

When they approached the car, he released her hand and opened the car's door for her. Her single eyebrow rose inquisitively observing his behaviour but she remained silent as she slipped on the front passenger car seat.

It was after a few minutes later, when they were driving on the main road that Salman broke the silence, "Let's start over and forget what happened." He side glanced at her.

She was quiet for many minutes. Her gaze never faltering from the windscreen. There was no escape. She was in this marriage either she lived wretchedly or try and make it work. She desired to live in peace the most. With that in her mind, she agreed, "Okay."

He had slightly raised his head in approval. There was an eerie silence for the rest of the drive. Nawal had been so drowned in her troublesome thoughts to recognize that they were not driving to the direction of home. It was when Salman parked the car, she blinked rapidly and scowled, "Where are we?"

"I thought you may want ice cream by the sea," he smiled.

She lowered her eyelashes and opened the door without any response. Quietly, walking beside him, they entered a small ice cream shop.

"We would like two ice cream cones." And then he glanced at her, "My wife doesn't like to share," he winked.

For the first time that day, a smile graced her lips.

When they were handed their ice creams, together they promenaded on the wet sand. Their bare feet sinking in the silky smoothness of the sand.

"You know you have a bad temper," he drawled.

"Really? Speaks the man who becomes irrational in his temper," Nawal teased.

"Ya well I am not denying my temper. I am just wondering what happens when two hot-headed people come together," he mused.

She stilled in her steps and turned to him, "I tell you what happens then."

"What?"

"A big blast" she giggled and skidded away from him.

Smirking he chased her, she squealed and ran faster. The ice cream melted in her hands under the warm sun. It dripped down the cone and onto her hand that it finally slipped from her hands as she speeded away. She abruptly stopped and glowered, "Look what you made me do."

He leaned back and raised his hands in defence, "How come it's my fault? You are the one who was running this fast."

"I know how to get even with you," she narrowed her eyes and grabbed his ice cream.

"Heyyyy"

"You are not getting it. I am eating it." she smugly said as she took a big bite of the ice cream and then made a disgusted face, "What flavour is this?"

"Orange" he replied amusedly.

"Yuck! Why can't you eat ice cream flavours like normal people?" Giving back his ice cream she further remarked, "You are weird."

"Not weird but unique."

She laughed, "Yeah yeah, weird is another word for unique."

He chuckled, encircling his arm around her waist, "C'mon I will buy you another cone."

"Really?" her eyes shone.

"Of course. But let's walk faster the shop will close soon."

After purchasing another ice cream cone, they sat on the bench in front of the rolling waves of the Dublin Bay Sea. There were many people enjoying a cool dip in the sea on this hot day. Children were running around and some busy making sandcastles with their parents. Groups of young women in bikini were laughing and splashing in the water. Men were swimming in deeper waters enjoying the waves. On the far end, boats were seen sailing at the Dun Laoghaire beach.

Quietly, they enjoyed the beach scenic view. He inched closer and his fingers interlaced with hers. She continued to enjoy her ice cream as she murmured, "I am being nice since you bought me two ice creams. Otherwise, I wouldn't let you hold my hand."

He sarcastically replied, "Well then it's my lucky day."

The salty breeze ruffled her hijab around her face and blew away the hijab end draped over her shoulder. He grasped the end of the hijab and pulled it down over her chest. She frowned as to what he was doing.

"I can fix my own clothes," she said haughtily.

"You need to dress modestly you know," he remarked gazing at her dark pink hijab, white maxi dress with multi-coloured floral print and matching hot pink cotton shrug.

She leaned back away from his hands, "Excuse me I am rather modestly dressed than many around us here." She pointed at the women in bikini sunbathing on the sandy beach.

"I don't care how they are dressed. I want my wife to be dressed properly." He countered back.

She folded her arms over her chest defensively, "You have no right to tell me how to dress."

His forehead creased, "I do. I am your husband and I definitely have a right to tell you how to dress."

"Oh give me a break. Next thing I know you will be telling me to wear abbaya and a niqab." She rolled her eyes.

"Not a bad idea. I have been thinking about it."

"Oh please stop it."

"We will discuss this when we go home." He concluded looking out at the waves.

Nawal shook her head in disbelief.

Oh dear, here we go again. Why can't he mind his own damn business?

****

Later that night, Nawal in her pajamas, stood in front of the mirror applying the night cream when Salman walked in their bedroom with two big glasses. Nawal curiously glanced at him, abandoning the night cream on her fingers. Her eyebrow rose questioningly.

Salman placed the glasses on top of the bedside drawers, "I made us my special milkshake."

She hurriedly applied the rest of the cream and then narrowed her eyes as she stared at the contents of the glass, "Is it drinkable?"

He sat down on the bed and shrugged nonchalantly, taking a sip from one of the glasses, his voice muffled against the drink, "Suit yourself."

Licking his top lip, he smugly complimented his drink, "Delicious."

She sat beside him on the bed and her hands wrapped around the cold glass of milky drink. She hesitantly took a small sip to taste it. The first sweetness of the drink hit her tongue and her eyes widened. She then gulped a much larger sip. She was too busy drinking the milkshake to compliment. It was not until she was half way through her drink that she noticed that Salman was looking at her expectantly.

Slowly, she set down the drink on her lap, "It's good. I had no clue you could prepare milkshakes."

"You don't know me yet."

"Hmmm..." she murmured and continued to drink her milkshake. Within minutes, she was done with it but she was still not full. With somber eyes, she glanced at his glass which was forgotten on top of the side drawer as he was busy with his phone. She dithered and then cleared her throat, "Umm... if you are not having your drink. Can I?"

He looked up from his phone and frowned, "I thought you didn't like to share your food."

She shook her head, grinning playfully and her eyes glinting with mischief, her voice lowered, "I don't like sharing MY food but who said I can't share with other people's food." without further affirmation from Salman, she lifted his milkshake glass and took a big sip of his drink and closed her eyes savouring the taste while it lasted.

He chuckled, "You are twisting your words to suit yourself."

She scrunched her nose with a milky moustache on her lips, she proudly said, "That's how I am." She thought for a second and suggested, "Can you make me milkshake every day?"

He poked her waist, "I have a lazy wife here."

"I am ticklish and I don't want to spill the drink."

Salman tried hard not to smile and patiently waited for her to finish her drink. When the contents of the glass were empty, with a straight faced he extracted her fingers from the glass and placed it back on top of the bedside drawer. "So... about being ticklish." His fingers slowly ran up her sides.

She squealed, "No no no stop"

But he showed no mercy. With giggles she lay back on the bed fighting him off but he continued his tickling attack.

"Stop, stop I can't breathe," She gasped.

His fingers stilled immediately. She was heaving, her chest falling and rising. Salman was laying on his side beside her, his head resting against his raised hand, a smile lingering on his lips and eyes still full of mirth.

"You know I missed you these last few days," he whispered when she looked up at him. His fingers on her side lightly caressed her.

She wasn't able to respond. As she gazed into his raven black eyes, she saw emotions she didn't want to contemplate.

He lowered his head and kissed her cheek softly. His lips trailing to her ear and he whispered, "Do you forgive me?"

She tilted her face, lips inches away from his. He was seeking forgiveness of what he accused her of. He had been wonderful all day. First the beach, the ice cream and now this. She was a soft-hearted person moreover Samreen's words were still strong on her mind. She should give it a try for this relationship to work. Her lips moved, "I do."

The stars shone, the moon glimmered on the dark night sky, and the open window curtains billowed in the cool summer night breeze. His lips met hers in the softest of touch as light as a feather. With painstaking slowness, he kissed her. Closing her eyes, she let herself float in this new swirl of emotions. 

--------------------------------

Eid Mubarak everyone!!!! In most parts of the world, Eid is tomorrow. May Allah bless you and your families Ameen.

Dublin Sisters 3 – Fostering You has been published. Amal's story. Please do check it out.

Please vote and comment

Until next time,

Assalam u alaikum warahmatulalhi wabarakatuhu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.5K 66
"Look Ayan...," I started, ready to announce my decision, "I know your brother is a total weirdo and can't do romance and stuff but I can't ignore hi...
127K 6.4K 25
Inayah has dealt with quite enough. She just wanted to finish her degree, get a good job, and find some peace and quiet. But that's always too much t...
23.8K 1.1K 12
" shut the fuck up, I dare you to touch her and it will be the death of you" yelled zahab, his amber eyes changed its color, he was known for his cal...
165K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...