Mending a broken heart.

By carltumee

"Can a broken heart ever be mended?" ** c_elijah 2017 More

Chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven.
chapter eight
Chapter Nine.
chapter ten
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
Love
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
epilogue I
epilogue Ia.
epilogue lb.
epilogue II
author's note.
A COLD DAY IN HELL
HOW TO ATTRACT YOUR SPOUSE
SEQUEL.

chapter one & two.

6.1K 268 17
By carltumee

All rights reserved.@carltumee

Thanks for taking out time to read this.
Also other books by me;
1.mending a broken heart ✔️
2.perks of being kanuri
3.Anatomy of the heart ( sequel to mending a broken heart),
4.what is love,
5. A cold day in hell
6.one last wish.✍🏾

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️
Meet Abid
Abid....a conservative self centred man.
hails from a family of three.
he's the most successful business tycoon in qatar . Abid believes true love can only be found in movies. The only time he ever fell in love against all his odds was with farida whom he later married.
She later left him , taking his daughter najwa along , leaving him alone with nothing .
It took Abid a really long time for him to rebuild himself,
promising never to fall in love again suddenly there's an intrusion to his life. An arranged marriage with some one he knows less to nothing about.
**********************************,*,,
Before i start , i would like to state ;
This is my first time writing, 
I hope you will enjoy it.
Sorry had technical issues , so am merging chapter one and two together .
Have fun reading ✌

##THE TERRIBLE END##
Chapter one

ABID'S P.O.V;

I Left work early today and decided to get oreo filled ice cream for my daughter najwa, it's her favourite.
As I reached home , the security man was trying to tell me something as he does occasionaly but he's a little bit anxious this time, having one motive on my mind , which is to surprice my dear najwa, I dismissed him and went straight inside the house.
strange , najwa wasn't there to welcome me as usual.
I shouted her name once inside but no answer.
I decided she was fast asleep.
i kept the ice cream in the freezer and decided to check on her to my surprise she wasn't there.
I called my wife farida and she too was not answering, I was getting tense and worried.

I couldn't find them anywhere so I decided to call farida through my mobile but she wasn't picking the call or was on reachable.
she might not be near her phone I thought and went in to freshen up, in the hopes I will calm my tense nerves.

After 2 hours of long wait , I decided to ask the security/ gate keeper of their where about.
He told me that farida left with some luggages in the morning after I had left for work.
"Aren't you aware" he asked me.
"what nonsense are you talking about" I snarled at him and immediately went back in .
I opened farida's wardrobe and found it empty and then a piece of paper on her bed which must have been laying down there all day.
As i open the scrutinized paper, I saw the shuck of my life .
why would farida suddenly wake up and leave me.
I couldn't believe my eyes, I stand in front of the mirror staring back at myself, my new reality.
Just thinking of it breaks me a million day , I had no idea when i tighten my fist and gave the mirror a punch in a fit of anger, I only realised so after noticing the blood from my hand and the sound of the falling mirror.
Surprisingly the wound on my hand felt like nothing compared to what my heart is going through now.
Farida has not just broken my heart but my trust as well. i began to break the things in the room.
I sat on the floor of the room to the mess i had made, pondering in anger.
Soon tears began to flow down my cheeks.

I couldn't sit anymore, just on impulse i, as if I heard remembered something important, 
i rushed to the freezer and got the ice cream I bought for najwa and began to throw it all around.
why would she leave with my dear najwa I screamed and brought out my mobile and dialed Ammi's number ( my mum). Just when the call was going through I started  to feel light headed.

The next thing I knew ,  it was morning.
i was laying on my bed drenched in tears.
Ammi was by my side,  I must have slept off.
I tried to get up but I was feeling a sharp sudden headache and uneasiness.
Ammi pushed me a litte back to the bed and told me to rest a little. she said i have been crying out since last night and it broke her heart.
"rest a little bit my dear Abid,  will talk later" said my ever caring  Ammi.

later when I had a little rest,   I saw Ammi still there with me.
"farida!! " I called out.
"calm down my son, she's not here " I heard Ammi saying  and I felt a sudden stroke in my heart.
This isn't a dream after all.
" But how are you here Ammi " I asked.
"You called yesterday night , blabbing something about farida leaving with najwa, at first I thought it was a prank but I felt the sadness and pain in your voice which said everything" she stated but paused before continuing " you kept weeping but it was too late that's why we came here this morning".

**********************************

third person's p.o.v

Mrs. farouqi (ammi) got a call from a devasted Abid telling her that farida her daughter-in-law has left him along side her grand daughter.
she was so shocked that she couldn't think straight.
The next morning after hundred attempts of trying to reach  farida's mobile,  she went to her parents house for answers.

Deep down she was hoping to see farida there,and to find out that everything Abid said was big misunderstanding   but  her hopes died when she could not find her there.
After explaining what happened, farida's parent became surprise as well and set free all ties between them and their only daughter because she has aboundon them also.
"it seems farida has changed her mobile line" said farida's mother after trying the line herself . She didn't argue with her inlaws because both her and her husband have witnessed a change of behavior in their recently but took it lightly.
Indeed they made a huge mistake by not confronting their daughter of her odd behaviours or sensing something as big as this might happen.
Farida's parent console Mrs .farouqi.
she left there and meet Ruba in the car (abids younger sister and best friend ),
whom drove her to Abid's house where they found Abid on the floor in the kitchen with swollen face which suggests he has been crying all night. With the help of Ruba Mrs. farouqi took Abid to his room.

**
3 month after the event Abid still isn't getting over farida, he took out his trouser and a note fell off, it was the one farida had left , he took it and re read it .,

"salam Abid i know what am about to say will surprise you, and even hurt you but truth be said. Am leaving, am leaving along with my daughter. I feel suffocated when am with you,  I need air to breath and live life my way .
with you around, I can't get just that.
Please do not border to look for me, because by the time you are reading this am long gone and untraceable.Take care of your self , And please help me say goodbye to my parents because I can't face any of you now, and I took a blank cheque of yours with me . With love Farida ".

As Abid read the note he felt his heart breaking all over,how could someone look like an angel and behave like a demon he thought , indeed the devil was once an angel.
He took out a lighter from his pocket and set the note ablaze.

A week later abid decided to go through his mails ,he saw new mails in his mail box and decided to check them up, as he opened them one after the other , he saw some with irrelevant news others with relevant one's .
one was from work so he decided to check, he found out that he was fired for not turning up at work and had no leave.
to my surprise Abid didn't even care ,
what could  be worse than farida's deed.
He kept checking the rest of the mails and saw an alert from his bank that 50 million has been withdrawn, Abid was shock farida has not just left him but she took his life and wealth along with her.
then why go into the trouble of marriage with him if all she needed was his money he thought.

A devasted Abid called his younger sister to tell her about loosing his job but to his surprise she was aware, a letter arrive from his office while they were at his house but she decided to keep it away from him because it would make things only worse.
Abid smiled to having a caring family and ended the call.
He continues to stay in dismay for the next 2weeks without receiving or making any calls.
He excluded his self from the rest of the world. What's there to live for?, he thought.
Abid was so heart broken that he stayed each day home doing nothing but falling apart,
Mrs. farouqi and ruba have had enough and decided to admit him into a rehabilitation center. Abid must have really loved farida deeply to be this ruin.

CHAPTER TWO.

##TURNING AROUND ##

Abids p.o.v

The whole family escorted me to the rehabilitation centere where I was left to get better as if i was ill.
I spent twelve months.
A year per say and was dismissed later on.
Determine as I was, I came back totally strong and i learnt to put the past behind me, to put farida behind me .
I hated the sound of her name which I very much use to admire, so i sold my house because all it did was to remind me of my past, too much memories that kills me inside out, too much unwanted memories.
I packed to my parents house before I could get my life back together. As the year goes by, i improved by day.

Ruba is having this function at college where I and ammi would be her guest.,It took all the tricks in the world for Ammi to persuade me into going and i wasn't going to let my best friend down.
After the function on our way back I saw a woman with a kid that had a jet black curly hair tied in a pony tail like najwa likes, I have found  najwa I screamed aloud in my head and  turned the whirl of the car and started following them,
I guess the driver was scared because the car's speed was increased.
I  manage to over take them and pull over. A young brunette came out. Gosh I did it again, I was in shock and lost in my thoughts that I could not even talk or apologise.
i came out of my reverie when i heard Ruba and Ammi apologising on my behalf.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

The next day

the next day mum called me saying she had an important meeting with me as reported by Ruba. At first I was nervous taking aback by yesterday's event but shrugged the feeling soon enough.
exactly after dinner I went out to the mosque for magrib and immediately when i came back , I went straight to ammi's room.
"Assalamulaikum" I said.
"wasalaam" replied Ammi.
I went in and saw her on the praying mat.
she must have just finished observing her prayers.
"sit , Abid " said Ammi as she waved onto the direction of her sofa.
I sat there and Ammi sat across me.
"Abid its been almost two years since ....you know what" she said reserving her comment.
I knew were this conversation was going but still I was praying to be disappointed.
"Are you with me ? " Ammi asked.
"oh sorry yes , you were saying" I said.

"I think you should settle down since you have started that business in beirut then you need a wife by your side it will help erase all the sad memories" she said.
"Ammi no , I will never again get married. I can't afford to get my heart broken all over again."
I stopped and look at her but continued anyway even though she seemed disappointed at me.
i deliberately denied ammi a chance to speak. "wollahi I don't want to upset you ,or go against  your commands but I just can't."
  I walked out of the room swiftly.
I could here ammi's voice behind me calling my name out but I ignored. I headed to the lawn where I ran into  Ruba.
"is everything ok, Abid?"she asked "...Abid wait up" Ruba yelled..i simply ignored her and left.

Mum took months along side Ruba pestering me about marriage.
I heard mum has gotten a girl named Badia, her cousin's daughter I guess.
I left for beirut and things didn't seem to change all day long I either receive their call or see their text trying to convince me to give life a second chance.
I even saw a text from Ruba saying how unhappy they are seeing me this way.
And how Dad is in sorrow in his grave just seeing me this way and how the family is starting to drift apart.
I decided to return home.
I arrived at Qatar by dusk and checked into a hotel because the last thing I need is my beloved one's nagging.
The following day I went straight home and to my surprise nothing of a sort was raised from the issue on ground.
"finally things seems normal" I heave a sigh.
Ammi suddenly spoilt the evening By bringing the issue up, i guess normal doesn't last for ever.
"Ammi you don't have to worry I will marry the lady " I said.
I could spot the effect of what I have just said on their faces . " Alhmdlh" said Ruba as she jumped off the table and gave me a big hug then she disappeared. "Masha Allah, may Allah bless you my child and bring ease to all your suffering " said Amin.
"Amin ya Ammi " I replied.
Mum was happy that she kept on ranting alot of things , then finally she starts to brief Me about my soon to be wife.
I learnt her name was Badia Ahmad whom recently graduated from college.
she has a sibling.
Mum is thrill to join us together under sacred matrimony because Badia is family although distant one but she believes that family can never hurt one another.
So , she has faith in her.
But I had no interest because I surely know, that I won't put my heart out their for it to be broken.
Once bitten , twice shy.
And to me women are all the same, conniving and self centred of course  apart from Ammi ,Ruba and my darling daughter.

A week later;
it's finally time for the engagement, Ammi did not quite invite alot of poeple because it's my second marriage and non of us were that thrilled even Ammi isn't that happy, she thought it's the best thing to do right now, to move on.
And she feels one can't stay single for ever.
I took Ruba and Ammi to shop for the engagement which would insha Allah be in two days.
Ammi and Ruba spend exactly two hours shopping and then we headed back home.
The next morning ecstatic Ruba woked up quite early and started decorating the house.
by 7am the helps arrived and lend a hand.
I didn't bother about all that , i just wish everything would be done with.
the following day (engagement day).The guest started arriving, all I could hear was "waAssalamulaikum" followed by greetings.
Before you could know it, the house was full with strangers.
I was called out to greet the visitors and finally  the engagement officially started.
My soon to be bride greeted,  I wanted to reply her but my words couldn't just find their way out.

it was time for us to exchange the ring.
I didn't care about anything I just lowered my eyes and I was asked to put the ring on her finger.
I did as told without looking at her and then it was her turn.
The bride whom I didn't even care to check out or give a second look was standing besides me probably lost In thoughts when she was asked to put the ring on me.

A/N ;
Thanks for reading , it means alot.
this is my first book, so show some support
And expect some short comings,
We are all not perfect but with your help N support I'll be better as the book goes on.
Don't be a silent reader,
drop comment,
vote, share to your friends.
Let me know you like what am doing..... love you all😘
~kalkal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 27.5K 33
"Just go away, you know that I don't like your touch. Then why are you here? You think you're his mumma? No, he will for sure forgot you when he will...
19.9K 1K 59
Heyy. ✌🏼Islamic story. Two broken souls are meant to be together but only Allah knows, will they heal mend their heart or completely destroy them...
1.6K 230 14
~Arhan Mirza~ "Your One Innocent Mistake and I will turn Your life into Hell" ~ZamZam Farooqui~ "Mistakes Are Proof that you are trying, it's part of...
829K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...