Don't Give Up On Us Now (Sequ...

By RyleyBridges

Ryley Berry's junior year at McKinley has begun and it's going to be a good one this year. With the New Dire... More

Don't Give Up On Us Now (Sequel to The New Berry)
Chapter 1 ~ First Attempt
Chapter 2 ~ Second Attempt
Chapter 3 ~ Concert
Chapter 4 ~ Rydley Problems & Blaine's Announcement
Chapter 5 ~ Duet & X Factor
Chapter 6 ~ Newbies
Chapter 7 ~ Busking In Lima
Chapter 8 ~ Reunited And It Feels So Good
Chapter 10 ~ Halloween & Movie Week
Chapter 11 ~ Time To Be Awesome
Chapter 12 ~ A New York City Christmas & New Years
Author's Note
Chapter 13 ~ I'm P-Paralyzed With Happiness
Chapter 14 ~ Finchel's Third Attempt At A Wedding
Chapter 15 ~ The Theme You Knew Was Coming
Chapter 16 ~ Kicking Ass At Regionals
Chapter 17 ~ Klaine-gagement Time
Chapter 18 ~ Broadway Week
Chapter 19 ~ A Sexist Song vs A Girl Power Song
Chapter 20 ~ Bad Influences
Chapter 21 ~ Prom Night
Chapter 22 ~ Nationals in the Big Apple
Chapter 23 ~ Goodbye 2.0

Chapter 9 ~ Birthday, Future Plans & Election

1.9K 39 17
By RyleyBridges

I have began to plan out something that will happen in the next book. An OC called Lucas Tanner (portrayed by Paul Wesley aka Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries) will arrive soon (just for a brief appearance) but he will return in the next book and might come in between Ryley and Ryder.

Also, I've been planning out futures for people who are graduating. Ryder's future was something I asked people for. flowersandlace gave me the idea for either something involving strength and being a hero or football. I've decided what he's going to do so along with other characters futures, they will be revealed in this chapter.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

Ryley made her way down the steps of her house early on a Friday morning. She was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and trying to adjust to the morning light that was already trying to shine into the house. She walked through the living room and to the dining room and kitchen to find her dads' and a familiar brunette sitting at the table.

"Rachel!?" Ryley asks, with a smile.

"Happy Birthday, little sis." Rachel says, getting up from her seat and going to hug her sister. They hug and then smile at each other when they part from their hug.

"When did you arrive?" Ryley asks.

"Early this morning. I was going to surprise you." Rachel says with a smile.

"It's a great surprise." Ryley says.

"Here," Rachel says and picks up a small present off the table, passing it to Ryley, "This is your present."

Ryley smiles then opens it up. An copy of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. She smiles at her sister, "I've been wanting to read this for a while. Thank you." Ryley gives her a hug then studies the book.

"We've got some presents for you too. Let me go get them." Leroy says, getting out of his seat and rushing upstairs.

Ryley takes a seat at the table and flicks through her book.

-----------------------------------------------

Ryley arrives at school with a smile on her face. Rachel's with her since she gave her a ride to school.

"Let's get to the choir room." Rachel says.

"They're going to surprise me, aren't that?" Ryley asks.

"Maybe." Rachel says.

Ryley smiles and chuckles a little.

"To the choir room, my sister." Ryley says and links arms with Rachel.

They laugh a little then walk down the hallway, arm in arm. They arrive at the choir room where the lights are off and once they turn the lights on, everyone jumps out of their hiding spots. Ryley acts surprised, already knowing they were going to surprise her.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouts. The New Directions, Finn, Blaine, Sam, Puck and Cooper are all there.

Ryley smiles at all of them, "Thank you."

"There is cake." Ryder announces, grabbing his girlfriend by the hand and dragging her to the piano where a cake sits on.

"What flavour is it?" Ryley asks.

"Red velvet since I know it's your favourite." Ryder says with a smile then pecks her cheek.

"Awesome." Ryley says. Finn lights the candles, the New Directions sing Happy Birthday then she makes wish before blowing out the candles.

"What'd you wish for?" Angie asks.

"That's a secret." Ryley says.

--------------------------------------------------

"Ryder, I know this is kind of awkward to talking about but I have something I want to tell you and sort of ask you." Ryley says to Ryder after school when they're sitting at a table in the Lima Bean.

"Go ahead." Ryder says, picking up his drink and taking sip from it.

"I'm ready to lose my virginity to you. Tonight, maybe." Ryley says.

Ryder chokes on his drink a little, spitting a bit back into his cup. He coughs a bit from it too. He's a bit shocked.

"Are you okay?" Ryley asks.

"Me? I'm fine." Ryder says, still coughing a bit.

"You sure? You seem a bit shocked." Ryley says.

"I kind of am. It took me by surprise." Ryder says.

"Are you ready to take our relationship to the next level with me too?" Ryley asks.

Ryder sighs, "I am, honestly. I'm ready to take the next step in our relationship because I love you so much."

"And I love you too." Ryley says.

"What about tomorrow night we get a hotel room and we spend the night together?" Ryder asks.

"Okay." Ryley says with a smile.

--------------------------------------------

"Are you seriously taking the next step in your relationship with Ryder?" Rachel asks, leaning against the door frame to Ryley's room the next day in the afternoon. Ryley's packing an overnight bag to take with her to the hotel.

"I'm ready. Were you ever like this with Finn?" Ryley asks.

"I was but we were in Senior year. Well, actually he lost his virginity to Santana in sophomore year." Rachel says.

"He lost his virginity to a lesbian?" Ryley asks, trying not to laugh.

"Well, back then she wasn't a lesbian. She was a straight girl who sometimes made out with Brittany but was still like having sex with most of the guys in school." Rachel explains.

"Wow." Ryley says, zipping her bag up.

"Are you really ready for this? I thought I was ready to lose my virginity to my sophomore boyfriend, Jesse but I wasn't." Rachel says, going over to sit on Ryley's bed.

"I'm ready. Are dad and daddy going to be okay with this?" Ryley asks.

"I don't know but I'll make a cover story for why you've gone out and won't be back till tomorrow." Rachel says.

"Thanks." Ryley says with a smile. She picks up her bag then heads downstairs to wait for Ryder to arrive to pick her up. He arrives and the two go out to the hotel.

----------------------------------------------

Ryley and Ryder awkwardly sit in the hotel room, fully dressed and with their bags sitting on the tables.

"Well..." Ryder starts.

"Well..." Ryley repeats.

"Why do we do now?" Ryder asks.

"We make out, don't we?" Ryley asks.

"Then that gets heated and remove clothing." Ryder says.

Ryley then laughs a little.

"What?" Ryder asks.

"We're both so awkward." Ryley says, laughing.

Ryder laughs a bit too, "We are but you are more awkward than me."

"Agreed." Ryley says.

Ryder decides to make the first move with this so he puts his hand on her cheek, making them look into each others eyes. He pulls her in for a kiss and they kiss for a while as they sit on the bed then they fall onto the bed. Ryley goes on top as they make out more. She breaks the kiss to take off Ryder's shirt after a while, revealing his muscular and perfect chest.

As more clothes are removed, they feel more relaxed and more in love with each other as they end up making love.

---------------------------------------------------

"Wow." Ryley says as she rests her head on Ryder's chest afterwards.

"Yes, wow." Ryder says. He kisses Ryley's head.

"That wasn't at all awkward like I thought it would be." Ryley says.

"I love you so much right now." Ryder says.

"Back at you." Ryley says with a smile.

There's a comfortable silence between the two then Ryley breaks the silence.

"What are you going do after you graduate?" Ryley asks.

"I don't know. I've thought of a few things since you asked me last." Ryder says.

"Please don't say vampire, hybrid or Intersect...again." Ryley says.

"Okay that minuses out all my favourite ideas." Ryder says.

Ryley laughs a bit, smacking his chest lightly, "Give me some good and proper ideas."

"Football at NYU is my first idea. Then there's my back up plan." Ryder says.

Ryley turns onto her stomach, "What's your back up plan?"

"Well, being a heroic kind of guy is something I want to be. I want to do something that shows off my strength and ability." Ryder says.

"Please don't say what I think you're going to say." Ryley mumbles, sadness on her face a bit.

"My back up plan is to join the army." Ryder says.

Ryley doesn't know how to react she just gets out of bed, grabbing a hotel robe from nearby and wraps it around her. She opens up the deck door off the hotel room and goes out onto the deck.

"What?" Ryder asks, getting out too and grabbing his nearby boxers.

"I don't want to lose you in some war zone." Ryley says, looking away from him.

"I'm not going to die." Ryder says, walking over to her.

Ryley turns around, "What if you do?" She clearly looks like she's going to cry.

"I promise you I'm not going to die. I'll come back to you in one piece." Ryder says.

"That could be a promise that could be broken. You might end up getting shot or even kidnapped by enemy soldiers." Ryley protests, beginning to cry.

Ryder wraps his arms around her, "It's only going to happen if I don't get accepted into either NYU or UCLA. I've sent letters to both schools with the help of parents who were like my spell check so I have a few months to find out. Okay?"

Ryley wipes her eyes then nods into his chest.

"I love you and you're not getting rid of me just yet." Ryder says.

Ryley removes her head from resting on his chest, "I love you so much too."

The two then share a sweet kiss.

"I'm tired." Ryley says.

"Same. I need some sleep." Ryder says.

The two head back into the hotel room, closing the deck door behind them. Ryley takes the robe off, puts her under wear on and grabs Ryder's t-shirt, putting it on over top. The two then get into bed and cuddle up before falling asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

"The future. Where are our seniors heading?" Finn asks the Glee Club on Monday.

"Los Angeles to check out the music scene. Hoping to get accepted in UCLA too." Benny says.

"I'm hoping to get accepted in Julliard for singing." Marley says.

"Same but dancing for me." Jake says.

"I'm planning on getting in Julliard too but for both singing and acting. I have some friends in New York too so we're planning on making a band." Elliot says.

"NYADA. Broadway has always been a dream for me." Blake says.

"Julliard for singing and dancing." Kitty says.

Everyone waits for Ryder to say something about what he's planning on doing. Ryley looks at him with a small smile to tell everyone what he's going to do.

"NYU or UCLA for football is my first choice. The army is my back up though." Ryder says.

Some people seem a bit shocked at his back up plan.

"The army isn't the best ideas," Finn says, "I wasn't there for that long because I shot myself in the leg while cleaning my gun but it's dangerous, Ryder."

"I know. I've heard all the war stories but being a hero is something I want to do if I can't play football." Ryder says.

"What do you feel about this, Ryley?" Angie asks Ryley.

"I just hope he gets accepted into NYU or UCLA." Ryley says, grabbing onto Ryder's hand.

--------------------------------------------------

Every Senior and some Juniors all arrive in the gym later that day. It's elections time for a Senior Class President. Kitty is still handing out badges with 'VOTE KITTY WILDE TO HAVE A PURR-FECT YEAR! :)' written on them along with a cheesy photo of Kitty grinning in her Cheerios uniform.

People go in and out of the voting booths, placing their votes for the three candidates; Kitty, some football dude called Zach Thomas and...Stoner Brett.

"With me being the only female candidate, I really hope to win this." Kitty tells the younger brother of Jacob Ben Israel, Joshua Ben Israel as he reports the election day. He has the same haircut as his older brother, same glasses and same geeky personality. He doesn't have a creepy crush on Rachel Berry; Joshua has a creepy crush on Ryley. The two boys seem to have a thing for Berry's.

Ryley and Ryder along with Marley, Jake, Angie and Gabe walk up to Kitty as Joshua goes to leave Kitty alone. Joshua sees Ryley and does his best flirtatious look. Ryder folds his arms and acts tough though, scaring Joshua away.

"Thank you for protecting me for that creep." Ryley says.

"Your welcome." Ryder says, giving her a quick kiss.

"You guys voting for me?" Kitty asks.

"Yes. Of course we are Kitty. Well, I am at least because I could be your VP." Marley says then heads off to the voting booth with Jake behind her.

"What about you guys?" Kitty asks.

"Well, I am all for female leadership and with you being the only female candidate, you have my vote. Plus you are a good friend, Kitty." Ryley says then goes off to vote, pulling Ryder along with her.

Kitty smiles with power as Gabe and Angie go off to vote for her too.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations to our new Senior Class President, Kitty Wilde won over 70% of all the votes. Her VP is Marley Rose. So again, congratulations to our new female leaders." Figgins says over the speaker during Glee Club.

The club cheer for Kitty and Marley who hi-five for their victory. The two girls have come a long way since they were enemies back in their sophomore year. They're now basically best friends.

"We should sing something to celebrate. A group number." Ryley says.

"It's always good to sing something." Angie says.

"Like what?" Marley asks.

"A song by Imagine Dragons." Ryley says. She goes over to the band and tells them the song she's thought of. They get ready to perform the song then they begin to play.

[Ryley:]

If you love somebody

Better tell them while they’re here ’cause

They just may run away from you

You’ll never know quite when, well

Then again it just depends on

How long of time is left for you

I’ve had the highest mountains

I’ve had the deepest rivers

You can have it all but life keeps moving

Ryder gets out of his seat and joins his girlfriend.

[Ryley & Ryder:]

I take it in but don’t look down

The New Directions join in from sitting in their seats.

[Ryley & New Directions:]

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

Waiting on this for a while now

Paying my dues to the dirt

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay

Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay

Take you with me if I can

Been dreaming of this since a child

I’m on top of the world.

The club all get out of their seats, performing and dancing around on the choir room floor. Finn can't help but join in.

[Jake:]

I’ve tried to cut these corners

Try to take the easy way out

I kept on falling short of something

I coulda gave up then but

Then again I couldn’t have ’cause

I’ve traveled all this way for something

[Jake & Ryder:]

I take it in but don’t look down

[Ryley & New Directions:]

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

Waiting on this for a while now

Paying my dues to the dirt

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay

Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay

Take you with me if I can

Been dreaming of this since a child

I’m on top of the world.

[New Directions:

Oooooooo... OoooAhhhhhOoooAhhhhh [2x]

[Ryley & New Directions:}

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

Waiting on this for a while now

Paying my dues to the dirt

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay

Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay

Take you with me if I can

Been dreaming of this since a child

[Kitty & Marley with New Directions:]

And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down

And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground

Get up now, get up, get up now.

And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down

And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground

Get up now, get up, get up now.

[Ryley & New Directions:]

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

Waiting on this for a while now

Paying my dues to the dirt

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay

Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay

Take you with me if I can

Been dreaming of this since a child

I’m on top of the world.

The New Directions cheer for themselves.

Will Schuester stands by the choir room entrance, watching them and still feeling that regret he feels for leaving them. They're so happy without him. Finn's going to lead them to a victory.

------------------------------------------------------

Do you like the choices I made personally for the students graduating? Some bits were quite random but I hope you guys enjoyed this.

Songs Used:

On Top Of The World - Imagine Dragons

Next chapter is going to be a little bit of Halloween then it's going to be Movie Soundtrack song themed. I've already sort of chose one song (Batdance by Prince) but I need more opinions.

I'm also going to do a Musicals themed chapter and I've chosen one song already (In Love With You from First Date: The Musical. It's actually not a love song though despite the title) and I need your opinions so live them in the comments.

You guys have two missions; Movie Soundtrack songs and Musicals....AND GO!

Also Sectionals; what should they sing (no specific theme for this)?

Vote!

Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 600 28
"All he knew was that it hurt...looking at him hurt. No being able to say all the things he needed to say". It's...
302K 6.6K 89
With all of its original members gone, the glee club must struggle to survive at McKinley High School. Having taken the club by a storm the last year...
337K 5.1K 41
15 year old Ryley is adopted by a gay couple called Leroy and Hiram Berry. She moves to Lima, Ohio with them and meets Leroy and Hiram's daughter, Ra...
56.7K 928 77
The final year of high school has finally come around for Marley Rose. She knows it's going to be tough - exam stress, finding the right college, and...