The Darlings of Suburbia

By Woowoowriting

A story about a girl who sends letters to a neighbor. More

The Prettiest House on our Street
I Probably Won't
Applying Yourself
Judging
A Busted Typewriter
You May Have Seen Us
Good Stuff
Bracelets
You Can Call Me Sub
You Might Like It
Chicago
Best Friends
Like a Drum
Hey, Mark
Someone's Feeling Sinister
Long Sleeves
Misunderstandings
I Didn't Listen
Can I Tell You Something?
A Lot Has Been Happening Lately
Do You Like It Here?
Dear Ms. Winters
Stage Four
Edgar Allen Poe
Naive
I Don't Either
Conquering Evils
A Long Time Ago
I Wish I Could
Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
Annabelle, Darling
Around the Waist
I Guess It Doesn't Matter
It's Alright
I Got Your Letter Today

Seals

3.9K 372 17
By Woowoowriting

So I talked to Spoon today. She’s my best friend, the one Mark has a crush on.

Her real name is Amanda, but she knows how to play spoons, and ever since she told us that she insisted we call her Spoon. So we do.

I asked her about Mark, and she didn’t understand what I meant.

“What about him?”

“Do you like him?”

“Yeah, Mark’s awesome.”

“Would you... Date him?”

“What? No, I don’t like him that way. I don’t think I ever will.”

She seemed to realize how harsh what she said was, and looked at the ground.

“He’s just... A brother to me, you know? I couldn’t lose that.”

“No, I... I understand.”

“Plus I think Jeff’s going to ask me out, so.”

She got really excited and had a big grin on her face. Her smile was beautiful.

“Oh, congratulations!”

I faked the enthusiasm. Jeff was the one that Annabelle blew, and pretty much everyone knows that he was the one who sent the video around. Plus we had heard that he hit his ex-girlfriend once when she accidentally dropped his phone and broke it. We all call him Doucheface, not Jeff. Everyone but Spoon, at least.

“He said he’s going to text me once he gets his new phone. His ex broke it or something.”

I guess she hadn’t heard the stories. It was understandable- Spoon wasn’t really one to dabble in gossip.

I wish she was sometimes, though.

She looked back at me.

"Oh, Sub, Mark wanted me to tell you something."

"What's that?"

"He said that if the guy you have a crush on didn't want to go out with you he'd be as dumb as a seal walking into a club. I didn't know what he meant, though."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 500 46
Belle and her husband Robert Gold are excited to finally be moving to Storybrooke. Not only will they be getting their well deserved privacy in the s...
509 105 40
Aurora only arrived on Earth a few months back, but she has already been through a lot! After her space ship crashed, she was left wondering how she...
172K 6.8K 49
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
130K 4.7K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...