Quote in the Quiet (Sabriel)

By Gabriels_Wings

AU with Mute Sam, Background Destiel and Michifer Gabriel Novak, just your every day person just out of col... More

1 - A Silent Introduction
2 - Still Not A Word
3 - Silence Isn't a Problem
4 - First Date
5 - Ways of Communication
6 - A Little Bit Of Marvel
7 - Lazy Day
8 - Suspicious Deano
9 - These Fluffy Idiots
10 - Day Trip
12 - They Really Should Talk About This
13 - Silence Is A Problem
14 - Not Quite A Quote
15 - Speech in the Silence
16 - Opposite
A/N - On Hold
17 - Sign Language
18 - Quotes Brought Them Together
Author's Note

11 - Let's Set Them Up

9.5K 590 1K
By Gabriels_Wings

Gabe woke to a warmth beside him, and opened his eyes to see a sleeping Sam there with one arm around him. He smiled softly and moved slightly, watching as Sam then stirred and looked at Gabe.

"Morning," Gabe said, smiling. Sam responded by kissing Gabe gently. Gabe smiled into the kiss, pressing closer to Sam. When they pulled away Sam sat up and looked at the clock in Gabe's room. "Do you have anywhere to be today?"

Sam grabbed his phone from where it was sitting and typed something out, passing it to Gabe.

I was going to meet up with Dean today, but I can't really be bothered.

"Oh crap, that reminds me," Gabe said, sitting up. "Cassie was going to visit today."

Sam paused before typing something again. Should we try and set them up?

Gabe laughed. "Sure, why not? So long as Dean won't do anything to hurt my little brother."

He wouldn't, Sam typed. Gabe smiled.

"Should we invite Charlie too?" Gabe asked as Sam texted Dean telling him to come to Gabe's house instead. Sam nodded, and Gabe grabbed his phone to text Charlie.

Can we go over to my dorm first so I can get clothes? Sam typed out, passing his phone to Gabe.

"Yeah of course kiddo," Gabe said.

Eventually the two of them got up, Gabe got dressed and then they went to Sam's dorm so Sam didn't have to wear the same clothes as the day before. And then they went back to Gabe's apartment.

Someone knocked on the door not longer after, at what was around lunch time.

"That's not Charlie because Charlie doesn't knock," Gabe said, as Sam went to answer the door. He opened the door to see Dean standing there and smiled.

"Hey Sammy," Dean said. "So...Gabriel's apartment then..." Dean raised his eyebrows.

Don't jump to conclusions, we didn't do anything, Sam signed.

"Sure you didn't," Dean said, walking inside to the lounge room where he just kinda flopped onto the couch. Gabe had been sitting on the floor like a child, and Sam went to sit back beside Gabe. "There's a perfectly good couch here you weird people."

"Yeah but floor," Gabe said. Sam just smiled.

"Alright then," Dean muttered. "Sammy, how's things?"

Great, Sam signed. Seriously, everything is great.

"Awesome," Dean said.

"Yay for one sided conversations," Gabe said in a teasing voice. Sam just nudged him teasingly while Dean narrowed his eyes at that.

Before Dean could say anything, the door to the apartment slammed open and Charlie came walking in.

"Sup bitches," she said before looking at Gabe and Sam sitting on the floor and joining them.

"There is a couch," Dean said. "Why...you know what forget it." Charlie just smirked.

"So how is everyone?" Charlie asked. "The ship appears to be sailing, now we just need the other ship..."

As if on cue, there was another knock on the door.

"Let yourself in Cassie!" Gabe yelled out and the door opened, Castiel walking through. Cas paused when he saw that there was multiple people in the room.

"I shouldn't be surprised at people randomly appearing here," Cas said. He looked at Sam. "I presume you're Sam then?"

Sam nodded and signed, Nice to meet you, half expecting no reply. Cas just smiled and signed back, You too.

"I swear if all four of you start doing that," Gabe said.

"It'll be your own fault," Cas said, before moving to sit on the couch beside Dean.

Currently, Dean was frozen and staring at Cas. Cas looked over at him and also froze. And so the Destiel staring began.

"Oh right, Cas that's Dean," Gabe said. "Sam's brother. Dean this is Castiel, he's my bro."

"Wait really?" Dean said, going out of the trance for a moment. "You look nothing alike."

"Adopted," Gabe said, and Dean just slightly nodded before going back to staring at Cas.

"Wow," Charlie said. "I didn't even need to lock them in a closet, this is working great."

"Wait what no," Dean said, forcing himself to look away from Cas. "Uh...no." Cas tilted his head at Dean, doing his squinty eyes thing and Dean just sat there trying not to look.

"Oh this is going to be fun," Charlie said with a smirk. "Well we can go back to them. Sabriel, how are you doing?"

"Oh we're great," Gabe said and Sam nodded in agreement.

"Gabe have you kissed him yet?" Charlie asked and Gabe made a spluttering sound, a blush spreading across his face. Sam just watched Gabe's reaction with a soft smile. "Well?"

Sam answered that by putting his hand under Gabe's chin to turn him to face him and then kissing him softly. Charlie made a high pitched fangirling sound while Dean was now just glaring at them.

"Really guys?" Dean asked.

"Like you can talk Dean, you're totally undressing Cas with your eyes," Charlie said and Cas gave her a wide eyed look, his face going red as he glanced over at Dean.

"Oh I did not need to hear that," Gabe muttered.

"Yes you did," Charlie said. "Great, so they kissed, now you two totally should."

"Charlie stop it, you're making them uncomfortable," Gabe said. "I mean, they literally haven't even said a word to each other."

"Oh you're right," Charlie said. "Hey Sam, Gabe, care to join me in the kitchen?" She stood up and left the room before they could reply and Gabe shrugged before following, Sam right behind him. "Neither of you two even think of following us," Charlie called back to Dean and Cas.

"Uhh..." Dean said. "Well...they're obviously trying to get us together."

"Yes, it would appear so," Cas said, looking over at Dean. Dean froze again as he looked at the bluest blue to ever blue eyes. He struggled to think of something to say and opened and closed his mouth a few times. Cas just chuckled lightly at Dean's awkwardness. "Normally I'm the socially awkward one."

"You don't seem that bad," Dean said.

"Trust me, I am," Cas said. "My people skills are rusty."

"That's an interesting way of putting it," Dean said. "So uh...well Gabriel said it, but I'm Dean Winchester." He held out his hand to shake and Cas took it.

"Castiel Novak," Cas replied, not letting go of Dean's hand. They looked into each others eyes again while still holding the others hand, and Charlie made an exasperated sound from where she was secretly watching.

"So uh..." Dean said, letting go of Cas's hand and looking away awkwardly. "It's what they're trying to do...but would you like to go out with me sometimes, get coffee or something?" He looked up at Cas nervously. Cas smiled.

"I'd love to Dean," Cas said, and Charlie marched back into the room.

"Destiel achieved," she said, sitting on the floor again. Sam and Gabe followed and sat down too. "Now, for what reason are we actually all here?"

It really was just to set them up, Sam signed so Dean and Cas couldn't see.

"Ohh," Charlie said. "Well then. Want to watch nerdy movies for the next few hours?"

"Dude yes," Dean said. "Gabriel you better have good movies."

"What about Star Wars?" Gabe said. "The original three?"

"Yep," Charlie said. "We're doing it." She stood up and went to where she knew Gabe kept the movies, and went about setting it all up without even needing Gabe's help.

Sam signed something to Charlie.

"Of course I know my way around, I pretty much live here," Charlie said.

"That's true, it's impossible to get her to leave sometimes," Gabe said and Sam chuckled.

Charlie started the movie and then walked over to the couch. "This is a three person couch and there is a gap between you two. One of you move over, I want the edge."

"Yeah, sure that's the reason," Dean said, but moved over to the middle of the couch, closer to Cas. Charlie sat on the end, and Cas glanced at Dean shyly. Sam and Gabe just got comfortable on the floor because why not.

They watched through the first movie and then went straight into the second. At some point during the movie Dean ended up with his arm around Cas's shoulders, and towards the end Cas was partially leaning against Dean.

"Should we get dinner?" Gabe asked as the second movie finished.

"Yes, pizza," Charlie said, and then looked over at Dean and Cas and smirked.

"That's my little brother," Gabe muttered and only Sam heard, and he just smirked. "Oh shut up."

"I didn't say anything," Sam said, smirking.

"You were thinking, it's annoying," Gabe replied, smiling. "Does that mean I'm Sherlock?"

Sam rolled his eyes and mouthed the words, You wish.

"I'm sorry but did Sam just talk?" Charlie said slowly. Gabe just smirked and watched Sam's shy little smile. "Also Sherlock quote."

"Yep," Gabe said, before leaning up to kiss Sam softly.

"Aww you guys are adorable," Charlie said with a smile. "I'll organize pizza."

Dean and Cas hadn't said anything but also hadn't moved.

Charlie organized pizza for them and it arrived not longer after. So they all ate pizza and then watched the third movie.

"You know, we should've invited Kevin," Charlie said.

"Oh damn we should've," Gabe said. Sam looked sad for a second before shrugging.

And so they watched the movie. Charlie decided she was gonna crash on Gabe's couch for the night, and Sam just decided to stay the night again. Dean had to leave to go home and so did Cas, but the two of them exchanged phone numbers before they left.

Sam and Gabe curled up together on the bed later, Sam pulling Gabe close against him.

"Goodnight Sammy," Gabe muttered sleepily. Sam kissed Gabe on the forehead in reply. Then Gabe's breathing evened out as he fell asleep, and he didn't hear the words Sam said quietly.

"Goodnight Gabriel."

~~

Fun little Destiel chapter :D Would you guys kill me if I put feels in this book?

It's 1:30am, wow I need to stop doing this xD Oh and I got new glasses today, and they're so much better than my old ones, and hey I'm actually wearing them during writing for once

I wish holidays lasted longer...I realized today it's almost halfway through, and that's just sad. I miss summer holidays, they're better.

*Gives everyone waffles* (I still want some damn waffles)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 2.5K 24
♢~Highest Ranking: #2 Michifer~♢ #25 Destiel~♢ After their Father's disappearance and Uncle's death, Michae...
215K 15.1K 26
What if our four loveable idiots were fanfic writers and that's how they met? Sam, Dean, Castiel and Gabriel were all pretty normal people. At least...
4.7K 259 18
Sam and Dean are hunters, plain and simple. Always have been and always will be. After all, saving people, hunting things. It's the family business...
4.6K 112 27
Dean Winchester lived on Maple Road in a small town in Indiana. His younger, much taller brother, Sam, lived on Creek circle the next town over. His...