You Need Me (Laurmani)

Від dwriter1

[COMPLETED] Lauren is a successful indie pop singer who has been in the industry for about 3 years. After the... Більше

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty

Fifteen

4.1K 124 405
Від dwriter1

Normani's POV:

I take a step closer to her still not believing my eyes. My first love, someone I haven't seen in three years is right in my face. A rush of emotions are flowing back just by looking at her again.

"You look like you saw a ghost" she says with a small grin.

"Zendaya.. I tried to contact you so many times" my voice comes out as a hurt whisper.

She sighs and nods her head "I know.. But you have to understand Normani. I was hurt, you left me"

I frown not knowing what to say. She was right I did leave her. We were in love for most of high school and I put her through so much hiding our relationship from my mom & from everyone else and she still stuck with me. But as soon as I see opportunity elsewhere I leave her. She didn't deserve.

"I'm sorry.."

She smiles "Keep it. This isn't the place for this type of conversation anyway" she says hinting at all of the cameras. Causing me to realize that we are standing in the middle of the red carpet.

"So.. maybe we can talk about this another-"

I am interrupted by someone in my ear "Normani you have to get moving"

"Another time?" I finish my previous statement ignoring him.

She smiles and walks slightly closer "Can I hug you?"

I am in complete shock. We haven't heard from or seen eachother in three years after such a sudden ending to us. I thought she hated me.

She reaches her arms out and I smile as well as we hug. She smells the same, or even better.

I remember the scent from those senior nights when we would sneak away in her car, park in a parking lot and cuddle in the back seat. One of the only places we could be intimate together. Spending hours talking, snuggling, kissing. I would have to tell my mom I lost track of time a Jillys house just to avoid getting in trouble.

My eyes flicker back open when about 10 to 15 cameras click as I'm in her hold. Im glad no one knows about us or that we were in love at one point because this hug would cause headlines about us to be everywhere.

She pulls out of the hug "Maybe I'll see you around" she says with a smile.

"Ma'am it's time" the man says, this time grabbing my arm slightly trying to guide me down the carpet.

"Yes, maybe" I say grinning uncontrollably.

I turn to him "okay damn I can walk by myself"

He smiles and removes his grip from my arm "Sorry ma'am" he slides his hand to my lower back guiding me up the carpet.

These men are so annoying but I know they're just doing their jobs so I shrug it off.

Along the walk my mind travels back to her.

'wow'

//

Lauren and I were backstage getting ready for our performance and I could tell something was on her mind.

"What's up?" I asked her trying to figure out why I'm in the midst of a thirty minute silent treatment.

"Why'd you look at her like that?" She asks very bluntly, getting straight to the point.

I swallow "And what look are you talking about Lauren?"

"Like you were infatuated with her" she says frowning slightly.

I sigh. I know Lauren has had problems with previous relationships and that's why she's so guarded and possessive. But she has to understand that I wouldn't hurt her. I would never. She gives me everything I look for, everything I need. I love her.

"It's just.. I haven't seen her in a while that's all"

"Define while?" Her brow raises.

"3 years"

"So you knew her before you were famous?"

I nod.

I left when I was 18. Was with DNAC for two years and now I'm here.

"How did you know her?"

I'm starting to get tired of this game of twenty one questions and also I specifically don't want to answer this one since her suspicion is already raised,  so I walk over to her.

"Look at me, none of this matters" I say grabbing her cheeks with my hand and squeezing make her lips pucker out.

"How did you know her?" She mumbles out through my  hand.

I sigh and release her face "We were friends". I lied, we were much much more than friends. Even though only the two of us knew because I forced us to hide our relationship. I grimace at the thought of that.

She grabs my hips and pulls me into her with a saddened expression "Im sorry I'm like this Mani. I just don't want to lose you" she sighs "and you know what I went thr-"

I cut her off by placing my finger over her lips "You don't have to explain Lo, I understand" I removed my finger and placed a long wet kiss on her lips "I'm yours. I need you to trust that. Now let's finish getting ready so we can kill this performance"

//

As we performed I looked for her in the audience. I don't know why, maybe I just wanted to see if she was enjoying it.

Maybe I wanted to see if she still looked at me the way she used to.

After alot of scanning by the time I got to my second verse I spotted her. She's intently watching me forcing me to do the same back at her.

She's looking at me the way she did when she would stare at me across the classroom yearning for my attention in public, which I never gave to her. She's looking at me the way she would when I danced in the empty studio after hours and she stayed behind to watch. She's looking at me like she would when we snuck out late and went back to her house to cuddle for a while since her mother worked the night shift.

I'm not even sure she knows Lauren is on the stage. I'm not even sure I know Lauren is on the stage.

"No teasing, you've waited long enough. Go deep imma throw it at ya, can you catch it?"

I didn't even notice I was singing to her until I saw a smirk written across her face. I disconnect my eyes almost immediately feeling washed with guilt.

My verse ended and Lauren starts to sing hers, making her way towards me. She has a determined look in her eyes.

'Uhh ohh' I hope she didn't notice.

She reaches me and instantly I am spun around so that my backside is against her front. The audience goes absolutely crazy.

"Baby strip down for me go on em off, do worry baby imma meet you half way cause I know you wanna see me" she sings as we sway back and forth.

I bite my lip trying my hardest to fight the urge to look at zendaya for her reaction.

What's wrong with me? Why is she still on my mind?

"Almost there (uh huh), so baby don't stop what you doing" as I sung I grabbed her hand and slid down her front side, being sure to push my ass back into her as I slowly slid back up. Why not give the best performance of the night right?

The performance goes on and Lauren is the one initiating the rest of the contact on stage, earning us screams from the audience.

It's time for the floor choreo section and I give it my absolute all. Sex was just radiating from my body as I did every pop, grind and thrust that the choreography called for.

The song is ending and I walk over to Lauren singing "All I wanna see you in is just skin, All I wanna see you in I just skin"

She sings back to me as if we're having a conversation "All I wanna see you in" she wrapped her free arm around my waist and pulled me into her "All I wanna see you in is your skin. Oh"

As soon as the last word was sung she crashed her lips into mine. The crowd was the loudest it had been all night. The kiss took me by surprise, so it took me a while to start kissing back.

Were we really having one of those obnoxious stage kisses? No Pg-13 shit either, all types of tongue action was taking place. At least ours wasn't all staged and planned.

I knew what she was doing and I loved it.

'Show the world I'm yours baby' I thought as our lips smacked.

She pulled back and grabbed my hand so we could bow and we skipped off stage hand in hand. As everyone cheered for us.

Once we reached back stage I jumped into her arms and kissed all over her face.

She groaned "ughh you're getting lip stick on my face"

"Hush" I said kissing her one last time, this time on her lips "You have to get touched up anyway"

"Congrats ladies" one of the producers said as we made our way to the back room to get our touch ups and change back into our dresses.

As Lauren got her makeup retouched I decided to speak "I know what you were doing when you kissed me.. Both times" I say referring to on the red carpet and the stage.

She turns her eyes to look at me still getting lipstick applied "And what exactly was I doing Normani?" She smirked lightly.

"Being your normal possessive self" I said glaring "But I loved it, jealous Lauren is sexy"

"Shut up" she grunts "I'm sexy all of the time. Are you ready?" She says hinting about our award categories.

"I'm ready" I smile "but even if we don't win I'm happy with the outcome of tonight regardless"

//

We sat back in the audience in the second row. It's a freaking amazing feeling to be here with such prestigious names. To my front and right a few seats is Rihanna and I'm trying not to freak out. Ciara, Selena Gomez and Taylor swift just names a few people that are in the same row as Lauren and I.

"Here to present the award for best collaboration please welcome Trevor Jackson and Zendaya Coleman"

My heart drops immediately. Out of all awards she could have presented she presents one that Lauren and I could possibly win. One that we expect to win.

I look over to Lauren and she's looking straight at me, her green eyes piercing my soul. Honestly she needs to chill. The only thing that's bothering her is how I 'Looked' at Zendaya. Imagine if she actually knew about our past? All hell would break loose and that's why I decided no to tell her.

"Hey hey hey beautiful people"

She says walking up to the microphone and I try my hardest to look disinterested.

'Wow, she's even more beautiful than before. And that dress..'

Her and Trevor finish their little skit type thing and now its time for the important part.

"And the nominees are...

The audio voice in the background begins to list the names.

Nick Jonas and Tove Lo - Close

Rihanna and Drake - Work

My nerves start to kick in and I look to Lauren "oh my god, we're up against Rihanna?!"

She smiles and grips my hand tightly "We got this babe"

The voice says a few more nominations that I didn't hear because I'm mentally freaking out.

The audience is cheering after each nominations and they are showing those respective artists on the camera.

Sia and Big Sean - Cheap Thrills

Normani Kordei and Lauren Jauregui - Just Skin

The crowd goes absolutely crazy & that's when I finally realize how much people love us.

Trevor: "And the winner is.."

Zendaya: "Normani Kordei and Lauren Geragway, Just Skin!!!"

'Holy SHIT she said her name wrong'

We stand up excited and we pull in for a hug before walking up to the stage hand in hand, being sure to wave to the audience with our other hand. She makes sure to hold my dress up as I walk up the steps.

I take the award and hug Trevor he hugs Lauren as well. Zendaya holds her arms out grinning and I awkwardly hug her.

Can you say fucking awkward.

Her and Lauren connect eyes and they both simultaneously give the 'im not hugging you bitch' smile and nod.

I grab the mic "Oh my god this is amazing! You don't know how much this award means to us" I say turning my head to Lauren and smiling.

She slides her hand around my waist, comfortablly close to my ass. "First off I would like to thank God with out him I wouldn't be where I am now. Thank you to Seth, Troy and Timbaland for helping us create this hit. And most importantly thank you to the fans"

I look to Lauren "Anything you want to say?"

'Please say no, please say no' I mentally beg.

"Yes" she says and I hesitantly hand her the mic "Thank you guys so much, this song is very special to the both of us. So to win this means to world. Working with this woman right here has been a blessing, she's helped me so much. I love you baby" she says and I blush uncontrollably as the crowd screams.

'Okay this is good, nothing crazy so far'

"And zendaya..." She says looking over me to her once the crowd died down.

'Oh shit'

"It's JAUREGUI"

I shit my pants on the stage.

She released my waist and grabbed my hand and we walked off the stage waving and blowing kisses.

Once we reached back stage I looked at her "You are something else, you know that?"

She shrugs "She said my name wrong"

I ignore her response and hold up the award "We did it" I say smiling which she returns.

"Look how far we both came" she says and then kissed my cheek "Now it's just up to you to win the Artist to watch"

"Don't put too much pressure" I twist my lips.

"You're going to win" she says sharply.

"How do you know?"

"Because if you don't, you aren't getting any for a month" she shrugs walking off.

'My ass better win!' I think to myself even though I know she's bluffing. She'll cave in as soon as she sees my naked body. Well I could make her cave by just looking at her.

We made our way back to the audience and took our seats. They announce a few more winners and nick Jonas performed.

They arrived at the other category I was nominated for.

"Here to present the award for Artist To Watch Keke Palmer"

My nerves kick in again. I know I said I didn't care about winning but I did. This award would mean so much to me. It would let me know that I have fans who actually want music from me as a solo artist instead of with DNAC.

"And the nominees are..."

Kehlani

Bryson Tiller

Normani Kordei

Alessia Cara

Zendaya Coleman

'Really?!!!'

Lauren grabs on to my thigh trying to calm my nerves.

"And the winner is..
Normani Kordei!!!!!!"

I stand up and Lauren does right after me pulling me into a hug.

After we release I hint for her to come up with me but she waves me off smiling and mouths "This is your time"

I almost tear up right there. I give her a smile and a nod and my make way to the stage waving to the fans as they scream.

On my way up there a wave of something washes over me.. Guilt.

I don't care about the other nominees but for some reason I almost feel like I'm taking something from Zendaya. I hate that I was nominated against her.

I make it to the stage and grab my second award of the night and begin my speech "Wow guys this is amazing. I am so grateful for the fans for voting, it means the world to me. Thank you. This is shocking so many other people in this category were deserving of this" My eyes connect to Zendaya who's smiling.

There's a sudden hitch in my throat. Let me get off of this stage. "Um Thank you Thank you I can't say it enough" I say and blow a final kiss before leaving the stage.

//

The show was over. Lauren and Normani made their way to the van that waited for them. But instead of getting straight inside they mingled for a little bit with other celebrities.

Lauren entered the van but as Normani tried to enter she heard a voice.

"Hey.. Heyy" the girl said scooting towards Normani in her heels, trying to catch her before she climbed in.

Normani turned and smiled "Hey"

She wasn't even looking at Lauren but she felt her eyes beaming, piercing through her soul.

"Heyy" Zendaya said once again, giving Normani a content smile "I saw you getting in the car I just wanted to say goodbye"

"Well.. bye Zendaya" Normani said quietly and tried to get in the car.

"Wait! Um can I talk to you for a second"

At this point Lauren was in the car tired of holding her tongue "Come on babe! It's time to go.."

Normani glanced at Zendaya before looking inside the car to Lauren "

"Hey um.. Just go ahead. I'll get a car to drive me to you're place after"

"Are you serious right now Normani?" Lauren grunted.

Normani leaned into the car "I'll be at your place, just give me a minute"

"You know what go ahead, don't bother coming to my place after. I'm not letting you in" the Latina hissed through her teeth.

The brown girl reached to grab Laurens cheek and pulled her in for a passionate kiss "You'll let me in" she said smirking once they released.

Zendaya stood gagging in the background.

Lauren couldn't resist Normani, she'd miss her too much "Don't take too long" she said biting her lip playfully causing Normani to chuckle.

"Okay baby" she said shutting the door and the car pulled off.

Normani's POV:

Once I turned back around Zendaya stood there with a grin spread across her face "Woah you blew your girlfriend off for me, I'm flattered"

I didn't find the joke funny. This was strange to her. Why after all of this time does she want to talk to me now?

"Zendaya why all of a sudden.. after all this time?"

"Can we go sit and talk somewhere or something... Like- we could sit in the car that's waiting for me, I could get it to drop you off to her house" she responds sounding nervous the entire time. I couldn't blame her I was nervous too.

I nod, this wasn't a bad idea. At least I wouldn't have to call for a ride. I nod big rob off, telling him I was okay and we both made our way. Being followed by her security guard of course.

She reached to grab my hand to help me in the car and I felt a feeling that even years ago I never got used to feeling. Her skin against mine.

Now we're both all the way in and the doors are shut. But after I give the address to the driver there's a silence radiating through the car.

"So?" I speak breaking the silence.

She blinks hard and turns her attention to me "I just.. Missed you okay?" She says as the car pulls off towards Laurens.

My stomach twisted at those words. I never thought I'd hear that come out of her mouth. I never even thought she would talk to me again.

"I never stopped missing you & I saw on the red carpet in person for the first time in three years and I had to say something"

I still don't speak, instead my mind is running 1000 mph trying to gather my thoughts.

"I'm sorry.." She mutters.

"What are you sorry for?" I finally talk.

"For ignoring you all these years.. But that's what I do when I'm afraid. I push people away and I pushed you away" she frowns.

"No Zendaya, I left you" I drop my head in disappointment. This conversation was getting way too emotional.

She picks my head up by my chin "But look at what happened when you left. Look where you are, you're a star.. We were in love when you left but I shouldn't have been so selfish to want you to stay. I should've came with you"

My eyes widen at her words.

"Hell im here in LA with you anyway. I did the same damn thing you did, just one and a half years later" she chuckles and her hand finally slides off of my chin.

She's right, she left Texas just like I did. We're both now in Los Angeles building our careers.

"What are you saying all of this for?"

"I want to restart Normani. I want you in my life again"

I smile "I think I'd like that" I respond causing her to blush.

Her face is flushed "Well Normani would you do me the pleasure of giving me your number?"

A/N:

What it is people? 😌 vote and comment. Express your opinions. Make me laugh 😂

And don't hate me btw but Zenmani😜

Do you think Mani should have told Lauren? Or no because Lauren would've flipped the fuck out.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

95K 4K 58
Lauren and Normani have a history. They dated but because of Lauren's ways, Normani broke it off. Lauren never really changed over time but when a ne...
61.3K 3K 26
A beautiful dancer and actress struggles with her career and long-term relationship until a visitor comes.
29K 1.4K 21
Lauren's life has never been easy. Growing up with an alcoholic mother and a drug addict as a step father she had to learn how to be tough, even thou...
55.5K 2.8K 37
Normani and Lauren were childhood friends and they split up from the outcome of suddenly going to different colleges. They meet again now that they'r...