A Spiders Web * Under constru...

By dreame07

Nishelle Palmer is not your average teen girl. Facing Life threats, changes each day, and having to hide dark... More

A Spiders Web- Prelude
Chapter 2- Friend in Need
Chapter 4- New beginnings
Chapter 5-Something's Lurking..
Chapter 6-Truth's Revealed..
Chapter 7- To BE or NOT to be
Chapter 8- Things Change..
Chapter 9- A Second Chance?
Chapter 10 -When Fires Blaze.....Things Glue
Chapter 11-The Weekend
Chapter 12-Let The Games Begin..
Chapter 13-Keeping It On The Low..
Chapter 14- Accomplice
Chapter 15- Losing Focus
Chapter 16- News
Chapter 17- The Unexpected
Chapter 18-The Best Revenge is...
Chapter 19-Insecurities
Chapter 20- When Things Become A Mystery
Chapter 21- When Things Go Up
Chapter 22- Heart's Moved
chapter 23- Plans And Secrets
Chapter 24- Graduation
Chapter 25-The Wrong Things To Say
Chapter 26-The Run In
Chapter 27- Unexpected Deliveries
Chapter 29-The Aftermath
Chapter 30-Emotional Ties

Chapter 3-Good Day Gone bad...Again

8.3K 196 28
By dreame07

Chapter 3

Nishelle's P.O.V

The bell rung as we were conversing small talk.

"Up there goes the bell" I said, kind of mad we had to end our conversation.

"Yup back to classes", he said.

"I can't believe i just told you my dark secret...i don't know what it is that made me trust you like that and i don't even know you like that....i mean i see you in the halls..."

"I don't know what neither. All i tried to do was come into the library and get this book for my project and be out! i don't wanna be seen in here. But that needed to come out for you." He replied.

"yeah....well thank you for....everything" i said genuinely.

 I had really appreciated his company. I don't know where my mind would have went had he not showed up when he did. I was on the verge of something serious.

"you welcome....umm...wow we've been talking this whole time with no name."

"Nishelle..."

"My name is Cordell. I think you have class with my sister Cadence."

"Omg! thats your sister? she's my lab partner!....well now that i think of it you guys do look related." i said. I knew something was familiar, feature wise about him. They really look a like too.

Cordell laughed. "thats funny..."

"you guys almost look like.."

"alike? lol were twins"

"there we go....thats dope.."

"yeah, she's cool on some days He slightly laughed. so you ready to go back to class?..i can walk you..." he said gesturing for me to walk with him. 

This dude was a gentlemen and we never talked? I would have to make a mental note to talk to my girls about him. He seems too nice, and nice is definitely not something i'm used to. I was still conscious about the way i looked after all that crying i did in the library. 

"does my eyes still look puffy?" i asked him, and feeling on my face.

He looked at me.

"a little.."

"i can't go to class like this." There was no way i was about to walk into class so i could be looked at like i'm crazy. Not i!.

"what are you gonna do?" Cordell asked coming to a halt in the hallway and looking at me for direction.

"At this point i'm ready to go home....well actually i don't wanna be there....so i don't know...." .

I really did not wanna go home and be bothered by Katrell and his crazy antics. Knowing him and his lazy a** he's at home sitting on the couch watching ESPN, hands in his pants with his nasty self. I just wanted to be left alone. At least for a day if that.

"well i'm concerned for your well being not tryna put game on you or anything. "I have a car we can dip out if you don't want to stay.."

Was he really not tryna run game? i mean we just met, and although he seems like a cool dude i don't wanna put all my trust in him. Then again maybe I should give him a chance after the fact that I trusted him enough to know my dark secret.

"I can't let you miss your classes...." i said to him. I felt bad. If i say yes he would have to skip his classes.

The Bell rang.

"Well there goes the late bell so i'm already doomed." He said lightly laughing.

I weighed out the pros and cons in my head and then shrugged my shoulders. I'm taking this chance hell i need to get my mind off things.

"okay...lets go.."

______________________________

We walked into the school parking lot to his car and got in. Dang this whip is nice. and a Infiniti all black Q60 at that?. i love cars.

" Is this really your whip?" i had asked all intrigued.

Cordell laughed "yeah why you ask that?" He questioned driving off the lot of the school.

Okay maybe i shouldn't have said it like that but i was curious. i KNOW this whip cost money, especially how he had it decked. from my knowledge of cars this had to have been only 2 years old the most.

"cus......its like..."

"Listen i have a wealthy father." he quickly replied.

"Really? what does he do? he's not the boyfriend that died is he?...." i questioned.

"No...thank God. My Dad is in the entertainment business."

"Do you ever see him?"

"Sometimes....his way of not being there is buying me gifts...." he said nonchalant.

"cha....i wish..."

"wassup with your pops?"

"Died when i was 9......."

"Oh.....listen i'm sorry...." he said apologetic.

"boy you ain't know!"

"So where we going miss skip school" he said smirking while keeping his eyes on the road and driving to no avail.

"lol somewhere to get my mind off the Hell i have to face at 4:30 this afternoon..." I said my face turning from a smile to a frown quickly.

"thats the time you gotta be home?"

"yep. i said shaking my head. "Katrell's orders." I hate that man.

As if reading my mind and emotions he replied, "i'm starting to hate this dude......and i don't even know him."

Shoot he was on point with that one. Anyone hearing about him would hate him too. 

"We are on the same page" i said shrugging my shoulders just wanting to forget about my life at home for the moment. I put my head back on the head rest and replied.

" but whatever,  wisk me away......" looking out the window.

____________________________________________
Nyla's P.OV

As one of Nishelle's BEST friends and first of the three of us since elementary, you would think she would tell me whats been going on with her lately. She hasn't really been herself these past weeks and it was starting to make me wonder. When we were amongst each other she would sometimes on a tangent go off into a daze and then lets not even get on the eerie quietness she kept when we are out with all three of us together. When i would ask her if she is okay or if something is wrong she would simply wave it off as nothing or try to divert the conversation somewhere else. Knowing this girl for how long i've known her i knew enough to know something wasn't right and if not Jamyis or Brienn, i was for sure going to get to the bottom of it. We approached the end of the school day. Jamyis myself and Brienn where heading out of the school to head home.

"Where's Nishelle?" Jamyis noticed.

"Haven't seen her since lunch!" Brienn replied.

I pulled out my cell phone from my purse. " lemmie call her...."

Nishelle picked up the phone on the third going on fourth ring.

"hello?"

"where are you?" i said with a worried tone.

"Out with a friend... why?"

Since when was she hanging randomly with other people? and at that she couldn't disclose who?

"when did you leave school?" i questioned

"um...like 10 mins ago had to leave early to head to pick up Lindsey from school she's not feeling well..." she said rather quickly.

"oh....okay...".

"iight lata..." she replied rather quickly.

Did she just rush me off the phone though?....what the hell?

Jamyis snapping me out of my thought "what did she say?"

"that she left school early to pick up Lindsey from school she's not feeling well.." i said in an unbelieving tone, not even believing the trash she just told me. It sounded like a flat out lie. I think thats what made me even more mad.

"why do i get this feeling she's been lying all day." Brienn stated.

As we were walking out the school doors i saw Cadence, Nishelle's lab partner walking by. I decided to ask her if she has seen Nishelle i yell to catch her attention, "Cadence....!!" She stopped and walked to us.

"Hey wassup..." she said looking at all three of us stand there.

"was Nishelle in class today with you?" I asked.

"Nah, last i seen her, she was walking with my brother in the hallway..."

Oh really!? wow that was a shocker seeing she don't know Cordell like that. everyone knew cadence and Cordell. The flyest fraternal twins to ever grace Red Wood High. Everyone knew them and if you didn't you knew OF them. Simple.

"Oh really?" Jamyis replied flabbergasted.

"yes really...is there a problem?" Cadence asked puzzled.

"Nah just was looking for her. Thanks gurl." i said.

"no problem.." she said walking away.

"wow...why she play us like that?" Brienn said sounding hurt.

"i don't know she been acting strange lately..." i stated.

This girl was getting fishier by the minute. I promise you when i see her i'm not holding my tongue back........ enough is enough.

Cordell's P.O.V

Nishelle and i are in the car having a good time together, laughing and joking and just chillin listening to music. Im really taking to this girl she mad chill. I've never met a girl who loves the things i love and actually be real about it. Ive had so many chicks coming at me and pretending to have to same interest i do just to get closer to me because of my popularity and swag. I hate that fake sh*t. Just be real! But Nishelle.....she different......Theres something about her i cant put my finger on just yet. I planned to figure it out over the course of time if she allowed. Earlier I decided to treat her to a movie and a quick lunch. We were able to catch a movie just in time. Must have been luck on our side. We was back in my car laid back and conversing. I looked at my watch...D*mn.....its 4 already....

"man...its four"

"ughhhhh.... don't wanna go home.." she replied whining.

" i don't want you either. Aside from what you told me today has been great. Haven't enjoyed myself with a girl like this in a minute." I said truthfully. 

Another thing i noticed is i'm mad free around her its weird as hell!!!

" I enjoyed myself with you too....you made me forget about the crap i have to deal with at home, and no one has had that much effect on me.."

"well call me, you got my number now and i promise i will come get you and we will take it from there. I don't want you going through this again." I looked at her and her face grew weary.

"i'm scared to say anything to my mother she loves this man!"

That triggered anger in me. How could she care so much about her moms feelings when her mother was the main one that brought this a** hole in her life!!!! i interrupted her thought process.

"Nishelle!! are you crazy? do you not care about your life and well being? i don't get you women..." i said frustrated at this point.

" It's not that easy..." she said with her head down again. Man she is in bad shape with this situation. its killing her self esteem.

"i know its not but you want to let this man get away with murder and be happy with his life while you live in misery? he is abusing you and raping you..."

" i know..." she said tearing.

"you can do this" i said lifting her head by her chin. " do you want me to come home with you to talk to your moms?"

"nah..don't want to make it worse. but i will call you if anything pops off. i'm going to tell her alone."

"i'm one phone call away remember that.....i will have the goons out for that nigga if he touch you again real talk."

D*mn my hood just came out........

"so you a gangsta now?" she said looking at me framing a smirk on her face.

God she's beautiful....

I had to laugh to steer away from what I just thought mentally in my mind. " and you the first person i know that can break me from my seriousness...wow....but i'm serious!! i got your back from here on out."

and i meant that. No one was gonna mess with her again. I can't let it happen. She's too beautiful of a girl inside and out for her not to be protected.

"i'm so glad i met you today." she said randomly.

She had no idea i felt the same........What is she doing to me?

Nishelle P.O.V

I had just came from a great time with Cordell. He's so sweet i swear. I just hope he can live up to what all he said about being there for me. I had many dudes talk the talk, but when it came to action nothing showed. BIG LET DOWN......... I headed towards the house after getting out the car. Cordell just pulled off. I know i'm a minute late but would he really come to me about that? ugh......Back to REALITY.......I opened the door to see Katrell right where i knew he would be, sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette while my little sister sat on the floor watching tv. I walked in trying to go unnoticed.....EPIC FAIL...

"Your late...." he said turning his head looking dead at me.....

Sh*t........

"Katr...Daddy it was one min over. i Promise it wont happen again..." i said trying to walk to my room without confrontation.

By now he sat up and started walking towards me at a fast pace. "Who was that nigga dropping you off......"

D*mnit He saw me......smh. I stuttered, " a..aa..just a friend from school thats it.." This nigga had me scared sh*tless the way his 6'2 foot stature stood over me, and his brown eyes pierced my face, not taking an eye off me.

Then it happened......as if on quick reflex he grabbed me by my right arm real tight and started dragging me to my room causing me to drop my bag.

"Lindsey stay put....DONT MOVE!" he said sternly with weight.

He pulled me into my room, shut the door and banged me against the wall with force.

"So you f*cking somebody aside from me!!!! is that it??!!!! I own you!!! " he said slapping me to the floor.

"Katrell Stop!!! Im not Messing with him i just met him today!" i yelled holding my face.

He then pulled me, picked me up and pushed me on the bed getting ready to topple me. This cannot be happening to me again. I cant even call Cordell my phone is outside of my room smh. As if she heard my silent cry lindsey knocked on the door.

"Daddy?! i want more juice!!!!" she yelled from the other side.

"Sh*t" he said just below a whisper...."One second go back and watch cartoons like i told you baby" he talked with a soft tone. Why couldn't he talk to me that way?

By then i had tears flowing from my eyes afraid of what this man was about to pull off with me now. What did i ever do wrong to this man? Feels like no one can hear my cries.....I wish now i would have taken Cordell's advice. Too late for that now.

Katrell looked back at me.

"Tha f*ck you crying for? quit with that it's a turn off!" he says now beginning to unbutton his pants.........

Why me.............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Nicole By Minahil

Mystery / Thriller

4.7K 116 26
My mother had kept secrets from me for as long as I could remember. Never answering anything I asked about my father, my siblings or why they weren't...
465 39 55
Ruby Dominguez knew all about how her father treated her mother. If she stepped in to help, she would get the same treatment. They couldn't leave. Th...
14.4K 567 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
Broken Angel By Jess

Teen Fiction

1.1K 82 18
Have you ever had a secret? That you couldn't tell anyone? Ryvre Storm has a huge secret which she doesn't understand herself. She lives with her ado...