Adoptive Daddy

By lovelynerdyathlete97

"You have a couple options here, abort, adopt, or keep the baby." I mentally scoffed at how inconsiderate the... More

Adoptive Daddy**
Chapter 2**
Chapter 3**
Chapter 4**
Chapter 5**
Chapter 6**
Chapter 7**
Chapter 8**
Chapter 9**
Chapter 11**
Chapter 12**
Chapter 13**
Chapter 14**
Chapter 15**
Chapter 16**
Chapter 17**
Chapter 18**
Chapter 19**
Not a Chapter
Chapter 20**
Chapter 21**
Chapter 22**
Chapter 23**
Chapter 24**
Chapter 25**
Chapter 26**
Chapter 27**
Chapter 28**
Chapter 29
Epilogue**
Please Read
Author's Note

Chapter 10**

29.3K 808 35
By lovelynerdyathlete97

I hadn't left the hospital. 3 days later and I was still biting my nails in worry. The doctors lifted the coma yesterday, but it was all u to his body of when he actually woke up. Gabe has been my saving grace through it all. He's brought me clothes, food, and somehow he managed to get me a bed to sleep in.

Probably paid a lot of money for it.

The same nurse who I'd been seeing for the last 3 days passed me to walk to Michael's room. "Excuse me miss, how is he?" I'm sure I looked a worried mess, but I couldn't help it. I missed Michael and I really just wanted to apologize to him.

The nurse gave me a pitied look and she sighed. "I'll tell you what, why don't you come to his room with me?" I perked up and jumped up as fast as my big belly would let me. "How far along are you?"

"5 months." I said smiling down at my belly. My little one was the only topic that could make me smile for the past 3 days.

"Congrats." We walked silently to Michael's room and I chocked up on tears when I saw him. He was covered in wires and his face was still badly bruised.

After his surgery, the doctor told us that his injuries from the actual accident were 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, both his legs broke, and his elbow was shattered.

"Oh Michael." I collapsed in the chair next to him and grabbed his healthy hand. "This is my fault, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything I said in the office. I love you so much. We love you so much." I said emphasizing the word we. My baby kicked and I jumped up and laid his hand on baby's foot.

"See, he knows his daddy." I remembered he wanted a boy. Michael's heartbeat picked up and his breathing quickened quickly, but then it went back to its normal slow pace. I looked back at the nurse wide eyed and she gave me the same look.

"I'll go get the doctor." 5 minutes later, she was back with the doctor who was giving me a disapproving look.

"Well Ms. Lawrence, you are not supposed to be back here, but you seem to evoke change in Michael's readings and those are very important in his recovery. This is highly unethical, but I'm allowing you to stay in his room from now on."

I began to cry happy tears and I thanked the doctor numerous times. The guilt is eating me up alive and being a part of his recovery is the least I can do. "Michael, can you wake up for me, please. We miss you so much. I just want to see your gorgeous eyes again. Even if you can't forgive me, just wake up." I whispered to him even though the room was empty.

There was something more intimate about it. "What are you doing here?" I turned around and glared at Ashley. She was the cause of all this. She should've accepted that he didn't want her.

"The doctors let me in." I answered coldly. She deserved no response from me.

"Well, I don't want you in here. The doctors will talk." I turned around with an incredulous face on and looked at her.

"I don't care what the doctors say. I'm here because I love Michael." Her eyes widened and I don't think she expected me to bluntly admit it.

"You what?"

"I love Michael Francisco Tucker. I love him with all my heart." Ashley's eyes narrowed.

"You need to go." Her voice had deepened and held an underlying sense of a threat.

"No. What are you going to do? Hit me? I'm 5 months pregnant and I'm sure the doctors wouldn't appreciate that." Before she could keep talking, my phone rang and I answered it, ignoring her.

"Hello?"

"Hey Boo bear, how's boss guy?" I smiled.

"He's still not awake, but he's responding. His heart rate and breathing are spiking some."

"That's good. Tell the boss I said hello. Oh! And I'll tell Gabby the results." I raised an eye brow, but didn't comment. Apparently, Blaise and Gabe had been spending a lot of time together and I couldn't help imagining if they liked each other.

I mean, was Gabe or Blaise even gay? I never bothered to ask.

I hung up after saying bye and continued to ignore Ashley. "Blaise said hi and said he'd tell Gabe how you're doing. Do you think they have a thing going? I mean, are either one of them gay?"

I could picture Michael smirking at me and shrugging his shoulders. He'd lean over and kiss my forehead then say to leave it alone because I was acting like the Mystery Gang from Scooby Doo.

Sure, it was random, but I still loved him for it.

"Do you mind giving me alone time with my husband?" I rolled my eyes at Ashley and kept my mouth shut, because I definitely wanted to say no to her question.

"I'll be back, Mikey." I kissed his hand and left the room to go to the food court. I noticed the same nurse and walked over to her. "Hello miss, do you mind if I sit with you? You're the only familiar face."

"No problem, miss. What's your name? I'm Melissa." She held out her hand for me to shake.

"Hi Melissa, I'm Micah."  

"Such a pretty name."

"Thank you." I sat down in the empty chair and started picking at my tuna sandwich.

"So, your child is Michael's child?" I smiled faintly.

"I wish. Michael was basically going to be the adoptive father for my baby. I'm just happy he even considered it."

"Might I ask why?"

"I'm pregnant because of a rape." She gasped and her eyes widened. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine and now I have the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"You're a very strong woman. Not many would think of it the way you do." She stared at me in awe.

"I've also noticed the extreme tension between you and the wife." I shifted in my chair and I'm sure my face was the epitome of discomfort. "You don't have to answer that." I shook my head.

"Well before his accident, Michael and I were having an argument about him and his wife. He was supposed to be leaving her, but I guess he second guessed himself. I said some hurtful things and well, here we are."

"Wow." That was all she said and that's all that was needed.

"Well I think I'll head back now. It was nice talking to you Melissa."

"Same here, I'm sure I'll be seeing you." I got up and walked back to the room, antsy to see Michael. He wasn't awake, but his face still caused a sense of peace in my life.

"She needs to go Michael. She trying to tear us apart. We can move on and make a family when you get rid of that whore."

No response.

I opened the door and smiled at Ashley. "Well it seems he had no response to that. Maybe Michael doesn't want this whore gone." I said emphasizing whore. I didn't care anymore.

 This meant war, because I damn sure am going to fight for Michael.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Micah will fight for him!!! What do you guys think??

Picture of Melissa on the side :)

I hope you enjoyed!

Vote! Comment! Fan me!!

Love you guys! :P and Happy Friday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 612 14
Each chapter has something new, each chapter has a different problem and each chapter has a different time period and these chapters belong to Nathan...
143K 4K 44
She closed her eyes as the wind blew against her ever so beautifully. It swept her hair off her shoulders as the glowing sunset highlighted her featu...
32K 567 15
after the timeline was reset and the killing of the other monarchs Jinwoo thought he can rest but no a portal come out of not where and sucks him int...
15.8K 462 5
Jungkook - Top🔥 Taehyung - bottom💢 #TAEKOOK🔞