The War of The Magi : Book One

Klpizzillo tarafından

Eighteen years have passed since the downfall of Itod. Magi roam the land terrorizing the people and setting... Daha Fazla

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight (NOTE: Mature Content)
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five

Chapter Sixty Seven

11 1 1
Klpizzillo tarafından

Senea grasped onto the reins, trying to steer with all of her might. Cobalt pressed on though, eyes wide as he galloped on. "Cobalt! Turn!" she demanded out. She clutched her thighs as tight as she could and Cobalt, instead of stopping, reared back.

Senea screeched and slipped off the saddle. Her feet dislodged from the stirrups and she landed flat on her back. She heard the popping sound of her spine and tossed her head to the side. Cobalt's feet landed with a loud thud, his head shaking back and forth, black hair wild.

She sat up, grimacing as she felt her back realign. "Easy, there!" she heard a voice call out. Cobalt whinnied again, backing away from the group of men and women who came rushing towards them.

She had made it. Her eyes widened as they came closer to her and she stood up in a jolt. "Miss? Are you -"

"Magnar! He needs help, now!"

A man pushed passed the group of them and Senea recognized who he was. She reached for his arms and tugged on him with a dire need. "Your gr - my lady! Where is the commander?"

"Magi!" she breathed out, tugging him once more.

He pulled his arms back, his body turning as he looked at his troop. "You heard her. Have a squire send a hawk to the Lord Commander. "You," he said with a strict point, "gather the bowmen."

Senea sped off back down the path, her legs burning as she ran. She heard the commotion behind her but could not bare to wait anymore. Praying to Ral, she pleaded for Magnar to simply hold on.

Further away from the First Sigil, Magnar howled in agony as he swung his sword at another Draithe, the one behind him snaking its tendril like fingers along his free arm. He could feel every line of pain as it shot up his arm through his veins.

"The harder you fight, the worse the pain is."

Magnar grimaced and spun, thrusting the blade into the black being. He could feel every spot they had touch begin to cake with infestation. He slumped down onto his knees, death tickling at his neck. He turned and stabbed another Draithe, slicing the blade out of it's side.

Ylva stood there as she wiped her hand, glowering at him. "They will keep coming until you die. Then, they will kill everyone else in the vicinity. Quite possibly that woman who you are so inclined to protect."

He stood with the last of his strength, staggering and swaying as he held out his blade. Three more creatures appeared from the pit in the ground, the wind howling in agony. "Not as long as I draw breath."

"This is boring," Ylva said, exhaling as she took a step closer to him. "Tell me what her powers really are."

"You know what they are. You know what she is!"

Ylva blinked and twisted her hand up, the flames in the forest growing. "And you know that I need to see it."

Magnar spat at her, his sword swinging violently at another Draithe. "So you can tell the Prophet. Your sister would have never wanted -"

She whipped her hand at him, the fire dancing in her eyes. "Kill him. I'm sick of this. I'll get the girl myself."

The three Draithes appeared behind him, two of them grappling onto his arms. He bellowed out, shaking his entire body in protest. No longer having the strength, the sword clattered to the ground. The other Draithe slipped in front of him, the mouth widening. Wisps of black smoke began to twist from it's innards and Magnar recoiled back, feeling his arms become completely numb.

He was comforted in the single fact that Senea would be taken back to Orriel. That she would be safe. That she wouldn't have to witness this kind of suffering.

"Magnar!"

He felt the hot sensation of tears cascading down his cheeks.

Ylva took a step forward, grinning like a wild animal who trapped its prey.

That grin disappeared the moment Senea flicked her own hand up, fire dancing against her fingertips. She shot out darts of fire, each one finding a home into a different Draithe. They squealed out, their voices echoing and ringing. The three that had Magnar released him before making an attempt at fleeing, and he crumpled to the ground, his cries of agony cascading with their screams of death.

"Fire!" she cried.

Arrows went whistling over and past Senea. Ylva held up her hands, a barrier of air stopping them from embedding her.

Senea rushed towards Magnar, the boots of the army behind her in the distance. Ylva lowered her arms, watching as each metal arrowhead looked directly at her. She stepped back, losing concentration and power. The arrows all tumbled from suspension, clattering against the ground.

"Magnar, listen to me." Ylva heard the love in Senea's voice as she began clutching the man. "Wake up, open your eyes. Damnit! Please!"

"Why did you come back?" he coughed out, groaning as he turned in her arms. "Get out of here."

"Magnar, please. Please open your eyes."

"I can't feel anything. I can't move. You need to go!"

"No!"

Ylva took another step back. He wasn't dead? Was that relief? Joy? Twisted, sick, joy that the man who hurt her sister so much was still alive?

Senea rested Magnar down against the wet leaves, her tears a waterfall from her eyes. "Magnar, I'm sorry. I can't let you die."

The shorter woman widened her eyes as she watched violet twirl from Senea's hands. It was true. Witnessing it so close, watching as the mist encircled Magnar, was a magnificent sight. Magnar coughed and groaned, tossed and turned. Senea hummed out a quiet sound, stroking the man's face. The scars of the Draithes, the black welts all along his skin, began to recede.

The notching of arrows broke her gaze from the intimate scene and Ylva turned her head up once more. "Aim!" a voice called out over the silence.

Ylva's face contorted into anger as she stuck out her hand out, vines winding up from the ground in a thick barrier. The 'thwack' sound echoed as the arrows were loose and struck the vines.

Senea broke her concentration, her head twisting towards the other woman. Ylva panted and wiped her brow. They sized each other, Senea standing in a slow motion. "You have a bit of an advantage here. I've been using magic all night."

Senea swallowed down as she watched the vines wrap around the road, walls enclosing them. She heard the men behind her scramble, fighting their way through the forest to find some form of an opening. "Then why fight?"

Behind Ylva, another wall formed and they were trapped completely. "I'll die if I don't."

Senea stood fully, her hands balled, her head shaking. "I don't want to fight you."

Ylva bit her tongue and lashed her hand out, a bolt of fire striking in Senea's direction. Senea held her hand up, catching the flame in her palm and squeezed it shut. "Fight me!" Ylva yelled with another flick of her wrist.

Vines twisted and turned against Senea's legs.

"Why? What is the point to all of this?" Senea took a step, the vines breaking as she moved. "You know you can't kill me."

Senea closed the gap between her and Ylva. "No. But I can knock you out!"

"Why! What have I done to you?"

Stones twisted and turned on Ylva's fist and she threw a punch with all of her weight. Senea raised her arms, the stones fading away before they struck her. Another punch was thrown, this time against her stomach. Senea leaned against Ylva, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Fight me!"

Senea felt the energy build up on her hand and she shoved Ylva back, the fire erupting on her robes. Ylva yelled, her hands moving up as she patted the fire out. "What is the point!"

"Survival. I'll live if I take you to him."

Senea shook her head, her fingers pressing against her stomach. "I won't go with you. You're a good person! I can see it! I saw it the day we met!"

Senea reached her hand out and took a strong hold onto Ylva's.

The burning sensation of her marks sent sparks up Senea's arms. Ylva had never felt anything so powerful before. She clamped her eyes shut as the distant sound of thunder roared.

Ylva gripped onto Senea's hand, closing her eyes. "And now he knows."

Ylva looked down when she felt a cool wave of energy surround her body. The violet mist that had been around Magnar was now coiling its way up and around her. She froze as the scars that were embedded on her hand began to heal. She could feel the darkness and hatred and vileness be pulled out of her body.

When she looked at Senea, her eyes closed and face concentrating, a shockwave of sympathy poured from the recesses of Ylva's mind. She felt weak, scared, and worse than anything, loved. Senea opened her mouth to speak, but no words could come out. Instead she gripped Ylva's hand more and fell to the ground, hunched over.

Ylva leapt back, her hand released, and stared at the palms of her hands. No scars. No mark. No eye pressing into her mind for information.

The vines began deteriorating, the sounds of the guard outside the makeshift walls becoming restless. She eyed down at Senea and went to speak.

Magnar tackled her against the ground, all air blown out of her lungs as she fell. "What did you do to her!" he screamed at her face.

She squirmed under him, his grip on her wrists tight. " -thing!"

"What did you do!"

She took another struggling breath and Magnar stood up off of her, pulling her up and tossing her to the ground away from them. He stalked over to her and Ylva scrambled back. Dirt and leaves scattered as the wall disappeared.

She heard the notching of arrows. Magnar bent at the waist and lifted his sword. "Kill -"

"No!"

Senea lifted herself up, her breath caught in her throat as she coughed. Magnar rushed to her side, his sword dropping, and he clutched onto her arms to hold her steady. "Senea, she -"

Ylva's eyes widened once more. Senea looked at Magnar, her mouth moving as she spoke only to him. He gripped her tighter, shaking his head as she spoke. Senea's face tightened, her voice rising to more than a whisper. "You will not!"

Magnar drew in his lips, turning to look at the archers who awaited their orders. "Cuff her. Take her to the dungeon cell."

"Commander?"

"By order of the Queen to be, do as I command."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

527K 17.1K 157
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...
90M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
425K 17.7K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
832K 29K 103
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...