But, you're pretty fucking do...

By yojauregui

"I mean, everyone always hears about my sexuality and then they stay away from me. So why don't you?" "Lauren... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r

t h r e e

14.4K 421 283
By yojauregui

It was currently lunch time and the four girls, Normani, Ally, Camila and Dinah, were all sitting around a circular shaped table in the cafeteria.

For Camila and Dinah, their first day was going smoothly. Period one had been maths, which was pretty boring to say the least. Period two was history, which Camila took an instant liking to but Dinah, on the other hand, did not. Period three, biology, and period four, Spanish. Of course, Camila aced Spanish and had no problem at all with it so for most of that lesson, she was trying to teach Dinah simple words such as 'hello' and 'goodbye'.

It only resulted in the younger Polynesian girl getting a headache and sitting back for the rest of the lesson.

Typical Dinah.

Camila had actually been in a positive mindset for once but, there was still one small thing invading her mind every so often.

And that's was none other than the tattooed girl, Lauren.

Since Homeroom, Camila had no idea where Lauren had headed off to. She was in no lessons with the girl and she hadn't seen her since this morning, but that didn't stop Camila's wandering thoughts. Lauren hadn't left the younger girls mind since the morning.

In all honesty, she felt quite scared and intimidated when it came to Lauren, especially since the raven haired girl had noticed her obliviously staring beforehand. Thats not a good way to 'introduce' yourself.

"Hmm," Normani hummed as she bit into her chicken burger that she had bought from the cafeteria. She swallowed the mouthful thickly before then making eye contact with Dinah from across the table, who laughed silently at the other girls actions.

"So..." The darker girl began, wiping her mouth and winking playfully at the Polynesian, "how is your first day at Miami High going so far?" She asked, informing both, Camila and Dinah who were sat opposite Ally and herself, on the other side of the table.

Dinah shot a quick glance at Camila beside her, who seemed to be totally engrossed in her own thoughts. What on earth was going through that girls head? She seemed so out of it. She hadn't even acknowledged any of them all lunch.

The caramel haired girl sighed. "It's actually going quite well." She spoke, turning her head back to look at the two older girls and leaving Camila in her own world. "I'm surprised honestly." She laughed.

Dinah was referring to both of their experiences of the new school, not just her own. She knew that Camila didn't mind this school, otherwise she wouldn't stop pestering the younger girl about it. So, that's a good thing that she was seemingly enjoying her experience here so far.

"That's great!" Ally commented enthusiastically, making Normani jump slightly at her suddenness and drop her chicken burger from her hands, onto her tray below her. A look of distress washed over the younger girls face as she stared down at the now messy and helpless burger sprawled out in front of her.

But it only took her a few seconds before she just casually brushed it off and began to pick it up ever so carefully and eat it again, almost like nothing had even happened in the first place, a content look on her features.

"What about you Mila?" The small Latina girl asked, ignoring Normani's dramatic scene beside her and looking directly in front of her to the girl who was dreamily staring off into the distance, her head resting on the palm of her hand.

All three girls now averted their attention to the brunette who still hadn't noticed that she had been informed by Ally.

Dinah waited a few seconds before she just rolled her eyes in annoyance, "do you guys mind if I just talk to her for a moment?"

Normani and Ally shook their heads, giggling slightly but letting Dinah know that they didn't mind at all. Dinah just laughed awkwardly in response to the two other girls.

She sensed that there was something clearly different about her best friend right now, so that was her priority.

Swiftly standing up and leaving her plate where it was, Dinah grabbed Camila's free hand, that was placed beside her on the seat, and forcefully yanked the brunette upwards, immediently snapping the young girl out of her trance and almost breaking her arm in the process.

"Shit!" Camila yelled as she was thrown into the air by her best friend. Acting quickly, the small brunette had to tuck her legs into her chest to avoid her knees from hitting the table above her. Dinah quickly interlocked their fingers together, to stop Camila from tripping over, and when the smaller girls body crashed into the taller girls body, the Polynesian had to wrap her arm around Camila to balance her. It look like they were about to go slow dancing together.

When the older girl realised what had just happened, she pushed Dinah off her body forcefully, making sure that the attention was drawn from the pair of them.

"What did you do that for?" Camila panted, out of breath as Dinah had just literally scared the shit out of her.

The smaller girl looked around the cafeteria, her face growing redder by the minute as she noticed that a few people were staring at her with confused looks upon their faces. She just smiled awkwardly at them.

"We need to talk." Dinah stated calmly but by the tone that she was using, Camila could tell that she was being serious.

"Fine." Camila nodded briefly towards her best friend before gazing back at Normani and Ally who looked as though they had just been laughing. She sighed and gave them an embarrassed, apologetic smile.

She was such an embarrassment. She was too busy thinking about Lauren to even acknowledge her best friend, Dinah and her two new friends, Normani and Ally.

She shouldn't mess this one up, she should try and make friends, she shouldn't let someone like Lauren into her mind. She looked likes a though she was bad news anyway.

Never again, Camila.

Never again.

"Can we talk outside of the cafeteria?" Camila suggested, meeting Dinah's eyes hesitantly as the taller girl nodded softly in answer.

The two best friends quickly made their way out of the cafeteria, avoiding some odd looks that were thrown their way every so often.

Dinah stopped dead in her tracks once the two were outside of the cafeteria doors, "What the hell is on your mind?" She grabbed Camila's wrist and pulled her backwards, stopping the brunette from walking and made her turn around instantly.

As soon as their eyes met, Dinah noticed hints of guilt evident in Camila's. Something was obviously wrong.

"Camila?" Dinah softened her tone but Camila stayed frozen to the spot, not saying a word.

"What is it Mila?" Dinah exhaled, slightly worried, but in a way, annoyed.

"Or should I ask, who is it?"

Camila tensed. "What are you talking about?" The brunette questioned, her heart rate speeding up as she knew right well who was invading her mind.

"So it is someone then?" Dinah tested, raising an eyebrow, "now I know."

"What? No. It's not anyone." Camila tried to protest, loosening her body language and using her right hand to tuck her hair behind her right ear.

Her nervous habit.

Dinah squinted her eyes knowingly. "Is it Francisco?"

Ew. No. What the fuck. Why would someone even think that low of their best friend?

"No fucking way! He's disgusting and not to mention, a total fuck boy!" Camila exclaimed a little louder than before. She would never get involved in someone like him, even if he was pretty good looking.

"Okay, fine. Is it Alex?" Dinah asked quickly, almost like she was interrogating the smaller girl in front of her.

Camila found herself getting angrier and angrier by the second. Dinah was naming all of the fuck boys, is that really what she thought of her best friend? Whatever.

"No Dinah. I don't like fuck boys okay? And I honestly couldn't even give a shit if they're quite hot. They've got an ugly personality and all they want is a quick fuck, whether it be in a gentlemanly manner or not." The older girl shook her head, disappointed and upset in her best friends thoughts.

"Relax! I'm only asking!" Dinah defended herself, falling back against the wall behind her, making herself more comfortable.

She waited a few seconds for the Cuban girl to calm her feisty attitude before she then continued to ask her questions. "Is it Shawn? He seemed like someone who you were interested in. During Homeroom I mean, you were looking at him for a bit."

"No." Camila gave a straight up and sudden answer, it was really a no brainer. No offence.

"I've got nothing bad to say about him but he is just 100% not my type."

Dinah sniggered sarcastically, Camila was so hard to understand. She didn't understand why the older girl wouldn't just tell her what was on her mind. "You're so difficult, you know that?"

Camila frowned instantly, taking that comment a little too personal, "Why Dinah?" The brunette ran a frustrated hand through her dark locks and moved forwards, closer to her friend. "Is it cause you're asking me who I'm interested in when I might not even be interested in anyone?! Interrogating me for no reason? Jesus, I'm meant to be your best friend! You're meant to- you're.. meant.. to- to..." Camila's words slowed down as she didn't actually remember what she was saying anymore or what the hell her point was. Her breathing became heavier and she had completely lost her train of thought, all because she saw someone very familiar walk past in the corner of her eye.

Camila quickly glanced to her left just in time to see the attractive girl walk past, her hair messy over one side of her head, unfortunately blocking out her pure and beautiful face from Camila's view.

Lauren Jauregui.

Lauren had just passed by in a matter of seconds but it captured the brunettes attention straight away. It was the first glimpse that Camila had gotten of the other girl since Homeroom and... it wasn't exactly the best time right now to see her for the second time today. She just had to walk past when Camila was ranting to Dinah about not being interested in anyone.

Fuck.

Hopefully Dinah hadn't noticed how much Camila's eyes had widened as her head had followed the girls body when she briefly walked past.

But of course, Dinah being Dinah, she had noticed. As usual, she didn't miss a fucking trick.

"You did not just check her out!" Dinah's jaw dropped, her eyes fully locked on Camila the whole time.

When Camila's face began to heat up and go a light shade of pink, Dinah grabbed hold of the smaller girls shoulders and began to shake her viciously.

"No way!" The Polynesian shouted in Camila's face as she continued to grasp the smaller one.

"Dinah you're hurting me!" Camila pushed herself backwards and managed to wiggle free from her best friends death grasp.

"You like Laura?!" Dinah's voice was high but with slight surprise and questioning. It kinda sounded like what she was saying herself was stupid, like Camila wouldn't ever want to fall for a girl like Lauren.

Like Lauren wasn't someone to get involved with...

Dinah's question grabbed Camila's attention for two different reasons but at the same time, it made her heart beat rapidly in her chest.

The brunette furrowed her eyebrows. "Laura? Who the fuck is Laura? It's Lauren." Camila blurted out, almost instantly regretting the fact that she had just corrected her best friend on the tattooed girls name.

She probably sounded so over protective right now.

Dinah laughed loudly at Camila's defensiveness, "Ouu already correcting me. Damn girl you must be whipped."

Camila slapped the taller girls arm in annoyance, "Shut up. Just cause I corrected you on her name, does not mean I like the girl." She rolled her eyes.

The Polynesian raised her eyebrows at her best friend, looking at her as if she had four heads or something. What a stupid comment to make.

"No Camila, you're right. Just because you corrected me on her name, it doesn't mean that you like her. But the fact that you just blatantly stared at her as she walked past over there, you basically checked out her whole body, I've never seen you look at anyone like that before. Oh, and the way that she made you forget what you were saying in the middle of a sentence... That's how I know that you like her." Dinah said, watching the smaller girls face grow redder with each word that came out of her mouth. Camila didn't know where too look, it was just kinda embarrassing.

When Dinah had finished her observation, Camila shook her head repeatedly. It was almost like she was trying to convince herself that she did not like Lauren, more than she was trying to convince Dinah...

"Look. I've never even spoke to the girl before... For all I know she could be a total bitch." Camila stated, as casually as she could but really, in her head, she was somewhat praying that Lauren did not turn out to be a bitch.

Or even worse... Turn out to be another Austin.

Dinah lifted Camila's chin up to gaze into her chocolate brown orbs. When both of their eyes met, Camila flicking her gaze back and forth from each of Dinah's eyes, a soft smile spread on the two best friends lips.

"Well whatever. Whatever is going on in your mind, goes on in your mind. But as long as you tell me things from time to time and you aren't constantly daydreaming when me or another else is trying to speak to you... Then fine by me." Dinah smiled widely as Camila simultaneously wrapped both of her arms around the taller girls neck and jumped on her gratefully. Dinah had to quickly hold onto Camila's limp body as she just let her small figure dangle loosely around her neck.

"Let's get back to Naomi and Ally now." Camila announced when they had both pulled away from the hug.

"You mean Normani?" Dinah corrected the smaller girl in front of her... Who was wearing a cocky little smirk. That little...

Well played.

"HA!" The brunette pointed right at Dinah's face, her mouth wide open. "Got you!" Camila cheered, pushing Dinah backwards, giving her a head start as she sped off down the corridor, trying to find her way back into the cafeteria. "YOU MUST LIKE NORMANI!" She mocked in 'Dinah's tone'.

She was out of sight now, all Dinah could hear was Camila's loud voice bouncing off the corridor walls, echoing.

The Polynesian, who happened to be stood right next to the cafeteria doors all along, was laughing her ass off at Camila's dorkiness.

The doors had been right next to them this whole time and Camila had ran off, oblivious to where they were. She probably forgot.

"Okay Mila. But when you're ready I'll be in the cafeteria!" Dinah laughed, waiting a few seconds before she saw Camila's small figure reappear slowly from behind a wall down at the end of the corridor. As she slowly padded her way back down the corridor towards Dinah once again, her shoulders were slumped over in a position which meant that she had been defeated.

Sniggering, the caramel haired girl watched her best friend as they finally came close again. "I-" Dinah began but before she could finish her sentence, Camila's hand threw over her mouth, silencing her.

"Shut up. I'm an idiot I know." The brunette sighed, throwing open the cafeteria doors in front of them and made her way inside, with her hand still over Dinah's mouth, guiding her inside as well.

-

What do you think so far? :)

I have loads of ideas for this story but it'll take me a while to get it going but then it will get better!

I'm curious - who's your favourite character in this fic? (so far obviously)

Also, do you think Lauren's going to be a bitch or nah?

Ps... Camila and Lauren meet and actually talk in the next chapter ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 861 40
I have questioned my sexuality since day first but I am really certain that I am going to marry my boyfriend, Ty. He was basically my everything. But...
3.7K 172 18
2.3M 69.9K 45
Thank you for reading :)
61.9K 2.5K 16
Normani has spent her whole life avoiding Dinah Jane. But has she really been doing herself a favor?