t h r e e

It was currently lunch time and the four girls, Normani, Ally, Camila and Dinah, were all sitting around a circular shaped table in the cafeteria.

For Camila and Dinah, their first day was going smoothly. Period one had been maths, which was pretty boring to say the least. Period two was history, which Camila took an instant liking to but Dinah, on the other hand, did not. Period three, biology, and period four, Spanish. Of course, Camila aced Spanish and had no problem at all with it so for most of that lesson, she was trying to teach Dinah simple words such as 'hello' and 'goodbye'.

It only resulted in the younger Polynesian girl getting a headache and sitting back for the rest of the lesson.

Typical Dinah.

Camila had actually been in a positive mindset for once but, there was still one small thing invading her mind every so often.

And that's was none other than the tattooed girl, Lauren.

Since Homeroom, Camila had no idea where Lauren had headed off to. She was in no lessons with the girl and she hadn't seen her since this morning, but that didn't stop Camila's wandering thoughts. Lauren hadn't left the younger girls mind since the morning.

In all honesty, she felt quite scared and intimidated when it came to Lauren, especially since the raven haired girl had noticed her obliviously staring beforehand. Thats not a good way to 'introduce' yourself.

"Hmm," Normani hummed as she bit into her chicken burger that she had bought from the cafeteria. She swallowed the mouthful thickly before then making eye contact with Dinah from across the table, who laughed silently at the other girls actions.

"So..." The darker girl began, wiping her mouth and winking playfully at the Polynesian, "how is your first day at Miami High going so far?" She asked, informing both, Camila and Dinah who were sat opposite Ally and herself, on the other side of the table.

Dinah shot a quick glance at Camila beside her, who seemed to be totally engrossed in her own thoughts. What on earth was going through that girls head? She seemed so out of it. She hadn't even acknowledged any of them all lunch.

The caramel haired girl sighed. "It's actually going quite well." She spoke, turning her head back to look at the two older girls and leaving Camila in her own world. "I'm surprised honestly." She laughed.

Dinah was referring to both of their experiences of the new school, not just her own. She knew that Camila didn't mind this school, otherwise she wouldn't stop pestering the younger girl about it. So, that's a good thing that she was seemingly enjoying her experience here so far.

"That's great!" Ally commented enthusiastically, making Normani jump slightly at her suddenness and drop her chicken burger from her hands, onto her tray below her. A look of distress washed over the younger girls face as she stared down at the now messy and helpless burger sprawled out in front of her.

But it only took her a few seconds before she just casually brushed it off and began to pick it up ever so carefully and eat it again, almost like nothing had even happened in the first place, a content look on her features.

"What about you Mila?" The small Latina girl asked, ignoring Normani's dramatic scene beside her and looking directly in front of her to the girl who was dreamily staring off into the distance, her head resting on the palm of her hand.

All three girls now averted their attention to the brunette who still hadn't noticed that she had been informed by Ally.

Dinah waited a few seconds before she just rolled her eyes in annoyance, "do you guys mind if I just talk to her for a moment?"