Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 13 ♡

75.6K 2.7K 678
By exquisites

Chapter 13

(Kat's POV)

"I'll wash the dishes," I called to Zayn after we had finished eating. And I hate to say it, but I was so relieved to have a proper meal.

"It's fine, I got it." He smiled at me and began to pick up the dishes off the table.

As he reached for the plate, I placed my hand on his to stop him. "Please Zayn, you did all this for me, the least I can do is wash the dishes for you."

He chuckled a bit before saying, "alright, fine, you wash them, I'll dry them." I agreed to his terms and we both walked to the sink with dishes in our hands.

I turned on the water and began to wash the plate that I had eaten in.

"So," Zayn said, "are you gonna quit this whole modeling shit?"

I turned to him, my hand still scrubbing the plate, as I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie to him, and I'm afraid that telling the truth wouldn't be any easier.

"Um," I looked back at the plate, knowing that if I wasn't looking at him it would be a lot easier. "I don't know. I'm planning on keeping it."

I was ready for him to attack me with a lecture on why I should quit, but instead he stayed silent as I passed him a dish to dry. "I mean, Cora really wants me to keep this job."

He turned to look at me, "but do you want to keep it?"

I didn't reply. In fact, I didn't know the answer to his question. Nobody really asks me that.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied without overthinking.

"Okay, then keep it." He looked back down, "but I hope you know that pleasing Cora or anyone else isn't the first priority. And if you keep this job then I better not see you losing any more weight. And if you do, I'm going over to Gusto and teaching him a lesson."

I giggled at him, "okay, I promise I won't." But the truth was, I wasn't sure myself if I had to lose any more weight, or how I would handle it. But whatever it was, I had to keep it away from Zayn.

"So," I turned off the running water after we had finished washing and drying the dishes, "does this officially count as our first date?"

He let out a chuckle, "that depends."

"On what?"

"If it we get to fit in a movie right about now." He smirked.

"Done and done," I smiled proudly at him.

"Okay then, go sit on the couch and I'll make the popcorn." He said walking towards the pantry.

Popcorn, of course. By the time I meet up with Gusto tomorrow, I'm already going to have my weight back. But I chose not to mind, I was too happy to worry about who's expectations I needed to fit.

I walked over and sat down on the couch, picking up the remote and turning the television on. I turned to netflix and searched for a movie, by the time Zayn had come and sat next to me with a huge bowl of popcorn in his hand, I still had no idea what we were going to watch.

After Zayn and I decided to settle on watching The Silver Linings Playbook. Zayn held out the popcorn for me to have but I just stared at it. I didn't want it, it would just add calories to my diet, but I couldn't tell that to Zayn, it would just make him upset. And I didn't want to do that.

I reached for some popcorn as the movie started and he smiled as I ate it. Well, a couple calories wouldn't hurt, especially if I got to see that smile.

We watched the movie while passing comments about it to each other. At this point, the bowl of popcorn was finished and Zayn's head was resting on my lap.

"Don't be worried if I'm asleep by the end of this," he yawned.

"Shh, she's just starting to tell about what happened to her husband." I heard him chuckle lightly at my comment.

I was so into the movie, I hadn't realized that Zayn wasn't, in fact, watching the movie, but he was staring at me. When I looked down at him and saw him looking at me, I laughed and asked, "what's wrong?"

He just shook his head and looked as if he'd been snapped out of a daydream, "it's just that, how can someone manage to look so beautiful all the time."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Zayn you're so cheesy." I couldn't help but giggle when he opened his mouth.

"I'm serious," he smiled.

I ran my fingers through his hair, "how can someone manage to make someone feel so happy all the time?"

"You should be asking yourself that question."

I bent down and placed a kiss on his forehead, after which we continued watching the movie.

By the end of the movie, Zayn had fallen asleep. I smiled at his soft snores and took a moment to admire the way his long eyelashes rested delicately on top of his cheekbones.

Before I could do anything, I carefully reached for my phone which rested on top of the side table. I quickly opened the camera and took a picture of him asleep. I had a feeling I could use it against him one day.

I lifted up his head gently and got up off the couch, making sure not it disturb him. I walked into his bedroom and gathered my gym clothes and shoes into my backpack and picked it up, walking out of the room. I walked to the front door, grabbing my phone off the counter and saw three missed calls.

They were from Cora, Dad, and Carlee. Of course, who else?

Carlee left a voicemail and a text both saying;

I thought we had plans to go to the mall today! You should've warned me you were ditching.

There was a voicemail from Cora saying;

Your dad and I might be staying an extra day at my place, didn't get enough work done tonight. But keep in mind that you have an appointment with Gusto tomorrow, you can use your dad's car to drive there or something.

There was a text from dad saying;

have a good night's sleep! I'll be staying here an extra day so don't be worried!

I smiled, that was my dad, short and to the point. He never really explained what could be described in simple terms, and I admired that about him. But sometimes, it could also be a bad thing. Like he'd started a fight but never wanted to hear the other person before ending it at his own terms.

I stuffed my phone into my pocket and left a note on the counter for Zayn that said;

I'm going home, thank you for the lovely night, sweet dreams.

Walking towards the door, I realized that it was raining, based on what I heard. When I opened the door, my thoughts were confirmed. It was raining, rather harshly I might add, and I smiled. I loved the rain, it was one of those weather's where you can feel happy even though the sky is gray. There was something significant about the rain, something that reminds you that it's okay to cry sometimes because even the sky does.

I was admiring the view when I felt arms wrap around my waist. The scent of mint filled my nose as Zayn whispered, "it's beautiful isn't it?"

I nodded as he held placed his chin on my shoulder, "can we just stand here forever, like this?"

"If only." I whispered.

We stood there for a second while the sound of rain filled my ears. "Hey, I got an idea," he said.

"Let me hear it," I encouraged.

He grabbed my waist and before I could do anything, he had pushed me out into the rain, coming out with me.

"Zayn!" I squealed over the sound of the heavy rain.

He laughed as I pushed him, "oh come on, don't act like you weren't about to do it to me."

"But I wasn't going to!" I whined sarcastically.

He chucked while coming close to me, but I moved back a step every time he moved up one. "Oh come on Kat, you're not afraid of getting a little wet huh?" He winked mischievously as I rolled my eyes.

"It depends on if you can get a little dirty," now it was my turn to wink.

He jumped forwards in attempt to grab me but I ran away from him, "you can't catch me Zayn!" I yelled as he chased me down the street. I spotted a family walking with umbrella's staring at us as if we were idiots. But who could blame them?

I turned around to see where Zayn was but before I could make my move, he had already grabbed on to me tightly. "You're not going anywhere."

I squealed and try to escape his grasp but gave up by the time I realized that I wasn't making much progress.

He smirked and said, "you're adorable, you know that right?"

I giggled, "you're not easy to get rid of, you know that right?"

He raised an eyebrow, "oh really? Now is that really what you want to do, get rid of me?"

I smiled and appeared as if I were thinking and in the end, I said, "absolutely."

He wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me closer and said, "well, I am not going anywhere."

I examined him, even in the rain he looked amazing. His white Tshirt was now completely see through and gave me the advantage of looking at the grip his shirt had to his torso. I bit my lip while admiring how his hair was now scattered on top of his head. His tattoos completely stood out of the rainy day weather, but what hooked me on to him the most was his smile. When he smiled, my whole world lit up, in fact, a rainy day had never looked so beautiful.

"I'm glad you aren't," I smiled up at him. He bent down and placed a kiss on my forehead. We started like that for a while, in each others arms, without a word.

But that's when I realized that's where I needed to be most.

----------

VOTE! COMMENT! FOLLOW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 11.9K 12
*Warning* This story contains violence, abuse, and sexual content. Do not read if you are triggered or not comfortable with this. © CynicalCaroline 2...
225K 6.7K 70
WARNING: Drug references, violence, abuse, and sexual content!!! * * "I was thinking last night, and I thought we could make like a box and put some...
1.9K 90 26
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...
39.9K 654 52
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...