The Disguised Billionaire

By EnjoyLiveLove

When your parents tell you that you have to move halfway across the world for reasons they can't seem to tell... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meeting Them In Gloria Jean's
Chapter 2: Hanging Out
Chapter 3: Followed
Chapter 4: The Blaming Game
Chapter 5: The News
Chapter 6: I Officially Hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's Guts
Chapter 7: Halifax, Here We Come!
Chapter 8: Our Arrival In Halifax, Canada
Chapter 9: Twin Brother Say What?
Chapter 10: The First Day Of School
Chapter 11: I'm Dead
Chapter 12: Accepting Her and Horrible Introductions
Chapter 13: He's There For Me
Chapter 15: My Favorite Habbit: Lying
Chapter 16: A Sisterly and Brotherly Moment
Chapter 17: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 1
Chapter 18: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 2
Chapter 19: Fake Dating?
Chapter 20: The Confirmation
Chapter 21: Closure? Uh... I Guess?
Chapter 22: The New Students
Chapter 23: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 24: This Kiss
Chapter 25: And The Plot Thickens
Chapter 26: House Hunting
Chapter 27: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 28: Hangover
Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1
Chapter 30: The Truth - Part 2
Chapter 31: The Heartbreak
Chapter 32: Okay, What?
Chapter 33: Bright Colors
Chapter 34: The Meeting
Chapter 35: Feelings
Change of Plans
To Make or Not To Make?
Sequel
Other Novels

Chapter 14: Revelations

16.7K 430 67
By EnjoyLiveLove

I was still hanging behind Chase's back like a monkey and he never made any kind of action to put me down. I think he enjoys carrying me around.

Keep telling yourself that, Amber.

Right. What Chase is doing right now is just for fun. Nothing personal, so why does it bother me that much?

Because you like him.

I was taken aback by my own thoughts, clearly not expecting it. Me? Liking him? No way! Just because he's been sweet to me today doesn't mean I immediately like him. He's just a friend. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a friend.

"Teddy Bear?" He said, trying to grasp my attention. I finally looked at him with a small smile.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I've been calling your name for the past two minutes, but you never answered. Is something bothering you?"

Yes. "No, why would something be bothering me?"

"Because you're so quiet. You're never usually this quiet. You like to talk a lot. I may not know you well enough, but that's what I've noticed about you. You tend to talk a lot." He replied and I chuckled.

"Nothing's bothering me, honestly. I just have a lot on my mind." I replied, half lying, half telling the truth.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked and I gulped.

I'm thinking about you.

"About Austin, Aiden and I's fight." I lied. He nodded his head in understanding while I just smiled at him.

Honestly, Chase isn't the only one in my mind. I was still thinking about the fight. I mean, we have fought before, but nothing serious like this. And it's all Megan's fucking fault. If she didn't pop in on our lives, this wouldn't have happened. She stole everyone I care from me.

"Aren't you getting tired of carrying me around?" I asked as I tightened my hold on his neck. He just chuckled and looked straight ahead.

"Well, honestly, I am tired, but it's still worth it. My Teddy Bear isn't tired, so I guess I'll survive." He replied and I can feel myself redden again. My stomach did flips and my heart fluttered in his words.

Chase, what are you doing to me?

"You can put me down, Chase. I'm fine." I replied and started to get down, but he just tightened his hold on my legs.

"Teddy Bear, like I said, it's fine. Don't worry." He replied, but I just continued to try and get down. After a while, I heard him sigh and finally let me get down.

"Are you sure?" He asked when I was already beside him.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I smiled at him and he casually slung his arms around me.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived home, where Aiden, Austin, and Dylan were waiting in the front door with their phones out. I rolled my eyes and just continued walking with Chase beside me, his arm still slung around me.

When we came closer to the front door, they somehow noticed our presence and looked up at us. They looked at us with suspicion and curiousness, while I slowly took Chase's arm away from me.

He looked at me in confusion and whispered, "Why did you take off my arm?"

I looked at him and replied, "I may be mad at them, but I still don't want them to think that I'm dating you. I mean, we hate each other right? And you being nice to me is just temporary so I might as well not be used to it."

He just stared at me for a second until he smiled, but it never reached his eyes. I tried to smile back, but it's hard to when your cousin and your brother is looking at you from afar.

I looked at them and saw their guilty and apologetic faces. I sighed and can't help but think on how I've been horrible to both of them.

I smiled a little at them and they seemed to be shocked that I actually smiled at them, but they smiled back nonetheless.

I walked ahead of Chase and walked slowly towards Austin and Aiden. When I reached them, they looked at me with surprise and expectation.

After a moment of silence, I blurted out, "I'm sorry."

To say that they were shocked would be the biggest understatement of my life. I mean, they never expected me to be the ever first one to say sorry. I mean, they know I'm stubborn, I know I'm stubborn, so it's weird and rare and awkward and uncomfortable for me saying sorry first.

They were still looking at me with mouth agape and eyes widened. I rolled my eyes and asked, "You guys want my sorry or not? Cause if you don't want it, I'll gladly head up to my room."

They shook their heads and pulled me in for a very unexpected hug. I rolled my eyes as they nuzzled their heads on my neck and awkwardly patted their backs.

I was the first one to pull away and looked around awkwardly. They cleared their throat and Aiden motioned Chase to come over. I looked behind me and saw Chase smiling at me. I didn't want to come off as rude, so I smiled back anyway.

Aiden and Austin seemed to notice this, because they looked at us back and forth, until they finally pulled me to their side and Aiden whispered, "Did something happen between the two of you while we were fighting?"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "You have no idea." He glared at me and looked at Austin who was also glaring at Chase, but not making it obvious.

I rolled my eyes again and said, "The two of you are such amateurs."

They looked at me sternly and said, "You better tell us later what happened."

I sighed and said, "Fine. But when I finish telling you guys, please don't scare him away nor kill him."

They scoffed then grumpily said, "Fine."

Chase finally arrived beside us and smiled warmly. But when he saw Aiden and Austin's glare, his smile immediately dropped.

"Where were the two of you?" Austin asked while crossing his arm, trying to look intimidating. And let me tell you, it actually worked because I'm pretty sure I heard Chase gulp, as if saying that he's in deep shit.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I ran away, he came to comfort me, I cried to him then came back here."

Now, they were glaring at me and said, "We didn't ask what happened, nor did we ask you. We were asking Chase."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Guys, just back off, alright? We were just at some pavement somewhere."

And again, they glared at me and said, "Again, we didn't ask you. We were asking Chase." They went back to glare at Chase and he sighed while looking at me.

"I guess you better to inside. See you later Teddy Bear." Chase said and I felt myself freeze in my spot. My eyes widened and Austin and Aiden were looking at us, mouth agape.

"Teddy Bear?" They both exclaimed at the same time and gave Chase daggers.

"Amber, why was he calling you Teddy Bear?" Austin asked and I gulped while looking a them nervously.

I know they'd react this way. They were just too over-protective!

"Oh hey! Look at the time. Might as well go inside. Bye!" And with that said, I sprinted inside the house as fast as I could, but not after I heard Aiden say, "We're not yet done, young lady!"

I closed the door behind me, panting then snickered.

Young lady my ass.

"Unbelievable. Until here you're still stalking them?" A girl voice said, followed by a snicker. "Grow a pair and stop following them. You're just bothering them."

My head snapped up to my right to see Xander and Megan standing there with their arms crossed, looking at me with disgust.

I can't believe this people became my best friend and my ex-boyfriend.

I smirked at them and asked, "I'm not stalking them, bitches. Do you even know who's house your standing on right now?"

They looked confused for a second, but then Megan said, "Of course! This is Aiden's house."

I smirked and said, "You do know that this is also my house, right?"

They snickered and said, "In your dreams."

I laughed bitterly and shook my head in amusement. "Whatever you say, bitches."

And just like that, Austin, Aiden, and Chase came barging in the door, hearing what I said to them. They looked at me in astonishment while I groaned in my place and Xander and Megan was smirking.

"Amber." Austin started. I groaned and walked towards the stairs.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." I said through gritted teeth and walked up the stairs, when I reached the foyer, I went towards the railings and leaned on it.

"On second thought, I'm not sorry and never will be!" I exclaimed and ran to my room, slamming it hard.

Stupid Xander. Stupid Megan. Stupid cousin. Stupid brother. Stupid fight. Stupid apologies. Stupid everything!

I sighed and plopped down my bed. I looked up the ceiling and just stared at the blank ceiling.

How can I prove to my brothers, my cousins, and my friends that I'm completely one hundred percent innocent and that I'm the victim here? I could always get back at Xander and Megan for all the things they've done to me, that's my forte after all. But, the problem is, if I do that, I'll come off as the bad guy and not them. I admit, having revenge and planning things that are so bad ass are my forte, but proving things aren't exactly my forte. That's like the worst I'm on.

I could always plan something, but it's too much hassle and I need the help of my crew. And by crew, I mean Hannah, Stacy, Drake and Sophie. I only have Hannah with me, so I'm not sure if it would actually work.

I sighed. What am I gonna do?

"Amber, honey, come down!" I heard Mom say and I groaned.

"Coming!" I replied and stood up from my bed lazily. I opened my door and went down the stairs. When I came down, I saw them all sat on the couch, Xander and Megan smiling innocently and nicely at my parents.

I rolled my eyes. Stupid fakes.

Then, just like they all noticed me coming down, their heads snapped up to my direction and I just looked at them with a bored expression.

"Honey, come here. Please sit down." Mom said and I smiled at her.

"Alright, Mom." I replied while looking at Xander and Megan with a wicked smile on my face.

They shook their heads angrily and disbelievingly while I just grinned at them. Ian and Blake seemed to notice this and they glared at me, as if telling me to lay off.

Like I'd lay off when I absolutely have this chance to make them suffer and make them disappear from the face of the earth.

I sat down beside Dylan and leaned back in my seat while crossing my legs and smirking at Xander and Megan evilly.

"Dear, have you met your cousins' boyfriend and girlfriend yet?" Mom asked and I looked at her then back at Xander and Megan.

"Yeah, I met them earlier in school actually." I replied while giving Mom a polite smile and her and Dad nodding their heads.

"That's great! Then you wouldn't have a problem hanging out with Megan right? Paige was supposed to come with the two of you too, but she can't because she has to help your aunt with the fashion show." Mom said and I looked at Megan with a wicked grin on my face.

A perfect opportunity to make her life a living hell.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I replied and smirked. The others looked horrified while Megan was sending me daggers and Xander was looking at us back and forth.

"Yeah, a good idea if you want the two of you to kill each other!" Shane retorted and I scoffed while Mom just looked confused.

"What do you mean, Shane?" Mom asked and I looked at her with a smile.

"Nothing, Mom." I replied while she just eyed me suspiciously, but let it go. For now.

"Mom, I honestly think that's a bad idea. I mean, do you want Amber, my little sister, to come home all injured and broken?" Aiden asked and I saw Megan and Xander's eyes widen.

When Aiden realized what he said, his eyes widened while the others just eyed him. "I shouldn't have said that. . ." He said quietly while the two idiots, a.k.a Megan and Xander was just looking at me and Aiden with surprise.

"Amber's your sister?" Xander asked.

I smirked and looked at him. "Yeah, got a problem with that?" I replied, mimicking what he said during lunch.

He shook his head and just leaned back on his seat.

We were all quiet, the tension building up. When Dylan finally can't get enough of it, he said, "Does any of you want any sandwich?"

We looked at him and sighed in relief. "Yeah. Actually, I'll make some for all of us." I offered and stood up.

"I'll come with you." Megan piped in. I looked back at her and rolled my eyes.

She followed me to the kitchen where I prepared all the things I need. I got out a plate and a knife and the bread that's on the cupboard.

I started making the sandwich, Megan just standing across me with crossed arms and staring at me as if she was going to murder me any second.

When I finally had enough of it, I put the knife down and looked at her. "Alright, bitch. What are you playing at?" I asked and she looked at me with a confused expression.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.

"Do not play dumb with me. I know what you're doing. Why are you dating my cousin?" I asked. And once she finally realized what I said, she smirked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She asked and I glared at her. She chuckled, and said. "Alright. I'll tell you."

I looked at her expectantly and she chuckled. "A little impatient, are we?" She asked with a smirk.

"Just get with it!" I roared and she chuckled.

"Alright." She replied. "The reason why I'm dating your cousin is because I know he's one of your clique. I've been doing a background check on him and he seems pretty decent, so I moved here, told Xander my plan, and told him to move here too and date Paige, another girl in your clique. So, I dated him and Xander dated Paige. The end." She finished and she smirked.

"You haven't told me the reason yet." I said and she chuckled.

"Oh, Amber, still the same, I see? Still haven't changed. Still the same oblivious little brat that you are. Not to mention a total bitch." She said and I gave her daggers.

"Just tell me already!" I screamed and she glared.

"Fine, fine!" She seethed. "I dated him because I'm still not done with you. You still have to pay for what you did to me. Especially to what you did with Xander. You have to pay. Once I knew Austin and Paige was one of your clique," She paused then laughed bitterly. "I knew it was the perfect opportunity to get back at you. So really, I only dated him and Xander only dated Paige so that we could make your life a living hell. In short, we're only using them to get to you. And once Xander and I knew we already had them wrapped around our fingers, we took that as the perfect opportunity to make them do things that will make you hate them and we told them things that would make them hate you." She finished her little speech, and that's when someone barged in, shocking not only me, but also queen bitch across me.

"So that's your plan? I know the both of you were too good to be true. I only defended the both of you because I know my sister loves Xander so much and that Austin also likes you. I never liked you. I just pretended to. I know something was fishy about you and Xander, I just ignored it, seeing as my sister would be mad at me. But now," Dylan paused and laughed bitterly. "I don't care if she gets mad at me. I just don't want her nor my cousin to get hurt." He said while glaring at Megan.

Megan was still gobsmacked and she was completely and utterly speechless. "Dylan, it's not what you think!" She stuttered and went near Dylan while putting her hand on his forearm.

"Don't you dare touch me, you fucking bitch! I came here to see what took the two of you so long, and I hear this?" He seethed and we flinched in his voice.

He sounded so mad. . . I've never seen him this mad before.

"Dylan," She started but Dylan stopped him.

"Just shut up, you dumb bitch! And get the hell out of here! I don't want to see you ever again! Amber was right! You are a bitch. I don't know why I even doubted her in the first place!" He shouted and I had to come near him and calm him down.

"Fine!" Megan replied angrily. "But know this. I will make yours and Amber's life a living hell. I've already done that a lot of times before, and I doubt I'll fail this time." And with that, she left the house using the back door without another word.

Dylan was still fuming and I kept calming him down, which was exhausting.

"Once I get my hands on that bitch, she'll regret ever using my sister and my cousin!" He roared and I groaned.

"Dylan, just stop, okay? I know how you feel. Just bottle it all up and we'll plan how to murder her some other time." I replied and he looked at me like I was crazy. Then, he started laughing and I looked at him in confusion.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked and he chuckled.

"You never fail to make me laugh, my dear cousin." He said and I laughed.

"That's what I do best." I said with a smirk.

"I know." He replied and pulled me in for a hug.

---

Hey awesome earthlingss! I'm finally back! I finally updated! Yes! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for the long wait. I've been having this major writer's block and I've also been really busy with school, so, yeah. :DD

And, OMG! I JUST FOUND A NEW ADDICTION AND OBSESSION! LIKE, OMG! 5SOS IS SO FREAKING AMAZING AND AWESOME AND HOT AND OMG!

Anyway, I'm rambling already. XD The tension is building up, right? Yes? No? Maybe? I don't know? Just comment your thoughts and don't forget to voteeee! :)))

Have a nice day you awesome earthlingsss! :D

Lots of love,

Lu xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 5.2K 25
Highest rankings #1 in Lola #1 in Jayden #75 in humor #8 in heartbreak #25 in billionaire What happens when two rival families are joined by marri...
175K 6K 38
*Sequel to The Badgirl's Story* (You don't need to read the first one to read this. But you really should so it makes a little more sense). *I will w...
BEHIND THEIR MIEN By

Mystery / Thriller

53 16 15
Life takes unexpected turn when a common nurse Natalie and a billionaire Nathan find their paths crossed in unexpected mystery that is set to destroy...
301K 8.1K 45
Victoria Hale had everything she ever wanted in life. She was the daughter of a multi-millionaire, with a loving family. Every girl wanted to be her...