Fiercer Than Fire

By _AcrossTheUniverse_

''Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those wh... More

Fiercer Than Fire
Brighter Than The Burn
A Stranger's Stare: Part I
Just Jared.
A Stranger's Stare: II
The Other Side
A Taste Of Another
Rumor Has It.
Increasing Inferno: II
Surely Shaken
His Confliction
Detrimental Dares
Startling Sensations
Messy Memories
Ominous Occurrences
Absurd Agreements: I (redone)
Tremendously Tired
Frosty Firsts
Revolting Revelations
Another World
Loyalty Over Love
Phantom Presence
Whispered Visions
Tainted Time
IMPORTANT

Increasing Inferno: I

966 64 19
By _AcrossTheUniverse_

Chapter Nine: Increasing Inferno I

STATUS: Not edited.

AIM: 25 VOTES.

Or maybe Andy had it all wrong and I was just acting this way 'cause I was lightheaded from all of the medicines that have been pumped into my system.

Yeah, that's probably it.

~~

"So this is my room," I pointed to the grand master bedroom, "and that's yours," I pointed towards his room. "If you don't like it you're welcome to sleep on the couch."

Nyle raised his eyebrows at me but said nothing, carrying his suitcases effortlessly to his room. I sighed as exhaustion took over my limbs, but pushed it away. I had to study to stay on top of my class. I trudged into my room, in order to freshen up before I pulled out my textbooks and notebooks. I browsed through them and solved a number of exercises before I began to notice that the room had begun to darken. I closed my books and decided that it was time for dinner. I made my way to Nyle's room, barging in. "Umh, can you cook di-" My words died in my throat when I caught site of Nyle playing with a ball of fire. I blinked and when my eyes focused on it once more I realized that it was actually a lighter.

Strange, I could have sworn....

"Delilah?" Nyle called out to me in that sexy accented voice of his. My eyes snapped to his and I noticed that he looked extremely good with his hair messily tangled and a spark of an unreadable expression dancing in his eyes. "Hmmm...?" I hummed softly, much too absorbed in studying the Adonis before me rather than actually paying attention to his words.

"Delilah?" Nyle called out once more and my eyes snapped up to peer into his fiery ones.

Control yourself, Delilah. He's just a boy; control your hormones.

I snapped once I realized that I had been ogling, "What?"

"A rather bizarre mark seems to have sta-" he cleared his throat awkwardly as if he had just realized what he had said, "Uh, I mean, you have something right over there." He pointed to a spot above my lips. I raised my eyebrows and wiped the skin above my lips and under my nose.

Nyle chuckled -a sound that had my heart beat spiking- and shook his head, "It's still not gone." He lifted a finger and brushed it across my lip, lingering there for a few seconds. "There, gone," he whispered, his blazing eyes burned through my eyes that seemed dull before his. I could feel his warm, minty breath fan across my face as he leaned closer and as his fingers brushed across my lips once more, leaving a blazing trail of tingles in their wake. Silence loomed around us as we gazed into each others eyes, my heart thudding in my chest as we did so. Nyle drew even closer until the tip of his nose brushed across the bridge of mine. My eyes fluttered at his proximity, and my heart suddenly grew warm; my body sang in a happiness.

And then the doorbell rang.

I successfully snapped out of my Nyle-induced-daze and stepped back, my eyes wide and my mouth open. "Umh...uhh...." I stammered, searching for words to form a coherent sentence. I spotted an unreadable emotion in Nyle's eyes that had me flushing. "Uh, I-I have to go," I finally murmured, turning on my heel and trying to get out of the room. But before I could leave, Nyle grabbed my wrist, spun me around and yanked me back to him. I collided against his chest, planted my hands onto it in a vain effort to push him away and attempted to swallow the electricity the erupted between us. "N-nyle, w-what're you do-doing?"

Nyle raised his eyebrows and I spotted heaps of amusement swirling in the depths of his blazing eyes, "You came to ask me if I could cook dinner?"

I found myself incapable of talking and so I simply nodded, my wide eyed gaze fixed on his eyes. Nyle's lips stretched into a crooked grin that caused for a dimple to appear on his left cheek. He looked so good, I could feel my heart do somersaults in my chest. Nyle let go of my waist and turned towards the door, "Sure. I'll be on it."

My mouth opened and shut as I watched him walk away from me. He turned towards me with a smirk on his face, "What's wrong Delilah? Are you coming...?"

"Oh, umh, er," I cleared my throat and scowled at him, "Yeah, of-course. I was just...uh...You surprised me that's all."

"I surprised you? How?"

"You-you....uh, you..." I cursed myself mentally for not being able to come up with a reply and mentally thanked whoever was standing outside the door when the doorbell rang again, "I'm going to go get the door." I raced past him and towards the door, with my heart thumping and hands sweating.

What was going on?

~~

"And that's how you solve that," I concluded as I drew a line at the end of the sum. Andy nodded, eyes glinting with comprehension. "Oh thank you so much, Delly!" she exclaimed as she hugged me, "I would've failed without you!" I smiled and hugged her back. "Yeah, that's what I do. Help you pass."

"Yup, that's the only reason we're best friends."

"Actually, the only reason I'm your best friend is 'cause you're mum makes the best cookies ever. My reasons have nothing to do with you at all," I winked at her as I said so.

"But of-course!" Andy replied and we both began to laugh at our own antics. I sighed and fell back onto the bench staring at the cerulean sky as I did so. Andy started to scribble some stuff down and I turned to look at what she was writing, when my gaze fell upon an imperfection on her skin.

An imperfection that looked identical to the one I had inflicted upon her when the golden light had shot out of my palms after I had caught her swapping spit with Ryanne, in my dream.

My mouth dropped open as bewilderment clouded my thoughts. "Andy, how'd you get that?" I asked her, begging for her to have an answer that contradicted my thoughts. Andy frowned when her eyes met the site of the wound. Her brows furrowed and she looked up at me, looking as flabbergasted as ever, "Umh, I don't know."

"What?"

"Like, I-I can't remember. It's like I feel like I do know, but I just can't remember how it happened. If I try to think too much about it my head starts to hurt."

I raised my eyebrows. Something was wrong.

"Are you sure you can't?"

Andy nodded, "I don't want to even think about it, 'cause then I'll get a head ache and that's not exactly something I look forward to." I nodded, pulled my homework out of my bag and started to finish it.

But I just couldn't stop thinking about the infliction I had caused.

~~

"Delilah!"

I slammed my locker shut and turned towards Ryanne, a scowl set on my face. School was over and everyone was gone, I'd only stayed back to finish a project. Why was he still here? "What do you want?" I barked. Ryanne's hazel eyes peered into my gold ones, "No need to get you're panties in a twist. I just came to ask you if you were going to Rochelle's party on Friday."

Rochelle McKlegin was a very sweet girl who may have been a little bit of an airhead. She threw insane parties once a month and the most scandalous incidents of the year generally occurred at her parties.

Therefore I wouldn't go to them.

Why waste a lovely day partying when you could be doing something else much more constructive?

Damn, I sound like Mr Webb.

"No." I curled my lips as I noticed Ryanne's expression morph into a crestfallen one, "Why?"

"Well, I was thinking you could go with me..."

"Why would I-" before I could complete my answer, two arms snaked around my waist and I was pulled back into a well defined chest. My skin exploded with tingles when my body came in contact with the other person's and immediately I figured out who it was due to my body's response to them.

It was Nyle.

My head snapped up, and due to our close proximity, it was easy to study Nyle's features. His chiselled features held an air of superiority as he stared down at Ryan. His flaming eyes were narrowed and he stood, with his arms wrapped around me, protectively. His hair was slightly messy and he was taller than Ryanne.

He looked dangerous.

And hot.

"She's no going anywhere with you," Nyle spat out as his arms tightened around me. Ryanne looked apprehensive and his Adam's apple bobbed up and down constantly. He tried to look smug in order to hold his ground but anybody with eyes could tell that the boy was close to terrified of Nyle.

"Go away, Ryanne." I spat out, instinctively and unintentionally pressing closer to Nyle, "I wouldn't go with you even if Hell froze over."

Ryanne glower towards me melted once he caught site of Nyle's menacing expression. He stomped away, trying his best to look angry and not frightened.

I tried to pull away from Nyle who refused to let me go. He spun me around and I was caged in his arms. An army of sparks crackled through my skin, I could feel my heart thud against my rib cage. "Careful Delilah," he whispered cheekily, his enticing breath fanned across my face, "You keep getting stuck in such suggestive positions with me, one would think that you like me." I raised my eyebrows at him, "You're the only one who thinks that they are suggestive. Plus, you're the one who positions me in them. If there was anyone to blame, it would be you." Nyle chuckled, "No need to be feisty, Delilah. I was just give you an outsiders perspective." I shook my head at him and tried pulling away -though my body screamed at me to not-, but he wouldn't budge. "Nyle, let me go."

Nyle shook his head. "Why would I do that?"

"Because I said so!"

"Brilliant argumentative skills you got there, Delilah."

I groaned, "Move, Nyle." A inferno of tingles raged in my body and in that moment it was almost as if the reality of my emotions slapped me in my face. I liked Nyle. And maybe, possibly, he liked me too.

No.

I couldn't...

He couldn't...

This can't happen!

"Nyle, LET GO OF ME!"

"No."

I tried kicking him where the sun don't shine but he held me in place. When I parted my lips to allow for a string of profanities to pour, Nyle effectively shut me up...

...by kissing me.

AIM: 25 VOTES.

Author's Note:

Hey! It's been so long! Darn, I've missed writing this story. I'm so sorry for the long wait even after the aim was achieved, my exams were going on so I had to study.

But I'm done with them now so expect early updates! :D

I know this chapter was short. It was more of a filler really, but I just fell back into the flow so...yer.

Thank you so much for sticking with this story even though the author (that's me) is a complete loser at times.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Lots of love,

_AcrossTheUniverse_

P.S- Vote, comment and fan please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 262K 52
"What the hell?" I took a step closer to the mirror, staring at my reflection in disbelief. The person looking back was still me, but at the same ti...
Dionne By Mia

Werewolf

412 154 31
"Why are you running from me?" I said with my heart breaking in pieces just from listening to the words getting out of my mouth and being directed to...
98 7 4
"Thats cute"Adrian said to me as he stifled a laugh, I leaned my head to one side in both a loss for words and out of utter confusion as i finally re...
231K 7.4K 38
ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴇʀᴍᴀɴ x ᴘΙͺʀᴀᴛᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ -------- WARNING BEFORE YOU READ #2 mermaids 20200606 #4 fan made 20200605 #8 humans 20200605 #22 Obsession 20200605 #...