From her diary to her heart

By burntpapers

#8 in Romance (September 13 2016) COMPLETED Expectations are something which truly mock you in the face. When... More

1.Discovering the misfortune..
2.The Hamlet situation
3. Memories that call
4.Graduation and it's aftermath
5. Fixed
6.Meeting
7.The l-awfully wed.
8.Knowing Margaret
9.A surprise engagement.
10. Endearments
11. In public.
##SOMETHING IMPORTANT
12.Not that easy
13.The Other side.
14. Our first
15.The lies we say
16. The X games
17.The debt reverts
18. The engagement party
19. Let you know
20. The week after.
21.The wedding
22. Crossroad.
23.Left behind
24.Her diary
25.Finding out (Part 1)
26. Finding out (part 2)
27. News
28. Out of hiding
29. Following her
30. The unseen
31. Where she lies.
32.Blue days
33. Trial
34. A sight to believe
36. At her service
37. My worries
#Something important (part 2)
38.The charade
39. When he wrote
40. You do
41. A paradise
42. Love.
Another story
MILESTONE!

35. Welcome home.

82.8K 3.1K 221
By burntpapers

My car rolled in front of the hospital and I got out of my car.
I had bouquet of roses in my hand and I was feeling nervous and at the same time excited to meet her again. As I walked inside the receptionist smiled at me. People smiled or wished me and I responded in the same.
I couldn't hide my grin. No matter how much I tried to calm myself I couldn't. I had no explanation. Looking forward to something. I didn't understand the meaning of until now.

I opened the door of the room and my grin vanished at once.

What the hell.

"What the hell are you people doing here?"
I asked.
All of them turned around with confused faces and Jake almost leapt at me.

"Hey man!"
He dragged me out of the room shutting the door behind. We stood in the corridor.

"Are you fucking crazy? Manners where are they Zylen Marc?"

"How long before have you arrived here?"

"We just arrived. Everybody is so happy to meet her. And so relieved too. Wait is that a bouquet of roses?"

I hid the roses from him.
But he kept peeking behind  and I had to lean away from him.

"Oh my god that is a bouquet of roses. Holyshit what the hell Tiffany's done to you?! Zylen Marc getting a bouquet of roses for a girl. I am speechless. I think I am tearing up."
He acted like an emotional mother.

"My dad and mom are here before me? How?"

"Oh yeah he was asking about you."
It irritated me more. Damn.

"It's okay Zylen desserts are always eaten last."

"What?"

"Nothing."

We entered the room and it was a ruckus. People surrounded her talking noisily to her. The room was full of bouquets and chocolate boxes and people.
Mia noticed me and glared back at me. I was not too enthusiastic about their presence too. I was supposed to arrive before.

"Is that for me?"
She asked. I saw her looking
expectantly towards me. Her eyes gleamed with happiness and curiosity.

"Yes ....this is for you."
I handed them to her. She clearly didn't have any space to keep it anywhere

"I love roses.Thank you."
She sniffed them  and held on to it.

The rest of the day went noisy and happy. We made sure never to talk about her condition. She had no idea that she was out for two months. If she got the idea I don't think she would accept it really well.
She asked about Serena. Claire told her that she was full pregnant and her due was anytime in this week. One of them skyped Serena and then both the sisters talked for a long time. Dave was also there with her and he apologised for not coming to meet her.
Tiffany gave him a scolding for apologising for that. She had all sorts of questions to ask Serena.

"I need to be alright before the baby is born. I can't missed this I have missed enough."

"Dear you need to rest. You are getting discharged tomorrow."
Claire assured her.

"Should we prepare your room? I think we should."
Duncan decided.

"No Duncan I have already prepared for her."
I intervened.

He looked at me with a questioning look.

"I already arranged everything in consult with the doctor. I'll be taking care of her. I am-"
I tried to explained.

"No it's good. But your work?"

"Let him do it Duncan. He works a lot anyway." 
Dad said. I mentally thanked my dad. He winked back at me.

"Tiffany is it alright with you?"
Duncan asked her.
I had been meaning to ask her the same thing but I was interrupted.

"It's already done..." She sighed.
"I guess it's okay." 
Once again I was relieved. I was really looking forward to it.

By the end one by one left parted ways. It was decided that already  small gathering would be held soon once she would have recovered.

We both were alone in the room again.
She slipped down to rest still clutching at the roses I gave to her.

"I'll put them in something."
I took the bouquet from her.
"Wait I'll be back."

"No wait you can use this."
She bent to the side and held a bottle. She uncapped it
"Mia bought some juice in the bottle. You could use this right? It could fit in."

"Yeah sure."

Taking the bottle from her I washed and put good amount of water. I carefully place all of the roses together removing the extra stems and leaves and placed in the bottle. Positioning them carefully.

"You can place them right here."
She patted on her side.
I followed her and placed it right beside her on the table.
She turned over facing them.

"They are beautiful."

"I personally picked them."
I said proudly.

She gave me a full smile  and touched them as I stared back at her.
__________________________

"I am sorry you don't have any clothes I should have arranged some. Your other clothes were practically shredded. But I have your shoes and other belongings what we could get."

"It's okay  Mrs Camberwell  provided gave me a set of clothes and some other essentials."

"The senior nurse?"

"Yes.

I was disappointed that I couldn't do such a small thing. But I had also hesitated not sure if she would like it. I heard  the click of the door from behind and she emerged out. She wore a simple thin cotton white dress which had thick sleeveless sleeves. It ended above her knees and accentuated her long less. She didn't wear any bra, I couldn't help notice that.

"Right. Shall we go?"

"Yes."

I removed my jacket and walk towards her. I draped my jacket over her and she looked up to me.

"You'll feel cold."

"Hmm."

The car drove smoothly through the city roads. I was in the back seat with her, observing her as she gazed out the window. Her eyes switched at each and every little thing on the road. The busy street shops to big corporate buildings. We finally entered the the less crowded posh area.
I could see  that she recognised the area trying to absorb in everything. Stopping we made our way towards the lift. The concierge greeted us and congratulated Tiffany on her recovery.I hustled her inside the lift.
We finally entered the penthouse. "Come here."

I beckoned her and she followed. We walked through the corridors and led her to her room.

"I prepared your old room, cleaned it completely."
I opened the room and we entered the tidy room.
I slid their intersecting glass doors to open to balcony. It was a  dull evening in the busy city the traffic could be heard mildly.

"Where's Margaret?"
She asked.

I pushed the curtain aside.
"I gave her a few days off."

"Oh."

"Sit down you shouldn't be standing for long."
I made her sit down on the bed.
I squatted down and held her right leg's calf. Her legs were so long and smooth. I was removing her shoe when she gasped.

"Zylen what are you doing?"
She grabbed at my shoulder pushing me away.

"I am taking of your shoes."

"You don't have to do that I can do that by myself!"

"Let me."
I looked up towards her. She looked horrified and in disbelief.
When she realized I was serious she gave up and slumped.
I gently removed her shoe and untied the laces of the shoes held the left calf removing the other shoe. My fingers lingered over her skin which felt smooth but I snapped out of it immediately controlling myself.

I stood up looking away from her.
"The doctor has prescribed some medicines for some days and good amount of rest. I'll have to change that bandage of your head. You'll need some clothes to change. I checked with the concierge he said there is going to be delay. Honestly this such is such a shame."

"It's okay it's really fine."

"I should buy you some clothes."

"Zylen really no please."

"Then what would you change into?"

She was at loss of words. She thought for a long time.
"I'll pay you."

"What?"

"I'll pay for them if you buy me."

"No."

"Why?"

"I am not buying them."

"But you just said-"

"You'll wear mine."

"What?"

"I have shirts which you can wear. It'll be lose but it won't bother your bruising."

"You - you are serious?"
She stuttered.

"Yes very much. Your medicines I need to check now where are they..."
I moved towards the table where I had kept the two bags. I opened the first bag and saw two boxes of lady's underwear  Mrs Camberwell had rather an interesting choice by the looks of the contents. I immediately closed it and  checked the other bag for the medicines.

"I'll be back."

I left the room and went towards my room.
From my walk in closet I selected  some shirts. I saw my college jersey neatly folded in the corner and instinctively took it.

"Here are some and you can wear them."
I handed it to her.
She took it silently.

"I'll prepare the dinner."
I left the room for her to change.

In the kitchen I swiftly worked on the dinner. Thank god for Margaret who had stocked up the kitchen perfectly. I brought out a huge tray and decorating it accordingly. When I was done I gave one last look and then left the kitchen with the huge tray propped on the small wooden table

As I entered the room I saw her with my shirt on sitting on the bed. She turned towards me and was surprised to see me. She was about to get push her cover but I stopped.

"No no sit there. I brought it here for you."

"You could have told me. I would have come to dining."

"Not necessary."
I placed the table on the bed.
I was a little bit nervous. I hope she would like it.
She picked up the spoon and  tasted it. I couldn't make out from her face that she liked it or not but she took an another bite.

"Do you like it?"

She looked at me with her mouth full of food and nodded in an excited manner.
She liked it! Thank god.
I kept on staring at her while she ate.

"Where's yours?"

"Huh? what?"
I snapped out of my haze.

"Why aren't you eating?"

"I'll have later."

"No come here have some. It too much anyway."

"No I am not hungry."

"Liar."

"Tiffany."

She placed the spoon aside.
"I won't have this until you have with me."
And crossed her hands over.

"Tiffany have it. You need to take your medication."

"I won't have that too."

We had a stare down. She wasn't budging down at all.

"Tiff-"

"I am serious."
I waited for her she still she didn't pick her spoon.

"Fine I'll force feed you then."

She caught my hand tugging at it.
When I looked at her I was almost given heart attack.
She made such an innocent face and pleaded.

"Please."

You...

"Fine."
I gave up and she suddenly tugged me down making me sit.
She handed me a spoon and I took it from her.
She waited and I knew her trick.
I picked and took a bite of it giving her are-you-happy look.
She grinned at me. I couldn't help but smile at her stubbornness.

We both ate the food together. Cutting portions for each other , feeding each other.
I like this eating with her from the same plate making me feel all warm and good. It was the best dinner ever.

"This is really good."
She said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 5.1K 25
''Let me help you, ma'am,'' a man who was probably the flight attendant said. Damn. Ryerson Reeds even had handsome flight attendants. The man stoope...
444K 13.7K 59
"I love you, but are you sure you're ready for this?", he said as I slammed the door shut and locked it. I had missed his touch too much, and I had w...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
407K 1.6K 23
After leaving an abusive and mentally draining relationship Brittany decides to dedicate her life to her and her daughter Aria, but what she didn't e...