Primitive Instincts

By Minty1254

~ My skin prickled from the odd sensation of the warmth radiating off of him like an oven, I could smell him... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 10

33.7K 1K 182
By Minty1254

{Aspen's Necklace above}

Rachel came over for breakfast, but I couldn't concentrate on pleasantries because today is the day I would either be forced to live alone or live in submission.

I watched Rachel lips move excitedly as she chattered about how after she ran out of the gym yesterday she meant the most amazing guy, he apparently was her mate. I should be happy for her or at the very least be paying attention, although all I could think about was those two yellow eyes burning holes in my heart.

Not to mention the fact I could barely keep my eyes open, Hunter kept me up all night howling outside my house. It's like he wanted me to be tired today, but doesn't that mean he will to because he had to stay up howling every half an hour or so making sure I didn't get a wink. Luckily for my trusty earplugs I did manage to catch a few Z's but did lose a couple precious hours trying to find them.

If I see so much as a glimpse of Hunter this morning I'm going to tear his vocal chords out and shove them far up where the sun doesn't shine.

"Aspen!"

"Huh, what?!"

Rachel frowned and I instantly felt bad for ignoring her, I mean this is a huge thing in her life and I can't even pretend to listen.

"You're kinda out of it today, aren't you?" She asked

"I'm just a little tired, but don't worry I'll be back to normal in no time."

"Alright..." She said skeptically which made me actually wonder myself if I'll be okay, a nap could fix the tiredness but it wouldn't fix everything. I looked at Rachel and saw her looking down at her half eaten waffle, my heart broke when I heard a small sigh and caught sight of her disappointed frown.

I smiled "Hey, Rachel."

She looked up innocently "Yes?"

"I'm happy you found your mate, I hope he makes you feel happy."

Rachel smiled a look of relief flooded her features and grabbed my hand across the table, she looked so sincere in what she said next it was a little surprising.

"And I hope you kick Hunter's ass tonight for all the pack to see."

Everyone had so much hope in me, they sincerely believed I could beat this curse that was thrusted upon me. I think they thought if I could deny Hunter his mate maybe he wasn't as invincible as the stories say.

An image of Hunter's yellow eyes and the ache of new bruises whispered annoyingly, reminding me just how strong Hunter truly is and how easy it would've been for him to snap me like a twig at almost all of our encounters. These people don't understand the hidden depths of Hunter's power, hell even I didn't know, I couldn't help feel that all those times he's been holding back. Almost as if he didn't want me to know the lengths of his strength and skill, it could just be my paranoia though. Anyways, it's not like I plan to actually slow down enough for Hunter to ever fight me, let alone get a glimpse of me, my plan was to run and hide as fast and long as I can.

Still, a nagging feeling told me that might not be enough, because the beast is hungry and he'll hunt me till there is no where left on earth to run or hide.

*Time skip to noon at the pack house*

"So hot-stuff, how ya feeling about tonight?" Liam asked with his signature grin and cool persona.

I sat at the kitchen island toying with my food, tracing circles in my Caesar salad. Dean and Liam kept me company while I waited for my parents to arrive home tonight. I wanted to see them before 'The Hunting' because as far as I knew it could possibly be the last chance to see the, as a free she-wolf.

"Fine I guess, I mean, it's just like hide 'n' go seek, right?" I replied trying to sound indifferent about the whole situation, but if you listen close enough you could hear the slight tremor slipping through my voice.

"No." Dean dead panned, it was the first thing he said all day.

Since I've gotten here everyone's been looking at me like I have one more day left to live. Packs are always close knitted communities, since day one I have considered myself one with Silver Claw but now it felt as though I'm an outsider. All day werewolves whom I barely speak with have been telling me how I needed to be strong and just how sorry they are for my circumstances.

"This will be nothing like hide 'n' go seek like you so quaintly put it," Dean cold voice startled me slightly "Alpha Hunter Bloodmoon will tear apart the forest to find you."

I looked away from him and in a quiet voice I said "I know."

Something snapped in Dean, like he was on the brick of crying his eyes out.

"No you don't know Aspen, how can you be so at peace with this, we need you to be strong and fight with everything you're got, but instead your sitting here calm and not the least bit angry!" Dean banged his fists down on the table, I listened to the deaf smack the marble made as flesh slammed against it.

My wolf stirred tirelessly.

That did it, I've been humiliated, beaten, stalked, and overall become some object that is easily tradable at a drop of a hats, but I draw the line at being disrespected by an omega, even if Dean is my friend he should remember his place.

I stood up and smoothly stormed over in front of Dean, who realized his mistake and was currently studying the wooden floor boards. I gripped his chin and forced him to look at me, I know I won't ever harm him but people need to know I don't accept rudeness lightly, even from the people I know.

"I'm furious," I growled "but acting like a rabid animal won't stop this from happening, I need to remain level-headed and try to think my through this, not act like a boiling hot mess on the battle field." I release his chin and calmed myself until my voice returned to an even tone.

"This is war and I can either muscle my through it, when I'm clearly outgunned, or think of how I'm going to outlast the battle."

Liam sat awkwardly watching everything unfold, but it wasn't his place to intervene. My pack status outranked both of them, simply being born to the beta I was privileged from the start. Still my life wasn't easy. The constant pressure of being the best hung over my head like a sword tittering on the brick of success or failure. Everyday of my childhood was studying and training to be the strongest, smartest, greatest she-wolf my parents could raise. My mother taught me about werewolf etiquette, grandmother about traditions, father about leading, and brothers about fighting.

Still, I sure turned out to be a well groomed guard dog.

Dean fumbled with his hands, obviously mulling something over, he then looked up at me through thick eyelashes and broke out the tiniest grin ever, I saw something in them I hadn't seen for awhile and admittedly, missed.

Admiration.

"Understood, Aspen." Dean shifted his gaze down and showed his neck as a sign of submission.

My wolf stilled at the sight, a low grumble of satisfaction rumbled within my chest and I then stalked back to the other side of the table and continue eating my salad. Liam and Dean began chattering away about some boy talk, while I sat quietly, contently chewing.

*Time skip to around 8:00pm*

I lay on the couch boredom rampaging throughput my mind, it's been a couple of hours since Liam and Dean left to go prepare for 'The Hunting', apparently Hunter has insisted all guards comb through the forest making sure no rouge or to ensure no cheating will take place while the great chase is progressing. Poor Dean and Liam might miss the feast doing rounds, oh well more food for me.

The feast is mandatory before the games begin, it a way for both the females pack and males pack to bond in case things go the males way, unless of course they're from the same pack. There will be food, music, and possibly even a fighting pit for entertainment, some treat it as a celebration but all females know 'The Hunting' is nothing to be celebrated.

How could we when soon one of our fellow friends will be throw into the woods alone and be hunted for 24 hours by a crazed male. It's hard to drink the wine and gorge our bellies with food all the while smiling, knowing this is the reality.

The soft turning of a door knob announced the arrival of my parents and without delay I scurried towards the entrance of the pack house to greet them. Skidding down the hall I saw my parents discussing pack matters while removing their coats and shoes (A/N Where I live most people take off their shoes before going inside).

"Hey." I called out, they both turned and looked at me, smiling I was engulfed in 360 degrees of parents hugs.

"Aspen, we were just talking and we want you to know we love you so much." My mother said while she trapped me in a giant bear hug.

"We're so proud of you kiddo." Father chuckled watching my mother practically strangle me.

"Well thanks guys, I love you too, but what's this about?"

Mom and Dad stepped back so that they were facing me, they looked at me with dumbfounded expressions like it was completely obvious as to why they were acting so strange. But I had a hunch as to why.

"Sweetheart, your leaving tomorrow with Alpha Hunter," my mother said "now I know you technically do have a chance of not going and being free and all that stuff you like to go on about, but let's be real this is Alpha Hunter Bloodmoon we're talking about, he's not going to let his only mate just waltz out of his life." Her voice was filled with sarcasm but truthful and certain that I was going. Father stood by nodding every once in awhile with agreement.

My heart felt betrayed and stomach was doing backflips trying not to vomit everywhere, how could my own parents not believe in me. I thought about my mother's words 'this is Alpha Hunter Bloodmoon we're talking about' yeah I know and I'm fricking Aspen Swiftpaw toughest she-wolf in my pack, yet even that might not be enough.

Are they right? I mean I am only one small female, not like I'm a big mean Alpha or anything special, just a naive she-wolf thinking I have what it takes to beat Hunter.

A small whine grew in my throat and I couldn't even look at my parents, the people who raised me. Storming up the stairs to my room reminded me of teenager me, I wasn't an overly rebellious child but I did have my moments. Hearing footsteps echo behind I knew mom and dad were following in suit, running away from my problems was classic Aspen.

Once in my room I sat on my bed, back facing the door, gazing out of the window analyzing the snowflakes floating softly, this is how I imagined myself being trapped inside a snow globe must feeling. The door creaked open and in my parents crept, they slowly approached me like I was a startled animal about to bolt at any moment.

The bed dipped and beside me sat them, quiet as a mouse my mom rubbed my back trying to calm me like when I was a child. I started to play with the necklace my grandmother gave me, anything but interact with them.

The necklace was a beat up braided hemp string tide around my neck, hanging loosely a bronze pendant of a moon and wolf howling up to it. It told the story of the Moon Goddess and her lost love, wolf, separated for all time. However, legend goes every Solar eclipse the Moon disappears because the moon goddess went to be with her true love for a few bittersweet moments until returning to fulfill her divine duties. It were that story that made me dream of finding a mate as a little girl, looks like I was screwed over on that one though.

Feeling the warm metal between my fingers reminds me of every legend, folklore, fairytale, and tall tales my grandmother ever told me. It's like keeping a piece of her with me at all times.

"Aspen, we know we sound like jerks right now and you don't have to believe us, in fact don't and keep on fighting, but we just want to be prepared for one of the worst heartbreaks we'll ever experience, so please don't fight us, we're not the enemy." Dad cooed softly so my fragile china doll pride wasn't bruised.

As much as their lack of support hurt, it wasn't surprising, instead it felt more disappointing then it did like a knife in the back. I wanted to be mad, I wanted to feel my rage boiling until it was overflowing out the sides, but I couldn't. Not at them.

Nodding I hugged them, my throat felt tight and my chest hurt. Not anymore because I was sad about their lack of support, but now because I was sad about the fact I could be leaving them tomorrow. Everything I ever knew could be gone in the next 36 hours.

My world is made of glass and someone threw a rock.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long but this chapter just wasn't coming out how I wanted it to, hopefully you don't mind my off and on writing skills😂😂. Anyways, what do think about Rachel finding her mate, hope you didn't forget about that. Who do you think it is? Do we know him yet? Find out in the chapters to come, maybe the next one will finally be 'The Hunting' or the big feast beforehand.

Don't forget to follow me and to like and comment below.

Byeee!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 18.3K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...
550K 15.1K 17
Story of Daimen and Liam "My name... say it again." He said running his finger down my back making me bite my lip and close my eyes. It felt awfully...
464K 13.1K 49
Mature: 18+ He kisses along her neck, between her breasts, and down her stomach. "You look beautiful like this. Your tight, pink p***y stretched arou...
76.9K 3.2K 54
She collapses down in front of me and runs her hands along my shoulders and down my arms. I close my eyes as she lifts my shirt over my head. "I can...