Jem of the King

By TashaAmy1803

Charlotte is the Niece of Charles Brandon. Best Friend of King Henry. She has lived in France nearly all of h... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1 - Meet Charlotte
Chapter 2 - I must know
Chapter 3 - Henry and Charlotte
Chapter 4 - Impression
Chapter 5 - Comfort
Chapter 6 - Heart and Head
Chapter 7 - Play and Reception
Chapter 8 - The Future
Chapter 9 - Wolfhall
Chapter 10 - Nightly Admission
Chapter 11 - Love and Happiness
Chapter 12 - Doubt and Stupid Plan
Chapter 14 - Guilt
Chapter 15 - Word's are more powerful
Chapter 16 - A Bright Future Ahead
Insta

Chapter 13 - Charlotte's Power

7.5K 144 5
By TashaAmy1803

There was to be a jousting tournament yet I felt very nervous like something bad was going to happen. I didn't know what but my heart ached in pain.

"Lottie." I jumped hearing my Uncle. I was sat with Lady Jane Rochford and Catherine. "He wants to see you." I sighed and nodded

"Please excuse me." I left and followed my uncle to His majesty's tent.  I walked in as he was being fitted

"Leave us." They nodded and left. Charles followed shortly behind them.

"I hope you would let me wear your favours ." I looked away and fiddled with the ribbon around my wrist.

"What is it my love?"

"You'd think me silly." I reply he lifted me up by the chin.

"Never"

I have this gut and heart wrenching feeling that something awful will happen to you. I couldn't bare it if something did."

"Darling I have done this plenty of times, I know what I'm doing."

"I know you do. I just can't get rid of it." I shake my head "Maybe I'm just being foolish." I removed the ribbon from my wrist and kissed it before handing it to him.

"I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to lose you." I curtsied and left. Sitting back down I watched my Uncle joust and others.

"His majesty the King." My head snapped round and to look at him take a seat. I saw he spare me a glance.

'Thank you' I mime and he gives a smile nodding. I continued to watch and it would have been Henry's turn if he had not forfeited. The two riders ran towards each other. One was knocked off their horse and didn't get up. People rushed to help and I held my heart. Is that what would have happened if Henry was in his place.

-------

-3rd Person-

The man who was hurt in the place of Henry recovered much to the relief of everyone. Henry laid on his bed as he looked at his Lottie's favours. She and her favours had protected him for harm, she was wise to concern and he was smart to heed it. Because of that he was safe and well.

There was a knock on the door and Charles was introduced . Henry stood up still holding his sweethearts favours.

"Charles" the door closed

"Your majesty." Henry slapped his hands on his friends shoulders

"I hope you know how lucky you are to have Charlotte. She has done you and England a great favour."

"I know what luck she brings. What happened, I thought you were to joust?"

"Our sweet Lottie begged me not to. She told me she had a feeling not to a I wisely heeded her words. "

"I guess you did"

"Now, we must put our plan into action I can tell that the court is getting suspicious of her so must shift rumours to the Lady Jane."

"Do you think it wide to use a Lady as such."

"It does not fair me well but I will have her in good graces and the Seymour's will be gifted for the unknowing help. This is for Lady Jane and this is for Lottie." he handed them two sets of gifts.

"You do love her don't you, Lottie I mean." Henry stopped he hadn't thought about her uncle that much and he was his best friend.

"I do, Charles. I'm doing everything I can to make her happy." that was enough for Charles.

"Then as her Uncle you have my blessing." he bowed and took his leave. After talking to Jane Seymour he felt a little guilty that she was a simple pawn and distraction from what was really going on. He delicately spread a few rumours that she was his new mistress and they had taken like wild fire even the Boleyn's were looking at them.

"Lottie!" he called. There where the light tapping of footsteps as she came to greet her uncle.

"Is all well Uncle?"

"Yes. His majesty sent these to you." he held up a small pouch and a letter she took them but did not opened them though she was tempted she kissed both softly and handed them back.

"Tell him thank you, but today I cannot open them. With his love and grace of god maybe one day I will." he nodded

-----

-Charlotte-

I was summoned to see his majesty and the door opened I quietly walked in and dropped my hood.

"Lottie." I curtsied and stood he walked over to me. "Come." he pulled me closer in.

"I wanted to thank you. If you had not asked me I would have surely periled."

"I only asked."

"But the point still stands" he breathed and held my hands to his heart. He breathed and kissed my hands. "We won't be able to talk for a while. I will have to turn my affection towards the Lady Seymour. But I love you none the less."

"I still think it not right. I think she has feeling for you and to mess with them, something bad might come from such a thing."

"I will take care of it...my Queen." he stroked my face with one hand.

"Will you let me kiss you?" I was about to protest. "I wish to envisage you when you are not around. I will not ask such a thing again till we are married."

"If we were married you wouldn't have to ask. But in fairness and seen as I will be leaving to help take care of my nephews just one." he smiled and leaned to press his lips firmly but sweetly to mine. Our hands slipped to go deeper and the door opened

"Oh god, oh god, oh god." I broke away shocked "What is this?" oh no it was Anne. She slammed the door angry and upset. What have I done.

"Just when my belly is doing its business I find you wenching not only with Mistress Seymour but Mistress Brandon too!" he broke away from me as I took a couple of steps back.

"Sweetheart"

"No"

"Charlotte, you had best leave" I step back and take off running down the halls.

"Lottie!" i heard my uncle but continued running.

"Lottie stop. Just stop" he forced me to a stop before I could mount my horse. "What happened?"

"I knew this would happen, I knew it. Oh my god what have I done. I shouldn't have, I shouldn't" He took me away as I cried

"Lottie, calm down. Tell me what happened."

"We kissed, we kissed and she came. One moment of weakness and she opened the door. What if she loses the baby, it will be all my fault. She saw him with me. I'm a whore." he hugged me

"It's not your fault."

"It is he feel in love with me and...and I encouraged it. Stupid, stupid, stupid." I hit my head with my hand

"Listen to me" he demanded and I looked up at him

"None of this was your fault. I never was and never will be. He fell in love with you with no help. You were yourself and you tried above and beyond you efforts to dissuade him but you two are meant for each other."

"No, no, no."

"Yes. Now this is what you will do. You will wipe your tears and calm down. You will mount your horse and ready to leave for Suffolk estate. Catherine will ride with you. I will take care of what I need to and you will never think of such silly thought again. Am I clear." I nodded hollowly. He watched me mount and ride off.

-3rd Person-

Henry entered angrily into Anne's quarters. Not only had she insulted his sweetheart but now had miscarried his son. He did not care for her cried of pain because in his eyes she deserved it.

"You have lost my boy. I cannot speak of it the loss is too great. But I see now that God will not grant me any male children. When you are up, I will speak with you." he turned round to leave

"It is not all my fault." she cried back "You have no one to blame but yourself for this. I was distressed to see you with that wench Charlotte Brandon." he gripped tight so wanting to do something to her for cursing his loves name. His Lottie was no wench but his angel. How he wanted to fight back but all he could see was the disappointed look of his love.

"Because the love I bear you is so great it broke my heart to see you loved others." he calmed himself

"I said I will speak with you when you are well." he then turned his attention to the ladies "If you speak of any word of what happened in here, you will be a head short. Do you hear me!" the nodded their head vigorously. The last thing he wanted was a taint upon his future wife's name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.2K 45
Henry and Charlotte are obviously more than friends.
6.3K 143 20
Alexandra comes back to Italy to the city of Florence she hears the sad news from her children that her husband Lorenzo de' Medici has passed away. N...
109K 2.6K 56
Fortune favors the brave or incredibly reckless. Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk, a man of impulsive nature takes a risk on a woman of cautious...
34.3K 1K 64
You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of the story, you have to go back to the beginning. 👑 Madeline Brando...