Adoptive Daddy

By lovelynerdyathlete97

"You have a couple options here, abort, adopt, or keep the baby." I mentally scoffed at how inconsiderate the... More

Adoptive Daddy**
Chapter 2**
Chapter 3**
Chapter 4**
Chapter 5**
Chapter 6**
Chapter 8**
Chapter 9**
Chapter 10**
Chapter 11**
Chapter 12**
Chapter 13**
Chapter 14**
Chapter 15**
Chapter 16**
Chapter 17**
Chapter 18**
Chapter 19**
Not a Chapter
Chapter 20**
Chapter 21**
Chapter 22**
Chapter 23**
Chapter 24**
Chapter 25**
Chapter 26**
Chapter 27**
Chapter 28**
Chapter 29
Epilogue**
Please Read
Author's Note

Chapter 7**

34.8K 920 89
By lovelynerdyathlete97

The red glided over my lips and I dabbed my finger over it to make sure it was even. I glanced over myself in the mirror and I knew I looked good.

For a pregnant girl, at least.

My tight white shirt accentuated my almost 3 month baby bump and was professionally tucked into my black pencil skirt. I added red flats into the mix to make my lipstick pop. I added a little mascara and I was ready.

Holli dropped me off at the office and I glanced nervously at her. "What if nobody likes me?" She looked at me, then busted out laughing.

"Micah, you have the two bosses wrapped around your pinky finger. Who cares?" I smiled at her and hugged her before stepping out of her car and entering the building. The front lobby was spacious and very quiet compared to the upstairs parts.

It was nerve wrecking.

I walked to the elevator and I walked to the back corner, to stay unnoticed. The elevator quickly filled and the last to step in was Ashley. I held my breath and prayed she didn't notice me. I know I would eventually have to interact with her, but I wanted to avoid it as long as possible. I hadn't seen her since the run-in at her house.

The elevator slowly emptied until there was only 5 people left and the only floor left was Michael's. There were two men who looked overly serious and were balding, then it was a younger man, probably around my age. He was adorably nerdy looking and he smiled at me, then there was Ashley. She still hadn't looked back and I silently thanked God.

The door opened and everybody poured out, but the younger man, slowed down to leave when I did. "Hi, you look new." I smiled shyly.

"Yea, am I that obvious?" He chuckled and nodded.

"It's cool. We all were in your shoes at one point. What's your name?" He led me through the office and I noticed we were going towards Gabe's office.

"I'm Micah, and what might your name be?"

"I'm Blaise. I like it because it counteracts some of my nerdiness." I busted out laughing and a few people in the office turned to look.

"I'm sorry, but I was thinking the same thing. At least you are an adorable nerd."

"Well I am touched by your compliment. Well I guess you have to go talk with the bosses, they can me a little much sometimes, so good lu-"

Before he even finished, Gabe walked out of the office and beamed when he saw me. "Sunshine!" He came over and hugged me tightly. "You know, I still have to treat you like all the other employees." I scoffed.

"Says the guys who just bear hugged me in front of the whole office." He smirked a little and I punched him on the shoulder. "You know, you should come over and visit me and Holli sometimes. Michael doesn't always have to be there, Jerk." He laughed and started walking with me towards Michael's office.

"Now that I have permission, you'll never get rid of me."

"I look forward to it." We reached Michael's office and opened the door. He was on the phone and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Mr. Ivanoff, yes I realize you need your software, but you placed an order for a very difficult one and I warned you that it might take up to 2 months." He waited some more. "Sir, I understand, but my team is working as fast as they can. The software is almost done." I heard a deep muffled voice on the phone and Michael sighed again. "It should be in by the end of the week. Good day, sir." He hung up his phone and looked up at us.

It was only 8 in the morning and he already looked exhausted. "Dude, I'm sorry you got stuck with Ivanoff again. It seems all the hard clients get stuck with you." He shrugged and beckoned me over. He placed a kiss on my belly and gave me a hug. He closed his eyes and just rested his head against my belly. "See you later." Gabe left and Michael held me in place for a little before letting me go.

"Come on, I got to show you how your computer programs work." He stood up and led me to the desk outside his office. "The programs on this computer are all developed by me and Gabe, so come with me if you have any problems." He showed me the different programs for the next 30 minutes and after he yawned and stretched.

"Hey Mikey, are you okay?" He sighed.

"I'm fine. I just had another fight with Ashley. She keeps bad mouthing you and accusing you of using me for money." I felt bad that I was the reason of the arguments. "It's not your fault." He said with a pointed look, as if he read my mind.

"I don't want you arguing with your wife though." The words felt like acid on my tongue. The selfish part of me did want them arguing because it brought him closer to me, but the rational part of me realized he loved his wife and that it was taking a toll on him.

"It's okay, Micah. Don't worry your pretty little head about it." He stretched out on the tiny couch that was made for people who were waiting to go into his office. He closed his eyes and put his arm over his eyes to shield the light.

As he took a mini nap, I began putting the dates that Michael gave me into the computer planner. The door opened quickly and I looked up to see Ashley's face at the door. I froze for a second before fixing my face and going back to typing.

"What is she doing here? How come I find out from the office talk that you have a new secretary and then of all people it's her?" Michael groaned and sat up on the couch.

"Ashley, I have a killer head ache right now and I don't want to argue. I didn't tell you because I know how you get, like now. She needed the job, I needed the secretary. Get over it."

"Get over it? How dare you tell me to get over it? We are married and you don't talk to me anymore!" This argument was getting way too personal for me to be here, so I started gathering my necessary papers and putting it in my portfolio. I eased out of my chair and made it to the door before Michael called me.

"Yes, sir?" His eye twitched when I called him 'sir' but I really didn't need to cause more problems for him.

"Can you please go get lunch with Gabriel? Doc said you have to eat before the appointment."

"Appointment? What appointment?" I nodded quickly and rushed to get out of the room, before Ashley went on another rampage. I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath.

"You okay there?" I looked at Blaise before hurrying back into the office and past Michael and Ashley to his personal bathroom. I released all of my breakfast into the toilet and I gagged, but nothing else came up.

"Micah? Are you okay?" I couldn't even be bothered to answer his question, so without warning he walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. "What happened?"

"I think I got too worked up." I answered weakly. Michael looked mad.

"I'm sorry, baby girl. This is my fault." I shook my head and rested my head against the cool porcelain of the toilet bowl.

"It's not your fault, Mikey. Help me up real quick, then I'll go get lunch with Gabe." He gently helped me up, which consisted of him holding majority of my weight. I washed my mouth out quickly before straightening my hair and stepping out of the bathroom. Ashley shot me a glare, but I ignored her and made my way out of the office.

Blaise was still standing there. "You okay, Micah? You didn't look so good." I smiled at him.

"That was just morning sickness in its fullest effect. Sorry about that." He glanced down at my stomach and his eyes widened. It was really cute.

"Oh you're pregnant! Well I can be your appointed body guard so that you don't overdo it." I smiled at him and put my arm around his waist.

"I appreciate that, but trust me, Michael does enough of that."

"Michael? As in CEO Michael?" I nodded and he shook his head in amazement. "How do you know both our bosses so well?"

"Well, I don't know if Michael would want me to tell you because it's a little personal, but I knew them before they hired me."

"I respect that. Anyway want to head out to lunch?" I thought about it and nodded. I might as well make some new friends while I'm here.

***

"There is no way that's true!" I said in between laughs.

"It is! No lie!" I began laughing harder and I held my stomach because I was laughing so hard. Michael had walked out of the office and was leaning against the wall watching me with Blaise. He had a smirk on his face and when I noticed him, he made his way over to me.

"Are you ready to go?" I looked at my clock and my eyes widened. It was already 2:30 and my appointment was at 3. I nodded and I waved at Blaise before walking to the elevators with Michael. "I see you and Blaise hit it off well." I nodded and smiled.

"He's just so adorable!" He looked down at me with an amused expression.

"Am I adorable?"

"Nope. You're cute." He grinned at me.

"I'll show you just how cute, later." It suddenly started to feel a lot hotter in the elevator and I smiled and fanned myself, but played it off as a joke. Michael didn't need to know to what extent that comment affected me.

"Did it suddenly get hot in here?" I said and he grinned.

"If there weren't cameras in here, I'd push you against the wall and start kissing you lightly down your neck and maybe even nip too. I'd make you so hot for me, you'd be begging for me to stop." My face heated up to the shade of a tomato and I rushed out of there the minute the door opened.

"Hey Micah?" I turned and Michael tossed me a pair of keys. I looked at him confusedly. "The job comes with a company car." My eyes widened and I rushed and hugged him. The impact made him stagger, but he laughed and hugged me back.

"Thank you so much, Mikey. I owe you so much."

"No you don't. I want to do things for you." I wiped the happy tears out of my eyes and composed myself, blushing from the shocked stares of the people in the lobby. At least they didn't hear what he said, we probably already were the office gossip.

"Can I drive us to the appointment?" He nodded.

"Knock yourself out."

***

We arrived just in time to sign in for my appointment and I'm glad the doctor wasn't busy, because we got called back right away.

"Ms. Lawrence, please follow me. We went back to a bland room that was almost identical to the room I found out I was pregnant in. The doctor came in a minute later and I smiled when I realized that it wasn't the same insensitive jerk from before.

"Hello Ms. Lawrence, sir." She said nodding at the both of us. "Are we ready to see the baby?" I nodded and she smiled at me and sat down on her stool. She took out a gel and smirked at me. "Just a warning, it will be cold." She put it on and I couldn't help jumping. Michael snickered at me and I punched him in the arm. "Is this the father?"

Before I could even answer, Michael spoke up. "Yup! I'm the proud daddy." He kissed my belly and I could see the doctor melt by his actions, but I just stared at him, shocked.

He just said he was the father of my baby. He really wanted to be the dad.

"Well congratulations. So far your baby is healthy." A loud rhythmic beat filled the room and I knew that was my baby. "The heart rate is great and I'm guessing you want pictures?"

"Can you print 3 copies?" I looked at Michael confused. "You know Gabe is going to want one. If you haven't realized yet, he's a sucker for you and babies." I laughed and reached for Michael's hand.

"Hey Mikey, why didn't you say you were the adoptive dad? I mean, you're making her think you're having a kid with me, and I mean, you're married." He sighed and kissed my hand that was entwined with his.

"I didn't say adoptive dad because I don't want to be the adoptive dad, I wish that baby would come out looking just like me." He sighed and rested his head on belly, something I realized he liked to do.

"Sometimes I just wish I met you before Ashley."

************************************************************************************************************

Whoa, what a statement to say.What do you guys think about Blaise? Theres gonna be more Blaise, but unfortunatley more Ashley too. 

I wish Michael met Micah before Ashley too. 

Anyways, what do you feel about him claiming the child????

Picture of Blaise on the side! (I just dont know his name in real life..tell me if you do, please!)

Vote! Comment! Fan me! 

Love you guys! :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 55 37
"Meet me at midnight in the forest of my dreams. We'll make a fire and count the stars that shimmer above the trees. Corinne. ♡♡" "Your hair is winte...
146K 2.5K 37
Aaralyn Price just turned 18. She has the best, bestfriend she could ask for. She has a loving mom. And she's friends with a lot of people at school...
80.6K 2.8K 29
Mae is a thirty eight year old woman who has given up hope of finding her forever person. Knowing that all the good ones are taken caused her to just...
1.4M 16.3K 11
Annie Davis was shocked when she was told she had been inseminated with the wrong sperm which of course belongs to a Billionaire who insists he wants...