Jem of the King

Od TashaAmy1803

Charlotte is the Niece of Charles Brandon. Best Friend of King Henry. She has lived in France nearly all of h... Viac

Disclaimer
Chapter 2 - I must know
Chapter 3 - Henry and Charlotte
Chapter 4 - Impression
Chapter 5 - Comfort
Chapter 6 - Heart and Head
Chapter 7 - Play and Reception
Chapter 8 - The Future
Chapter 9 - Wolfhall
Chapter 10 - Nightly Admission
Chapter 11 - Love and Happiness
Chapter 12 - Doubt and Stupid Plan
Chapter 13 - Charlotte's Power
Chapter 14 - Guilt
Chapter 15 - Word's are more powerful
Chapter 16 - A Bright Future Ahead
Insta

Chapter 1 - Meet Charlotte

13.9K 203 9
Od TashaAmy1803

Character Profile

Name: Charlotte Brandon

Age: 21

Family: Oliver Brandon (Father Deceased ) Monique (Mother, presumed dead)  Charles Brandon (Uncle) Catherine Brandon (Aunt) Edward Brandon (Cousin)

About Charlotte: Her parents moved to France and served the French royal family. James her father died off and Illness and her mother abandoned her out of grief with a young Queen Claude, who took her in and raise her as a lady in waiting. Charlotte missed her family and decided to return to England and live with her Uncle. She is kind, caring, loyal, affectionate but can still challenge and judge. She will make her voice heard in the subtle sense but is not power hungry.

Played by Amanda Seyfried

Chapter 1 - Meet Charlotte

-Charlotte-

I was helped off the small boat now back in England, I smiled upon seeing my Uncle Charles.

"Uncle!" He laughed as he lifted me up and spun me around.

"Charlotte." he took a step back to look at me. "You have grown, it has been so long and you are now a woman."

"Almost, but those are fine details. I have missed you so. France is no England."

"Yes, I cannot believe that i missed you."

"You did not, I was unwell when you  came. I heard maids whisper about you and his majesty. So I wrote to you. My how you've prospered. Duke of Suffolk." he laughed

"Come, let me take you home." I mounted a horse and followed my Uncle. We arrived at his estate and he helped me dismount.

"Come, you must meet my wife and son." he smiled and escorted me inside.

"Catherine, may I introduce my niece Charlotte. Lottie, this is my wife Catherine and my son Edward." I smiled

"It is a pleasure to meet you." Catherine i think was the same age as I or maybe a little older but the age difference was close between us.

"As it is you, my husband has told me may things of you. I hope we can be good friends."

"I hope so too."

"Bonjour Mademoiselle" I laughed and young Edward

"Bonjour cousin le plus cher" (Hello dearest cousin )

"Let us settle you in." we walked together

"Will I be taken to court, Uncle. To meet his majesty?"

"Soon, Lottie. I will let you settle in first them I will introduce you." i nod

"It is very different not being a part of a court. Her Majesty was so kind and generous." I smile fondly.

"It pleases me that you were treated so well. Here you are. Your luggage will be brought to you soon."

"Thank you, Uncle"

-----------------------

It had been two months since my arrival and it was nearly Christmastime. I sat under the tent as my Uncle taught his son archery. I smiled at the sight and continued talking with Catherine. A man arrived and talked with Charles.

"Catherine, who is that man talking with my Uncle."

"The King's secretary, Sir Thomas Cromwell." I nodded and Edward came to sit with us as the two left on a walk. When they came back I saw Charles look over at us, he motioned for me to come over. I stood and joined them

"Mr Secretary, might I introduce my niece  the, Lady Charlotte."

"Mr. Secretary." I curtsied

"Lady Charlotte. Your Grace I was not aware that you had a niece. "

"I was raised in France by her Majesty after my father passed and my mother abandoned me. I was unwell, on England's visits to Calais." I answered

"I see" Uncle smiled at me.

"Will we be seeing you at court Lady Charlotte."

"I plan to present her when I leave next." I curtsied and left to sit back down

--time skip--

English court was very more lively that France. I was escorted in with my Aunt into the hall.

"Come, Lottie" I curtsied to my aunt and went our separate ways.

"That is His Majesty "he informed me I nodded in acknowledgement. They saw us and her majesty came over as Charles greeted his friend.

"Lady Charlotte. How are you?" I curtsied

"Very well, Your Majesty. Might I congratulate you on the birth of your daughter. Princess Elizabeth, I believe."

"Yes, she is doing well. And what of you?"

"I came here to re connect with my Uncle, Duke of Suffolk."

"I was not aware he had any other family." I look over at my Uncle who was talking with the King.

"Not many do. My Grandfather did not approve of My father marrying a French noble. So he was cast away."

"Well it is a great pleasure to see you once again Lady Charlotte." I curtsied and she moved on. Charles gestured for me to come over, which I did.

"Your majesty. Lady Charlotte Brandon. My favourite niece" I laughed

"Uncle Charles I am your only niece." I looked to the King and curtsied

"Your Majesty." he let his hands down for me to take and I took them.

"Mistress Charlotte. Your Uncle tells me that you served under the Queen of France."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Why did you leave."

"I wished to see My Uncle. I had missed him on his occasions of visit. I felt it time to come back."

"And how does court treat you so far."

"I have not been here long, ask me later." he laughed

"Well, welcome to court." I curtsied  and he left.

"Will you dance with me dearest Lottie." i smiled

"Of course uncle on the condition that right after you dance with your wife. He bowed to me

"I swear" I laughed

-3rd Person-

Charlotte and Charles danced merrily. While they did, Charlotte noticed the bitter look that her old friend had and followed her look to see a lady in waiting with the King. She notice that look of displeasure. Queen Claude had it when she knew her husband was with his mistress. Once the dance had finished the Queen was being held by her husband. As promised Charles danced with Catherine and Charlotte watched on sipping wine.

"Mistress Charlotte" she looked up to the eyes of the King. "Would you like to dance?"

"Of course, Your majesty." she took his hand.

"You look most becoming in emerald, Mistress Charlotte."

"Thank you, my lord. I see such a colour along with Sapphire as my favourites."

"What about purple."

"That is for royalty I am wear no such things so I cannot comment."

"Tell me, are you married." Charlotte laughed

"No."

"Surly you have many suitors"

"Oh yes, but to them I am merely someone to add to the bed post. My virtue is for my husband and no one else. " the split and dance with someone else before dancing together again.

"You think low of men."

"Quite the contrary, we need each other. But I wish not be made a fool. My virtue is my soul and love. Therefore a part of me. I have under lock and key and defences to keep it so. "

"You seem very noble."

"Thank you your majesty. "

"Tell me, would you dine with me next morrow."

"With her majesty as well, how could I refuse."

"No." he stopped " Just me."

"I cannot. Believe me, I wish to appease your majesty. But I make it one of my morals to not dine with men alone if they have wives. That way relationships cannot be torn by me. I ask you to forgive me because I cannot agree to such a request on which asks me to turn a head to something that sets me apart from other courtiers." Henry was shocked. This woman denied him and made a good point in doing so.

"Very well, I hope to see you at court more often." she curtsied and left.

What do you think? I just had to get this out of the way so I could get on with the story sorry for the time skips.

\d

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

116K 1.9K 48
~ Instead of sentencing Anne to death, Henry divorced Anne. He remarries to Jane Seymour, leaving Anne to live as the Duchess of Pembroke. Everyone p...
8.3K 246 20
In which the niece of Henri VI and Margaret of Anjou, is the most closest advisor of the new king. Between love, plots, poisons and murder, Victoria...
193K 3.6K 41
Elena Boleyn is the youngest child of sir Thomas boleyn and was certain of what her life would be like but when her and her sisters are asked to beca...
49.9K 1.2K 39
°After a night of fun something unexpected happend how will Charlotte's life be afected and will henry be there for her or will it ruin their friends...